*** Aberdeen v Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread ***

Masonic

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

If what I saw in one exercise was the first 11 for tomorrow, there was 2 surprise omissions (but one maybe obvious as not present) and one unsurprising omission from last weeks side.  

Oooh tell us more 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Luckies1874

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He is that, but so are rugby players haha. 

Yeah I’m not long up 😴🤣

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ll get a row.  😁

I’m going for Halliday unsurprisingly dropping out, Toby and Grant surprisingly out. 

Luckies1874

Always concerning when people are getting the excuses in before the game rather than after it. :whistling:

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Like in the first hour at the Champions when we had them very worried? Total shambles that was :) If the players can stay fit we will get more out of them, its been a very long season already, they looked ok in the 2nd half against St Johnstone, Celtic are light years ahead of us, Parkhead was largely good, Tynecastle largely disappointing.

Back to the teams we should beat the next 6 weeks

Anyhow

Most experience available I imagine tomorrow and a bit of midfield protection

Clark

Hill Rowles Kingsley

Smith Kio Snodgrass Grant Cochrane

Shankland

Ginnelly

Like the setup of your side and the fact we actually have a midfield. Would be amazed if Sibbick doesn't start, was arguably our best outfield player last Saturday. 

Edited by Luckies1874

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is from the EEN's training photo gallery, someone with 'shop skills make this a smiley please?

image.thumb.png.0baa5c78055489069f6670b47101a49b.png

A tiny fiddle/violin could fit in that hand………..but outside of my skill set 

7 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Like the setup of your side and the fact we actually have a midfield. Would be amazed if Sibbick doesn't start, was arguably our best outfield player last Saturday. 

He was no better than anyone else on Saturday. Whole team was poor and don't think Sibbick did anything to show he's undroppable for tomorrow

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Yeah after his latest injury it's the first time I've had a niggling doubt that we should go for him. Really like him as a player but no good to us if he's gonna be out every few weeks. Plenty football still to be played though so see how he gets on but one more injury and I'm not sure it's worth risking the money on.

Some players are just constitutionely fragile, and never reach their full potential because they never get a run of games to put 100% form together. Over the years we have signed quite a few players who are like this and to be frank end up being terrible value for money when you factor in actual games played/form/expense..........sorry to say but from a business point of view  he should not be signed. 

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

great shout 👏

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

great shout 👏

Then save it in our emoji file for pant wetting time……...(did I say that right 🤷‍♂️)

1 minute ago, busbyfth said:

Some players are just constitutionely fragile, and never reach their full potential because they never get a run of games to put 100% form together. Over the years we have signed quite a few players who are like this and to be frank end up being terrible value for money when you factor in actual games played/form/expense..........sorry to say but from a business point of view  he should not be signed. 

Yeah, I'm not sure he was too bad with niggling injuries before us though. I know he had a really bad cheekbone and eye socket fracture at Southend which kept him out for a bit and it's a freak accident but other than that I don't think he's had much of an injury history. That's why I'd like to see how he fares between now and the end of the season.

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

He was no better than anyone else on Saturday. Whole team was poor and don't think Sibbick did anything to show he's undroppable for tomorrow

Disagree. Thought he, Kio and Ginnelly were clearly our best 3 players. Admittedly that wasn't saying much. 

Just now, Luckies1874 said:

Disagree. Thought he, Kio and Ginnelly were clearly our best 3 players. Admittedly that wasn't saying much. 

Yeah perhaps the smallest of margins better than others. Kio is growing on me btw, written off by many but I can see improvement in every game. Sometimes a bit careless but always wants the ball and reads the game quite well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Tend to agree, I always post the side I think it will be rather than the one I would pick, would take Kingsley out myself, lost his mojo just now

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Yeah, I'm not sure he was too bad with niggling injuries before us though. I know he had a really bad cheekbone and eye socket fracture at Southend which kept him out for a bit and it's a freak accident but other than that I don't think he's had much of an injury history. That's why I'd like to see how he fares between now and the end of the season.

Agreed kind of - as thats now three times hes been injured in 6 months (arguably 4)

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Chimp said:

Yeah after his latest injury it's the first time I've had a niggling doubt that we should go for him. Really like him as a player but no good to us if he's gonna be out every few weeks. Plenty football still to be played though so see how he gets on but one more injury and I'm not sure it's worth risking the money on.

But maybe that gets us a discount on him?

I just can't get past the thought that if we keep Gino, Humps, and Boyce, they get back to full health, and we don't otherwise lose Shanks and Yoda, we'll go into the summer window with the striker corps completely set and settled for the first time in my memory of following Hearts. We literally won't spend the summer going, "auch, but we still need another striker" the way we have since I first logged into JKB.

5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

If what I saw in one exercise was the first 11 for tomorrow, there was 2 surprise omissions (but one maybe obvious as not present) and one unsurprising omission from last weeks side.  

Halliday the unsurprising omission. Smith and McKay the surprising ones. 

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

LOL I like that. I can get a less cropped version of that pic but this was the easiest one to screenshot.

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m going for Halliday unsurprisingly dropping out, Toby and Grant surprisingly out. 

Close-ish. 

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Close-ish. 

Surely not reverting back to a midfield of Snodgrass and Devlin

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Halliday the unsurprising omission. Smith and McKay the surprising ones. 

One right.  

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Toby in Kingsley out?

Lol, about 50 posts down the line , between varying posters and much deciphering, will lead to the line up 😂

Both in.  

38 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Surely not reverting back to a midfield of Snodgrass and Devlin

Could be close. 

Getting fed up with these must win games. I am not certain it is a must win but I think it is a don't loose? Hoping for the best as usual a point would delight me to be honest. Like us they are good at home so I am concerned. Come on the Hearts !

Watt-Zeefuik
8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Getting fed up with these must win games. I am not certain it is a must win but I think it is a don't loose? Hoping for the best as usual a point would delight me to be honest. Like us they are good at home so I am concerned. Come on the Hearts !

Yes, a loss is bad news. A draw would be disappointing but not unexpected. A win and the "must win" games become a lot fewer.

Naisys Tackle
19 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Not the end of the world if we lose either tbh.

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Agreed.

A win is good, a draw is OK and a loss is shite.

Not a must win tho.

I think folk like creating a bit drama for some reason. 

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident" - Arthur Schopenhauer

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Lol, about 50 posts down the line , between varying posters and much deciphering, will lead to the line up 😂

Both in.  

Ok I think Ive worked it out now 😆

Diadora Van Basten

Clark

Smith Sibbock Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Kio

Ginnelly Snodgrass Grant

Shankland

Humphries for Grant after 65 mins

35 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed.

Not a must win tho.

Must win if we're looking for 3rd.

Luckies1874
1 hour ago, jock _turd said:

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed.

Not a must win tho.

Just had a read through the thread and don't see many saying it's a must win. Where are all these posts? In fact there are more people suggesting they expect us to lose never mind hoping we win. 

It's a must not lose game. A win would be a brilliant result but a draw is far from a disaster. 

I think I know who likes creating a bit of drama where it doesn't exist! 

Edited by Luckies1874

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Must win if we're looking for 3rd.

I think it's more of a must win if we want to practically wrap up 3rd by tomorrow night as long as Hibs don't fluke something tomorrow.

A loss brings in squeakier bum time and a draw is an as we were with one game less for others to catch us.

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think it's more of a must win if we want to practically wrap up 3rd by tomorrow night as long as Hibs don't fluke something tomorrow.

A loss brings in squeakier bum time and a draw is an as we were with one game less for others to catch us.

Exactly. A win tomorrow kills off Aberdeen and in all likelihood Hibs too given their fixture. So if RN and the squad want to make it easier on themselves then they should go all out and get it done with a big performance tomorrow. A draw will see us retain the substantial advantage we have given our home record with Tynecastle games to come. A loss won't change the fact we are favourites to finish 3rd but for sure it does give hope to the others and will make the trip to Easter Road far more important. Equally games post split against both them and Aberdeen. A loss raises the pressure on RN considerably.

Nice 5 point cushion and winnable home games coming up.

Free hit tomorrow, no pressure either way.

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Smith Kio Snodric Cochrane 

Shanks Grant 

Gino 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Smith Kio Snodric Cochrane 

Shanks Grant 

Gino 

you wont be far off but I’ll lose my mind if we go away from home, with 3 at the back.  Get outnumbered in midfield AGAIN.

surely to **** we can’t try this failed tactic away to them again.

aberdeen will be looking to make this a fight.  We better be ****ing up for it. 

id start with roughly the same side as Celtic away.  Win the fight.  Then bring on some game changers

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

surely to **** we can’t try this failed tactic away to them again.

I’ll be surprised if RN doesn’t use the same failed tactic again.

like many I’m fed up with the Kamikaze passing between the back three.

3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

But maybe that gets us a discount on him?

I just can't get past the thought that if we keep Gino, Humps, and Boyce, they get back to full health, and we don't otherwise lose Shanks and Yoda, we'll go into the summer window with the striker corps completely set and settled for the first time in my memory of following Hearts. We literally won't spend the summer going, "auch, but we still need another striker" the way we have since I first logged into JKB.

Yeah true. A very strong attack

maroonplatoon87
37 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

What an absolute slaver! A free hit? Its Aberdeen FFS no Fiorentina. Stinking negative attitude Neilson Esq

39 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not sure those going to Aberdeen will see it that way 🤔 

Just now, maroonplatoon87 said:

What an absolute slaver! A free hit? Its Aberdeen FFS no Fiorentina. Stinking negative attitude Neilson Esq

You think putting pressure on the team and manager that have got us into 3rd in the 1st place is the right way to support the team like ??

It's certainly not the arsehole fans that have got us there.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Not sure those going to Aberdeen will see it that way 🤔 

Why, the away support has been tremendous so far this season.

This "must win" pish is laughable.

We're 3rd, we didn't get put there, they players and manager earned it.

Let's get 3rd so we put pressure on ourselves, seriously, what sort of Shit is that.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

the last few pages have been populated with neilson fans getting their excuses in early

”free hit”.      :lol:

they’ve actually got less faith in him than some of us who think he’s doing ok but might not be the best we can get

good luck at the bernabeu de Aberdeen against the tactical nous of Barry robson (if he’s still in charge)

Dundee utd won at the nou camp so anything’s possible 😻

🙀🙉🙈🙊

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic