Well done Willie Collum

neilnunb

Rogue Daddy
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

So we get two league games against Celtic at home and get the same ref. Then we get Rangers at home and the ref is Rangers fan Beaton.

They don’t even try to hide their bias.

BTW they should have had four yellows in the second half when we were on the attack and they committed professional fouls to break up our play and they got zero.

Yep, the clearest being O’reillys ‘tackle’ on Devlin. Rightly gives the foul but doesn’t give a card as he’d already been give a yellow in the first half. Joke. 0-0 at the time as well. No wonder Ange took him off shortly after. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTT

• Rogue Daddy

• jamboj

• Bull's-eye

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder if it is appropriate to ask if someone involved in VAR had a personal interest in a result. I can't see any other reason for making such an awful decision.

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, the clearest being O’reillys ‘tackle’ on Devlin. Rightly gives the foul but doesn’t give a card as he’d already been give a yellow in the first half. Joke. 0-0 at the time as well. No wonder Ange took him off shortly after. 

Said to my mate as soon as O’Reilly was carded that he’ll get away with a few then get subbed off. Nothing ****ing changes against those *****. 

1 minute ago, H2 said:

I wonder if it is appropriate to ask if someone involved in VAR had a personal interest in a result. I can't see any other reason for making such an awful decision.

Think the club should just outright go for it. Raise serious concerns over the lack of refs being promoted from the East Coast, that this is now another high profile blunder from Collum and argue that he has exerted undue influence over a referee his junior. 

If the club gets fine, fair enough whatever, but a scathing statement that makes his involvement in games with us no longer feasible would be good. He's a cheating *****. 

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Thought a booking was sufficient at the game and fully expected to come home and watch the incident and have to put my hands up and say I was wrong but bloody hell, that's never a red card.

It's even a very debatable yellow.

skinnybob72

If you are going to get sent off against Celtic then make it worthwhile by smashing one of their players to pieces. 

Lord Montpelier

Second half. Kyogo scores

Restart is taken and he goes down with a hurty arm or something. Hearts in possession but ref stops play for hurty arm. 

Celtic can then make not one but two subs during the stoppage. 

OK it's not crime of the century but feels like the ref favouring one team

And funnily enough no sign of hurty arm in full time celebrations. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Restart is taken and he goes down with a hurty arm or something. Hearts in possession but ref stops play for hurty arm. 

Because he was.

Toxteth O'Grady
2 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

If you are going to get sent off against Celtic then make it worthwhile by smashing one of their players to pieces. 

This is probably a decent suggestion - if you know you are going to be cheated by a ref then you might as well put some donkey on and get them to break a leg.

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Don’t forget the putting the boots back on fiasco, not once but twice, then ordering our subs off behind the goals the letting Celtic’s subs stop to gather daisies on the way off! The whole set up stinks, corrupt to the core.

The anger today is entirely justified. I don't mean to detract from it. 

But. Football as a whole sport has made its bed with this. Players, coaches and fans give officials absolute dogs abuse, constantly. Stuff which you wouldn't get away with anywhere else in society. And stuff which would routinely result in long bans in any other sport. 

Players and coaches try to cheat officials consistently. There is very little honesty and decency shown. Diving, trying to get opposition players booked, "claiming" for every decision when they know fine well it's not.

The outcome, is that the best referee we can get in Scotland is Willie Collum. And if you think the standard is better elsewhere, you're deluded. Why on earth would anyone with talent do that? Ditto the adminstration of them, it just follows. 

And I know, I know. "Snowflakes shouldn't be referees. If you don't like a bit of abuse, don't do the job. Back in my day it was even worse". Great, thanks for your contribution. But it's caused today. And it causes the mistakes every single week. Cause only a fool would be a ref, so we are reffed by fools and cheats. 

A huge, huge culture change is needed if anyone actually wants to see improvement. It won't happen otherwise. (So it won't happen). 

part_time_jambo
58 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If Hearts are on top…. And Celtic, potentially, going to Ibrox the following week where they could seal the title?
I think we’ll agree to disagree. 
I think that’s exactly what they’re capable of. 
Plenty of accounts on here about a Hearts supporting referee being instructed (prior to the game) NOT to give us a penalty on the final day of the season in ‘86. 

If it's on here then it must be true.

