Naismith, Forrest and McAvoy to end of the season ( updated/merged )

Thomaso

On 01/04/2023 at 12:31, jambopilms said:

Folk have lost it suggesting Niasmith. Total imposter and would be yet another jobs for the boys appointment, why not get Berra and Snodgrass to help him out while we are at it.

Doesn't deserve the respect he gets on here and the squad certainly wouldn't respect him.

Why dont you apply then Oh wise one.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Fozzyonthefence

• Thomaso

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

People are at risk of getting a bit carried away with the Naismith stuff.

Robbie constantly spoke of wanting the team  to play attacking football. Cathro said he would get us playing a brand of football that would have fans running down the street to get into Tynecastle 😂.

Naismith has said exactly what any person would and should say in the current circumstances. 

Personally would rather wait to see what happens on the pitch before getting excited.

I hear you, but Robbie (or Cathro) never played like that as a player.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

On the back of that alone I'd give him a rolling 4 year deal!

Steady now. Yes it's exciting to see what he does on Saturday but let's just keep the heid. He needs 3rd to have any chance of getting the gig longer term. That means winning some games and quickly! 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Naismith has said exactly what any person would and should say in the current circumstances. 

Personally would rather wait to see what happens on the pitch before getting excited.

Spoke well but exactly, we've had too much talk recently. Get 3pts on Saturday and we can start moving forward positively. 

The players looked happy and quite sharp in the session on that video which is encouraging. Also nice to see a youngster or two involved.

Naismith says the right things certainly and I thought he had a bit of a dig about trying to see out games rather than attacking. 

Good to hear and he sounds excited, let's hope it shows on the pitch.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I hear you, but Robbie (or Cathro) never played like that as a player.

True but many exciting attacking players have made really shit managers 

"What will the fans get?

“A team that wants to win. A team that when the first whistle goes, irrespective of the circumstances, the opponent, home, away, rain, sun, no matter what. When the first whistle goes we will expect to win.

“And we will work to find a way in which we believe that we can win.

“We’re going to want to use the ball, we’re going to want to be incredibly energetic, we’ll want to attack and score goals. We want to be aggressive and be as close to the opponent’s goal as we possibly can.

“We’ll make it an exciting place to come. Will it always be perfect? No it won’t.

“But everybody will be at maximum all the time. It could be an enjoyable ride.”

Very encouraging.

Trying to work out who number 49 and 53 are in the video. Also this guy. Only noticed the 3 young faces.

The yellow team seemed more consistently the “starters” in those clips. Atkinson, Oda and Kuol all noticeable additions. 

image.thumb.png.22569d5ffc87fb51a8be398f2d0344d4.png

Bungalow Bill

Naismith’s comment about wanting to attack and not hold onto 1-0 leads or draws could be telling. I do wish against the non-OF teams we attack and don’t stop attacking. I hate sitting back in cruise mode. 

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The players looked happy and quite sharp in the session on that video which is encouraging. Also nice to see a youngster or two involved.

Naismith says the right things certainly and I thought he had a bit of a dig about trying to see out games rather than attacking. 

Good to hear and he sounds excited, let's hope it shows on the pitch.

Yep including Michael Smith who has been extremely unhappy over the last 6 weeks.

1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Naismith’s comment about wanting to attack and not hold onto 1-0 leads or draws could be telling. I do wish against the non-OF teams we attack and don’t stop attacking. I hate sitting back in cruise mode. 

It's what the OF have done for years, been absolutely ruthless and relentless at tucking most sides away when in front. I know they are on a different level, however I do often find it frustrating when we are sitting holding on to narrow leads against the so called lesser sides when we should be stepping on their throats and tucking them away. We have the personnel capable to turning the screw especially at home. 

Bungalow Bill
8 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Trying to work out who number 49 and 53 are in the video. Also this guy. Only noticed the 3 young faces.

The yellow team seemed more consistently the “starters” in those clips. Atkinson, Oda and Kuol all noticeable additions. 

Not so sure about that. Shanks is wearing an orange bib near the end. 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

On the back of that alone I'd give him a rolling 4 year deal!

What could possibly go wrong.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yep including Michael Smith who has been extremely unhappy over the last 6 weeks.

What's been bothering Smithy?

