*** Aberdeen v Heart Of Midlothian Official Match Thread ***

Masonic

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Beni hardly had an injury, neither Gordon (following his comeback) nor Halkett, Snodgrass has had a long career, had a back problem at West Ham he was over, simply not true. Cochrane has been steady, had a lot of football this year, Boyce one previous cruciate, they may have had injuries, certainly not prone, when they were hired.

Be interesting to see how we go Saturday, we played well enough to win there last time, despite the shocking injury problems for that match, we simply didnt take our chances and got punished when we understandably tired, the system that day worked. In truth despite the lack of attacking intent at Well, the defeat, they rarely bothered us.

3 wins not good enough obviously, not always the system to blame, that word again blame. Grey areas, always

Ben in had a bad ankle at Everton that kept him out four months. He’s now missed just under two years with 3 injuries when he comes back. 
Snodgrass had played about 60 games in 5 years. 
Boyce as you say has now had two ACLs. 
Halkett has had problems for a year and will have played  handful of games  if he comes back in 2024. 
Gordon has played a lot these last two years with little time off, who knows how he will be when he returns. 
Humphreys has barely played 10 times in a row for us, muscular guys do seem to get strains. 
GMS has an issue where he runs on the inside of his feet and is prone to ankle problems because of that. 
We also have guys like Smith, Kingsley, Atkinson that miss games on a regular basis. 
Unfortunately you cant rely on these guys moving forward. 
Wasn’t counting Cochrane as he played. I’m sure only McKay has been fully fit for every game this season. 
But getting back on topic we were good up there last time and lets hope we add to our 3 away wins tomorrow. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Luckies1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ben in had a bad ankle at Everton that kept him out four months. He’s now missed just under two years with 3 injuries when he comes back. 
Halkett has had problems for a year and will have played  handful of games  if he comes back in 2024. 
Gordon has played a lot these last two years with little time off, who knows how he will be when he returns. 
Humphreys has barely played 10 times in a row for us, muscular guys do seem to get strains. 
GMS has an issue where he runs on the inside of his feet and is prone to ankle problems because of that. 
We also have guys like Smith, Kingsley, Atkinson that miss games on a regular basis. 
Wasn’t counting Cochrane as he played. I’m sure only McKay has been fully fit for every game this season. 
But getting back on topic we were good up there last time and lets hope we add to our 3 away wins tomorrow. 

Looks like we will have a strong enough team on Saturday anyhow, I hope we are slick in our ball movement, and diligent in our defending, all that I ask

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

"Hopefully" is not a word engendering optimism.

Got to be careful, as Hearts manager these days, any misplaced word you may get hung the following day

29 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

"Hopefully" is not a word engendering optimism.

Wish he would stop saying players are fit when they are not. It only serves to give the opponents a boost when they see players are out and deflate our support when the players are not playing . The only person he is kidding is himself

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Looks like we will have a strong enough team on Saturday anyhow, I hope we are slick in our ball movement, and diligent in our defending, all that I ask

🤞👍🏽

Luckies1874
58 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Wish he would stop saying players are fit when they are not. It only serves to give the opponents a boost when they see players are out and deflate our support when the players are not playing . The only person he is kidding is himself

He's said he expects Shanks, Snodric, Humph and Cochrane all to be back. Oda not back until after the International break. So we have a big squad fit and available. No excuses at all for not producing a performance. 

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

A bit harsh on Michael Smith who has made 33 appearances this season, with only four others (Cochrane, Forrest, McKay and Shankland) having appeared more often. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

A bit harsh on Michael Smith who has made 33 appearances this season, with only four others (Cochrane, Forrest, McKay and Shankland) having appeared more often. 

Probably but he has consistently had back and cramp issues, he is obviously fit enough to play on after this season but we need a better option at RWB.

Sinbad the Sailor
3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

agree.

but if we lose on Saturday - I guarantee the earth will stop rotating for some. 

Even if we win based on our last win. Place is full of interlopers and greetin' faces.

Sinbad the Sailor
32 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

He's said he expects Shanks, Snodric, Humph and Cochrane all to be back. Oda not back until after the International break. So we have a big squad fit and available. No excuses at all for not producing a performance. 

Well that and Gordon Halkett and Boyce (3 internationalists) plus Beni and Haring. That's over half a team if you include GMS too....but aye no excuses.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Well that and Gordon Halkett and Boyce (3 internationalists) plus Beni and Haring. That's over half a team if you include GMS too....but aye no excuses.

Halkett isnt an international. 

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Theres always an excuse if the result ends up poorly.  

Shanks, Snod and Cochrane trained as normal today. The Humph on his own doing sprints. 

Beni doing laps, Shanks was taken aside for some individual stuff aswell, I think to check his sprints after being involved in the routines where he’s been twisting and turning. 

Luckies1874
12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Theres always an excuse if the result ends up poorly.  

Indeed. We have large squad available for Saturday which is more than capable of winning at Pittodrie if they bother their arses to turn up. None of the long term injured were expected to be part of that and most haven't been part of it for months. 

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Indeed. We have large squad available for Saturday which is more than capable of winning at Pittodrie if they bother their arses to turn up. None of the long term injured were expected to be part of that and most haven't been part of it for months. 

Completely agree. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Shanks, Snod and Cochrane trained as normal today. The Humph on his own doing sprints. 

Beni doing laps, Shanks was taken aside for some individual stuff aswell, I think to check his sprints after being involved in the routines where he’s been twisting and turning. 

Looks part of training there. 

47EF0335-1DC1-46AA-8DDE-CE8D4C1906C0.jpeg

Watt-Zeefuik

This is from the EEN's training photo gallery, someone with 'shop skills make this a smiley please?

image.thumb.png.0baa5c78055489069f6670b47101a49b.png

2 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Did he mention Humphries? 🤔

Luckies1874
Just now, Thomaso said:

Did he mention Humphries? 🤔

Sorry yep shortened to Humph in my post! 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

Sorry yep shortened to Humph in my post! 

He mentioned Shanks, Snodgrass, Cochrane and Haring in the press conference I saw reported but not Humphries. 🤷‍♂️

Luckies1874
25 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He mentioned Shanks, Snodgrass, Cochrane and Haring in the press conference I saw reported but not Humphries. 🤷‍♂️

This was what I read. 

19 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

This was what I read. 

Cheers. Fingers crossed then

15 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Sometimes when I come off of here I have to double check the league table and make sure we aren’t hovering above the relegation zone rather than in third place. The ****ing negativity is beyond belief. 

Most other teams out with the old firm would give their left bollock to be in our position. 

Considering the worst injury record I have ever seen us suffer this year, we are in a great position to once again finish third and get back into Europe again. 

Yip I am the same . I put it down to the following . The group of Hearts supporters who post on here who want Robbie out regardless have to seize an opportunity when it comes along and kick the total arse out of it because we win far more than we lose . A double header against Celtic will mean they have most of their posts already written in their heads before a ball is kicked because they know as well as every one else that we are unlikely to take any thing from the two games . Win vs Aberdeen away and it will be back to how well we did in both halves of a three point game or the score flattering us or what ever and that never makes as big an impact . Back to back losses vs Celtic is basically the festive season for some 

26 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yip I am the same . I put it down to the following . The group of Hearts supporters who post on here who want Robbie out regardless have to seize an opportunity when it comes along and kick the total arse out of it because we win far more than we lose . A double header against Celtic will mean they have most of their posts already written in their heads before a ball is kicked because they know as well as every one else that we are unlikely to take any thing from the two games . Win vs Aberdeen away and it will be back to how well we did in both halves of a three point game or the score flattering us or what ever and that never makes as big an impact . Back to back losses vs Celtic is basically the festive season for some 

Yip. Act like a pack of dogs waiting to pounce and the volume of postings by them gives a very skewed picture. Very strange behaviour from so called fans 

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Yip. Act like a pack of dogs waiting to pounce and the volume of postings by them gives a very skewed picture. Very strange behaviour from so called fans 

Most of us are in the middle ground I expect . I am very disappointed with the results vs Motherwell and Celtic but it is tempered by our form over the majority of the season . Steady improvement and progression will ultimately take us so far and when we reach that wall we will need to look to make a change that can push us forward again , but back to back losses vs Celtic is not an indication of having hit that wall 

12 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Not really given Shankland, Snodgrass, Humphrys and Cochrane have still to prove their fitness today before travelling. Worst case is that squad is as weak as last weekend.  Best case, all four fit, and yes the squad is decent. 

34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Most of us are in the middle ground I expect . I am very disappointed with the results vs Motherwell and Celtic but it is tempered by our form over the majority of the season . Steady improvement and progression will ultimately take us so far and when we reach that wall we will need to look to make a change that can push us forward again , but back to back losses vs Celtic is not an indication of having hit that wall 

Unless the management team display continual improvement as well.  However all managers have a shelf life, Klopp at Liverpool possibly the most obvious current example. 

Bazzas right boot

If we don't rock up at Aberdeen,  batter them and beat them then Bob oot.

Getting beat of Celtic twice and Aberdeen away in a fortnight is unacceptable. 

Am I doing it right?

32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless the management team display continual improvement as well.  However all managers have a shelf life, Klopp at Liverpool possibly the most obvious current example. 

It was the management team that I was meaning in my post . They will take us so far and they will then leave for one reason or another . We need to make sure that when they do go we make the right appointment and not some totally disastrous Stendel or Cathro type affair 

Edited by Sooks

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

2 defeats v Celtic and  away at Aberdeen are hardly surprising , yet some will acy

Tas if we are in terrible form and falling  apart.

