Suitable managers

Sertse

9 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I don't believe a word the EEN says on the matter and it's not for board members to have/express opinions when the club haven't even interviewed a single candidate yet. 

Maybe they have? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

Thunder and Lightning

Rumor has it that her brother (the builder) has a secret place on the board and is making all these decisions. 

It was overheard in the cav one night. 😂 

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Though you know they are the same ones that have a history of wrong decisions?

No they have a history of blind trust and showing loyalty too people,who are truly only out too help themselves.

They have learned that mistake twice,

Certain people influenced her decision making that is obvious and clear,but for the most part she has been good.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No they have a history of blind trust and showing loyalty too people,who are truly only out too help themselves.

They have learned that mistake twice,

Certain people influenced her decision making that is obvious and clear,but for the most part she has been good.

That all sounds a bit personal. 

jock _turd
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Still her at the top, dawg.

Still her at the top.

Telt ye earlier on the record has a deep scratch, bin it!

Bongo 1874
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You spelt made up wrong. 😑

Just like I made up certain player's didn't like Neilson 🤔🫢.

Finlay James

If folk on here are going to speculate about board decisions and the influence that our chair has, they really need to start posts with ‘in my opinion’.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Shan-bles Budge has the club operating in her own image. Always has, always will.

Can some one let the sound poster DTD know I8s chored his log in?

Naisys Tackle
50 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Rumor has it that her brother (the builder) has a secret place on the board and is making all these decisions. 

It was overheard in the cav one night. 😂 

Hes probably living in Barbados off all the money hes made from the club tbh. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

If folk on here are going to speculate about board decisions and the influence that our chair has, they really need to start posts with ‘in my opinion’.

In your opinion. :10900:

Bongo 1874
21 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Not really Finlay, not very hard too see both Levein and Robbie had an emotional pull on Ann.

Hence why were they allowed to get away with **** up after **** up?

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

Lets face it no-one this century has done that much and a lot have done nothing.

I'm all for Naisy!

Courtesy of Wikipedia;

18 managers (Robbie twice) in 23 years is Watfordesque.

Granted Mad Vlad had a lot to do with many of them.

But that’s way to many managers.

ScottieMac17
3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Robbie and Lee are pally. Neither like Naisy. And Naisy doesn't give a %£#@

Do you really think Neilson would have played Naismith when he returned to fitness or offered him a coaching gig if he hated him? 

Lee Johnson can dislike someone without his pal Robbie having to disliking them too.

It's just folk clutching at straws looking for more reasons to dislike someone who has left us 🙄

Edited by ScottieMac17

6 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Do you really think Neilson would have player Naismith when he returned to fitness or offered him a coaching gig it he hated him? 

Lee Johnson can dislike someone without his pal Robbie having to disliking them too.

It's just folk clutching at straws looking for more reasons to dislike someone who has left us 🙄

Spot on.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

Of course it's their opinion, who's opinion do you suppose they are posting ffs? 😂 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Mckinley indicated that all board decisions are unanimous.

Sp some that disagree initially have to eventually agree.

Volume of numbers initially may be part but not all of the answer.

Polonia Gorgie

It's not going to be Naismith. We've been getting told that we want to close the gap and get to the next level. I think McKinley wants to make a statement with this appointment. If it is Naismith I won't be impressed nor will I be disappointed but that's not really making a statement. 

Edited by Polonia Gorgie

ScottieMac17
2 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

It's not going to be Naismith. We've been getting told that we want to close the gap and get to the next level. I think McKinley wants to make a statement with this appointment. If it is Naismith I won't be impressed nor will I be disappointed but that's not really making a statement. 

Completely agree with that tbh.

Naismith would not be an exciting appointment but it wouldn't be disappointing one either.

Finlay James
25 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Of course it's their opinion, who's opinion do you suppose they are posting ffs? 😂 

Except, one or two posters are posting their feelings about Budge and the board as fact, rather than as their opinions.  

Gundermann

After the unslightly rammy at the end of the derby, I feel we need someone chilled to take over. Someone who won't be riled by some ill-dressed manchild of a Hibs manager.

What's Neil Lennon doing these days?

If Naismith wasn't already at Hearts I would bet a lot of money the folk who aren't excited would be wetting themselves with the potential of him.

Same with Ginnelly, the amount of folk not fussed about him staying - if we signed someone this summer with his stats and performances in last 12 months we would be falling over ourselves.

