*** Motherwell v Hearts Official Match Day Thread ***

Masonic

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Anyone know what time the team bus arrives at the ground? My laddie is desperate to get Zander to sign his goalie top and thinking this is the best chance. With it being a 12 KO is it usually an hour and a half before kick off they get in?

Kids usually get stuff signed after the games, not sure how easy it is to do that through there though. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

9 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Anyone know what time the team bus arrives at the ground? My laddie is desperate to get Zander to sign his goalie top and thinking this is the best chance. With it being a 12 KO is it usually an hour and a half before kick off they get in?

They usually arrive approx an hour and a half before kick off

Ricardo Quaresma
15 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Decades of supporting this club and seeing we’re up against a team in need of a win, we’re away from home, they’ve just suffered an embarrassing cup defeat and sacked their manager so looking for the cliched ‘response’ tells me this will be a loss or a draw for us. Which my head thinks is ridiculous, but past experiences find completely understandable.

They beat the liedoons 2 - 1 tonight; that's their honeymoon bounce over and now they're going to get pumped at the weekend and they know they are ☺

This'll be tough.

Motherwell played really well against us last time at their place in the 0-3 game.

We definitely had a bit of luck that game.

Agree with the above. Scoreline flattered us last time there. Think we need to be a bit more physical in midfield. If we win that battle then the quality we have in other areas should earn a win.  

It's amazing how often a team gets a result after the Manager has been emptied.  Hopefully Well have had their bounce last night.

Hopefully they have had their bounce. Looking at the highlights their pitch looks in decent nick. If we play well then I have no doubt we win the match. 

20 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Hopefully they have had their bounce. Looking at the highlights their pitch looks in decent nick. If we play well then I have no doubt we win the match. 

Agreed. Need to be at it and win the midfield, when football breaks put, we'll win.

Livingston play Rangers this weekend. They then have Aberdeen away, then Livi and H8bs play each other. If we win against Well then StJ in that time, we may well have extended gap and they'll have lost their game in hand. We then play Celtic but at same time Hibs play Rangers.

We've got a tough run of fixtures coming up from Celtic onwards so this game and next are huge to set up (even more) cushion.

I saw this quote from Robbie when talking about the squad, “It's just the longer-term ones like Beni Baningime, Craig Halkett, Liam Boyce, Craig Gordon and Gary Mackay-Steven – all the boys who are out for the season."

Interesting that he's included Boyce and Beni as out for the season when both were back running, unless he's just lumped all the longer term ones together and is trying to temper expectation.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I saw this quote from Robbie when talking about the squad, “It's just the longer-term ones like Beni Baningime, Craig Halkett, Liam Boyce, Craig Gordon and Gary Mackay-Steven – all the boys who are out for the season."

Interesting that he's included Boyce and Beni as out for the season when both were back running, unless he's just lumped all the longer term ones together and is trying to temper expectation.

Perhaps, the case, or a judgement call we have enough to cope this season and will get them back strong.

On Motherwell, last time we played there, we had come back from Lithuania in midst of an injury crisis. 9 days rest and more to choose from, they had the midweek game this time, we apply ourselves properly we will make chances

Motherwell in talks with Ian Holloway for the vacant managers position, would be an interesting appointment, hopefully not til after Sunday if true 

pettigrewsstylist

Hopefully Van Veen doesnt pass fitness test. He will trouble us  

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

1 hour ago, heisenberg86 said:

Motherwell in talks with Ian Holloway for the vacant managers position, would be an interesting appointment, hopefully not til after Sunday if true 

Always good for a laugh but hasn't he been out for a while?

Edited by Gorgierools

1 minute ago, Gorgierools said:

Always good for a laugh but hasn't he been out for a while?

Grimsby 2020, likeable character Holloway, would be a good appointment for them I reckon 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, heisenberg86 said:

Grimsby 2020, likeable character Holloway, would be a good appointment for them I reckon 

His TV persona is very different from the one in real life.

Absolute arsehole of a man

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

And you know this how? Just asking!

The Treasurer
Just now, Gorgierools said:

And you know this how? Just asking!

Family member was on the staff, not on the playing side, at one of his many clubs. 

Said he was an arrogant bully who blamed everything and everyone, except himself, when things went wrong 

Looks like Motherwell got the 'new manager bounce' last night. Might make Sunday's match a wee bit trickier than it would have been if Stevie Hammell had still been there. Still a match we should be looking to win though.

