HIbs are actually Falling Apart

Spookie

Hibs financies have been decent over last few years and their ST sales have held up this year as well so I don't see them being in any significant financial trouble all of a sudden.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Guess he'd still be around the place and could fall out with himself in the mirror!  Not sure the root, but was told there's been a fallout.  Funny thing for me is that I'd assumed McGeady would have been one of Lee's few own signings.

Aye he's a *****. 

Remember that interview with Hibs when he first signed and he was going on about how some of the reasons he signed is because he's always had an affiliation with them because they play in green and white and he's a Celtic fan, and that Hibernian is the old Roman name for Ireland 😂 

Roaster.

I'd love for it to be true but I just can't see them imploding in a financial sense.

I'd be creasing myself if it is all true though 😂

Football wise, with less than a week of the transfer window left and Porteous & Nisbett likely to leave, Rocky out for a while (depending on injury severity), Boyle out for the season, their star scandinavian striker pumped out on loan and if the rumour about Cadden is true they are gonna be sliding down the table very quickly. I don't see how they replace their "star" players in such a short time without overpaying for dross or panic loan signings. Which to me sounds absolutely sweet!

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If they have any sense, their squad was around the 30 mark at the beginning of this month with little actually quality. 
As long as there’s no hidden in plain sight clauses where you have to buy players like Rocky if they play a certain amount of games 🤪.

What’s mental is that he’s one of their better recent signings. If you dont count the returning Boyle, only McGeady is a better signing. You could make a case for Marshall and Youan I suppose.

Some state to be in. 

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Saturday is going to be interesting  - getting pumped by Aberdeen might just be the last straw for Ron Gordon.  I’d be worried if I was them. With rights over their real estate, if he pulls the pin on them, they’re sunk.  Going to make a point of listening to Sportsound on Saturday with a large bowl of popcorn.

The classic that is El Sackio !!

4 minutes ago, Hansel said:

FB_IMG_1674648233506.jpg

Going to be interesting to see which set of players want their manager sacked the most. Penalties, own goals and red cards!

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

**** that, I'll remember how they tried to end us, writing letters to the Lithuanian administrator while cheered on by the rest of the little maggots.

They deserve this to happen slowly, death by a thousand derby defeats

The letters were written by a #obo loser fan. More a claim to fame than anything else.

Demotion came directly from the club. Voted to end the season early and gave up on their own club moving up the league and making more money. Absolute loser mentality.

Not sure how much of a financial mess they are in but as a club they haven't a clue.

Bringing in an average player (Jeggo) and throwing him in to the derby is prime Romanov and should have alarm bells ringing all over easter road. They could lose Nisbet and Porteous for a sum of money that will go nowhere near rejuvenating that team...and would anyone trust Johnson with that cash anyway?

Meanwhile, across the city...:sweeet:

AllyjamboDerbyshire
16 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Not surprised but just unsure of how there could have been a bust up when he wasn't even fit or able to play. Just curious!

Not suggesting there is any truth in the rumour (nor doubting BigO's word) but it's perfectly feasible for a player to fall out with the manager while injured, especially if the manager has made a suggestion that the injured player is maybe not trying to get back to playing as quickly as he'd like (I'm sure McGeady is a wise enough old head to take a couple of weeks longer in recovery to ensure his injury is fully clear rather than to take a risk of coming back too soon). And we know that Wee Lee is inclined to use the kind of words that are likely to upset even the thickest skinned of football players.

John Gentleman
14 hours ago, Australis said:

The wee team filth are not in a good place.

But the best part is, they all seem as happy as wee pigs in sh**e and are quite happy to accept it all 

Stockholm Syndrome.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

Wee Lee will be rushing out to sign him! Who does he play for, and is he as good as Rocky or Porteous?

The Apprentice

A bit disappointed by Brian McLauchin's use of words on Rocky's injury at the weekend on the latest BBC article on the bid for Nisbet...

However, Hibs are waiting for the results of tests on Bushiri after the Belgian-born defender was carried off during Sunday's Scottish Cup defeat after a challenge by Heart of Midlothian midfielder Cammy Devlin.

Rocky tried to wipe out Devlin and injured himself in the process.  If anything if was a challenge by him on Cammy, not the other way around!  

henrysmithsgloves
3 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

A bit disappointed by Brian McLauchin's use of words on Rocky's injury at the weekend on the latest BBC article on the bid for Nisbet...

However, Hibs are waiting for the results of tests on Bushiri after the Belgian-born defender was carried off during Sunday's Scottish Cup defeat after a challenge by Heart of Midlothian midfielder Cammy Devlin.

