• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

Gino's suspended, right? Chance to see Humps and Shanks together, with Shankland up top, please. Can't believe I'm about to suggest a side without Stephen Kingsley in it, but I'd go with:

Clark

Hill

Sibbick

Rowles

Smith

Snodric

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Humphrys

Shankland

Subs: Stewart, Kingsley, Atkinson, Halliday, Kio, Grant, Forrest, Kuol, Oda

They’re really struggling particularly at home, so let’s not give them any encouragement. We went there twice last season and were bullied both times.

Need to be on it from the very start.

16 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Gino's suspended, right? Chance to see Humps and Shanks together, with Shankland up top, please. Can't believe I'm about to suggest a side without Stephen Kingsley in it, but I'd go with:

Clark

Hill

Sibbick

Rowles

Smith

Snodric

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Humphrys

Shankland

swap Mckay for  Kuol

I don't think playing Humps and Shanks together is good. Humps can really change the game form the bench, so why risk losing that threat by starting both? I think Kuol could probably come right in for Gino. 

Zander

Hill Sibbick Rowles

Smith Snodgrass Devlin Cochrane

Kuol Shankland McKay

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They could have sacked their manager by the time we play them. Awful league record for months and losing to Raith in the cup. 

Manager gets the boot and a bounce back win in the next game a story we’ve seen many times before.  Would hope we’ve got the character and the quality to avoid that though. 

Just now, Squirt said:

Manager gets the boot and a bounce back win in the next game a story we’ve seen many times before.  Would hope we’ve got the character and the quality to avoid that though. 

They play St Mirren at Fir Park on Wednesday before we go there next weekend. 

8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

They play St Mirren at Fir Park on Wednesday before we go there next weekend. 

In that case, let’s hope St Mirren don’t have the character and the quality and get beat. Then we’ll bring Motherwell back down to earth at the weekend.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They could have sacked their manager by the time we play them. Awful league record for months and losing to Raith in the cup. 

they have sacked him

6 minutes ago, Masonic said:

they have sacked him

Saw that. Never expected it to be so soon after I posted that. Their form has been awful. 

Edited by GinRummy

18 hours ago, Pingu said:

Clark

Hill

Sibbick

Rowles

Smith

Snodric

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Humphrys

Shankland

This is the team. Our squad really is ridiculous these days. Picking the bench once Halks, Beni and Boyce are fit will be tough. Will have good players not making the match day squad. 

16 hours ago, Marvin said:

Yeah he deserves a start. Probably start Kio too.

Newcastle won’t be too happy with us if he doesn’t play enough 

pettigrewsstylist

Kuol will, short term, continue to come off bench IMO.

Motherwell at rock bottom. Hope they dont get anything on Wed to "lift them"

I never want Liedoon to win so that is a concession.

Fir park not a happy hunting ground for us historically but can see us doing something next week.

The calls to drop McKay made sense to me a few weeks ago but his form has been good the last few.

While not knowing what training looks like of course, I’d start him.

Sort of game we should be going out and using as a marker after our wee mini wobble against Livi and Rangers . Dundee United and Hamilton victories since then and this would cement our return to form in results . Motherwell are not a great side and we should be able to put out a settled team and be too strong for them , even away from home . Not to say we won’t lose or draw , but we will probably be favourites with the bookies 

48 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Sort of game we should be going out and using as a marker after our wee mini wobble against Livi and Rangers . Dundee United and Hamilton victories since then and this would cement our return to form in results . Motherwell are not a great side and we should be able to put out a settled team and be too strong for them , even away from home . Not to say we won’t lose or draw , but we will probably be favourites with the bookies 

Its an interesting time to catch them. Obviously they've just sacked their manager, so how that impacts them will be interesting. Hopefully bodes well for us. 

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Its an interesting time to catch them. Obviously they've just sacked their manager, so how that impacts them will be interesting. Hopefully bodes well for us. 

New manager bounce could be a factor of course but unlike United I do not see them as a team who have better players than their league position indicates . I think they are just quite a poor team , so I would hope that even if they really go for it to try and impress a new guy , we should have far too much for them 

Motherwell have been pretty honking. 

They will be punting long balls at our box when they get it and hoping for a break. They have very little goal threat aside from Van Veen. They have only scored 12 open play goals all season. 

They are also very poor at defending in wide positions and give away a lot of fouls around the box. 

