HIbs are actually Falling Apart

Spookie

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The thing is that this isn’t a recent development but as usual their pals in the media have gone easy on them. 
16 managers so far this century. That’s ridiculous. 

Consider the difference in media coverage of that with the coverage Hearts got when Romanov was in charge.

One thing is for sure. If Hibs are relying on their fans to put their hands in their own pockets to save their club, instead of relying on some rich guy to front up with the money, then they are done for.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Sooks

• Pasquale for King

• RobNox

🎵

Once upon a time, you were playing so-so, 

But now you're only falling apart, 

There's nothing you can do, 

A total eclipse by the Hearts! 

🎵

[Bonnie Tyler] 

They shitey tramps are in a death spiral.

Can't get enough interest or cash from fans to become fan owned.

Can't find anyone willing to even make an offer for the club.

They're totally reliant on their current owner, who doesn't give a shite.

A Manager who lives in an alternate reality.

Players recruited from the YLT and who throw gang signs on official club social media posts.

They're a joke.

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

Consider the difference in media coverage of that with the coverage Hearts got when Romanov was in charge.

One thing is for sure. If Hibs are relying on their fans to put their hands in their own pockets to save their club, instead of relying on some rich guy to front up with the money, then they are done for.

Bill Leckie has stepped out of line with this piece. Truth bombs all over it. 
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10103440/hibs-basket-case-club-crisis-leckie/

1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I read up til 2024 and all apart from Nesbitt and Youan (if they can even afford to buy him) are honking and need to go if they want to improve. Even Nesbitt is at risk of going on a free if they have a shite end to the season, don't get the bids they want in the summer and keep him til this time next year, he can then sign on a free or at least speak to other clubs. I actually think he would do well at hearts but don't think it can happen now. They are where we were 3/4 years ago but without the plan, the money or the management. Shame 😂

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

I read up til 2024 and all apart from Nesbitt and Youan (if they can even afford to buy him) are honking and need to go if they want to improve. Even Nesbitt is at risk of going on a free if they have a shite end to the season, don't get the bids they want in the summer and keep him til this time next year, he can then sign on a free or at least speak to other clubs. I actually think he would do well at hearts but don't think it can happen now. They are where we were 3/4 years ago but without the plan, the money or the management. Shame 😂

Melkerson 2026

Mckirdy 2025 

- Jeezo!

37 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

They need a full reboot tbh, squads rotten from top to bottom and theres an unbelievably soft underbelly right through the whole club, not one of their players is better than their Hearts counterpart right now. They are us circa 2019. The problem is though, would you trust the hibs backroom with handling such a rebuild?

Worrying times and more misery ahead for our neighbours I feel, bring it on.

No, no, you don't understand. Position by position, all of their players are better than all of ours and the only reason that we're getting better results is that we're cheats.

39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ron Gordon has completely mis-read Scottish football and the Scottish club football supporter.

He firmly believes that the Scottish supporter will behave like his American counterpart going to a NFL game.

1. He doesn't get that we are not franchises, and that Scottish football clubs were born out of the communities of the cities and towns they reside in.

2. He has totally disregarded the history of Hibernian, and the history of their rivalry with us Heart of Midlothian that is now nigh on 150 years old.

Hearts were playing Hibs a mere 10 years after the American civil war ended.

3. Scottish football supporters do not treat their game as a family day out as the same as going to the zoo or the movies. We have no inclination to hold tailgate parties in a car park, and spend all our money on the club premises.

We prefer our time in the pubs around the community that our clubs are in.

The Diggers, Tynecastle Arms, Stratfield, Shandon etc. They are our watering holes. We support them, as they have supported us.

Ron would rather the pubs around ER were not there, and the same with the local eateries.

4. Most importantly he has not grasped that Scottish football is tribal. That the one thing that makes the Scottish football supporters match day experience, is their team winning above all else. This is the thing Ron Gordon does not get at all, and will never get.

We at Heart of Midlothian do. LOUD AND CLEAR.

Hey John.  I hope that's a fairly accurate assessment.  Even more importantly, I hope he sticks to his guns😍

Ronald Villiers

I didnae think that lot could fall apart any more.  Ron's bound to be looking to get out after their latest piss poor results.  The San Giro will be a Homebase store in 5 years. 🤞

23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10103440/hibs-basket-case-club-crisis-leckie/

Very good article.  For a change, the media are not fawning all over Hibs. 

"Let’s not mess about here. Hibs are — and have been for a long, long, long time — a basket case of a club."

12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Melkerson 2026

Mckirdy 2025 

- Jeezo!

Is banjo boy Henderson not 2025 anaw?   🤣

PhoenixHearts

If I'm Nisbet I'm desperate to get off that sinking ship ASAP.

We take the piss because he plays for them but he's not a bad player. He has international ambitions and he's still young enough to make something of his career if he lands in the right environment with the facilities to properly support his development.

As it stands he's treading water with his career going nowhere. Hibs is a footballing purgatory.

If he stays he'll almost definitely fall out of Steve Clarke's view while the likes of Shankland, Che Adams and Ross Stewart at Sunderland go from strength to strength.

