• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• jr ewing

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Scans tomorrow. 

If the scans reveal the worst .anyone know if your allowed an emergency loan of a keeper ?

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Why, has Craig never made any errors?

Yes, about 3 that I can think of since he came back. Not bad going in 2.5 years. 

There were a lot of noises being made after Clark had about 3 games that he was just as good or an ever better option than Gordon. Which was as ridiculous then as it is now.

What do you think? 

Ronald Villiers
7 hours ago, Forrest said:

His last game for us was pretty decent, tbf (Celtic away just before Zurich?). 

Fingers crossed then mate.

ArcticJambo
4 hours ago, 19/5HMFC12 said:

It's been clear to see since his first game that he is not comfortable coming for crosses. The number of times he's come for a cross or corner and flapped at it, it was only a matter of time until he cost us a goal. His kicking is also poor and it's maybe why we end up passing it out from the back all the time. The one good part to his game is shot stopping but then who knows what he was doing at the first goal. He's nowhere near Gordon's level, but tbf no one is.  

The first goal (pen eventually) came from a shot that knuckleballed and took a wee nick off a defender. He'd be disapointed he still didn't deal with it but on moving shots like that, right down your gullet I'd say spills happen, and regularly. He tried to make amends and got done ever so slightly by a cunning forward.  All round a bit unlucky I'd say. Second one was a quality cross, he should have left.

Overall, I'd place him in the top third of all our regulars in terms of performances for Hearts. I can also think of another keeper that would probably admit that coming for crosses has never been his strong point. Lets hope he;s back for Sat.

7 hours ago, Rockwell said:

If the scans reveal the worst .anyone know if your allowed an emergency loan of a keeper ?

Well we all know our luck with scans! 😳

18 hours ago, Rockwell said:

I think the rule for a loan is only having 1 keeper available over the age of 21, so wouldn’t that be Stewart and Stone? McFarlane would be too young to be counted. Emergency loans are only 1 week at a time anyway iirc, might be wrong though.

18 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

The first goal (pen eventually) came from a shot that knuckleballed and took a wee nick off a defender. He'd be disapointed he still didn't deal with it but on moving shots like that, right down your gullet I'd say spills happen, and regularly. He tried to make amends and got done ever so slightly by a cunning forward.  All round a bit unlucky I'd say. Second one was a quality cross, he should have left.

Overall, I'd place him in the top third of all our regulars in terms of performances for Hearts. I can also think of another keeper that would probably admit that coming for crosses has never been his strong point. Lets hope he;s back for Sat.

Not coming for crosses he should never be coming for out of sheer panic because tge defence isn't playing well is a CG strong point.

Dennis Reynolds

Have heard he's out for the season. Still hoping it's made up but seeing Barry Anderson's story with Ross Stewart seems like it's likely. Get a bit of good PR out.

Edited by Dennis Reynolds

A_A wehatethehibs

Joel Pereira single-poppadom-handedly got both Levein and Stendel sacked which shows you what happens. Robbie’s Hearts managerial career is depending on cheesy 😱

HeartsandonlyHearts
59 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why the feck did we neglect a back up in January?

Who?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Who?

A suitable goalkeeper as back up to Zander should something happen to him?

Naisys Tackle
Just now, 1953 said:

If Zander is out for a while will we be allowed to bring in a short term loan keeper ( no idea from the where though).

Or an out of contract guy like the sheep have.

15 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Cheesy for the rest of the season would be a nightmare. 

I think I'm right in saying he has a 100% loss record at Hearts. Season over.

39 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Cheesy for the rest of the season would be a nightmare. 

The fact he hasn't played a competitive game for so long either. He doesn't have time to bed himself in. Needs to be 100% at it right away with no room for error. I don't have any confidence in him as I think he's murder but he needs to do the business 🙏 No other choice

Clark Griswold

To be fair to Cheesy, I recall he was drafted in last season at Celtic Park and had a stormer of a game. He also looked OK when called upon on Sunday. It is a shame though if Zander is also out until the end of the season. Injuries this season will be blamed if we don't get third.

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

To be fair to Cheesy, I recall he was drafted in last season at Celtic Park and had a stormer of a game. He also looked OK when called upon on Sunday. It is a shame though if Zander is also out until the end of the season. Injuries this season will be blamed if we don't get third.

Will they? We ARE third and injuries are at the very back of mosts’ mind!

