• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What question, there you go again with 3rd 3rd 3rd beaten at home by a crap Killie team in the League Cup, light years behind 2nd in the League, so let’s see if Neilson gets his tactics right for the rest of the season and get some decent performances in like beating Celtic in the Scottish Cup at Tyne.

YARN | What a very fair test that is. | Blackadder (1982) - S01E05  Witchsmeller Pursuivant | Video clips by quotes | fcc2bfa7 | 紗

7 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Why were we not ready for it?

If I knew that I'd have a career managing football, wouldn't I? All I can say is it's on the manager, the coaching staff, and the captain to make that happen and they didn't. It wasn't tactics that got us done, it was just faceplants all over the pitch. "Don't let the big huddies push you around" isn't something that should need explained to our defenders.

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

YARN | What a very fair test that is. | Blackadder (1982) - S01E05  Witchsmeller Pursuivant | Video clips by quotes | fcc2bfa7 | 紗

Guess beating Kilmarnock at home in the league cup is a fairer test.

One that Robbie Neilson failed mate. 

Just now, Nelly Terraces said:

Guess beating Kilmarnock at home in the league cup is a fairer test.

One that Robbie Neilson failed mate. 

not really. 

my point is that Mitch is already priming the veins in his forehead to throb-tastic levels if - and probably likely - we lose to celtic in the cup. A game we're not favourites to win.

Thankfully, we have people running the club who prefer to judge the manager on a longer period of time and matches.

strange that we have 2,500 on the waiting list for season tickets. 

gorgierulesapply88
18 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

not really. 

my point is that Mitch is already priming the veins in his forehead to throb-tastic levels if - and probably likely - we lose to celtic in the cup. A game we're not favourites to win.

Thankfully, we have people running the club who prefer to judge the manager on a longer period of time and matches.

There's a feel good factor due to the players that Savage has managed to bring to the club. Not for the show our manager gets our players to put on!

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, PapaShango said:

We were poor yesterday no doubt about it and it's been coming for a few weeks. We got away with it against Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and St Mirren by being clinical but yesterday after a bright first 10 minutes we fell way off it. We seem to play everything through Snodgrass, it's like the players are programmed to give him the ball regardless and it means we look for no other option. Our passing was sloppy, defending cross balls honking and no outfield player would get pass marks. The second goal straight from kick off killed the game for us, we huffed and puffed but never looked like scoring. 

We have had a good habit of bouncing back from defeats, just got to hope the same happens here. He definitely needs to consider other options though, McKay looks like he's play 5 a side footy, his drop off in form is alarming and he needs taken out the team. Also can we please play Shankland in the number 9 role, he's our most clinical finisher and is wasted anywhere else on the pitch. 

Got away with it v Aberdeen. 4 nil up at half time, 5 nil win, hit post and had others cleared off line and still you can't say we played well.

One shit performance yesterday and the knives are out.

Malinga the Swinga
24 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

not really. 

You can feel the hope, no desperation is better, building in some, not you, that Celtic beat us in cup.

So called Hearts supporters who would rather we lose, just because of who is our manager.

It's pathetic childlike behaviour, more fitting to the vermin from Easter Road, to exhibit yet some on here do so with pride.

5 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

There's a feel good factor due to the players that Savage has managed to bring to the club. Not for the show our manager gets our players to put on!

you sure it's not a feel good factor at beating hibs twice, aberdeen, dundee utd, ross county away, st johnston away, etc etc  3rd in the league, 3rd stop scorers in the league, a striker who's burst Robbo's goals in a season record already and fingers crossed more european football next season? 

incredibly, most teams lose games during a whole season - and sometimes when they lose, they perform terribly. 

I'd say overall, the 2,500 on the waiting list can see the bigger / longer term picture.

gorgierulesapply88
10 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

you sure it's not a feel good factor at beating hibs twice, aberdeen, dundee utd, ross county away, st johnston away, etc etc  3rd in the league, 3rd stop scorers in the league, a striker who's burst Robbo's goals in a season record already and fingers crossed more european football next season? 

incredibly, most teams lose games during a whole season - and sometimes when they lose, they perform terribly. 

