• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• RobboM

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Bairstow gone. What do you think of that Win Predictor?! 

It's a bit bizarre tbh!

Worrying for England now I think

Malinga the Swinga

Just ridiculous batting from England. Stokes massively out of form but as captain he will keep place. 

Tail is huge and Australian bowling attack far too savvy to let them hang around, especially as both ends vulnerable.

Saur it before Ashes started, Root is key to England as he is only world class batter. Let him play his game without this bazball shit and he will still score runs quickly. He's throwing his wicket away in name of entertainment.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just ridiculous batting from England. Stokes massively out of form but as captain he will keep place. 

Tail is huge and Australian bowling attack far too savvy to let them hang around, especially as both ends vulnerable.

Saur it before Ashes started, Root is key to England as he is only world class batter. Let him play his game without this bazball shit and he will still score runs quickly. He's throwing his wicket away in name of entertainment.

Not just Root a lot of players getting out to stupid shots when they are in.it’s more like dumbball

wonder how long it will last if they go 0-2 which is looking likely

i am sure the Aussies are loving it 

19 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There must be an element of feeling excessive pressure to stick to the programme - to go for shots even though common sense asks for a different approach, just because it’s what you’re expected to do.

Wonder if Bazball will come to be seen as an isolated moment in time, which disappears eventually rather than spreading - and nobody quite sure if it made sense.

It does seem overly aggressive at times for the sake of it. 

Its definitely exciting don't get me wrong but it makes me think of those football managers that shudder to pick a more pragmatic approach when it's needed in favour of suicidal attack. 

I meant to send this yesterday evening and it feels even more relevant now. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
27 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

It does seem overly aggressive at times for the sake of it. 

Its definitely exciting don't get me wrong but it makes me think of those football managers that shudder to pick a more pragmatic approach when it's needed in favour of suicidal attack. 

I meant to send this yesterday evening and it feels even more relevant now. 

Long way to go still. 

300 lead will do for the Aussies. The folk on the radio are going mental with England. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

300 lead will do for the Aussies. The folk on the radio are going mental with England. 

As in ripping them to shreds?

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As in ripping them to shreds?

Yip. H and J, and some others on different channels,  all sick of Bazball. They are right to a point,  yes it's better to watch, but you need to play what's in front of you. Don't go for short balls and let the bowling attack tire, seems good advice.  Going for every is mental,  good to watch , but mental. 

By the way, I heard Mccullum hates bazball. Someone in the know said it yesterday.  So I take it, it's Stokes way or the highway.

Said to my English colleagues prior to the first test

England will only win one test… and that will be a dead rubber 

🙂

Why do they keep Lords as a venue, if no-one likes it. Snobs and killjoys by the sound if it. Tell them to bolt.

Edited by ri Alban

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why do they keep Lords as a venue, if no-one likes it. Snobs and killjoys by the sound if it. Tell them to bolt.

Low on atmosphere, for sure 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No shouting or musical instruments allowed. Boring!

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I'd love to go to one of the northern(England)grounds. Even just for a first class game.

Edited by ri Alban

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd love to go to one of the northern(England)grounds. Even just for a first class game.

Headingley is great, especially the West Stand. Very partisan and very England but so it should be 

periodictabledancer
36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Headingley is great, especially the West Stand. Very partisan and very England but so it should be 

Yeah, partisan is one word for it. IIRC they've only recently been re-installed as a test venue due to the shocking racism previously. 

periodictabledancer
41 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Old Trafford is outstandingly good - really modern. Only been for a county game with a mate who's a member.

I got a freet ticket for the last day of the NZ test series at Trent Bridge last year. Fantastic experience.

Do it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Yeah, partisan is one word for it. IIRC they've only recently been re-installed as a test venue due to the shocking racism previously. 

tbf, it’s YCCC that’s been done over for racism, not the crowd itself 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's a great ground to watch cricket when the home team, or team with massive support, are doing well.

Saw Viv Richards score a century there years ago and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Atmosphere today, and last couple of days, was a bit flat because England were dreadful and it's all come as a shock to their supporters who were expecting England to dominate and walk over Australia.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

So ready to go. 3 wins should do it for Scotland.

20230630_160914.jpg

20230630_152353.jpg

Hopefully we can get win and give us something to play for. 

Sri Lanka strongest team there due primarily to their bowling attack which is just the best there.

Windies can definitely be got at if Scotland take their chances.

If we bat first, need over 280 and we can chase anything under 320.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
41 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

It's a great ground to watch cricket when the home team, or team with massive support, are doing well.

Saw Viv Richards score a century there years ago and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Atmosphere today, and last couple of days, was a bit flat because England were dreadful and it's all come as a shock to their supporters who were expecting England to dominate and walk over Australia.

Viv Richards was class.

I was lucky to see Lara in the flesh. He was the best of the best IMO, sensational 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Viv Richards was class.

I was lucky to see Lara in the flesh. He was the best of the best IMO, sensational 

T20 might be new format and introducing new strokes like the ramp, but you won't convince me that Lara, Richards, Greenidge, Lloyd, Botham, Khan, Marsh, Rice, Kluesner and loads of others wouldn't have been stars today 

Similarly Garner, Roberts, Holding, Wasim, Waqar and the rest would have coped and adapted to new format.

Very hard to pick my favourites but I'll go Richards and bid Joel.

ToadKiller Dog

Richards would destroy 20/20 bowlers .

58 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

T20 might be new format and introducing new strokes like the ramp, but you won't convince me that Lara, Richards, Greenidge, Lloyd, Botham, Khan, Marsh, Rice, Kluesner and loads of others wouldn't have been stars today 

Similarly Garner, Roberts, Holding, Wasim, Waqar and the rest would have coped and adapted to new format.

Very hard to pick my favourites but I'll go Richards and bid Joel.

The likes of Viv Richards would definitely destroy bowlers in the 20/20 game he faced fast bowlers likes of Lillie and jeff Thompson  didnt even  wear a helmet . Some great clips of battles online .

Of course the modern 1 bouncer an over in one day matches  rule didn't exist then either .

The bouncer was a fearsome weapon in those days .

Richards is one of my sporting hero's .Best attacking batsman of any generation .

Sadly my batting was more like Geoff boycott ,slow and steady difficult to remove .

Malinga the Swinga

At least Scotland going for it and bowling McMullan consistently. 

No point in saving his overs

46-1 since I started watching. Kinda feel I should switch off and let Scotland get on with it :lol: 

Malinga the Swinga

Pooran goes and what a catch! 5 goes to grab it but he held on and that's all that matters.

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Pooran goes and what a catch! 5 goes to grab it but he held on and that's all that matters.

nice bit of juggling 🤣

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Still in okay nick but need to make sure they don’t let the windies pile it on now 

Aye a wicket would be good right about now to break this partnership.