Rocky tried to wipe out Devlin and injured himself in the process.  If anything if was a challenge by him on Cammy, not the other way around!  

He hibsit that tackle on wee Cammy🤣

Drylaw Hearts
17 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

Suprised Johnson hast played his hidden gem so far..They fought off so many top clubs to sign him as well ..His son !!!

Hibs signed Jamie McAllisters son.

John Gentleman
13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Ron Gordon has completely mis-read Scottish football and the Scottish club football supporter.

He firmly believes that the Scottish supporter will behave like his American counterpart going to a NFL game.

1. He doesn't get that we are not franchises, and that Scottish football clubs were born out of the communities of the cities and towns they reside in.

2. He has totally disregarded the history of Hibernian, and the history of their rivalry with us Heart of Midlothian that is now nigh on 150 years old.

Hearts were playing Hibs a mere 10 years after the American civil war ended.

3. Scottish football supporters do not treat their game as a family day out as the same as going to the zoo or the movies. We have no inclination to hold tailgate parties in a car park, and spend all our money on the club premises.

We prefer our time in the pubs around the community that our clubs are in.

The Diggers, Tynecastle Arms, Stratfield, Shandon etc. They are our watering holes. We support them, as they have supported us.

Ron would rather the pubs around ER were not there, and the same with the local eateries.

4. Most importantly he has not grasped that Scottish football is tribal. That the one thing that makes the Scottish football supporters match day experience, is their team winning above all else. This is the thing Ron Gordon does not get at all, and will never get.

We at Heart of Midlothian do. LOUD AND CLEAR.

Great post John...

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Apparently McGeady doesn't speak to Johnson any more.  basically told him, play me every week, I'll be your best player, but don't speak to me.  It's broken.  The whole thing.

I wonder if the players hoped Lee would get the tin-tac, let's face it they've got rid of plenty managers in the past, that dressing room, and have been told he's going nowhere which hasnt gone down too well.

To be fair, they were shite but not short of effort on Sunday, so that doesn't point to disharmony but you don't hear this much stuff without a grain of truth.

The stuff about Johnson not going in to the changing room after the defeats, not sure what i think.  He says it's a normal management technique and Mourinho, Fergy etc have done it plenty, let the players thrash it out.  But if it isn't delivered properly, ie you just don't show up!, then that's different from "right, I'm locking you phannies in for an hour, work it out, speak freely and I'll be expecting some fight from you when I next see you."  Does he have the minerals (or as he'd put it, the gravitas) to deliver this message?  It's all management from a book.  You need to be able to learn it AND deliver it, though.

Mourinho, Fergy, Johnson - spot the odd one out?!!

Think it's probably less of an every week thing and more once a season 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Have they got an option on Youan?

Yes, they have an option to buy, according to the EEN. Just checked.

Screenshot_20230125_122846_Samsung Internet.jpg

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Yes, they have an option to buy, according to the EEN. Just checked.

Screenshot_20230125_122846_Samsung Internet.jpg

were they Lee aye

pacy winger who likes to run in circles but couldnt score in a brothel wi a ten foot tadger

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

You have forgotten Hibs magic ability of turning wine into water AKA ' Hibsing it'

Its another pure grey morning for them 

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

were they Lee aye

pacy winger who likes to run in circles but couldnt score in a brothel wi a ten foot tadger

IF , and that's a big if, he could be coached to deliver an end product he would be some player. IMO, of course.

5 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

How bad is the commentary 😄

Didn't get a meltdown from the main commentator this time, after he said we had nothing to be happy about when we put them out at Hampden. Could hear his dismay in the spaces before he commented on our 2nd and 3rd goals tho!

Lovell called the yellows for Shankland fairly though, think he's quite level-headed as a summariser. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Didn't get a meltdown from the main commentator this time, after he said we had nothing to be happy about when we put them out at Hampden. Could hear his dismay in the spaces before he commented on our 2nd and 3rd goals tho!

Lovell called the yellows for Shankland fairly though, think he's quite level-headed as a summariser. 

Yep noticed that, he obviously didn't think either were yellows and was happy to say so, fair enough.  And he's right.

I take it we've heard nowt about an appeal.  I was sure the rule had been changed that you could appeal a yellow if it was a second yellow which resulted in a red.  Kinda weird if you can't really.  I mean if  you can get a straight red overturned because you never made contact or whatever, then what's the difference, really?

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yep noticed that, he obviously didn't think either were yellows and was happy to say so, fair enough.  And he's right.