I'd be demanding a transfer this window.

I *almost* feel sorry for him.

gordon simpson

the pod cast longbangers is outstanding listening 2 slavering hobos , sounding like the are ready to throw the towel in love it 

57 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Ron Gordon has completely mis-read Scottish football and the Scottish club football supporter.

He firmly believes that the Scottish supporter will behave like his American counterpart going to a NFL game.

1. He doesn't get that we are not franchises, and that Scottish football clubs were born out of the communities of the cities and towns they reside in.

2. He has totally disregarded the history of Hibernian, and the history of their rivalry with us Heart of Midlothian that is now nigh on 150 years old.

3. Scottish football supporters do not treat their game as a family day out as the same as going to the zoo or the movies. We have no inclination to hold tailgate parties in a car park, and spend all our money on the club premises.

The Diggers, Tynecastle Arms, Stratfield, Shandon etc. They are our watering holes. We support them, as they have supported us.

Ron would rather the pubs around ER were not there, and the same with the local eateries.

4. Most importantly he has not grasped that Scottish football is tribal. That the one thing that makes the Scottish football supporters match day experience, is their team winning above all else. This is the thing Ron Gordon does not get at all, and will never get.

Very good summation John.

Just a couple of examples.....

He thought our being demoted to the Championship would benefit them because a chunk of our supporters would switch allegiance.

He criticised their motto 'Persevere' not understanding that it happens to also be the motto of Leith.

37 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

🎵

🎵

[Bonnie Tyler] 

Like it! Don’t know about the “so so” bit, and I’d be singing “you’re totally eclipsed by the Hearts”, but all in all, great idea 😂

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

He thought our being demoted to the Championship would benefit them because a chunk of our supporters would switch allegiance.

He criticised their motto 'Persevere' not understanding that it happens to also be the motto of Leith.

Beat me to it. Was going to reply the same to John re the first point you made. 

In fairness I kinda understand where he comes from with the second point but as you say it is the Leith motto. Does give off the air of perennial ****ing losers though. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

He really must want rid of Hibs.

He must view them as an emotional,  financial and time drain.

Even their own fans do!

44 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very good reading, though I would pull Leckie up on one point...

Johnson, intelligent and articulate and positive-thinking as he is, has had a nightmare.

12 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

the pod cast longbangers is outstanding listening 2 slavering hobos , sounding like the are ready to throw the towel in love it 

Down the Slope is also a fun watch on Youtube, although to be fair those guys are under no illusion about where their club is at and don't try and hide behind excuses for why they are doing so badly while we are miles ahead of them.

scott herbertson
14 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Like it! Don’t know about the “so so” bit, and I’d be singing “you’re totally eclipsed by the Hearts”, but all in all, great idea 😂

I agree - I thought nae/no bad instead of so -so  but totally eclipsed by the hearts works well

People like MacGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson and Gray are still employed as a reward for their loyalty. A noble sentiment except when you are haemorenging money and are in the entertainment industry and nobody wants to see your finished product. Glorious 

1 hour ago, Ski Nae said:

🎵

🎵

[Bonnie Tyler] 

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree - I thought nae/no bad instead of so -so  but totally eclipsed by the hearts works well

You’ve nailed it with “no bad” I think! 

Quality idea from Ski Nae!

🎵

Once upon a time you were playing no bad, 

Now you’re only falling apart.

There’s nothing you can do!

You're totally eclipsed by the Hearts!!

🎵

Hibs falling apart started when they were taken over by Duff, then taken over as a community service by Farmer, who had no interest in football. 

They improved a lot when Leanne Dempster came in, fortunately Ron Gordon did not realise her abilities and encouraged her out, since then it's been down down down.

They must be due an AGM soon surely

That would be fun to see 😝

Edit. - Just checked and they had one last February so anytime soon possibly

Edited by JAYEL

Better call Saul

Would love another Ron Gordon Teams call with the same lads that were on it previously,  talking about a great new canteen won't cut it this time. 

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

This thread is very funny, but who the **** is Freddie supposed to be? 

I’d just like to know what happened to that horses coak Coonster. 
He’s awfy quiet these days😀🤣

I love a wee bit of Peter Green, so I do.

Come OAN, stadium announcer!

Exit track the next time the Hobos empty out of Tynie after a good seeing to:-

Peter Green, 'Fallin' Apart'

🎶🎵🎶

Cause i'm falling apart, 'cause i'm leaving with a broken heart
Yes, i'm falling apart, i'm leaving with a broken heart
Heading for another town, one that will not bring me down
Speeding down the railway track, i wish that i were turning back
But i'm falling apart, i'm making up a brand new start
Yes, i'm falling apart, i'm leaving with a broken heart

🎶🎵🎶

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Good post, John.

36 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

They must be due an AGM soon surely

That would be fun to see 😝

Edit. - Just checked and they had one last February so anytime soon possibly

That means we should be seeing their accounts for last year fairly soon, could be interesting reading.

Just now, RobNox said:

That means we should be seeing their accounts for last year fairly soon, could be interesting reading.