The same happened during the period were we lost in Europe,  to the OF and at Aberdeen away.

The only poor result was v Livi at that time, yet some were in all sorts of panic and demanding him sacked. 

Fast forward,  we reclaimed 3rd place and again and now  have a few fixtures v good opposition which I think we can take points in but so will the opposition thibk that and defeat in these fixtures is not a shocking in any way at all.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

2 defeats v Celtic and  away at Aberdeen are hardly surprising , yet some will act

as if we are in terrible form and falling  apart.

The same happened during the period were we lost in Europe,  to the OF and at Aberdeen away.

I know I agree 

Let's just hope we're awake from the first whistle, none of this slow start shite as they will be after us right away. Got to keep an eye on that wee diving barsteward Duk.

Edited by feej

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Am I doing it right?

For a change

12 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This is from the EEN's training photo gallery, someone with 'shop skills make this a smiley please?

image.thumb.png.0baa5c78055489069f6670b47101a49b.png

Make them an over they can’t refuse! Trust me, take the lube.

47 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Am I doing it right?

There he is! Provoking an argument as per. You cannot help yourself. It's very weird to constantly want to argue with your own fans and I'd suggest you seek help. It's all you ever do on here and it's nauseating. 

It's a thread about the Aberdeen game, everyone having a nice discussion about it yet you need to chime in with your usual pish. Give yourself a day off man.

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolute monster of a guy. Actually looks like a rugby player rather than a footballer

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Is Neilson morphing into Savage!?

Bob Savage!

30 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Absolute monster of a guy. Actually looks like a rugby player rather than a footballer

Yet ironically he's a bit of an eggshell when it comes to injuries.   I dont wonder if he's worth taking a punt on this summer in view of his injury record with us.

22 minutes ago, briever said:

Yet ironically he's a bit of an eggshell when it comes to injuries.   I dont wonder if he's worth taking a punt on this summer in view of his injury record with us.

Yeah after his latest injury it's the first time I've had a niggling doubt that we should go for him. Really like him as a player but no good to us if he's gonna be out every few weeks. Plenty football still to be played though so see how he gets on but one more injury and I'm not sure it's worth risking the money on.

Not confident at all, we have looked a shambles of organisation lately and our tactics have been sussed out and when pressed we seem to fall apart. We are third in the league though and need to stay there but we are now in a battle. OK a bit off topic but we need a complete rethink of the coaching ( and fitness ) model at our club, it is done. We are just not getting the best out of this group of players.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Skacelsid said:

Not confident at all, we have looked a shambles of organisation lately and our tactics have been sussed out and when pressed we seem to fall apart. We are third in the league though and need to stay there but we are now in a battle. OK a bit off topic but we need a complete rethink of the coaching ( and fitness ) model at our club, it is done. We are just not getting the best out of this group of players.

Like in the first hour at the Champions when we had them very worried? Total shambles that was :) If the players can stay fit we will get more out of them, its been a very long season already, they looked ok in the 2nd half against St Johnstone, Celtic are light years ahead of us, Parkhead was largely good, Tynecastle largely disappointing.

Back to the teams we should beat the next 6 weeks

Anyhow

Most experience available I imagine tomorrow and a bit of midfield protection

Clark

Hill Rowles Kingsley

Smith Kio Snodgrass Grant Cochrane

Shankland

Ginnelly

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Like in the first hour at the Champions when we had them very worried? Total shambles that was :) If the players can stay fit we will get more out of them, its been a very long season already, they looked ok in the 2nd half against St Johnstone, Celtic are light years ahead of us, Parkhead was largely good, Tynecastle largely disappointing.

Back to the teams we should beat the next 6 weeks

Anyhow

Most experience available I imagine tomorrow and a bit of midfield protection

Clark

Hill Rowles Kingsley

Smith Kio Snodgrass Grant Cochrane

Shankland

Ginnelly

Have you got Snodgrass in front of Grant and Kio? I cannot watch him play as a deep lying midfielder again 😭

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Have you got Snodgrass in front of Grant and Kio? I cannot watch him play as a deep lying midfielder again 😭

You would need a heat map, to place Hearts players. Snodgrass will inevitably take the ball off the goal kicks. Seen some nice variations on the goal kick in midweek CL matches which includes pinging one 40 yards on a low trajectory into the bottom of the centre circle, good variation we should try, took out about 4 players pressing

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Definitely, but fast also. 

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If what I saw in one exercise was the first 11 for tomorrow, there was 2 surprise omissions (but one maybe obvious as not present) and one unsurprising omission from last weeks side.  

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, but fast also. 

He is that, but so are rugby players haha. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, briever said:

Muscular and therefore heavier guys do seem to get more niggles and strains, we've had a few.  

• JKBMod 3 locked this topic