1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Not so sure about that. Shanks is wearing an orange bib near the end. 

Ahh, I missed that. It might be entirely mixed then. 

7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What could possibly go wrong.

We done that with Malaury Martin and that worked out well, sold him for £22M and paid for the new stand.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We done that with Malaury Martin and that worked out well, sold him for £22M and paid for the new stand.

:lol:

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Luke Rathie I think. 

Maniac training in trackie bottoms in this heat. 

augusthearts
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Steven Naismith's first interview just issued is a thing of beauty, what he has said is all I've wanted to hear from our Manager for years.

Thank you Steven, thank you.

Yes can only agree. Interviewed extremely well. Very calm but with a real sense of purpose. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
53 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

"What will the fans get?

“A team that wants to win. A team that when the first whistle goes, irrespective of the circumstances, the opponent, home, away, rain, sun, no matter what. When the first whistle goes we will expect to win.

“We’re going to want to use the ball, we’re going to want to be incredibly energetic, we’ll want to attack and score goals. We want to be aggressive and be as close to the opponent’s goal as we possibly can.

“We’ll make it an exciting place to come. Will it always be perfect? No it won’t.

Very encouraging.

Who/where is that from?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Who/where is that from?

Naismith’s interview. On website and all the socials. 

Watched the video, feel very positive. Hope all goes well for us now, Naismith really really seems to get it. Genuinely seems like he's going to be a very good manager. I'll let the performances make my mind up but it's looking good so far.

pettigrewsstylist
38 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Luke Rathie I think. 

Maniac training in trackie bottoms in this heat. 

Hibs tattoos, must be.

Chillidigits
On 11/04/2023 at 13:10, jonesy said:

I wonder if the expectation is that, as a former right-back himself, Neilson may have been able to coach Atkinson effectively, rather than discard him. Although we don't know what happens behind the scenes with attitude in training  etc.

Always thought Atkinson could be a decent midfielder.

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

"What will the fans get?

Very encouraging.

Can I ask where you got this mate? It’s not on the article I read on the Hearts site, and it’s not mentioned in the video they put up either 👍🏼

kingantti1874

Like that interview.  As I’ve said naisy is a clever cookie and knows the game. He will also get instant respect. 

Just watched it. Its a good interview and you can see he wants to play attacking football. Let's hope this translates on the pitch. At least he's not as depressing to listen to as Robbie was.

Really enjoyed that, found his enthusiasm quite infectious. Hopefully it transmits to the players and performances. Really looking forward to Saturday now.

19 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

I hope he's not going to change us too much, That might upset the Thank you Robbie brigade.

Don’t look back in anger (some might say) 😬👍

I'm not the biggest Naismith fan (I can't explain it, I just can't take to him). However, if he secures 3rd place I would be happy if we offered him a one year contract as manager. One year because it's clear from the CE that any manager needs to secure 3rd place to remain in post.

6 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Don’t look back in anger (some might say) 😬👍

Hopefully Boab is half the world away now.

1 minute ago, Flimsy said:

I'm not the biggest Naismith fan (I can't explain it, I just can't take to him). However, if he secures 3rd place I would be happy if we offered him a one year contract as manager. One year because it's clear from the CE that any manager needs to secure 3rd place to remain in post.

He said he doesn't like you anyway.

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Hopefully Boab is half the world away now.

Some might say that would be for the best.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Came over really well in that video. 

Yeah. Couldn't stand him as a player but I think he speaks very well as a manager.

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Came over really well in that video. 

I thought that too. Think he's a pretty genuine guy.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Can I ask where you got this mate? It’s not on the article I read on the Hearts site, and it’s not mentioned in the video they put up either 👍🏼

It reminds me of what Cathro said when he got the job... 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

9 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Good to see someone view it in the right context and not just throw an "I can't believe it, they were 4th" soundbite out. 

Luckies1874
27 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

It's clear that was the requirement THIS year because of the enormous financial benefits in doing so. As he said 3rd or 4th in many previous years hasn't perhaps been that much of a big deal. It very much is now given the 6 milly up for grabs!

Pete Elliott
1 hour ago, Herbert. said:

I hope he's not going to change us too much, That might upset the Thank you Robbie brigade.

We’ve sacked him mate. You can also tell him to stop squatting in your head now 👍🏻