I take it we've heard nowt about an appeal.  I was sure the rule had been changed that you could appeal a yellow if it was a second yellow which resulted in a red.  Kinda weird if you can't really.  I mean if  you can get a straight red overturned because you never made contact or whatever, then what's the difference, really?

I totally agree with you re the 2 yellow card sending offs. Remember when we had (have?) a compliance officer? Pissed me off that they didn't review contentious decisions in the other direction and right some wrongs. That would have been a fair system. 

14 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Ron Gordon has completely mis-read Scottish football and the Scottish club football supporter.

He firmly believes that the Scottish supporter will behave like his American counterpart going to a NFL game.

1. He doesn't get that we are not franchises, and that Scottish football clubs were born out of the communities of the cities and towns they reside in.

2. He has totally disregarded the history of Hibernian, and the history of their rivalry with us Heart of Midlothian that is now nigh on 150 years old.

Hearts were playing Hibs a mere 10 years after the American civil war ended.

3. Scottish football supporters do not treat their game as a family day out as the same as going to the zoo or the movies. We have no inclination to hold tailgate parties in a car park, and spend all our money on the club premises.

We prefer our time in the pubs around the community that our clubs are in.

The Diggers, Tynecastle Arms, Stratfield, Shandon etc. They are our watering holes. We support them, as they have supported us.

Ron would rather the pubs around ER were not there, and the same with the local eateries.

4. Most importantly he has not grasped that Scottish football is tribal. That the one thing that makes the Scottish football supporters match day experience, is their team winning above all else. This is the thing Ron Gordon does not get at all, and will never get.

We at Heart of Midlothian do. LOUD AND CLEAR.

Spot on JF 👍

11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I totally agree with you re the 2 yellow card sending offs. Remember when we had (have?) a compliance officer? Pissed me off that they didn't review contentious decisions in the other direction and right some wrongs. That would have been a fair system. 

It remains the biggest anomaly in football, especially Scottish football.  I know all the hand ball VAR stuff is high profile, but then it's high profile so refs are in theory all over it.  But yellow cards?  Refs change from minute to minute, game to game and certainly team to team on what is and isn't a yellow.  Could say same about reds actually, but certainly yellows.

Put it this way - compare Cadden in the last derby and Shanks in this one.  Contrast and compare offences.  Cadden has 3 yellow cardable offences to choose from, Shanks has, well, erm, none.  One of them ends up suspended, the other not....

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not suggesting there is any truth in the rumour (nor doubting BigO's word) but it's perfectly feasible for a player to fall out with the manager while injured, especially if the manager has made a suggestion that the injured player is maybe not trying to get back to playing as quickly as he'd like (I'm sure McGeady is a wise enough old head to take a couple of weeks longer in recovery to ensure his injury is fully clear rather than to take a risk of coming back too soon). And we know that Wee Lee is inclined to use the kind of words that are likely to upset even the thickest skinned of football players.

Remember McGeady , Nisbet and few other out of favour players drinking inGlasgow West End when hibs were playing a game somewhere

I know it was before WeeLees time but I doubt it’s been the only time

1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

The letters were written by a #obo loser fan. More a claim to fame than anything else.

Demotion came directly from the club. Voted to end the season early and gave up on their own club moving up the league and making more money. Absolute loser mentality.

The letters were written by fans, and cheered to the rafters by the rest of their fans.

Voting to expel is a small deal by comparison.

56 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Its another pure grey morning for them 

It's a bit of a 'Maroon Sun Rising' morning for them (after a 'Bad Moon Rising' evening, you'll no doubt get the song reference).

But, never mind, all they have to do is to follow Leith's motto and 'Persevere'.

I always have a richt guid chuckle on the way past this:-

They will 'persevere'.

"No doubt about it" (get the music reference?)

Screenshot_20230125_133853_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

24 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The letters were written by fans, and cheered to the rafters by the rest of their fans.

Voting to expel is a small deal by comparison.

There were quite a number of letters and emails which held up the CVA.  I know guys who were close and it genuinely caused bother.  Wasn't just one guy or a couple of letters.

Your normal everyday Hibby turned during our admin.  Guys I know and have known all my life, my dad has known for 70 years type stuff, totally changed during our admin and it's broken them.  I don't think they realised how much they hate us, how much we've owned them until they saw the chance to kill us.  It brought out a real ugly side in them and many haven't recovered.

As I say, far from one guy.  The whole dynamic of the rivalry was changed as far as I'm concerned (I still know some good guys who are Hibbies btw, just saw the above in guys I didn't expect it from and they've harboured it too)

RustyRightPeg

Can’t see Porteous going if Nisbet does. Especially with the Rocky injury. 