Polonia Gorgie

Polish guy Marek Papszun is leaving his club at the end of the season, but after the success he's had it could be to a massive club though

Nerja Jambo
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

If Naismith wasn't already at Hearts I would bet a lot of money the folk who aren't excited would be wetting themselves with the potential of him.

Same with Ginnelly, the amount of folk not fussed about him staying - if we signed someone this summer with his stats and performances in last 12 months we would be falling over ourselves.

If Naismith wasn't already at Hearts the vast majority would be saying NO. They would be saying he's only had 7 games. He's not the experienced coach we said we were going for. What has he actually done to get this job? Improved performances? Christ anyone could have done that. Talked well? Yes. That's about it. Can we get away from this project coach, the easy option, he'd just along the corridor and employ someone with experience, from outside Scotland who doesn't give 2 f**** about the OF. That's what we all wanted before the 7 games. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

18 managers (Robbie twice) in 23 years is Watfordesque.

Granted Mad Vlad had a lot to do with many of them.

But that’s way to many managers.

Yet a lot of folk said we cant sack Bob because we don’t want to be a club that goes through lots of managers 😆

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

If Naismith wasn't already at Hearts the vast majority would be saying NO. They would be saying he's only had 7 games. He's not the experienced coach we said we were going for. What has he actually done to get this job? Improved performances? Christ anyone could have done that. Talked well? Yes. That's about it. Can we get away from this project coach, the easy option, he'd just along the corridor and employ someone with experience, from outside Scotland who doesn't give 2 f**** about the OF. That's what we all wanted before the 7 games. 

All true but lets not kid on that SN gives 2 ****s about the uglies. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I'm not so sure about that, if he was an unknown then fair enough, but he has a very strong reputation, not to mention being part of the national set up.

15 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

The only experienced managers who would come to Scottish football are the ones like Lee Johnson, Gary Bowyer etc. 30 percent win rate and no one down south will touch them with a barge pole.

We've got a good team here, remove the injuries, add a couple of players and you have a team who are capable of winning 75 percent of the games they play.

Don't think we need anything radical right now, like a Stendel type appointment.

Bongo 1874
11 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

The only experienced managers who would come to Scottish football are the ones like Lee Johnson, Gary Bowyer etc. 30 percent win rate and no one down south will touch them with a barge pole.

We've got a good team here, remove the injuries, add a couple of players and you have a team who are capable of winning 75 percent of the games they play.

Don't think we need anything radical right now, like a Stendel type appointment.

100% he's the appointment we need with Naismith as assistant, and the likes of Mowatt and Woodrow coming to us 😉.

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yet a lot of folk said we cant sack Bob because we don’t want to be a club that goes through lots of managers 😆

😄

They did, indeed.

"Who would you replace him with if he were sacked" was also a favourite of those devoted to RN, and before him, Levein, staying in position.

If you can't name a replacement, Pas, you can't have change.

It's the law.

Hearts1975
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All true but lets not kid on that SN gives 2 ****s about the uglies. 

Spot on 👍

Hearts1975
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Spot on 👍

About the uglies I mean. The rest of NJ post was nonsensical. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, martoon said:

😄

They did, indeed.

"Who would you replace him with if he were sacked" was also a favourite of those devoted to RN, and before him, Levein, staying in position.

If you can't name a replacement, Pas, you can't have change.

It's the law.

😆👍🏽

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

About the uglies I mean. The rest of NJ post was nonsensical. 

Got what you meant 👍🏽

Hearts1975
3 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

Mckinlay said he wants a winner, a manager who plays an exciting brand of football and who wins games. 

I dont think he is looking to make any further statement with the appointment, other than employing who he thinks will fit that criteria.

I dont think management experience or a big so called name is high on the agenda 

Polonia Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Mckinlay said he wants a winner, a manager who plays an exciting brand of football and who wins games. 

I dont think he is looking to make any further statement with the appointment, other than employing who he thinks will fit that criteria.

I dont think management experience or a big so called name is high on the agenda 

I'm not about to start Naismith bashing cause if he get the job I'll be fully behind him and quite intrigued to see how he goes about business. He might have a winning mentally but he hasn't won anything yet. I really don't think McKinley's first appointment is going to be a novice manager. That's my opinion. Let's be honest Naismith doesn't fit the criteria other than he's popular with the fans.

Naisys Tackle
4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Spot on.

It's not spot on and you I thought would know better mate.

Neilson doesn't like the way Naismith has conducted himself since he's left the club.   That's an absolute fact.    