I'd say overall, the 2,500 on the waiting list can see the bigger / longer term picture.

This striker you speak of is playing centre mid of late..

8 games we've lost, the same at this point last season. There's been no improvement.

We beat Aberdeen, and by all means we weren't great which says more about how bad Aberdeen was than us. Then skudded at home by Rangers, Kuol centre mid Shankland Centre mid. The gaffer is clueless.

1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

This striker you speak of is playing centre mid of late..

8 games we've lost, the same at this point last season. There's been no improvement.

We beat Aberdeen, and by all means we weren't great which says more about how bad Aberdeen was than us. Then skudded at home by Rangers, Kuol centre mid Shankland Centre mid. The gaffer is clueless.

shankland has also played out wide - contributing to our wins in January.

I'd need to faff about on the internet to check - but we were also 3rd at this point last season? If so, to improve do we need to be 2nd? or losing fewer but still being 3rd? The latter is of course the aim - and then beyond that to split the ugly sisters. We're on this path but it will take years and years of squad building to get there. Celtic had £20m on the BENCH v Aberdeen.

re: sevco, Neilsen (or any manager) is damned if they do or damned if they don't. Park the bus and try sneak a winner = defensive / no bottle. Put as many attack minded players in the team = clueless. The result is usually the same - we lose.

I would love it it we dominated teams, won every game 3-0 etc etc - but I guess my expectations are more measured. 

gorgierulesapply88
7 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

shankland has also played out wide - contributing to our wins in January.

I'd need to faff about on the internet to check - but we were also 3rd at this point last season? If so, to improve do we need to be 2nd? or losing fewer but still being 3rd? The latter is of course the aim - and then beyond that to split the ugly sisters. We're on this path but it will take years and years of squad building to get there. Celtic had £20m on the BENCH v Aberdeen.

re: sevco, Neilsen (or any manager) is damned if they do or damned if they don't. Park the bus and try sneak a winner = defensive / no bottle. Put as many attack minded players in the team = clueless. The result is usually the same - we lose.

I would love it it we dominated teams, won every game 3-0 etc etc - but I guess my expectations are more measured. 

To improve you need to perhaps has less draws, and less losses against every team below you. That'd be an improvement.

If it wasn't for VAR we'd have been skudded 6-7nil at home against Rangers. Another game the gaffer wasn't proactive in. Soon as Morelos scored, I was already thinking about the pub as it was to be one of they days.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I generally don't think there are any reasonable Hearts fans out  there that think we can realistically take 2nd (barring an another almighty scandal out west) anytime soon. But I don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to start to dominate the rest (yourself probably included), albeit I recognise that it will be a steady climb. 3.5K on ST waiting list probably attests to the positive expectations out there.

It terms of 'measured', again I don't think any fan expects us to go gung-ho, even against the lesser of the two OF teams but instead adopt a team set up to match and scrap, we do have the players imo. A couple of draws, maybe even a win while putting in a half decent performance would likely suffice, and be a measure of our progress (I'd take 4-6 points a season off them in a heart-beat), along of course with a better away receord vs the rest.

5 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

To improve you need to perhaps has less draws, and less losses against every team below you. That'd be an improvement.

If it wasn't for VAR we'd have been skudded 6-7nil at home against Rangers. Another game the gaffer wasn't proactive in. Soon as Morelos scored, I was already thinking about the pub as it was to be one of they days.

don't disagree - but thats not going to happen overnight.

if we had a miracle working manager able to split the OF now with this squad.....they wouldn't be here long. 

What could / should Neilsen have done to be more proactive during the game v sevco?

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

I generally don't think there are any reasonable Hearts fans out  there that think we can realistically take 2nd (barring an another almighty scandal out west) anytime soon. But I don't think it's unrealistic to expect us to start to dominate the rest (yourself probably included), albeit I recognise that it will be a steady climb. 3.5K on ST waiting list probably attests to the positive expectations out there.

It terms of 'measured', again I don't think any fan expects us to go gung-ho, even against the lesser of the two OF teams but instead adopt a team set up to match and scrap, we do have the players imo. A couple of draws, maybe even a win while putting in a half decent performance would likely suffice, and be a measure of our progress (I'd take 4-6 points a season off them in a heart-beat), along of course with a better away receord vs the rest.

apart from on here :)

I like your second para - as it reminds me of amateur golfers who say "if I could just take one less shot per hole......" - sounds straightforward, but then you wouldn't be an amateur golfer....

joking aside, it's a fine aspiration to have - puff the shoulders out and battle / grind your way to victory. We did that with 10 men v motherwell. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

gorgierulesapply88
2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

don't disagree - but thats not going to happen overnight.

if we had a miracle working manager able to split the OF now with this squad.....they wouldn't be here long. 

What could / should Neilsen have done to be more proactive during the game v sevco?

Newcastle are 4th in the EPL. Their squad isn't better than Chelsea' or Liverpools.

3 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

apart from on here :)

I like your second para - as it reminds me of amateur golfers who say "if I could just take one less shot per hole......" - sounds straightforward, but then you wouldn't be an amateur golfer....

joking aside, it's a fine aspiration to have - puff the shoulders out and battle / grind your way to victory. We did that with 10 men v motherwell. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Aye, probably but I suspect a few are on the wind-up, it's the internet afterall! :D

Thing I always found difficult about golf was the need to concentrate on every single shot; the stance, the conditions, the lie, the green, the bunker, the green, the swing, probably a few others but its been decades since I swung in mostly anger.

But, yes the attention to detail required to progress is essential, even in football, and especially vs the very best we come up against,

1 hour ago, ArcticJambo said:

I'm probably parsing this too narrowly but to me it's a little unreasonable, in that it's possible the owners Aberdeen and Hibs in particular may decide to inject cash into their sides to keep up with us. That said, I do think we can and should be slowly opening a wider gap between ourselves and the likes of Mirren, Livi, and so forth.

It's a bit like a cycling road race. There's the peloton of the SPFL, the stragglers that get dropped from it, and the lead group (the OF). Lead groups work because launching a chase from the peloton is really hard—it's very easy to get dragged back into it. But it's the only possibility you have to either win a race or at least get a time better than the peloton. We're trying to shake the peloton right now and launch a chase on the OF and clubs like Dons and Hibs (and to a lesser degree the sort of "tier 2B" clubs like Motherwell) are trying to keep us off the chase. I think we can do it but it's going to be very difficult, and if we do launch the "chase," it's possible that one or two other clubs go with us in breaking from the pack.

We need to aim to be third consistently, but for financial reasons, we also need to start winning our way out of European qualifiers into ECL group stages if we don't get the cup winner's invite.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Got away with it v Aberdeen. 4 nil up at half time, 5 nil win, hit post and had others cleared off line and still you can't say we played well.

One shit performance yesterday and the knives are out.

One shit performance? You forgetting Rangers, Livingston and Dundee Utd? We got off the hook against Dundee Utd, twice against St Mirren. It's not been good enough for a while. 

It's ok to stick up for Robbie but let's not pretend it's been one poor display. 

15 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Newcastle are 4th in the EPL. Their squad isn't better than Chelsea' or Liverpools.

a good observation - no question Howe is a very good manager. The £220m spent on the squad will have helped (but they have recruited wisely)

they're having a bit of a minor blip just now. Jan transfer window closed - be interesting to see where they finish at the end of the season

On 20/02/2023 at 07:52, Bazzas right boot said:

If it ever gets bad, he'll be replaced. 

We might never win a cup for a while. 

You aren't living in tbe present as currently we are 3rd and still in the cup.

You are living in alternative universe where hearts tie up 3rd with 10 games to go are winning lots of trophies and are close to the OF.

That reality doesn't exist and never has in the modern era.

You don't won't to talk about 3rd as it kills your nonsense dead, you don't want to talk about the past as it gives context to Hearts relative position in the Scottish game and our 3 cups in over 50 years.

You live in a fantasy world and seem to enjoy us being beat far too much. 

3rd is very important. 

Bobs league record blows everything you scream about out of the water and is why you'd rather ignore it.

You ignore the current squad that is saving Neilson’s ass by getting to 3rd despite his ability to make players worse by messing the players and the team about. It’s a wonder that he is still in a job because the backup he is provided with is the best funded resources ever for a Hearts manager. He has A Sporting Director, 2 Assistant Managers, Goalkeeping Coach, Football Development & Under 18s Manager, Head of Performance, Analyst, 2 Physios, Sports Scientist, Academy Coach, Academy Coaching Development Manager & A Head of Academy Performance. All thes people and more all helping Robbie Neilson to put a team on the pitch on a match day that plays to win and entertain our fantastic support that he is also provided with the best Training Facilities up at Riccarton and a Stadium for the Team & Staff that covers every need possible to suit their needs. Neilson has the players he just lacks how to put a team together that is most of all consistent, plays good football and gets the best out of the players. Too many time this and last season Hearts have been that bad in games that the support have been embarrassed & angry, now once in a blue moon that could be accepted but there has been too many times that we can remember. Motherwell last Sunday was by far not the worst Hearts have been in the past few years and that’s just how bad our team can be under this inadequate management of our team.

With the run of games we've got coming up, mostly away and 2 against Celtic,  he can't possibly go with a 2 man  midfield of Devlin and Snodgrass.  

Teams will just flood the midfield and get in about Snoddys touch. 

We need to start bossing the game and getting the ball up early to the final third instead of fannying about at the back till teams get organised in defence. 

Breaking quickly in transition is what we do best . 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

You ignore the current squad that is saving Neilson’s ass by getting to 3rd despite his ability to make players worse by messing the players and the team about. It’s a wonder that he is still in a job because the backup he is provided with is the best funded resources ever for a Hearts manager. He has A Sporting Director, 2 Assistant Managers, Goalkeeping Coach, Football Development & Under 18s Manager, Head of Performance, Analyst, 2 Physios, Sports Scientist, Academy Coach, Academy Coaching Development Manager & A Head of Academy Performance. All thes people and more all helping Robbie Neilson to put a team on the pitch on a match day that plays to win and entertain our fantastic support that he is also provided with the best Training Facilities up at Riccarton and a Stadium for the Team & Staff that covers every need possible to suit their needs. Neilson has the players he just lacks how to put a team together that is most of all consistent, plays good football and gets the best out of the players. Too many time this and last season Hearts have been that bad in games that the support have been embarrassed & angry, now once in a blue moon that could be accepted but there has been too many times that we can remember. Motherwell last Sunday was by far not the worst Hearts have been in the past few years and that’s just how bad our team can be under this inadequate management of our team.

Most of the players in the squad are  having thier best seasons ever under Bob and playing at the highest level they have, so no idea why you think the squad ( that he built) is saving his ass.

Should he sign shite players?

Your logic is flawed, Very flawed

It's not by far the worst Hearts have been in the last few years, you've made that up.

This is actuality best we've been doing since we finished 3rd last Season, which was under Bob and before that....yes you guessed it- Bob.

The only person that is embarrassed and angry is, and if that's the case maybe you should take a break from football as it might be doing your health bad.

On 23/02/2023 at 11:33, Bazzas right boot said:

Most of the players in the squad are  having thier best seasons ever under Bob and playing at the highest level they have, so no idea why you think the squad ( that he built) is saving his ass.

Should he sign shite players?

Your logic is flawed, Very flawed

It's not by far the worst Hearts have been in the last few years, you've made that up.

This is actuality best we've been doing since we finished 3rd last Season, which was under Bob and before that....yes you guessed it- Bob.

The only person that is embarrassed and angry is, and if that's the case maybe you should take a break from football as it might be doing your health bad.

You are just a hopeless cause that obviously thinks Neilson is the one to take Hearts forward when the reality is that he’s actually not improving the team or players he’s damaging them. What ever Neilson, Forrest & McCulloch do up at Riccarton it’s stale, no fresh ideas, nothing, same old same old and teams like Livingston and Motherwell have got Hearts system sussed out. There has been too many inexcusable performances this season and quite a few games when we’ve not played well and one but that was down to the opposition being crap. I read the FOH & Hearts Director saying the Hearts board have total confidence in Neilson, which I hope he’s not really thinking that and saying the opposite in the board room. 
I’ll leave it there for now and hope for a miracle at the St Johnstone game which we should win despite our management not being up to the job.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You are just a hopeless cause that obviously thinks Neilson is the one to take Hearts forward when the reality is that he’s actually not improving the team or players he’s damaging them. What ever Neilson, Forrest & McCulloch do up at Riccarton it’s stale, no fresh ideas, nothing, same old same old and teams like Livingston and Motherwell have got Hearts system sussed out. There has been too many inexcusable performances this season and quite a few games when we’ve not played well and one but that was down to the opposition being crap. I read the FOH & Hearts Director saying the Hearts board have total confidence in Neilson, which I hope he’s not really thinking that and saying the opposite in the board room. 
I’ll leave it there for now and hope for a miracle at the St Johnstone game which we should win despite our management not being up to the job.

pSbZMhL_d.jpeg

Horatio Caine
On 23/02/2023 at 10:07, mitch41 said:

Serious question Mitch - what would be your line up and formation if you were Head Coach? (Using the players we have available atm)

22 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Until you show your true colours Mitch nobody here takes you seriously.

As an ex-player you should realise the influence you could have over the support. As you remain anonymous you're just portraying yourself as a disgruntled slaver.

Come clean.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

As an ex-player you should realise the influence you could have over the support. As you remain anonymous you're just portraying yourself as a disgruntled slaver.

Come clean.

Tam Mcmanus is my guess. 

The have the same style in writing.

15 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Come clean.

So I have to prove to you I’m a real true Hearts supporter. Is that what you want.

Born, Area, First game, First hero, First supporters club, First time on telly, First cup final, Texaco away games, First time lifted, Best games, Heartbreak games, Shareholding (small), FOH from the start, Season Ticket holder, Where I sit, Present Supporters club, My Jambos tattoo, My 4 Kids team, my Drinking mates and if you really want to check out my record as a manager / player I recon we can meet up in my supporters club in Gorgie Road before a game and the drinks will be on me. Mitch

Edited by mitch41

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So I have to prove to you I’m a real true Hearts supporter. Is that what you want.

Born, Area, First game, First hero, First supporters club, First time on telly, First cup final, Texaco away games, First time lifted, Best games, Heartbreak games, Shareholding (small), FOH from the start, Season Ticket holder, Where I sit, Present Supporters club, My Jambos tattoo, My 4 Kids team, my Drinking mates and if you really want to check out my record as a manager / player I recon we can meet up in my supporters club in Gorgie Road before a game and the drinks will be on me. Mitch

Oh and at the moment I’m watching our next opponents, St Johnstone, to look at what they’re like just like Neilson and his Coach’s should be doing.

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

A name will do fine, it will give you some credibility and you might find your ramblings may actually get some respect from posters instead of the ridicule you currently get.

10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Don't indulge him. He should've been launched after his first few posts.

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

A name will do fine, it will give you some credibility and you might find your ramblings may actually get some respect from posters instead of the ridicule you currently get.

Gordon Mitchell the tattoo by the way is.       100%Jambo

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh and at the moment I’m watching our next opponents, St Johnstone, to look at what they’re like just like Neilson and his Coach’s should be doing.

Be sure to email your insights and thoughts to them.

( explain them clearly,  I hear Lee can't converse about complex tactics)

They'll appreciate the input from such a well balanced and coherent mind.

2 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Don't indulge him. He should've been launched after his first few posts.

Launched ?  like a ship HMS Heart of Midlothian 

33 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Gordon Mitchell the tattoo by the way is.       100%Jambo

I can vouch for you Mitch (not that you need it). Jambo through and through for many many years than we care to remember. 

24 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

I can vouch for you Mitch (not that you need it). Jambo through and through for many many years than we care to remember. 

Thank you my wee pal.