1 minute ago, jamboj said:

But. Football as a whole sport has made its bed with this. Players, coaches and fans give officials absolute dogs abuse, constantly. Stuff which you wouldn't get away with anywhere else in society. And stuff which would routinely result in long bans in any other sport. 

Players and coaches try to cheat officials consistently. There is very little honesty and decency shown. Diving, trying to get opposition players booked, "claiming" for every decision when they know fine well it's not.

The outcome, is that the best referee we can get in Scotland is Willie Collum. And if you think the standard is better elsewhere, you're deluded. Why on earth would anyone with talent do that? Ditto the adminstration of them, it just follows. 

And I know, I know. "Snowflakes shouldn't be referees. If you don't like a bit of abuse, don't do the job. Back in my day it was even worse". Great, thanks for your contribution. But it's caused today. And it causes the mistakes every single week. Cause only a fool would be a ref, so we are reffed by fools and cheats. 

A huge, huge culture change is needed if anyone actually wants to see improvement. It won't happen otherwise. (So it won't happen). 

TBH I think our referees deserve more abuse, much more. 

If it happens to cause us to need foreign referees then that would be such a shame. 

Japan Jambo
48 minutes ago, martoon said:

I hate, absolutely feckin HATE, Scottish Football.

The other clubs, despite being cheated collectively, will not challenge this farce as one. It's always just one club at a time, in the hours/days after being conned, who make a fuss. I've never known another club step forward and back a club.

It's long overdue but won't be done and that's that.

I want to Hearts to leave. I would gladly have us join the EFL at as high a level as possible and take our chances. It can't be worse than what we have now.

Sick of it.

Yup, we as fans are to blame too though. When Aberdeen or Hibs get cheated we revel in the moment rather than joining in a chorus of demanding change. It's systemic and just reinforces how totally tinpot the league is - it's indefensible trying to defend it down here so I've long since stopped bothering.

Bull's-eye

Collum is sat in room at Hampden somewhere with a glass of Red and Custard tart making that decision to destroy a competitive game of Football.

Nothing to do with the abuse he gets from the stands.

Robbed against that lot yet again, who would've known. 

VAR suppose to stop dodgy decisions, not make dodgy decisions, thanks Gollum, ya cheating, robbing, bias bassa.

Hearts beat by the officials, not smeltic 

skinnybob72

If Wullie Collum walked out in front of my car the only skidmarks the police would find would be in his underwear. 

SectionDJambo
6 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Don’t forget the putting the boots back on fiasco, not once but twice, then ordering our subs off behind the goals the letting Celtic’s subs stop to gather daisies on the way off! The whole set up stinks, corrupt to the core.

It got to the point of being laughable. Walsh couldn't have made it more obvious what he was doing.

I wonder how often Collum was in his ear during the game?

The Treasurer

It would probably cost us in fines and sanctions but we have to go full out attack and call out this latest corruption 

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Collum is sat in room at Hampden somewhere with a glass of Red and Custard tart making that decision to destroy a competitive game of Football.

Nothing to do with the abuse he gets from the stands.

Read the post. Collum is there cause we can't get anyone better. We can't get anyone better cause of the abuse and the cheating. Ditto those who appoint him. 

Wee Mikey
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Indefensible decision that ruined the game. Absolute shocker. Never in a million years would a Celtic player have seen red in that situation.

Funnily enough, up until that point I honestly thought that the ref did well to allow play to flow. We had some right good challenges that on another day he may very well have 'blinked' for and spoiled things.

Rhetorical question:-

Why, oh why, does there always seem to be a controvesial game-changing decision in these encounters?

Down to 10 v them and it's no surprise the eventual outcome. We were clearly doing too well and had to be hobbled.

Ach, nae paranoia required, methinks. That was a golden opportunity to swing the match in their favour, and the officials delivered fine style.

You are Ray Gin ... and I'm Bealin'.

WorldChampions1902

Is it possible to appeal this VAR Red Card? Not that the GFA will rescind it, but at least we would get a hearing and make our point?

jamborich

Astounding that they get away with this is so blatantly wrong will you hear from column not a chance as for the fud ref should never ref again 

Lord Montpelier

On VAR. I'd prefer some ex pros in the room to give the decisions. 

Obvious the spanners that ref our game haven't a clue at best and have some other influences at worst. 

Only in Scotland though

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

TBH I think our referees deserve more abuse, much more. 