26 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Family member was on the staff, not on the playing side, at one of his many clubs. 

Said he was an arrogant bully who blamed everything and everyone, except himself, when things went wrong 

Gotcha. Thanks 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Everyone forgotten there is a game on! With no game the following weekend, need to smash this one, dont want two weeks to dwell on Well.

3-1 Hearts I think, treble over Well

pettigrewsstylist

Have a good feeling that Robbies comments ref energy, our longer rest and their midweek battle will pay off here.

Shankland to score.

Van Veen always turns into Van Basten when he faces us. also Blair Spittal always sems to raise his game against us. Still, we should be too good for them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Sleepy head said:

Van Veen always turns into Van Basten when he faces us. also Blair Spittal always sems to raise his game against us. Still, we should be too good for them.

When did that happen, I must have missed it

2 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

Van Veen has scored 0 goals against us. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

When did that happen, I must have missed it

No you're correct there. It hasn't actually , really happened. It's just my way of  exaggerating the fact that he does seem to cause us problems.

24 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

No you're correct there. It hasn't actually , really happened. It's just my way of  exaggerating the fact that he does seem to cause us problems.

He 'scored' a cracker in the last game at Tynie but alas, offside...

On 16/02/2023 at 08:40, TexasAndy said:

It's amazing how often a team gets a result after the Manager has been emptied.  Hopefully Well have had their bounce last night.

Says a lot about the players and its not a positive one, 2-0 hearts they are poor, even the hobos beat st liedoon. 

Pasquale for King
On 16/02/2023 at 16:15, The Treasurer said:

Tbh he come across as an arsehole on tv also. 
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ian-holloway-blames-eu-for-var-controversy-1.3992816

Then made the situation worse by opening his huge mouth again. 
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/21/eu-to-blame-football-new-handball-rule-ian-holloway

We have plenty stupid morons up here already. 

43 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tbh he come across as an arsehole on tv also. 
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ian-holloway-blames-eu-for-var-controversy-1.3992816

Then made the situation worse by opening his huge mouth again. 
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/21/eu-to-blame-football-new-handball-rule-ian-holloway

We have plenty stupid morons up here already. 

"I hope we get out of Brexit, because that’s what we all voted for, and sort that out, because you cannot have someone telling us how to do our own game.”

Yup, I seriously doubt he'll be managing in Scotland after that nonsense.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

"I hope we get out of Brexit, because that’s what we all voted for, and sort that out, because you cannot have someone telling us how to do our own game.”

Yup, I seriously doubt he'll be managing in Scotland after that nonsense.

Unfortunately seems to be a common trait down there in all areas not just football. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unfortunately seems to be a common trait down there in all areas not just football. 

Yes all English people are the same!
:vrface:

On 16/02/2023 at 17:56, The Treasurer said:

Footballs funny like that eh. There are lots of apparent arseholes who are actually sound. Just football baddies. Oor own Naisy a good case of that. Massively decent guy by all accounts. Horrible little shit when a football comes out! Scott Brown, ive met a couple of times, nice lad. Kenny Miller i like too. HATED Martin Oneil,met him, was disgusted by how much i liked him!! Jim Goodwin seems a decent bloke. I kinda learnt to separate football hate from personal hate, though sometimes you need both like with Lennon (been told hes sound but na not having it,hes maybe capable of being ok for short bursts or something).

The flip side is there are a lot of "nice guys" who are almost definite bellends. Holloway ive always had a sneaky is a tit. Lineker probably in there. Levein, while not nice guy persona as such, does play the humour card too. Hundreds and hundreds of OF "legends" who are so up their own arse too. Durrant springs to mind

Then you just have obvious top guys like Robbo!!!

1-1.

Difficult game …they will be fighting for every ball and told to win their individual battle etc.  we need to be up for this from the get go. 

27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

6-3 all over it.

One of these days, this result is actually going to happen, and you're going to walking around like this for weeks:

wwe-vince-mc-mahon.gif

:lol:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

One of these days, this result is actually going to happen, and you're going to walking around like this for weeks:

wwe-vince-mc-mahon.gif

:lol:

😄

Almost happened v Ayr in the championship!

Holloways time at Grimsby is an interesting read.

Never forget he was all agreed to be Hearts manager before the league blocked it as he was missing some badges. We got Csaba and he went to Blackpool and took the to the EPL. 🤣