• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

• jr ewing

**** knows. Sold the jerseys on both goals. Absolutely shocking. 

Needs to recover quickly though. Shrug it off and move on. 

RustyRightPeg

Who’s next for a thread? Threads, threads for everybody, even the chief exec. 

He had cycling shorts on and went down after kicking the ball, I’m not sure if he was fully fit even before the game. Was very poor and maybe I’m reading it wrong and giving him too much credit, but I think he may have been carrying an injury before kick off. And if that’s the case, then why was he playing?

Zander has been fantastic for us when he stepped in after Gordon was injured. He had an off day that cost us the game but let’s not crucify the guy!

Dennis Reynolds

One bad game. He's saved us plenty points this season. More concerned that we didn't take him off earlier. With our record of injuries and that honking pitch he should've been hooked after the first twinge.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

No wonder Steve Clarke wanted Angus Gunn. 
He’s rank imo. 

He has been anything but “rank” in every game he has played for us up to today ffs!

Craig Gordon is a top class goalkeeper 

im afraid Zander Clark is an above average replacement, not his fault, but he will never be near the level of CG.

we will notice that drop off in quality over the coming years.

Guy had soft ground boots on with the big metal studs. No wonder that pitch claimed his hammy.

An absolute 0/10 performance from him regardless of injury

Clark always had a clanger or two in him at St Johnstone. Been a decent signing for us though. 

Seems to be a hamstring injury.

Scott Leitch
8 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

A performance worthy of a drop IMO

Behave. Besides anything else you seen our 3rd choice. 

Pasquale for King

Had a hamstring injury so shouldve been taken off, poor for 1st but still haven’t seen any contact from any angle. 

13 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Craig Gordon is a top class goalkeeper 

im afraid Zander Clark is an above average replacement, not his fault, but he will never be near the level of CG.

we will notice that drop off in quality over the coming years.

Agree.

Quite a few on here was wanting Craig dropped as well before his injury.

Let's hope Zander continues to be a decent goalie for us.

23 minutes ago, SectionG said:

He had cycling shorts on and went down after kicking the ball, I’m not sure if he was fully fit even before the game. Was very poor and maybe I’m reading it wrong and giving him too much credit, but I think he may have been carrying an injury before kick off. And if that’s the case, then why was he playing?

Yep, when we scored he was straight over to the physio for some treatment so either picked it up early in the game or came back from Scotland with an injury. 

19 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Clark always had a clanger or two in him at St Johnstone. Been a decent signing for us though. 

Seems to be a hamstring injury.

Looked like groin to me 

One thing that seems to have been lost in all the seethe. Are we now stuck with Stewart in goals for the next few weeks? If so, we are in even more trouble than I thought.

19 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Guy had soft ground boots on with the big metal studs. No wonder that pitch claimed his hammy.

An absolute 0/10 performance from him regardless of injury

The killie pitch can take a stud. A lot of players wear those on that pitch. It’s actually really soft. Killie always go OTT with the rubber pellets too to make it sticky. 

In contrast to the Livi park which is brick hard and slippery as hell when wet. 

They should both be set on fire imo.

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, when we scored he was straight over to the physio for some treatment so either picked it up early in the game or came back from Scotland with an injury. 

Yes it was only when he was down injured and I seen the cycling shorts, I thought he may of had a strain before the start, as they’re usually a sign of a concern for hamstring or groin strains. Think he was hindered by it.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Not sure about that. Was it a real injury or what?

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another injury to blame bad luck on.

Another injury to blame a dangerous pitch on 

4 minutes ago, SectionG said:

Yes it was only when he was down injured and I seen the cycling shorts, I thought he may of had a strain before the start, as they’re usually a sign of a concern for hamstring or groin strains. Think he was hindered by it.

👍

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure about that. Was it a real injury or what?

Hmmm he’s totally misjudged the cross for me then holds his hammy.

I just want them all culled at the moment to be honest.

God isn't it funny how fickle some people are. A couple of months ago he was better than Craig Gordon. A week ago he should have been starting for Scotland. Now after a couple of mistakes he's utter pish and should be dropped. He was substituted at half time today injured. Chances are that injury lead to 2nd Kilmarnock goal. Let's see how long he's out for. Cut him some slack guys

Harry Potter
51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What was he doing at both goals ? Absolutely dreadful goalkeeping 

He was injured at the 2nd goal, should have been replaced before the incident.

1st goal was his mistake.

1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

God isn't it funny how fickle some people are. A couple of months ago he was better than Craig Gordon. A week ago he should have been starting for Scotland. Now after a couple of mistakes he's utter pish and should be dropped. He was substituted at half time today injured. Chances are that injury lead to 2nd Kilmarnock goal. Let's see how long he's out for. Cut him some slack guys

No slack for anyone on jkb. 

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

He was injured at the 2nd goal, should have been replaced before the incident.

1st goal was his mistake.

Sack the physio? 

Craig had bad days too.

Every keeper has a howler performance every now and then.

Rest of the time they're worth several points per season.

Just now, Cade said:

Craig had bad days too.

Every keeper has a howler performance every now and then.

Rest of the time they're worth several points per season.

This 100%

Naisys Tackle
47 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Behave. Besides anything else you seen our 3rd choice. 

Exactly.  Today was a one off out of all the games hes had.  The replacement is complete manure.

Lots of others should be dropped before.  

Cycling shorts were more likely to stop friction burns on his hips and thighs from the pitch.  

He made two horrible errors today but without him we wouldn't be to six right now

Keepers make mistakes and it normally costs a goal.  

It looks like it's his hammy. No one knows if that impacted his performance or not and considering the fact he has probably been our best player on and off (says it all) the last few weeks, benefit of the doubt is required here 

More worrying for us, is this potentially going to keep him out of the side ? If that's the case we have a bigger issue looming 

Dunno if it's true or not but just got a message saying he's out in a bar playing pool tonight.

If true the positive is his hammy isn't giving him to much jip ,the negative is he's obv not giving a **** about his performance today as he should be in a dark  room with a cover over his head after that showing , lol 

First game he’s cost us so I don’t think anyone should be to hard on him. Hopefully it’s a minor injury and he’s back in goal next weekend as we will see a huge drop in quality if we need to play Stewart for any prolonged period of time. 

Frank Sidebottom

Came over to the fans at the end and held his hands up (no pun intended) as if to say he knew he had been at fault. 

if he’s fit next week, he has to play. 

Ex member of the SaS

TBF to Zander he collided with one of our own players at the second, Kingsley I think.  After missing it, it was pure chance that the ball ended up in the net. One bad game when the rest are having a shit show is harsh to want him dropped.

He had a shocker, no doubt about it.

However, he’s been largely excellent since coming in to replace CG. So I’m not ready to chuck him under the bus just yet.

I’m sure he’ll bounce back. I just hope the injury isn’t too serious.

29 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

Came over to the fans at the end and held his hands up (no pun intended) as if to say he knew he had been at fault. 

if he’s fit next week, he has to play. 

He's been great for us and he's allowed a bad game

All keepers have a mare every now and again. The better keepers just have them less often.

First poor performance from him today and there is no doubt he cost us any chance of a win.

But if fit he should be picked again next week.

12 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Tell me you know nothing about goalkeeping without etc etc …..

The 10 in front of him should be having a word with themselves, utterly gutless bunch of individuals.