***Official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

We have a chance. Wouldn’t say I was confident as I never am going away to Glasgow but we are due a result! Few things in our favour is they have nothing to play for and hopefully Kent and Morelos still missing as well (always play well against us) we have pace upfront that can hurt them which I have been saying for years is what you need to have a chance v them in Glasgow. Same team to build momentum and we go in with confidence about us 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• Watt-Zeefuik

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Gundermann

Just hope Naismith has the defence doing overtime on defending crosses and corners. Even Sevco's bench warmers probably cost more than our entire squad put together and may be seeking to claim a place for next season.

Same approach regarding attacking though and harrying them whenever they get the ball.

Gundermann
1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

Just beat this scum. Hate them.

The Rangers are just the bigger and younger version of Airdrie though just as despicable.

13 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The team? If it ain't broke... depending on injuries. 

Same team as yesterday for me. Although is it not cochranes second of his 2 match ban? I don't want us to have to rely on halliday at full back as he's mince in that position. Hopefully Kingsley is available.

Pasquale for King

We need to put pressure on their young GK, a few bumps etc and get crosses on top of him. 

19 minutes ago, PauloSergio said:

Any Rangers players a booking away from suspension? Just curious 

It wouldn’t affect Wednesday anyway, only a red today would. 

21 hours ago, Bauld said:

Our only hope for third is to hammer the vermin.

If we took a draw from this it would really put pressure on the sheep going into the final weekend.

Anything from this would be a bonus though. Momentum going into the hibs game.

I agree with this and then get a sick feeling that Celtic lie down next week = aaaargh

OmiyaHearts

Given our away record this season and the state of our set piece defending, I can't see us getting anything.

PauloSergio
41 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It wouldn’t affect Wednesday anyway, only a red today would. 

👍

AC Mallin_51
22 hours ago, ramrod said:

We will definitely lose , Aberdeen won't beat St Mirren. 

Book mark it .

Would take that right now

ScandinavianJambo

We need to deal with set pieces better if we are to stand a chance. I'm looking forward to see how Naismith set us up!

Lossiemouth Jambo

I reckon they will be keen to play some of their youngsters; we just need to remember when they did that at the end of last season, they beat us 3-1.

Big match !

Edited by Lossiemouth Jambo

frankblack
1 minute ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

We need to deal with set pieces better if we are to stand a chance. I'm looking forward to see how Naismith set us up!

That has been a problem all season.  Won't be fixed before the new season.

May one-six

Unfortunately, our defence is not up to the task of keeping them out, so if we want to get any kind of positive result we'll need to score. I don't think Toby or Kyle are bad players it's just that they don't complement each other. It's case of fingers crossed and hope for the best. 

20 minutes ago, Lossiemouth Jambo said:

I reckon they will be keen to play some of their youngsters; we just need to remember when they did that at the end of last season, they beat us 3-1.

Big match !

We had nothing to play for though 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We need to put pressure on their young GK, a few bumps etc and get crosses on top of him. 

Absolutely spot-on. He was looking shaky today but H1b5 were boggin' and unable to take any advantage of that weakness (until their late consolation).

H1b5:-

That Youan fella has the footballing brain of a goldfish and dribbled himself into trouble every time bar one.

McKirdy's most notable contribution was his ridiculous pink hair-do that matched his boots although he did have a decent shot saved. A poor man's Barrie McKay.

The newly re-signed Nesbit (sp) was nothing other than below average ... almost anonymous. They might as well have fielded Rab C. 🤭

The match had a definite 'end of season' vibe with The Rangers cruising it and H1b5, in spite of having something to play for, simply not being at the races.

If that's any indication of their current capabilities and we play to our strengths as demonstrated in our home games under Naismith then they are in for a complete doing in the end of season derby.

I never bet, but I might have a wee punt just for the phree munnay. 🙂

The Rangers:-

As for The Rangers, it's hard to say. I'll have to look at the highlights but it looked to me that their 1st goal was a howler from H1b5' 'keeper after what seemed to me very much like an undeserved free kick. In fact, it was almost a carbon copy of that goal for St Mirren v us ... a dodgy free kick in a dangerous position plus a goal keeping error.

For their 2nd Fish was pish, and their 3rd was a total calamity - the sort of goal that never seems to come our way.

In other words, The Rangers may very well have somehow 'deserved' their goals, but none of them were notable, unlike our two v the 🐑. What's more, they were more than happy to time-waste endlessly. If that's their collective mind-set then Oda, Ginelli (assuming he's not effed his ankle) and Shankland could very well give them nightmares.

Hence, all we can do is go to Ibrox and take the game to them with confidence. Their 'given opportunities' players are anything but 'crap' but they were up against a gawd-awful H1b5 team and didn't exactly run rings around them.

I'm gonna miss the away trip to Ibrox, but for those stalwarts who are prepared to suffer that testing experience at no small expense, get yer best nasal Weegie voice OAN and let Naismith and the players know that we're behind them 100%.

