Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2

Mr Sifter

4 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

For Hibs games yes. No mention of anyone being guaranteed their seats for cup games. Should be a level playing field. 

A full season ticket holder has first dibs on their seat for all cup matches. Roseburn ST's get priority to any of them that aren't taken by the holder. Prior to them going on general sale. 

From the websie when they went on sale.

"As such, Roseburn Stand Season Tickets are available at a reduced price, with the absence of Hibs fixture(s) factored into the cost.

Roseburn Stand Season Ticket holders would, however, be guaranteed the chance to buy a ticket for every home European tie (minimum of four games) this season and would also get priority access to tickets ahead of a general sale for Scottish Cup home fixtures."

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Wee Mikey

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

I have a feeling the “we would have to beat them at some stage anyway, better that it’s at Tynecastle” mantra will be the same one that evolves (devolves?) into “it’s the OF, what do you expect” come whichever time we lose to one of them, be it in the league or the cup.

Pasquale for King

Brilliant from Ricky Foster saying he hopes we win the cup, that both the uglies go out but that theyll probably be kept apart 👍🏽👏🏾

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Shanks said no said:

Lovely, town full of Irish for the rugby and the plastics come too. 

That's what happened in 1987.     

We beat Celtic 1-0 and Scotland beat Ireland 16-12.  

(a repeat would do nicely)

Also the only time I've been refused service in a pub (unfairly, I would maintain).

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I have a feeling the “we would have to beat them at some stage anyway, better that it’s at Tynecastle” mantra will be the same one that evolves (devolves?) into “it’s the OF, what do you expect” come whichever time we lose to one of them, be it in the league or the cup.

Cheer up ffs your like a broken record with your negativity.

If we lose we lose its not exactly surprising but it makes the occasional triumph all the more exciting.

The only way we can compete with the OF on a regular basis is with a major investment and we know where that led us in the past.

We are having a good season just try and enjoy it for now.

4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

I do not get why there is surprise at that draw.

There wasn’t any surprise though, Jock.

Almost every post has been sarcastic about us getting the Tims.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Whatever happens, we need to run a lot and stop pretending that we can match them for football. 

Outrun them and then attempt to find some gaps. 

Ultras need to up their game too from Rangers match, especially if we go behind 

10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Cheer up ffs your like a broken record with your negativity.

If we lose we lose its not exactly surprising but it makes the occasional triumph all the more exciting.

The only way we can compete with the OF on a regular basis is with a major investment and we know where that led us in the past.

We are having a good season just try and enjoy it for now.

I find it easier to enjoy the game when I don’t have to face the reality how unfair the wealth disparity is in our game and how brutally boring our game is playing the same old shite teams and two teams out of our reach four or five times every damn season. Every now and again I let myself try and enjoy like a football fan should only to be smacked by the reality of it all.

Yes it’s amazing when we triumph over adversity, but it’s exhausting sometimes having to face what we face. But you have your outlook, I’ll have mine. Can’t all think the same way.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

29 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

The trouble is if we do beat them we will get beat by Sevco as we always do

Cameron and Adam disagree with this post.  :sadrobbo:

1 hour ago, 151 said:

Very bizarre comments by the commentator there regarding why the cup draw gets done before the last game is played.

"There are reasons.."

McFadden then asked if we are allowed to know them.

"I'll leave it to others to discuss."

The 4th round draw was made after the Ayr v Pollok match which was the Monday night fixture and the last of Round 3.

InternationalJambo
22 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Richard foster knows the score .he just said what everyone knows the uglies get kept apart to final 👏👏

What was said? I heard the comment by McFadden during the game but turned it off. Strange two pundits have alluded to this 🤔

Edited by InternationalJambo

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

No way can we be handing over the entire School End stand to these barstewards. 50% maximum. 