We will want to make sure we don’t let Van Veen bully us - and make sure we are disciplined not giving fouls away that allow them to play balls into the box. 

Do this, and I fancy us to win by a couple of goals. 

Ricardo Quaresma

We beat them 3-0 there last time and we'll beat them again

If they want their new manager bounce they can have it on Wednesday against the liedowns

Honeymoon over, then soundly beaten by us again on their own patch

6 hours ago, OTT said:

Beware the wounded animal…

Oh great, we play a team in trouble, what could possibly go wrong. 

0-5 or Robbie oot.

Edited by ri Alban

Geoff Kilpatrick

2-1

Shankland and Kuol

Clark - Sibbick, Rowles, Kingsley - Smith, Devlin, Snodgrass, Cochrane - Humphrys, Shankland, McKay

6 hours ago, connlach said:

Only just realised this is Sunday which is helpful as out on the lash Saturday afternoon 

Why is this on Sunday actually 

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Midweek fixture for Motherwell.

No. Check the post above yours for the correct answer.

30 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Live on Sky 👍🏼

19 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Midweek fixture for Motherwell.

Thank you lads . Are both of these correct ? We seem to be on TV quite a lot , not that I am complaining though , as it is great when I can not make away games very often and it does not seem to be negatively affecting our turn out 

I am confident we can wrap up the 3 points here.  Only caveat is the bounce teams often get first game after manager is sacked.  

I am confident we can wrap up the 3 points here.  Only caveat is the bounce teams often get first game after manager is sacked.  

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Well that would be ideal - their next game is St Mirren. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

Well that would be ideal - their next game is St Mirren. 

Great!  Hadn't spotted their midweek game.  

3 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Great!  Hadn't spotted their midweek game.  

Gives us a chance to see what shape the caretaker is using, which could be helpful. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

Gives us a chance to see what shape the caretaker is using, which could be helpful. 

Do you think it will be tricky for him to make significant changes to tactics? A midweek game followed by a Sunday game doesn't leave much time to work at it.

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do you think it will be tricky for him to make significant changes to tactics? A midweek game followed by a Sunday game doesn't leave much time to work at it.

Yeah, I know what you mean- but we don’t change our shape significantly. Would think it would more be about getting a first read and a few snippets for the pre-game video sessions - not like we will need to drill a new shape out on the reading field. 

They equally will not have had loads of time to work on anything new. Three simple instructions would be about the maximum you would think a caretaker might put in for the first few games. Gives us a chance to try to spot one or two of them and feed it in to individual player assignments. 

Next 2 games are huge for securing 3rd, as we have a difficult run after the next 2 games - Celtic (A), Aberdeen (A), Killie (A), St Mirren (H) and Hibs (A). 

If we get 6 points in the next 2 games, then we can go into this run of fixtures with confidence, and hopefully a quarter final win in between Celtic and Aberdeen game. Depending on Cup draw, I'd be tempted to put out the reserves away to Celtic. 

Anyway, I think this Motherwell team are that poor that there wont be a much of a managerial bounce, maybe a point on Wednesday against St Mirren, and then a comfortable win for us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Next 2 games are huge for securing 3rd, as we have a difficult run after the next 2 games - Celtic (A), Aberdeen (A), Killie (A), St Mirren (H) and Hibs (A). 

If we get 6 points in the next 2 games, then we can go into this run of fixtures with confidence, and hopefully a quarter final win in between Celtic and Aberdeen game. Depending on Cup draw, I'd be tempted to put out the reserves away to Celtic. 

Anyway, I think this Motherwell team are that poor that there wont be a much of a managerial bounce, maybe a point on Wednesday against St Mirren, and then a comfortable win for us. 

Id forgotten their midweek game, think that helps us in 2 ways. the initial reaction/bounce will be over, and of course they will have less time to prepare for ourselves. Fancy a win for us on Sunday, next game against St Johnstone, win these 2, Parkhead will not be too important in the grand scheme

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I realise I misread your post first time - I think there will only be a few small changes in approach- but would expect few to systems given the tight turnarounds. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Team on a winless run and we rock up into town.

I've seen this movie before.

Such a negative viewpoint. 

Put your trust in Bob.

Two nil away win. 

On 11/02/2023 at 14:00, Pingu said:

Clark

Hill

Sibbick

Rowles

Smith

Snodric

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Humphrys

Shankland

To be fair Kingsley has been honking recently.