• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Luckies1874

At home in the league we've been fantastic this season (apart from vs the uglies) But It'd be nice to sort out our away form and start picking up more points on the road. We could be miles ahead of 4th.

A win tomorrow would be a massive 3 points 

16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not sure those going to Aberdeen will see it that way 🤔 

All the pressure is on the home side tomorrow.  If they don’t win they can kiss goodbye to any chance of third place. If they lose,  their top 6 place is in even more jeopardy. 

ArcticJambo
43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you wont be far off but I’ll lose my mind if we go away from home, with 3 at the back.  Get outnumbered in midfield AGAIN.

surely to **** we can’t try this failed tactic away to them again.

aberdeen will be looking to make this a fight.  We better be ****ing up for it. 

id start with roughly the same side as Celtic away.  Win the fight.  Then bring on some game changers

Aye, how bout we start with a solid formation then change it once we grow into the game, if he's so intent on dominating the ball with his 343 or 532.

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the last few pages have been populated with neilson fans getting their excuses in early

”free hit”.      :lol:

they’ve actually got less faith in him than some of us who think he’s doing ok but might not be the best we can get

good luck at the bernabeu de Aberdeen against the tactical nous of Barry robson (if he’s still in charge)

Dundee utd won at the nou camp so anything’s possible 😻

🙀🙉🙈🙊

The same Neilson and players that got us into 3rd in the 1st place.

How is that making excuses.

You'd think some of the posters on here got us into 3rd and therefore they demand to be kept there, unbelievable Buffoonery.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The same Neilson and players that got us into 3rd in the 1st place.

How is that making excuses.

You'd think some of the posters on here got us into 3rd and therefore they demand to be kept there, unbelievable Buffoonery.

I wasn’t talking about you mate other than the “free hit” thing which you wheel out every time we get humped or have a potentially difficult game (have another one :lol:)

the rest of the neilson warriors have been bigging-up Aberdeen and preparing for a loss

i think we’ll get at least a point - neilsons not the answer for me but I think he’s capable of getting at least a point at Aberdeen (ffs)

as I say appears I’ve got more confidence in him than some of the “lucky to have him” crew

Don't want to hear any excuses from Robbie and especially the players.

Go out and win your own individual battles. 

Work as if defeat is unacceptable and do the job your paid good money to do.

Time to front up away from home  to many times we curl up away from home and accept mediocrity.

Win tomorrow and 3rd is almost guaranteed,  that's the prize awaiting us, just go out and grab it with both hands.

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A ‘free hit’ is the mantra of a loser. 

I take it your an expert ?

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Time to front up away from home  to many times we curl up away from home and accept mediocrity.

Win tomorrow and 3rd is almost guaranteed,  that's the prize awaiting us, just go out and grab it with both hands.

Another one,

Who got us into 3rd in the 1st place.

The tooth fairy ?

Serious question.

Luckies1874
40 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

What an absolute slaver! A free hit? Its Aberdeen FFS no Fiorentina. Stinking negative attitude Neilson Esq

25 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

the last few pages have been populated with neilson fans getting their excuses in early

”free hit”.      :lol:

they’ve actually got less faith in him than some of us who think he’s doing ok but might not be the best we can get

good luck at the bernabeu de Aberdeen against the tactical nous of Barry robson (if he’s still in charge)

Dundee utd won at the nou camp so anything’s possible 😻

🙀🙉🙈🙊

11 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

A ‘free hit’ is the mantra of a loser. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Good posts. Excuses before the game now :vrface: 

Not sue about Bull's-eye but certainly Bull-shit

Edited by Luckies1874

1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Another one,

Who got us into 3rd in the 1st place.

The tooth fairy ?

Serious question.

I've absolutely no idea what your on about tbh.

My post was a rallying call to Robbie and especially the players to put in a performance away from home for a  change.

Nobody can argue our away form for a top 3  club is pretty appalling. 

Win this one and it will go a long way to correcting that in one swoop.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I take it your an expert ?

9 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I wasn’t talking about you mate other than the “free hit” thing which you wheel out every time we get humped or have a potentially difficult game (have another one :lol:)

:gok:

Scott Leitch
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

you wont be far off but I’ll lose my mind if we go away from home, with 3 at the back.  Get outnumbered in midfield AGAIN.

id start with roughly the same side as Celtic away.  Win the fight.  Then bring on some game changers

You're bang on with all this. 

GorgieFifeLife
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Robson has already said they need to keep an eye on Snodgrass. 

Shouldn’t be difficult given he moves in slow motion.  At this stage of his career he is quite easy to shut out of a game.