Would euthanise their season. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

They're perfectly capable of doing that with both Porteous and Nisbet. 

:awful:

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Season tickets on sale shorty too 😂

Can you even imagine their marketing campaign?

I cannae wait for it.

if they top "This Is Our City", then I'll end myself.

The one with the two wee lassies is surely unsurmountable?

For anyone who missed it:-

https://fb.watch/igXRa0wHBa/

Edited by Wee Mikey

23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's a bit of a 'Maroon Sun Rising' morning for them (after a 'Bad Moon Rising' evening, you'll no doubt get the song reference).

But, never mind, all they have to do is to follow Leith's motto and 'Persevere'.

I always have a richt guid chuckle on the way past this:-

They will 'persevere'.

"No doubt about it" (get the music reference?)

Screenshot_20230125_133853_Gallery.jpg

😄 

As long as you got my one

21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

There were quite a number of letters and emails which held up the CVA.  I know guys who were close and it genuinely caused bother.  Wasn't just one guy or a couple of letters.

Your normal everyday Hibby turned during our admin.  Guys I know and have known all my life, my dad has known for 70 years type stuff, totally changed during our admin and it's broken them.  I don't think they realised how much they hate us, how much we've owned them until they saw the chance to kill us.  It brought out a real ugly side in them and many haven't recovered.

As I say, far from one guy.  The whole dynamic of the rivalry was changed as far as I'm concerned (I still know some good guys who are Hibbies btw, just saw the above in guys I didn't expect it from and they've harboured it too

:spoton:

27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

As I say, far from one guy.  The whole dynamic of the rivalry was changed as far as I'm concerned (I still know some good guys who are Hibbies btw, just saw the above in guys I didn't expect it from and they've harboured it too)

👍

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

What's the story with Rocky Bushiri.......... leg break.....?i

The whole thing stinks. The club are still trying to make out that they still don’t know whether or not it’s a break. Total BS!! A hi res scan takes minutes, is conclusive and can be done privately immediately if necessary.

I posted on Monday that if it’s bad, Hibs need to sign a CB quickly, especially as Portoloo is leaving. They will already have had targets in mind. The owning clubs would up their selling price if they know that Bushiri is crocked. Which all, points to him being out for a long time.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You couldn't make it up. 😁

Check out their "This Is Our City" vid:-

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/2021-22-season-tickets-on-sale-now

Ps ... only H1b5 could post a vid of empty pubs, empty streets, and an empty stadium to market STs.

They (H1b5) are very, very funny; and I seriously think that we really must have 5th columnists deeply embedded in their set-up.

Agent Lee is doing a fine job thus far.

He's driving them in the right direction and is trying his very best to top this fella:-

Screenshot_20230125_130852_Gallery.jpg

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, WageThief said:

What’s mental is that he’s one of their better recent signings. If you dont count the returning Boyle, only McGeady is a better signing. You could make a case for Marshall and Youan I suppose.

Some state to be in. 

Yeah which shows how bad they are 😂

Thing is with Hibs better players, is they are decent at best. Nisbet, Youan, Cadden and Porteous have all got something about them, but clear to see why they're not playing at a better level. Granted Nisbet and Porteous might get a chance, but I can't see them ever really hitting the heights.

Cadden is one player I've said I'd maybe take at Hearts as I still think right back is perhaps our weakest position, but is he a huge improvement on Smith or Atkinson? No.

Just now, WorldChampions1902 said:

The whole thing stinks. The club are still trying to make out that they still don’t know whether or not it’s a break. Total BS!! A hi res scan takes minutes, is conclusive and can be done privately immediately if necessary.

I posted on Monday that if itks bad, Hibs need to sign a CB quickly, especially as Portoloo is leaving. They will already have had targets in mind. The owning clubs would up their selling price if they know that Bushiri is crocked. Which all, points to him being out for a long time.

maybe Ron wants to sell Portaloo first to get the cash in then tell the zombie masses, oh btw, Rocky is out for the season,if only I had known I’d never have taken the cash for portaloo 

also, if they sell him and shitsbet, the team won’t see a penny I bet

RIP Hibs  

2 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Great post John...

It's not a coincidence that the 3 clubs in the biggest mess- Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee U- are all owned by North Americans...for the reasons John Findlay so clearly sets out.

Edited by Wilson

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Both of them want to leave. It'll absolutely destroy the dressing room if their best players decide to down tools. Nisbet already had a transfer request denied.