If it happens to cause us to need foreign referees then that would be such a shame. 

If you think the foreign refs are better, you're kidding yourself. 

Good article in the athletic today about the state of it in Greece, even worse than here 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Scottish fitbaw has been in the bin for decades, maybe there will be a day when technology does officiate the game and the days of referee's are made redundant 

Bull's-eye

Read the post. Collum is there cause we can't get anyone better. We can't get anyone better cause of the abuse and the cheating. Ditto those who appoint him. 

100% of people that watch football know that wasnt a Red card, including the ones that made the decision.

Abusing referees doesnt make them cheat.

2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Is it possible to appeal this VAR Red Card? Not that the GFA will rescind it, but at least we would get a hearing and make our point?

Yep, i believe any straight red card is appealable.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

100% of people that watch football know that wasnt a Red card, including the ones that made the decision.

Abusing referees doesnt make them cheat.

Jesus wept. No one is saying that it was a red card. 

Abusing officials means decent people won't do it. So you're left with incompetents and cheats. That's my point

I get you're pissed off, as everyone is, but you're not engaging here 

21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Agreed, accidental coming together.

Wee Mikey
13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Willie Collum. Elite-level nominative determinism. 

He's a 'column', for sure.

Willie's Column. 👇

Screenshot_20230507_180509_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

A Shoreditch Heart
16 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

games is ****ed. what a joke.

It's not even a yellow FFS!

DesertDawg
25 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

John,

I'm far from sure that it was even a foul.  It certainly wouldn't have been if Maeda hadn't thrown himself to the ground.  VAR can't get involved in that though it seems.

Wee Mikey
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

In think we’ve a good shout. Wouldn’tbe the first VAR red to be rescinded. Of course, they don’tcare - mission accomplished in terms of giving Celtic an edge in what had been a competitive match. 

It's always the same when decisions get overturned.

The game in question has been & gone.

Just now, jonesy said:

In think we’ve a good shout. Wouldn’tbe the first VAR red to be rescinded. Of course, they don’tcare - mission accomplished in terms of giving Celtic an edge in what had been a competitive match. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the embarrassment of 2 reds Collum was central to being rescinded is too much of an embarrassment to deal with.

I'm keen to see a big of East Coast solidarity and maybe not act now, but soon release a joint statement with Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee(s) asking questions of the very obvious Glasgow bias in refereeing promotions. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Wasn’t a red, probably not even a yellow. Spfl had to get Celtic a win today so they acted in accordance with their mandate. 

DesertDawg
14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It got to the point of being laughable. Walsh couldn't have made it more obvious what he was doing.

I wonder how often Collum was in his ear during the game?

He was certainly in his ear when O'Reilly deserved a second yellow for hacking down Devlin.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

John,

I'm far from sure that it was even a foul.  It certainly wouldn't have been if Maeda hadn't thrown himself to the ground.  VAR can't get involved in that though it seems.

I don't disagree with you.

It's a decision made by a cheat miles away from the stadium the match is being played in.

I will call it now. Sevco will beat Celtic next week. So that they don't go a whole season of not beating them.

Edited by John Findlay

40 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

One Celtic player in roughly the same spot as Cochrane was when sent off (second half) grabbed Shanklands jersey and when he lost grip he then hauled LS back by the arm........result ? - not even a talking to - Incredible how they make it so brazen 

6 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Wasn’t a red, probably not even a yellow. Spfl had to get Celtic a win today so they acted in accordance with their mandate. 

wasnt deliberate so no yellow never mind a red 🤷‍♀️

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It's a decision made by a cheat miles away from the stadium the match is being played in.

What it certainly wasn't was a "clear and obvious error". The referee should have never been called to review his decision. I'll be interested to see how the VAR-obsequious ref who does the "Vardict" on the Beeb explains this one away...

DesertDawg
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I was wondering a couple of years ago how those refs like Beaton and Collum would deal with VAR calls.  Should have figured out then that the SPFL would just put them on the VAR desk to overrule the ref on the park!

Though no red card - Cochrane was skinned yet again in the left back area - many goals when looking back over the past season, have come from that part of the pitch. Yes he  has improved - but needs to progress more

Rogue Daddy
28 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

If it's on here then it must be true.

🤷‍♂️ ….just one of many examples over the years. But if think there’s ‘nothing to see here’, crack on. From what I’m reading here, you’re on your own.