One upper section what I'd hope we give them ! If the tie was through at celtic Park we'd only get same wee corner spot 

36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I have a feeling you are at it.  Pretty clear that we would need to beat one or two of them to win the cup. Hopefully it’s just one of them.  If it’s just one then much better to play that game at tynie than Hampden.  If it’s two much better that one of them is at tynie rather than Hampden.  If your goal in life, or every season, is to win the cup without beating either of the OF I suspect you will have a long wait until you achieve your goal given the huge, and growing disparity, in financial might of the three  teams we are discussing. Just take a look at the half year results Celtic released last week. 

2 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

What was said? I heard the comment by McFadden during the game but turned turned it off. Strange two pundits have alluded to this 🤔

He just said the uglies will be kept apart until the final. If there is a fix and it's a big if .it will go on until someone who makes the draw has the balls to come out and call it.

Parttimer1874
12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

No way can we be handing over the entire School End stand to these barstewards. 50% maximum. 

Sadly they’re entitled to 20% of the stadium capacity. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely no chance ViaPlay don't take our game. Zero. A 5.30pm kick off could be on the cards ...

Could also be Sat at 12/12.30.  Same recovery time from Wed night for both teams. 

Stewie Griffin
7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could also be Sat at 12/12.30.  Same recovery time from Wed night for both teams. 

I would imagine if the police have much say in it then they’ll want the earlier ko time. ( than 17:30 ) 

Edited by Stewie Griffin

3 hours ago, Parttimer1874 said:

But Roseburn ST holders can’t be guaranteed their seats. There’s no reason they should be disadvantaged vs people in the other three stands.  

That is what the Roseburn ST holders sign up for. The  ST tickets in the other 3 stands get first call on their seats for cup games.

25 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

We've no choice I'm afraid. 

willie wallace
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Have there been other  Viaplay games in that time slot.

Not sure if they have that available to them.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Question is, do we continue along with the 343, or do we try and choke the midfield with another body and give Snodgrass that extra bit of breathing room he may well need? 

I think its maybe a game that warrants a change of shape. A midfield of Snodgrass, Devlin and Grant could work to great effect. 

Snoddy needs Devlin and Grant in midfield. I’d play a back four of Hill Sibbick Rowles Neilson and have them play a tight defence where nothing gets past. Shankland Humphrys and McKay, with Kuol & Oda ready to come on for McKay. 
a big strong back 4. A hard working midfield. A strong tricky goal scoring trio that works its socks off. Right from the off Hearts need to get right into them and not ever think of lying back, being negative, and when they have the ball get right in their faces and take no prisoners. Forget out and out wingers Celtics weakness is through the middle. Cut out the ball to the forwards who have their back to the defenders, play the ball so our players are on the defences shoulders making them turn to face their goal. This will be Tynecastle Neilson has to leave out Halliday Kio, Forrest, Haring, Smith, Kingsley, Cochrane, Atkinson to begin with and Celtic won’t know what’s hit them. No slackers in the starting lineup.

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We've no choice I'm afraid. 

not so sure about that, they are entitled a percentage but I think that is about half the Roseburn, then the police have a say in crowd control and the shutters are halfway along the concourse. Celtic have used the police and safety to shaft other teams in the past. so what's good for the goose and all that.

I decided to look at the Scottish cup draws for the defunct mob just out of interest after someone commented above on there propensity to get a home tie lol

since 2015-16 Scottish cup in 24 draws (That's 4th 5th and quarters where they can have home advantage) they have been drawn at home 14 times and away 10 fair enough 

So 10  aways in order Ayr Utd , Fraserborough,  Aberdeen-Papped oot,  Killie won a replay , Cowdenbeath , Hamilton  Hearts-Papped oot , Dundee,  Annan Athletic and  finally St Johnstone this year 

Home ties a lot harder including 3 years of all three being at home read Dundee, Killie Cowdenbeath Hamilton Morton Motherwell Falkirk Killie Stranrear St Johnstone papped oot on Pens Celtic ,Cove Stirling Albion and this year Partick and Raith 

A good mix  

Since 1960 Celtic and Rangers managed to meet each other in the final 9 times until I seem to Remember Tennants took over the sponsorship and binned the old hot balls when they assumed sponsorship in 89-90 ish since then they have met in the final only twice

So in short I think the old draws in the SFA were completely fairly drawn behind closed doors cough cough but the new version seems far more random

I must get out more !!

