*** Motherwell v Hearts Official Match Day Thread ***

Masonic

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

To be fair Kingsley has been honking recently.

Thought he was really good on Friday night. Stepped forward whenever possible. Was often in more advanced areas than Cochrane. If we're going to continue with a back 3 and have Snodgrass coming really deep to get on the ball then at least 1 of the 3 really needs to step out and join in. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Team on a winless run and we rock up into town.

I've seen this movie before.

Every team, outside the old firm, say this. 

Hopefully start fast like we did with Hamilton and get one or two goals in fairly early, I think we'll do well (pardon the pun) in this game.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Thought he was really good on Friday night. Stepped forward whenever possible. Was often in more advanced areas than Cochrane. If we're going to continue with a back 3 and have Snodgrass coming really deep to get on the ball then at least 1 of the 3 really needs to step out and join in. 

He was good on Friday . Just needed a bit of time to settle back in

9 minutes ago, Macros said:

Have we sold out our allocation? Looking on the website it's only showing tickets for St. Johnstone and the Woman's team fixture. 

I have emailed the ticket office asking the same question will update you when I get a response

9 minutes ago, Mosher007 said:

Hearts have emailed me saying they have asked Motherwell for more tickets which should be a problem in my opinion 

Was sleeping on tickets the last week but seems like we’ve sold out the lower tier. With no social media posts about tickets going on sale and the game now less than a week away, think we’ll now struggle to sell the whole stand when they open the top tier 

15 minutes ago, Mosher007 said:

I have emailed the ticket office asking the same question will update you when I get a response

Just seen the Twitter update, awaiting more tickets from Motherwell 

47 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

So we've sold out the lower tier.

I'd imagine they'll give us sections of the upper now.

Always find it a bit weird that the away stand there holds almost 5,000 when the capacity is just shy of 14,000. Such an unbalanced, mishmash, horrible looking stadium.

We'll not be able to sell an additional ~2400 odd tickets but with the lower section bouncing that'll be enough! 

3 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

Always find it a bit weird that the away stand there holds almost 5,000 when the capacity is just shy of 14,000. Such an unbalanced, mishmash, horrible looking stadium.

We'll not be able to sell an additional ~2400 odd tickets but with the lower section bouncing that'll be enough! 

That stand was built purely to be filled with Old Firm fans

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

They built it for the uglies, didn’t they sell season tickets to them or debentures?

They will surely open the upper tier as they need the money. 

Pasquale for King

Clark

Cochrane

Kingsley

Rowles

Sibbick 

Smith 

McKay

Snodgrass

Devlin

Humphrys

Shankland 

I think this will be the team he plays. 

2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They built it for the uglies, didn’t they sell season tickets to them or debentures?

They will surely open the upper tier as they need the money. 

Yup and herein lies the problem with Scottish football! 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DxB Hearts said:

Yup and herein lies the problem with Scottish football! 

Exactly. Only realised well afterwards that the 10k stadium nonsense was so they could get a decent chunk of it for themselves 🤦🏽

The White Cockade
On 13/02/2023 at 08:44, TexasAndy said:

I am confident we can wrap up the 3 points here.  Only caveat is the bounce teams often get first game after manager is sacked.  

That’s ok they play on Wednesday so we are second game slump hopefully 

Clark 

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Smith Devlin Snodric Cochrane 

Shanks McKay

Humps 

3 zip Hearts. 

On 13/02/2023 at 15:40, Sooks said:

He was good on Friday . Just needed a bit of time to settle back in

Absolutely.

Kingsley had barely played for a long time then he comes back into the team and looks rusty. Instead of giving the benefit of the doubt to a player who has proven himself to be excellent, some folk choose to say he doesn't deserve to be in the team and question if he's actually that good after all. 

Mental.

The Treasurer
7 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Correct. They even offered the arse cheeks fans the chance to buy "season tickets" for that stand to guarantee a seat every time they played 

Motherwell away is usually a game I look at and think 'this will be tricky'. I'm not feeling that this time round. Motherwell are useless at the moment. I am confident we will go through there and do well. If we play the way we are capable of playing then the three points will be ours. It's all on us to go and do that.

2 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Can you get a match dap pass/ one month pass on Sky? 

Need to tecord

Wondering the same. The game is on Sky Sports main event which means I'll be able to watch in my local but I would prefer to buy the Motherwell PPV. I'm guessing that won't be allowed.

Edited by upgotheheads

9 hours ago, Barack said:

It seems a bit odd Motherwell asking Hearts fans to register on their eticketing site to buy tickets and then also having to handle the ticket sales themelves, when it could all have been done pretty easily via Hearts eticketing per the original allocation. Can't really find the logic in there.

5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

It seems a bit odd Motherwell asking Hearts fans to register on their eticketing site to buy tickets and then also having to handle the ticket sales themelves, when it could all have been done pretty easily via Hearts eticketing per the original allocation. Can't really find the logic in there.

Could be that they couldn’t get the tickets to us in time to sell or that they’re having cash flow issues and need the money immediately rather than waiting for Hearts to pay them for tickets sold? 