❤️❤️G❤️

Voice 104.m4a

Seaside Dave

Looking forward to it. Be nice to get a win there for a change. Eyes will be more on Aberdeen score. As long as we at least match it. Quietly confident Celtic will do them last game and we will beat the rats down the road 

No better time to be playing them. If we play as we did yesterday, even with the  cheat in the middle, we’ll give them a game. There’s a freshness about this team now and a belief. 

frankblack
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are Collum and Beaton not officials for this game?  If so, that tactic will only get one outcome.

13 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

That’s it in a nutshell. Defending is the key to getting anything’ from Hunbrox. Toby and Kai together give me the fear. I don’t want soapy rubbing our noses in it but he’ll be desperate to get one over us. I’d be happy with a point as I think a victory is far too much of a grasp. 

Soapy own goal let the conspiracy theories begin :fing10:

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Its why we will concede, a few probably. Just got to hope they keep missing the free headers 

Bazzas right boot

Defend better and we will have a chance.

Hopefully Gino is fit, if shankland is up top on his own I don't think it will be effective.

If Gino is up top I think we'll cause them bother but our defending of cross balls still gives me the fear.

Luckies1874

We haven't beaten them at Ibrox in the top league in over 19 years!  

There may be some interesting dynamics in play depending on how both games are going. If Aberdeen are winning and we are drawing into the 2nd half for instance there will come a time we have to throw caution to the wind as a point won't be enough. Hopefully we will have better news than that from Pittodrie and will be producing some kind of miracle performance ourselves. There will be few better opportunities than this to go there and win. 

On 20/05/2023 at 15:34, jack D and coke said:

Probably not. 
Much more interested to see how Naismith sets us up tbh.
Not the usual Levein/Neilson mess our shorts before a ball is kicked will be a significant improvement for me. 

Confident he will go out to have a go. I don't believe he would think otherwise. 

tiger Rudi

I would bring Hill back at fullback with Atkinson in front of him. Play two up!! Ginelly and Oda with Shankland playing slightly deeper. Pace is needed up top to get them turning! 

7 hours ago, superjack said:

Same team as yesterday for me. Although is it not cochranes second of his 2 match ban? I don't want us to have to rely on halliday at full back as he's mince in that position. Hopefully Kingsley is available.

I’d rather play Bill at RB and move natty to LB. Halliday weakens us and is not what we need in any shape or form 

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Confident he will go out to have a go. I don't believe he would think otherwise. 

I don’t believe for a second we have better players than rangers or can realistically beat them anymore, frankly we’re deluding ourselves if we do.

But on a day though when your attitude is right and you get things right tactically you can have a chance. 
We’ve been an utter disgrace at ibrox and parkhead in recent years. 
They don’t get easier games than us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Imagine we win Wednesday and Aberdeen don't, we could be celebrating a defeat to Hibs :shockio:

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Imagine we win Wednesday and Aberdeen don't, we could be celebrating a defeat to Hibs :shockio:

Unless Hibs win on Wednesday. 🥸

20 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t believe for a second we have better players than rangers or can realistically beat them anymore, frankly we’re deluding ourselves if we do.

But on a day though when your attitude is right and you get things right tactically you can have a chance. 
We’ve been an utter disgrace at ibrox and parkhead in recent years. 
They don’t get easier games than us. 

Confident we would have got something against the left cheek if we had not have had a man wrongly sent off. You are correct, however, I think we will see a different animal at the right cheeks gaff, either cheek could be right or left btw. Just decided for myself. 👍

Edited by tightrope

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If we win Wednesday Hibs are toast even with a win

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Confident we would have got something against the left cheek if we had not have had a man wrongly sent off. You are correct, however, I think we will see a different animal at the right cheeks gaff, either cheek could be right or left btw. Just decided for myself. 👍

**** the pair of them man. I despise them both with passion. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

**** the pair of them man. I despise them both with passion. 

Correct answer.

TyphoonJambo
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Negative *******

1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

We haven't beaten them at Ibrox in the top league in over 19 years!  

There may be some interesting dynamics in play depending on how both games are going. If Aberdeen are winning and we are drawing into the 2nd half for instance there will come a time we have to throw caution to the wind as a point won't be enough. Hopefully we will have better news than that from Pittodrie and will be producing some kind of miracle performance ourselves. There will be few better opportunities than this to go there and win. 

Ian Black game, 2012 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/17252607

On 20/05/2023 at 15:43, JimmyCant said:

Eh ?

Sheep beat St Mirren and a draw is no use to us. 

We’ll need to win at Ibrox to keep it alive I feel.

St Mirren are full of confidence with a chance to pip Hibs - they won’t lose at Aberdeen who are filling their pants as we speak!

12 hours ago, DC_92 said:

0-0 is useless if Aberdeen beat St Mirren. And the only scenario where a draw is any better than a defeat here is if Aberdeen draw with St Mirren and Celtic and we beat Hibs (we would finish ahead on goal difference).

We can't bank on St Mirren getting something at Pittodrie so this has to be viewed as a must-win game.

A draw at Ibrox could also be significant if Aberdeen were to lose both their games, in which case the draw would mean we'd only need a point against Hibs for us to get 3rd.

We should still go out and hammer hibs though.

26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Big Ange was not a happy camper with his team on Saturday. They will not repeat that performance.

Hibs 0 Celtic 4