If you can bring someone in,  the lithuanian arlauskis is available.  Good experience at 35 years old and played champions league and won romanian title 7 times

17 minutes ago, savage said:

We will not finish 3rd with Stewart as our gk

I disagree, how many mistakes has he made this season?

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

Because he isn't very good. 

Got to give him a chance tho, how do you know he’s not very good?

StevenNaismith

Ross Stewart is only at Hearts cos we pay him peanuts. Lowest paid player in the first team squad by a distance. He’s a league 1 goalkeeper at best.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Ross Stewart is only at Hearts cos we pay him peanuts. Lowest paid player in the first team squad by a distance. He’s a league 1 goalkeeper at best.

You know that as a fact ? 

Clark Griswold
32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Will they? We ARE third and injuries are at the very back of mosts’ mind!

Probably, if we don't get third.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Or Robbie as manager. 

Hes literally finished 3rd every time hes been here and currently in 3rd 😂

7 minutes ago, Cisco1914 said:

Got to give him a chance tho, how do you know he’s not very good?

Because in the times he’s played, he’s largely been awful (aside from 1 match at CP) for this level.

And it’s not just the fact he’s not very good. Every time he has played, it’s had a knock on effect on the defence, who don’t look nearly as sure as they do if CG or ZC is between the sticks. 

If he is in goals the rest of the season, unless our MF and strikers are on fire and we can outscore teams (as we won’t keep any clean sheets), I am even less confident of finishing 3rd than I was at FT on Saturday  - and that’s saying something.

Didn’t want another Euro tour anyway.. 😭

10 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I'd have absolutely no reason to doubt or disbelief this. Looks like our season is going to hinge on a modest goalkeeper and a defence that's conceded a huge amount of goals already this season. 

54 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

If they're served up as the primary reason for failure to attain third place it'll be a new low for what the people running the club will tolerate.  

13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Hes literally finished 3rd every time hes been here and currently in 3rd 😂

Once, can't count leaving half way through a job I'm afraid so let's stop this nonsense. And we won't be third in a couple of weeks time with him here. You know it, I know it everyone knows it 😉 

15 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Once, can't count leaving half way through a job I'm afraid so let's stop this nonsense. And we won't be third in a couple of weeks time with him here. You know it, I know it everyone knows it 😉 

Twice. 

11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Think he’s led us to two 3rd place finishes in the PL, two Championship titles and aside from this season, he had us in 3rd too, half way through a season before leaving for MK dons.

In regards to this season, I am concerned our place in the table is imminently going to change although I hope I’m wrong.

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ross Stewart isn't the worst. Just means the defence need to step up their game.

He's pony mate. People have distorted memories after a decent showing at Parkhead. Prior to that he was woeful. Few games where his first touch was to pick the ball out of the net. 

Hearts shouldn't be carrying a first team squad member of that standard regardless of position. Looks like it's going to unravel now. 

Last season we conceded far too many shots on goal. We were spared by the excellence of CG. This season we've invited a huge number of crosses into our box which is asking for trouble given our lack of commanding presence at CH. 

There will be all sorts of excuses put forward at the end of this season when we most likely fail to achieve third place. Even as third choice we shouldn't be relying on Ross Stewart. He was second choice for long enough which is even worse. 

Bloody farce. 

Edited by Carter

RustyRightPeg
40 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Probably, if we don't get third.

I’d imagine some would be keen to point out the inadequacies and short falls of those on the touchline. 

In fact 86% or so of the poll in question would probably say so. 

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’d imagine some would be keen to point out the inadequacies and short falls of those on the touchline. 

In fact 86% or so of the poll in question would probably say so. 

Sorry should have been clearer. I am thinking Robbie and team prob will use injuries as an excuse for not finishing 3rd

1 hour ago, savage said:

We will not finish 3rd with Stewart as our gk

Perfect fall guy for Neilson. Couldn’t have come at a better time for him.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, kila said:

Chances of Gordon being back for the last few games I wonder…

He wont be back until next season at the very least. 

5 hours ago, Rods said:

Clark never played in today’s bounce game. I am just hoping he gets the all clear before ER.

Any idea who the bounce game was against?

Positive news possibly according to EEN…so all set up for an “out for the season” tweet tomorrow no doubt 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Sorry should have been clearer. I am thinking Robbie and team prob will use injuries as an excuse for not finishing 3rd

Ah I’ve got you. Fully agree. 

It’s never usually his fault so why would that change now.