12 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Agreed.

Must be easier admin for 'Well, in some obscure way.

But, why not simply anticipate a big Hearts away crowd and issue upper stand tickets in the first place? If they didn't sell then so what?

It's not like these seats were going to be needed for home fans.

Yet again, there'll be Hearts fans making an effort to attend an away match, but with no LPs to show for it.

Edited by Wee Mikey

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Could be that they couldn’t get the tickets to us in time to sell or that they’re having cash flow issues and need the money immediately rather than waiting for Hearts to pay them for tickets sold? 

Could be - the money issue certainly is plausible. Getting a bag full of tickets an hour down the M8 doesn't seem that difficult though.

22 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I am going for cash flow issues 

been here before
41 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Not really, theyve done it a couple of times over the last few years. There's been at least one game in the last few years where all the Hearts tickets have had to be bought straight from Motherwell.

St Johnstone amd Dundee Utd have also done it.

Edited by been here before

3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Absolutely.

Kingsley had barely played for a long time then he comes back into the team and looks rusty. Instead of giving the benefit of the doubt to a player who has proven himself to be excellent, some folk choose to say he doesn't deserve to be in the team and question if he's actually that good after all. 

Mental.

IMO Kingsley's looked out of sorts all season. His pre-season was decent but he picked up that early injury and hasn't look comfortable defending since. We lost so many goals in his area between Sept and November.

4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Shanks McKay

Humps 

3 zip Hearts. 

This for me 👍

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

That’s ok they play on Wednesday so we are second game slump hopefully 

Few knocks n niggles be nice.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Absolutely.

Mental.

Batsh*t. Besides, did not have a poor game Fri IMO.

Hopefully another 3-0 win at Fir Park.

Hopefully we don't give away as many chances as we did the first time round as I still do not know how we never conceded that game 😂

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Hopefully another 3-0 win at Fir Park.

Hopefully we don't give away as many chances as we did the first time round as I still do not know how we never conceded that game 😂

That was crazy, they had 26 shots on goal and every the bar and post 🤣. Both teams are so different from then 

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Clark 

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Shanks McKay

Humps 

3 zip Hearts. 

This is the team and this is the score. Humphs to get a couple. Kuol to get a good chunk of time when we are cruising. 

9 hours ago, been here before said:

Not really, theyve done it a couple of times over the last few years. There's been at least one game in the last few years where all the Hearts tickets have had to be bought straight from Motherwell.

St Johnstone amd Dundee Utd have also done it.

That's right re St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, but the online ticket system that they use doesn't required you to register if you're an away fan - you essentially just buy as a guest. I'm not sure why Motherwell [or Livi a few weeks ago] would want a bunch of supporters from other clubs registering on their online ticketing site as a one-off if they decide to sell more tickets to away fans after their allocation has sold out. But it is what it is.

The Treasurer
11 minutes ago, JALBO said:

That's right re St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, but the online ticket system that they use doesn't required you to register if you're an away fan - you essentially just buy as a guest. I'm not sure why Motherwell [or Livi a few weeks ago] would want a bunch of supporters from other clubs registering on their online ticketing site as a one-off if they decide to sell more tickets to away fans after their allocation has sold out. But it is what it is.

I'm guessing it is more to do with getting the cash right away that clubs like the ones mentioned, decide to sell away tickets direct.

This obviously is far from ideal with Hearts using the LP system.

11 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Getting tickets to us is probably the issue. They usually have a cash gate when we go there so that may become an option for Sunday. 

Logic tells me that we have a far superior set of players, team and ability to score more. So my head says this should be a win, easy or otherwise.

Decades of supporting this club and seeing we’re up against a team in need of a win, we’re away from home, they’ve just suffered an embarrassing cup defeat and sacked their manager so looking for the cliched ‘response’ tells me this will be a loss or a draw for us. Which my head thinks is ridiculous, but past experiences find completely understandable.

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Pretty pish if Grant doesn't play.

Is there any word on his fitness, had a bad twist at Hamilton, hopefully he's fit I really like him and would like to see him get a proper run in the side from the start as I think he has the potential to be pretty influential between now and the end of the season. 

38 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Is there any word on his fitness, had a bad twist at Hamilton, hopefully he's fit I really like him and would like to see him get a proper run in the side from the start as I think he has the potential to be pretty influential between now and the end of the season. 

Forgot about that. I agree with you about JG. There's quality in there. 👍

Anyone know what time the team bus arrives at the ground? My laddie is desperate to get Zander to sign his goalie top and thinking this is the best chance. With it being a 12 KO is it usually an hour and a half before kick off they get in?

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Anyone know what time the team bus arrives at the ground? My laddie is desperate to get Zander to sign his goalie top and thinking this is the best chance. With it being a 12 KO is it usually an hour and a half before kick off they get in?

Not sure what time they arrive but one idea might be to get in early and try to catch the players while they are warming up.

I'm sure if Clark spotted a young fan standing with "his strip" that he'd spare a quick minute to sign it