Strange that the experts dont realise that the well used phrase "free hit" is saying there's no pressure on us, we're 3rd on merit. The pressure is on the home team.

No excuses there, just fact.

Still struggling to understand why supporters would want to put pressure on the team and manager that has us 3rd on merit.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Outscored non-OF opponents 21-4 this year with a "failed tactic."

I ****ing love failing this way.

58 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All the pressure is on the home side tomorrow.  If they don’t win they can kiss goodbye to any chance of third place. If they lose,  their top 6 place is in even more jeopardy. 

And if they win?

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

And if they win?

JKB goes into fullpeltmentalmode for weeks.

Hope we win 😳

Luckies1874
8 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Think it was pretty clear he was talking about a failed tactic on the road, "away to them again". I believe we have been outscored 1-3 to non-OF opponents in the 3 league games played this year!  Difficult, even for you 🙃 , to argue our record up at Pittodrie is anything but shite! 

Anyone complaining about Tynecastle results against non-OF team this season is at it.

Edited by Luckies1874

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Strange that the experts dont realise that the well used phrase "free hit" is saying there's no pressure on us, we're 3rd on merit. The pressure is on the home team.

Still struggling to understand why supporters would want to put pressure on the team and manager that has us 3rd on merit.

To be honest I feel the pressure from knowing a win tomorrow and we are home and hosed . Its not a must win game but I am sure the team know just how important the game could be ... I don't get the idea of a free hit at all. I would be absolutely delighted with that precious win but if we came back with a point I would still be very happy.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Away from home?  How do you work that one out?

All roads lead to Gorgie

This is not the Goodwin Aberdeen and we need to be wary of that but we really should be coming home with the three points tucked away safely. Our away form doesn't fill me with confidence though and I can see this finishing one each if we put in a half hearted display. Come on Hearts we are better than them so go out and show it! 

18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Neilson talks every week about the expectation at Hearts is to win every week.  I would hope he is putting that pressure on the team, it's that pressure that has had them performing and taken us to 3rd.

You're right to point out we're third on merit.  But you're wrong to shoot down posters for putting pressure on the team to win.  We're a good side, the team wouldn't be sitting 3rd if it couldn't handle such pressure.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Rampant said:

Neilson talks every week about the expectation at Hearts is to win every week.  I would hope he is putting that pressure on the team, it's that pressure that has had them performing and taken us to 3rd.

You're right to point out we're third on merit.  But you're wrong to shoot down posters for putting pressure on the team to win.  We're a good side, the team wouldn't be sitting 3rd if it couldn't handle such pressure.

He’s a troll, wasting your time replying, best ignored. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Watt-Zeefuik
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Think it was pretty clear he was talking about a failed tactic on the road, "away to them again". I believe we have been outscored 1-3 to non-OF opponents in the 3 league games played this year!  Difficult, even for you 🙃 , to argue our record up at Pittodrie is anything but shite! 

Anyone complaining about Tynecastle results against non-OF team this season is at it.

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Away from home?  How do you work that one out?

Fine, we've outscored non-OF opponents 6-3 away from home this year using this "failed tactic." Does that make you both feel better?

Yes, if you limit it to exactly three away non-OF league games, it's 1-3 against us, but that's some fine cherry picking, isn't it?

As to our record at Pittodrie, we've played one game there this season, and played there only once last season where we got done by a red card, nothing to do with the formation. Yes, we haven't won there in a while, but we haven't been playing a back 3 for most of that stretch?

Edited by Led Tasso

9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To be honest I feel the pressure from knowing a win tomorrow and we are home and hosed . Its not a must win game but I am sure the team know just how important the game could be ... I don't get the idea of a free hit at all. I would be absolutely delighted with that precious win but if we came back with a point I would still be very happy.

Getting nervous before every game is pretty normal imo.

Just don't understand why supporters want to put pressure on the team thats 5 points clear.

Its the Sheep that should be feeling the burn, not us.

Id say they'll be hurting badly after the last game and Robbie and the boys will know this full well, doesn't mean we should be giving it the "must win" pish.

Because its not !!

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s a troll, wasting your time replying, best ignored. 

Says the troll.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Fine, we've outscored non-OF opponents 6-3 away from home this year using this "failed tactic." Does that make you both feel better?

Yes, if you limit it to exactly three away non-OF league games, it's 1-3 against us, but that's some fine cherry picking, isn't it?

I have genuinely no idea what you’re talking about.  You’re suggesting we’ve only conceded 3 goals away from home to non OF teams?  You realise we’re in March and we’ve played umpteen away games?