2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

not so sure about that, they are entitled a percentage but I think that is about half the Roseburn, then the police have a say in crowd control and the shutters are halfway along the concourse. Celtic have used the police and safety to shaft other teams in the past. so what's good for the goose and all that.

It's common knowledge that the away team are entitled to claim 20%

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It would make sense if it does, though.

Our chances are ever so slightly improved by having to play the OF at home, so indeed 'better it's at Tynecastle'.  But, they should still be able to comfortably defeat us on any patch of grass, so 'what do you expect'.

Pre-match optimism turning into post-match realism is unfortunately the way of any non-OF supporter.

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have a feeling you are at it.  Pretty clear that we would need to beat one or two of them to win the cup. Hopefully it’s just one of them.  If it’s just one then much better to play that game at tynie than Hampden.  If it’s two much better that one of them is at tynie rather than Hampden.  If your goal in life, or every season, is to win the cup without beating either of the OF I suspect you will have a long wait until you achieve your goal given the huge, and growing disparity, in financial might of the three  teams we are discussing. Just take a look at the half year results Celtic released last week. 

I’m not sure you’re getting where I’m coming from. I’m pissed off at the draw not because I want to avoid them altogether (although we did that in 2006), it’s because if we’re going to have a chance to gazump the odds, then we’re more likely to do it in a one off match against only one of them.

If Rangers were out, I’d be less pissed about having Celtic at home because I know if we can manage to beat the odds then it’s our cup to lose. But the draw is disheartening because not only are we up against Celtic, but we’re up against one of the best OF teams for quite a few years - and even then if we manage to beat them we’ll still have two games to go and every chance of getting Rangers in one of them.

So it’s not really the chances of beating Celtic in a one off game, it’s that the odds are even more against us as we’ll have to more likelier than not beat both of them, not just one of them. Not impossible, but extremely improbable. If they had been drawn against each other you’d know you’d have to play the winner in the semi or the final, then you can talk about one off games. But in reality we’re talking two games, not one.

Add into it the European factor of guaranteed group stage football having its odds widened due to us needing to win or the OF to win and us to finish 3rd for us to play group stages without having to rely on a playoff. If all three of us were in the semis, odds in our favour. Odds will still be in our favour for group stage football if Celtic win, so long as we finish 3rd, but not as good odds if three teams were in the semis.

So it’s not just a one off game of football. It’s the different outcomes and scenarios that can now play out from this draw and the permutations from each that are not as good as they could have been. Plus, it’s decades of watching us get screwed by disparity and unfairness and the gut wrenching feeling it’s going to inevitably happen all over again. I’d like to be a hopeful fan, but I’ve been around too long and I’m a realist. And I’m allowed to feel this way.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not sure you’re getting where I’m coming from. I’m pissed off at the draw not because I want to avoid them altogether (although we did that in 2006), it’s because if we’re going to have a chance to gazump the odds, then we’re more likely to do it in a one off match against only one of them.

If Rangers were out, I’d be less pissed about having Celtic at home because I know if we can manage to beat the odds then it’s our cup to lose. But the draw is disheartening because not only are we up against Celtic, but we’re up against one of the best OF teams for quite a few years - and even then if we manage to beat them we’ll still have two games to go and every chance of getting Rangers in one of them.

So it’s not really the chances of beating Celtic in a one off game, it’s that the odds are even more against us as we’ll have to more likelier than not beat both of them, not just one of them. Not impossible, but extremely improbable. If they had been drawn against each other you’d know you’d have to play the winner in the semi or the final, then you can talk about one off games. But in reality we’re talking two games, not one.