I don't really give a **** and like Naismith a lot more regardless but that's the truth of the matter.  Wee Brents Robbies pal and that's where it's all stemming for.

For the avoidance of doubt too - give me Steven Naismith over Robbie or Levein any day of the week.

FTH. 

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I'm not about to start Naismith bashing cause if he get the job I'll be fully behind him and quite intrigued to see how he goes about business. He might have a winning mentally but he hasn't won anything yet. I really don't think McKinley's first appointment is going to be a novice manager. That's my opinion. Let's be honest Naismith doesn't fit the criteria other than he's popular with the fans.

Wasnt suggesting that you were bashing him. Sorry if it came across that way. 

Mckinlay said what he wanted when he did the presser and what I had posted around the criteria.

Naisy might be popular with the fans but his mentality, and most probably the way we are now playing compared to laterally with Robbie, will have been noted by Mckinlay 

Other than having a tried and tested manager at the helm, Naisy ticks all the boxes. 

Casing point ... Craig Levein and Robbie were tried and tested managers, both with experience, and look how that turned out

Im not bashing both of them either, but simply making an observation to those that have this pre-requisite of an "experienced" manager, and that it therefore should preclude Naismith from getting the job.

Experience isnt the b all and end all its made out to be at times and Mckinlay will know this. 

CostaJambo
19 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Agree entirely about the B team. We need as much coaching talent as we can afford at every level. As I mentioned above I think Gordon Forrest would be an excellent choice and it should be regarded as a promotion to a vital role in the future of the club, not just finding him any old job.

The first team assistants will be part of the management team. Absolutely vital to get and pay for the right quality of coach. I'm sure Naismith will want only those he deems he can trust and who buy into his plans. Interesting times.

Would be brilliant to start bringing a few of the young lads through. It is quite incredible the number of them over the past few years who have had a fair amount of first team exposure then vanished spectacularly never to reappear. Just a hunch but I reckon it's as much to do with not getting them right mentally as with their technical ability which can hopefully be addressed.

CostaJambo
15 hours ago, Naisys Tackle said:

I'm telling you as fact that's why Johnson doesn't like Naismith.  

If wee Lee cares so much about what the current manager of his biggest rivals may think about the previous manager of his biggest rivals that he starts a huge ruckus about it directly after a match when his team has failed to secure European football against those biggest rivals despite them playing 2/3 of the game with 10 men then he shouldn't be managing at anywhere near the level of the SPL, laughable as it is. So you crack on Lee, long may you stay at Fester Road for many a year!

Hearts1975
33 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

If wee Lee cares so much about what the current manager of his biggest rivals may think about the previous manager of his biggest rivals that he starts a huge ruckus about it directly after a match when his team has failed to secure European football against those biggest rivals despite them playing 2/3 of the game with 10 men then he shouldn't be managing at anywhere near the level of the SPL, laughable as it is. So you crack on Lee, long may you stay at Fester Road for many a year!

Naisy got underneath wee Lee, he lost his composure big time and the invariable line about how Naisy disrespected robbie neilson was trotted out as part of the overall deflection. 

Wee man syndrome at its finest 

jambo mark
23 hours ago, stuart500 said:

If Naismith gets it I wonder who he'll want as his assistants? It would be good to have Frank McAvoy back to the academy and possibly Gordon Forrest manager of the B team. These three are already on the same page as SN in terms of how we want to play so let's get the kids coming throug knowing what's required of them.

I'd imagine Naismith will have sounded out a few potentials he would like if he gets the job.

I was thinking about this.

I think he needs two coach’s. One whos forward thinking and will players how we want to play when we have got the ball.

The second coach, I’d love to be an ex no nonsense centre half to drill the back four. “We don’t concede goals, we don’t lose headers, we don’t let the ball bounce, we don’t concede from set pieces etc …”. I’ll put my suit if armour on - but a Steven Presley type player to fulfill that role.

The Treasurer

If, and it's still if, the board don't give it to Naismith, it would suggest that they have someone lined up.

It would be a bit stupid to tell him he wasn't getting the job and still be in the process of trying to find a suitable candidate.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Do you really think Neilson would have played Naismith when he returned to fitness or offered him a coaching gig if he hated him? 

It's unreal.

Funny tho.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If, and it's still if, the board don't give it to Naismith, it would suggest that they have someone lined up.

It would be a bit stupid to tell him he wasn't getting the job and still be in the process of trying to find a suitable candidate.

If it isn’t announced today/tomorrow at the latest you’d have to assume someone else is in the mix.