4 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Only shooting down the "must win" brigade.

Its like getting 3rd has becomed a poison chalice ffs.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I have genuinely no idea what you’re talking about.  You’re suggesting we’ve only conceded 3 goals away from home to non OF teams?  You realise we’re in March and we’ve played umpteen away games?

This year, as in 2023. Thereby limiting it to when we've gotten a number of players back from injury, gotten in some new signings, and generally stayed in the back 3 rather than switching with a back 4 because we barely had two CHs healthy. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

Luckies1874
17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

As to our record at Pittodrie, we've played one game there this season, and played there only once last season where we got done by a red card, nothing to do with the formation. Yes, we haven't won there in a while, but we haven't been playing a back 3 for most of that stretch?

Don’t need to feel better, feeling great! Life is good. Just another example, not a comment really aimed at you, of misrepresenting what was being said. So many people so touchy and defensive at any perceived slight! Against non-OF teams we’ve been brilliant at home, have won an exceptional points tally of 31 from 33. Away we’ve been largely crap both results and performances. I think these comments are fairly factual. There is reasonable concern from some, (not a view I actually agree with as I think we will win another 4 games at Tynie which will be enough) that our away form is so bad it could see us caught in 3rd. Tomorrow is a big game in respect to how close things may get or otherwise. At least over Aberdeen it could be easy street, or for some, panic stations!

No reason not to be able to voice both positives about our home form and the opposite about our away without trying to use one to justify the other. 

Edited by Luckies1874

On 16/03/2023 at 13:39, Pasquale for King said:

So why are we rarely up for them?

Does cross my mind, wish we would just get stuck in from start.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

This year, as in 2023. Thereby limiting it to when we've gotten a number of players back from injury, gotten in some new signings, and generally stayed in the back 3 rather than switching with a back 4 because we barely had two CHs healthy. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

Ah you’re talking about the calendar year rather than the season.  But why only go back a few games?  League positions are determined on the whole season not 2023 calendar year and our away form for the season to date has been very poor, no point trying to sugarcoat it. 

So, if we barely have 2 CHs fit does that not make it even more daft playing a system that requires playing 3 of them?!  Personally I’d like to see us go to a 4 at the back, I think it suits the players we have better.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ah you’re talking about the calendar year rather than the season.  But why only go back a few games?  League positions are determined on the whole season not 2023 calendar year and our away form for the season to date has been very poor, no point trying to sugarcoat it. 

So, if we barely have 2 CHs fit does that not make it even more daft playing a system that requires playing 3 of them?!  Personally I’d like to see us go to a 4 at the back, I think it suits the players we have better.

Fine cherry picking isn’t it 

12 hours ago, Chimp said:

Yeah after his latest injury it's the first time I've had a niggling doubt that we should go for him. Really like him as a player but no good to us if he's gonna be out every few weeks. Plenty football still to be played though so see how he gets on but one more injury and I'm not sure it's worth risking the money on.

Fairly sure this latest 'injury' was actually illness wasn't it? I thought he was one of the players Neilson said had caught the bug that had taken a few down

20 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Totally agree.  Time for Hearts to show their mettle, let’s move up a wee half level and look to be more ruthless in our nature approaching these games, which have now more importance on them as the games wind down. 

As ever, you’ll have some playing it down as if embarrassed to put more expectancy on the team.  3 points tomorrow would sicken both Aberdeen and Hibs.  A chance to dent any hopes they had of momentum in trying to catch us.  

Thing is, it’s not just the players you need but they need that attitude bred in from the background.  

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Does cross my mind, wish we would just get stuck in from start.

Frustrating, you really need to match teams for effort especially away from home at the start of games.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Fairly sure this latest 'injury' was actually illness wasn't it? I thought he was one of the players Neilson said had caught the bug that had taken a few down

Knee problem 

14593B2B-D8DE-441A-9B4B-08688D14FE09.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fine cherry picking isn’t it 

you used the calendar year to have a go at results not that long ago . I remember because I replied to you that I was more interested in seasons stats 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Knee problem 

14593B2B-D8DE-441A-9B4B-08688D14FE09.jpeg

Thanks. Doesn't seem to have much luck staying fit and we could really have done with him last 2 games when Shankland was out 😐

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, His name is said:

Jesus, just jumped straight Into the last page here, what a shit show 

My thoughts exactly mate.

51 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

And if they win?

They are still four points off third and have a harder run in to split. Five point lead at split will be sufficient for third place. 

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic