*** Motherwell v Hearts Official Match Day Thread ***

Masonic

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Holloways time at Grimsby is an interesting read.

Never forget he was all agreed to be Hearts manager before the league blocked it as he was missing some badges. We got Csaba and he went to Blackpool and took the to the EPL. 🤣

Ive never heard that, he wouldn’t have lasted long under Vlad. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ive never heard that, he wouldn’t have lasted long under Vlad. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jul/09/hearts.scottishpremierleague

There is a few articles from the time, I can't find any to say that it was a done deal but pretty sure I remember that from when it was happening. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

There is a few articles from the time, I can't find any to say that it was a done deal but pretty sure I remember that from when it was happening. 

Sounds legit, had some success but working under Vlad he wouldve had some problems 😆

Edited by Pasquale for King

16 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

"I hope we get out of Brexit, because that’s what we all voted for, and sort that out, because you cannot have someone telling us how to do our own game.”

Yup, I seriously doubt he'll be managing in Scotland after that nonsense.

I dont know how he doesnt kill him self putting his socks on each morning . What a total moron 😄 

23 hours ago, DC_92 said:

Van Veen has scored 0 goals against us. 

23 hours ago, Sleepy head said:

Neither has Van Basten.

Has van Nesbit ever scored a derby goal? 😎

On 16/02/2023 at 13:02, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hopefully Van Veen doesnt pass fitness test. He will trouble us  

On 16/02/2023 at 13:52, Mac80 said:

No he wont

Is Van Veen crocked?

If so, then they are in deep doo doo.

21 hours ago, Sooks said:

Van Veen spends his nights sitting in his Wishaw flat in a Hearts top praying for Savage to call 

... whilst sticking pins into his Shankland voodoo doll.

Screenshot_20230218_140124_Google.jpg

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Is Van Veen crocked?

If so, then they are in deep doo doo.

Went off with niggle midweek i heard. We will find out tomm i guess.

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Went off with niggle midweek i heard. We will find out tomm i guess.

As per us, they'll be playing their cards close to their chest.

Hopefully, we'll have tactics to deal with it either way.

For them, it could make all the difference between 'going for it', or 'sitting in'.

If the former, then bring it on.

If the latter, then it's up to us to unpick their defence.

2 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Vlad was correct about "local footballing mafia"  it was same top flight coaches swapping around different clubs

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As per us, they'll be playing their cards close to their chest.

Hopefully, we'll have tactics to deal with it either way.

For them, it could make all the difference between 'going for it', or 'sitting in'.

If the former, then bring it on.

If the latter, then it's up to us to unpick their defence.

Hopefully we can combat their "belief".

If Motherwell believe really hard I dunno how we'll counter it.

If they combine " huvin a go" and believe really hard we're goosed. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They're gonna get pumped. End of. 😁

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not sure if you have had few 🤷‍♂️but that doesn’t make sense to me ! apologies if I’m missing something.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, One five said:

Not sure if you have had few 🤷‍♂️but that doesn’t make sense to me ! apologies if I’m missing something.

It's a shout out to the posters that think the issue for us v the OF is we don't believe enough.

I'm concerned Motherwell might believe more than us.

:toasting:is for dark o clock.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's a shout out to the posters that think the issue for us v the OF is we don't believe enough.

👍

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

🍺🍺

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Why are you always wide?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, One five said:

👍

As usual he has no idea about how much belief, alongside other thing’s obvious, plays a part in any sport.
All because we don’t look like his boy Bob has instilled the belief we can beat Rangers especially. 

Pasquale for King

Hope the stupid early KO doesn't hamper our usual prep, not sure training indoors help get ready for one of the most exposed surfaces in the league. 

38B83CA7-E18F-43F1-BECF-2F8CE9A9C787.jpeg

4 hours ago, Chevy Chase said:

Don ****in Robertson.

Just **** off.

Will have to play well with that in charge. it just gives you the fear. Such a shame that the **** wants to find reasons to **** us over.

Hoping Shankland has one of his special days. Maybe another for Humphrys.

They've had a lift from midweek, folk to impress, fresh start. Not going to be easy but rarely is there.

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe if we all believe really hard that your posts are amusing it might actually turn out to be true one day.

gorgierulesapply88

Going with missus and 2 bairns do I need to create account with them or login with my Hearts ID? Ready to purchase pished. 🤣

Edited by gorgierulesapply88

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hope the stupid early KO doesn't hamper our usual prep, not sure training indoors help get ready for one of the most exposed surfaces in the league. 

That forecast is bollocks.  At 6 degrees there can't be snow or ice.  Pretty damn miserable - I'll grant you that.

As usual he has no idea about how much belief, alongside other thing’s obvious, plays a part in any sport.
All because we don’t look like his boy Bob has instilled the belief we can beat Rangers especially. 

Hibs fans probably think that if they just start believing really really hard they'll be on a par with us, that it's our belief that wins us derbies.

But we all know that the reason we had belief going into the January games, was that we're a good bit better than them in all departments.

Sometimes belief can make that extra bit of difference, but more often it's quality that does it.

1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Going with missus and 2 bairns do I need to create account with them or login with my Hearts ID? Ready to purchase pished. 🤣

You have to create an account using the link that Hearts put on our twitter page. Or just buy at the ground tomorrow which Motherwell have posted on their website;

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2023/02/17/next-up-hearts-10/

'Away supporters can purchase tickets in the Tommy McLean stand from the ticket booth up until kick-off (cash and card available)'

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is their pitch not pretty good now?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JayTeeJnr said:

Maybe if we all believe really hard that your posts are amusing it might actually turn out to be true one day.

You believe what you want.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Why are you always wide?

It's not being " wide".

It's  pointing out the obvious flaw in a argument that has been used to explain why Hearts can't compete with the OF.

If some posters  believe " belief" and " havin a go" will help us compete with the OF then the same logic applies to a team like Motherwell when competing with Hearts.

Sometimes when one looks in the mirror  they don't like what is reflected back.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

The Black Prince
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Had so much grief with that...

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

That forecast is bollocks.  At 6 degrees there can't be snow or ice.  Pretty damn miserable - I'll grant you that.

I think it’s until eight when it gets warmer, I’m sure ive questioned your detective skills before H 😜
The wind will be a problem. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Is their pitch not pretty good now?

The breeze on the open surface will cause problems, as it has a few times there. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Hibs fans probably think that if they just start believing really really hard they'll be on a par with us, that it's our belief that wins us derbies.

But we all know that the reason we had belief going into the January games, was that we're a good bit better than them in all departments.

Sometimes belief can make that extra bit of difference, but more often it's quality that does it.

Of course, but how many of our ex players have said how much they believed that Hibs couldn't beat us, they also believed they couldn’t win

against us.
It plays a part, obviously not all of the story but it’s required to beat better teams. 

I think we're going to win. The Hibs win yesterday will act as a bit of a motivator. 

No doubt Motherwell will have a bit of a new manager bounce, but confident in Robbie and the guys to do the job!

Of course, but how many of our ex players have said how much they believed that Hibs couldn't beat us, they also believed they couldn’t win

against us.
It plays a part, obviously not all of the story but it’s required to beat better teams. 

One of their ex players said exactly the same thing just over a month ago on live TV. Everyone present agreed. everyone watching agreed.

Hibernian. St Mirren Livingston and possibly Aberdeen will slug it out for 4th, but it’s the undercard. None of them will finish within 10 points of us.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Hibernian. St Mirren Livingston and possibly Aberdeen will slug it out for 4th, but it’s the undercard. None of them will finish within 10 points of us.

And one of those will finish outside the top 6, sheep currently look favourites for a bottom half finish.

At least one Motherwell fan thinks they will be thrashed, and is extremely complimentary when speaking of Hearts.

A post from their forum.

Can’t see us getting anything from this one I’m afraid. Hearts are by far and away the third best side in the league and are as strong as they have been in years.

The squad they have boasts an embarrassment of riches with a tough, combative midfield, strong defence and goalkeeper and goals throughout the team.

In Lawrence Shankland they have an absolutely lethal No.9 and the likes of Humphrys, Ginnelly and McKay contribute goals as well. Robert

Snodgrass has been instrumental for them this season and you can see why we were keen to land him in August as he is a top player.

I would imagine they will bring a good support as they have been travelling in huge numbers of late.

Motherwell 1-5 Hearts

7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not being " wide".

It's  pointing out the obvious flaw in a argument that has been used to explain why Hearts can't compete with the OF.

If some posters  believe " belief" and " havin a go" will help us compete with the OF then the same logic applies to a team like Motherwell when competing with Hearts.

Sometimes when one looks in the mirror  they don't like what is reflected back.

The world of football is bigger than “belief” and “having a go”, but the latter is the starting point.  How do you think a football team works?  Do players go into training not being honed on a winning mentality at Hearts? is it just turn up and accept second best and don’t bother working towards competing with the best?

Some things can be misinterpreted. I think when people say “having a go” it doesn’t mean cavalry charge. It means being positive as you can with the tools you’ve got. There’s absolutely no point in playing (on the basis of ambition) if you don’t have a drive to at least improve performances v the Old Firm and a lot of that comes from what the team is bred on. Over a season?  Not close yet, may never be, but on the day at home? We should be better.  

In this world today people overrate football. It’s now a coaching culture, possession football, over strategised, over egged with tactics….but the old cliches’ will remain, old fundamentals will remain and remain important. 

Edited by Debut 4

16 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Robbie or Bob as you call him certainly disagrees with your assertion that belief and believing are nonsense. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/robbie-neilson-hearts-keep-believing-25258260.amp

Arsene Wenger knew it’s importance….

https://arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/unbelievable-belief/amp/

26 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Robbie or Bob as you call him certainly disagrees with your assertion that belief and believing are nonsense. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/robbie-neilson-hearts-keep-believing-25258260.amp

Arsene Wenger knew it’s importance….

https://arsenal.vitalfootball.co.uk/unbelievable-belief/amp/

Is his point not that the teams we play might also have "belief"?