Add into it the European factor of guaranteed group stage football having its odds widened due to us needing to win or the OF to win and us to finish 3rd for us to play group stages without having to rely on a playoff. If all three of us were in the semis, odds in our favour. Odds will still be in our favour for group stage football if Celtic win, so long as we finish 3rd, not not as good odds if three teams were in the semis.

So it’s not just a one off game of football. It’s the different outcomes and scenarios that can now play out from this draw and the permutations from each that are not as good as they could have been. Plus, it’s decades of watching us get screwed by disparity and unfairness and the gut wrenching feeling it’s going to inevitably happen all over again. I’d like to be a hopeful fan, but I’ve been around too long and I’m a realist. And I’m allowed to feel this way.

Your monologue reminds of James Earl Jones in Field of Dreams after Costner asks him 'what do you want?'

'No, what do you want?' nodding to the food kiosk. 

It's a great game to imagine a Hearts win which given how we've competed already at Tynecastle, is not some utter alien concept. I think age is doing strange things  to folk.

6 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

In what way?  We generally avoid Celtic in the Scottish. 

Apologies if this is already been covered. But going back to our last cup win, by my reckoning in 12 seasons we have met Celtic in the Scottish Cup 6 times. In the same period we have met Rangers twice and Hibs 8 times (not including replays).

17 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Apologies if this is already been covered. But going back to our last cup win, by my reckoning in 12 seasons we have met Celtic in the Scottish Cup 6 times. In the same period we have met Rangers twice and Hibs 8 times (not including replays).

Did think we had been drawn against them rather a lot in recent times .

We're more than capable I believe, of making this a very special cup win. Eliminating hibs, celtic and rangers on the way to lifting the trophy!! Now that would really be something, As someone said on another thread it would be the holy trinity. If we do pull it off and win it and why not!!? it will be a remarkable achievement. It would certainly make winning the cup this year a bit special, more special than "the special one" itself maybe?? Naaaaahh..  Aye!?...mmm...mibby

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Whatever happens, we need to run a lot and stop pretending that we can match them for football. 

Outrun them and then attempt to find some gaps. 

Ultras need to up their game too from Rangers match, especially if we go behind 

Aye, it was the ultras fault we got pumped right enough. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Ok, had somewhere to go earlier last night and this whole thing went right out the window; just found out who we have

However, OF or us are still the only winners of this tournament

But, the entire game, whistle to whistle, get into this ******** shite!!!!

❤️❤️G❤️

_

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Long shot but Rangers have looked vulnerable against weaker teams and could get pumped out. Celtic on the other hand would skelp any of the sides left in and would otherwise cruise into the final. So, who knows, getting them at home might just be exactly right for us this year!

OIP.CuyiYok6y8K8a-SQ7irYIwHaEX.jpeg

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

We have only been drawn with them 2 times. 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

That's what happened in 1987.     

We beat Celtic 1-0 and Scotland beat Ireland 16-12.  

(a repeat would do nicely)

Also the only time I've been refused service in a pub (unfairly, I would maintain).

Robbo goal, late on?

Allowayjambo1874
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Are you sure?

Since 2012 I make it Celtic 4 times (0-7, 0-4, 1-2, 3-3)

sorry if I’ve mucked up! 

Despite Celtic probably being the best team in Scotland I prefer playing them than Rangers especially at Tynecastle! Last season and this season we have given them a run for their money at Tynecastle and extremely unlucky in both matches, if we turn up for the whole game I think we beat them!. While Snodgrass is a fantastic player for us!, Snodgrass needs to be deployed up field and not as he was against Rangers as he doesn't have the pace for that role against Celtic and Rangers in my opinion We don't seem to turn up to against Rangers end of story and last outing was embarrassing against them to say the least! , so I'm happy we avoided them! 

Shite draw but at home we've played pretty well against them recently.

Tough draw but on the bright side if it's not us, one of the two uglies is almost certainly going to win the cup. Secure 3rd and we're into the group stage again next year, which is massive.

• davemclaren changed the title to Scottish Cup . Hearts v Celtic Saturday 11/3 12:15 ko - tickets on sale 22/2