Well done Willie Collum

neilnunb

10 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Dreadful - ref made the right on field decision but Collum decides it’s an obvious error. Nobody playing thought it was anything other than a yellow

Pressured the ref, who didn't have the testicular fortitude to push back, into changing his decision. As clear as day.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Rogue Daddy

• jamboj

• Bull's-eye

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Indeed refuse to accept Walsh or Colum again 

I'd take that. Adamant the club needs to say something. 

Every ****ing top flight referee bar Gavin Duncan is from the West. Its not an accident. The promotion process of referees in Scotland is biased towards those from the west. Its irrefutable. The club, has an obligation to the fans that season after season dig deep with the FOH, season tickets, shirts, following the team up and down the country, to call this out and ask the question on why referees are only promoted from the west coast. 

Both Aberdeen and Hibs have been screwed too, so make a joint statement. Just do something to show the fans that they actually do recognise how wrong the set up is and will robustly challenge what is a pretty clear and obvious bias from our governing authority. 

part_time_jambo
2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

FFS they even PLAN the remaining fixtures around the two of them! You really don’t think it’s beyond them?

Their incompitance is beyond bounds, but I really don't think they would go as far as instruct officials to influence the game.

Just now, part_time_jambo said:

Their incompitance is beyond bounds, but I really don't think they would go as far as instruct officials to influence the game.

Yup. They don't need to.

Hearts should refuse to play under the refereeship of Wullie.

I hope he enjoys his Creme de Menthe with his chips tonight.

Anyone know an N. Walsh? Green and white envelope found outside the changing rooms signed PL. 

Edited by D4nny_

Armageddon

In the Newcastle Arsenal game they just had the best experience of VAR being used properly without corruption.

Just now, Morgan said:

Hearts should refuse to play under the refereeship of Wullie.

I hope he enjoys his Creme de Menthe with his chips tonight.

I'd support that. 

I don't know what Creme de menthe is, but I hope someone green'ers in his ****ing chips. 

south morocco
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

I think you’re being very naive. Just saying 

Just now, OTT said:

I'd support that. 

I don't know what Creme de menthe is, but I hope someone green'ers in his ****ing chips. 

You don't want to. 🤮

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

You have to be kidding. How much ****ing evidence required over the years.  Bent corrupt 

I know there's no point in moaning about that decision but the referees should get their sh*t together.  It can't  be a clear and obvious mistake by ref if it takes 3/4 mins to decide it was a clear and obvious mistake.  Collum should never have got involved.

Dennis Reynolds

I want to know what constitutes a clear goal scoring opportunity. He was fouled around 25 yards out ffs. He's got plenty to do. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I want to know what constitutes a clear goal scoring opportunity. He was fouled around 25 yards out ffs. He's got plenty to do. 

For celtic or everyone else 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

I'd support that. 

It’s a sweet, mint flavoured alcoholic drink.  Green in colour.

I prefer your suggestion though.  :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You don't want to. 🤮

Fair comment.

7 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Well, I think they would.  👍

andythejambo
16 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Do you seriously believe that the SPFL authorities would instruct the officials prior to the game to rig it? "Right lads. If Celtic don't look like winning, make sure you send off a

On 03/11/2022 at 16:23, Polonia Gorgie said:

I'd like us to bring on Pollock for either Henderson or Smith, I'd like the boy to get a run out, 

Maybe bring Clark on too

Hearts player or give Celtic a penalty." Don't think so. 

Yes.

Corstorphine Jambo

The way that game was going it was looking likely Celtic might win the league at Ibrox. Then the collective weight of the SFA sorts it out - corrupt as hell.

Bull's-eye

I actually hoped VAR might even up the games a bit and hoped we'd see an end of these "bizarre" decisions against one of the arse cheeks at the business end of the season.

How foolish of me, they dont even care that the cameras are in and the games being televised any more.

Same Shite, different season.

ToadKiller Dog

Walsh bottled it ,did as he was told by gollum.

Also hiw quick was gollam with the var check on the offside goal just after .

That was blatant cheating .

We should be able to see what the refs watch on our stadium screens sane time as the refs .

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

If Hearts are on top…. And Celtic, potentially, going to Ibrox the following week where they could seal the title?
I think we’ll agree to disagree. 
I think that’s exactly what they’re capable of. 
Plenty of accounts on here about a Hearts supporting referee being instructed (prior to the game) NOT to give us a penalty on the final day of the season in ‘86. 

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You have to be kidding. How much ****ing evidence required over the years.  Bent corrupt 

Exactly. 

Willie Collum forced that decision. He's Nick Walsh superior and Walsh has been  pushed into giving that red. 

JayTeeJnr
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Pressured the ref, who didn't have the testicular fortitude to push back, into changing his decision. As clear as day.

Absolutely. You can understand decisions being overturned if the officials have missed a clear foul or handball, but that was a difference in opinion on an incident they all saw. Essentially Collum deeming his opinion better than the ref and linesman on that side.

Referees almost always defer to the people in VAR which is not how it should be if they believe they got it right first time. 

I hate, absolutely feckin HATE, Scottish Football.

The other clubs, despite being cheated collectively, will not challenge this farce as one. It's always just one club at a time, in the hours/days after being conned, who make a fuss. I've never known another club step forward and back a club.

It's long overdue but won't be done and that's that.

I want to Hearts to leave. I would gladly have us join the EFL at as high a level as possible and take our chances. It can't be worse than what we have now.

Sick of it.

Wee Mikey
35 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Coward referee backed up by VAR. Amazing VAR didn't look at anything else except to make sure they couldn't find a way to let the offside goal count 

I'll await to see re-plays ... but ... their 2nd looked offside to me. Wishful thinking? Aye, maybe ...

Utterly wild to involve VAR for that, the referee had dealt with it perfectly fine.

As bad as these guys can be, when even their good decisions are being interfered with and reviewed then the game’s up.

Collum is notorious for wading in and getting involved in incidents that don’t warrant red cards. He has that streak in him and has done it all his career.

I assume Hearts will appeal, but it doesn’t bring the game back.

Michael Stewart, Andy Walker and Chris Sutton all disagreeing with the sending off. Disgusting corrupt SFA. 

Cowshedjambo

Interesting article in the Scotsman from January after St Johnstone vs Rangers Game where the discuss Collum and Walsh decision making during that game. Walsh was VAR official Collum was ref.  Past history with them. 

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Horrendous decision.

I'd say its debatable whether its even a foul. The Celtic player cleverly cuts inside and clips Cochrane. Also, Cochrane doesn't break stride and doesn't make any move to trip him up.

A free kick without the Maroon specs on possibly. A Yellow, not for me.

The Red was truly baffling and instigated quite clearly by Collum. He alone ruined a cracking spectacle and drove another nail into the coffin of the Scottish game.

Cowshedjambo
Just now, Cowshedjambo said:

Interesting article in the Scotsman from January after St Johnstone vs Rangers Game where the discuss Collum and Walsh decision making during that game. Walsh was VAR official Collum was ref.  Past history with them. 

2 minutes ago, Cowshedjambo said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-reaction-bizarre-willie-collum-rangersceltic-stat-49-penalties-for-none-against-super-surface-4005480

Thought a booking was sufficient at the game and fully expected to come home and watch the incident and have to put my hands up and say I was wrong but bloody hell, that's never a red card.

The moment I found out Nick Walsh was gonna be todays ref. I immediately knew he would be more on Celtics side. 

Ange has referred almost weekly about the first game VAR was involved.  Nick Walsh didn't award celtic a penalty for Michael Smiths handball that day.

Willie Collum on VAR. Quite obviously to ensure Celtic didn't miss out again. 

If that's a Red football up here is goosed. The player ran across cochrane clever play foul at best yellow possibly but Red card how is that a goal scoring opertunity. We need appeal and ask for review why it was deemed a Red from official who has form for his celtic leanings in the past. Celtic have 5 times our budget surely they do not need the GFA to help them. If any rangers  fans tuning in suck it up your weegie associates are helping your rivals to maybe more than ten in a row.

The Hogfather

I’d be very interested to know how many red cards have been issued to Hearts players under Collums influence in matches vs Celtic. 

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'd say its debatable whether its even a foul. The Celtic player cleverly cuts inside and clips Cochrane. Also, Cochrane doesn't break stride and doesn't make any move to trip him up.

A free kick without the Maroon specs on possibly. A Yellow, not for me.

The Red was truly baffling and instigated quite clearly by Collum. He alone ruined a cracking spectacle and drove another nail into the coffin of the Scottish game.

Apart from anything else, wasn't our player (#15, Rowles) covering? Hence, another reason for it being no way a clear goal-scoring opportunity?

15 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Utterly wild to involve VAR for that, the referee had dealt with it perfectly fine.

As bad as these guys can be, when even their good decisions are being interfered with and reviewed then the game’s up.

Collum is notorious for wading in and getting involved in incidents that don’t warrant red cards. He has that streak in him and has done it all his career.

I assume Hearts will appeal, but it doesn’t bring the game back.

The big point in all this is there is no way on earth Collum would have got himself involved if it was a Celtic Rangers game because the incident just wasn't clear cut enough. 

It's OK to get involved  otherwise though,  that's what really annoys the rest of Scottish football and why we are always looked on as a joke league. 

A great game of football totally ruined bt a self import wee nyaff.

Bull's-eye
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Apart from anything else, wasn't our player (#15, Rowles) covering? Hence, another reason for it being no way a clear goal-scoring opportunity?

Rowles is just behind the incident and would have got a challenge in therefore never a Red.

Everyone knows that though, including the officials  ☹️

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

The big point in all this is there is no way on earth Collum would have got himself involved if it was a Celtic Rangers game because the incident just wasn't clear cut enough. 

It's OK to get involved  otherwise though,  that's what really annoys the rest of Scottish football and why we are always looked on as a joke league. 

A great game of football totally ruined bt a self import wee nyaff.

Thing is, it wouldn’t even need to be a Celtic Rangers game. If that had been at the other end today, it would have been a booking and a free kick, nothing else. VAR would not have even been mentioned and nobody would have said a thing about it from that point on. They created this.

Fair play to Father Collum, I didn’t think he could top not giving a Hearts goal that was a yard over the line and letting his team go up to the pitch to score. However the crafty devil managed it in a game he wasn’t even refereeing!

Diadora Van Basten
8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The moment I found out Nick Walsh was gonna be todays ref. I immediately knew he would be more on Celtics side. 

Ange has referred almost weekly about the first game VAR was involved.  Nick Walsh didn't award celtic a penalty for Michael Smiths handball that day.

Willie Collum on VAR. Quite obviously to ensure Celtic didn't miss out again. 

So we get two league games against Celtic at home and get the same ref. Then we get Rangers at home and the ref is Rangers fan Beaton.

They don’t even try to hide their bias.

BTW they should have had four yellows in the second half when we were on the attack and they committed professional fouls to break up our play and they got zero.

Indefensible decision that ruined the game. Absolute shocker. Never in a million years would a Celtic player have seen red in that situation.