I have a funny feeling that there will be a strange relationship between reported attendances and match day income.

31 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’d just like to know what happened to that horses coak Coonster. 
He’s awfy quiet these days😀🤣

Still knocks about on twitter I think. He's just a harmless troll. 

32 minutes ago, Better call Saul said:

Would love another Ron Gordon Teams call with the same lads that were on it previously,  talking about a great new canteen won't cut it this time. 

That was comedy gold last year.  They challenged him about recruitment and he said he thought their recruitment was going well.  You could see from their faces that they were all thinking WTF, but none of them had the balls to call him out.

No way he's doing another call with them, especially as he's now basically admitted that they've got it wrong hence the intention to appoint a DoF.

It will be interesting to see how that works in practice, as the Head of Recruitment should report into the DoF.  What happens if the DoF decides the Head of Recruitment isn't up to the job and needs to be replaced?

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I have a funny feeling that there will be a strange relationship between reported attendances and match day income.

You may be right.  If you need proof that they are making the numbers up, just look at the cup derby attendance, which was more or less in line with the reported attendance for their home game against United the previous week (around 18,500 in round number terms).

If they really had 18,500 against United, and United will bring 500 fans at most, then there were at least 18,000 Hibs fans at that game. For the derby Hearts got 3,500 tickets, which means only 15,000 Hibs fans bought tickets (that's ignoring any Hearts fans who bought tickets for the home end).

Surely a cup derby is a much bigger game than a league match against United.  So why wasn't it a sell out?  It would appear that at least 3,000 Hibs fans who supposedly attended the United game couldn't be arsed buying tickets for the cup derby.

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You may be right.  If you need proof that they are making the numbers up, just look at the cup derby attendance, which was more or less in line with the reported attendance for their home game against United the previous week (around 18,500 in round number terms).

If they really had 18,500 against United, and United will bring 500 fans at most, then there were at least 18,000 Hibs fans at that game. For the derby Hearts got 3,500 tickets, which means only 15,000 Hibs fans bought tickets (that's ignoring any Hearts fans who bought tickets for the home end).

Surely a cup derby is a much bigger game than a league match against United.  So why wasn't it a sell out?  It would appear that at least 3,000 Hibs fans who supposedly attended the United game couldn't be arsed buying tickets for the cup derby.

You can't really compare Cup and League games though. Every ticket was bought. 

Obviously they are massaging their league attendances by giving tickets away and then counting them in the attendance. 

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You can't really compare Cup and League games though. Every ticket was bought. 

Obviously they are massaging their league attendances by giving tickets away and then counting them in the attendance. 

That was my point, their league attendances are inflated.  If there was genuinely 18,000 or more paying Hibs supporters at the United game, then surely they'd all be clamouring for tickets for the cup game, yet it appears they only sold 15,000 tickets to home supporters.  Where were the missing 3,000 supporters?

Maybe there are really 3,000 of them who were sensible enough to avoid the almost inevitable pumping we were going to hand to them.  Alternatively, and most likely, that 3,000 supporters didn't really exist.  

4 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That was my point, their league attendances are inflated.  If there was genuinely 18,000 or more paying Hibs supporters at the United game, then surely they'd all be clamouring for tickets for the cup game, yet it appears they only sold 15,000 tickets to home supporters.  Where were the missing 3,000 supporters?

Maybe there are really 3,000 of them who were sensible enough to avoid the almost inevitable pumping we were going to hand to them.  Alternatively, and most likely, that 3,000 supporters didn't really exist.  

You only have to look at the first minute of these highlights to see that there is absolutely no way that the attendance for the match v Dun U was anything like the derby attendance.

in the opening seconds the sparseness in the away end is clear and, as the camera follows the action, the empty seats in the home stands is plain to see.

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You only have to look at the first minute of these highlights to see that there is absolutely no way that the attendance for the match v Dun U was anything like the derby attendance.

in the opening seconds the sparseness in the away end is clear and, as the camera follows the action, the empty seats in the home stands is plain to see.

Ps ... between 3 mins 30 secs and 4 mins 10 secs (H1b5' 2nd goal) the camera picks up more empty seats than you could shake a stick at).

***WARNING***

The sight of McKirdy just prior to that might make you boak.

***WARNING***

5 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yeah, it's obvious.  I know they'll count ST holders as attendees whether or not they turn up (as all clubs do), but they sold about 11k STs this season, so a home attendance of 18k would mean 7k walk up sales.  If that was the case, then a huge chunk of ST holders must have stayed away to explain the large gaps.

That doesn't make any sense, if there are say 3k disillusioned ST holders who've already paid for their seats but can't be arsed attending, why would another 7k fans actually pay to witness the torture.  It has to be down to them dishing out free tickets and adding that to their attendance, whether or not the poor kids turn up.

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Ps ... between 3 mins 30 secs and 4 mins 10 secs (H1b5' 2nd goal) the camera picks up more empty seats than you could shake a stick at).

***WARNING***

The sight of McKirdy just prior to that might make you boak.

***WARNING***

It just occurred to me that maybe Hibs reported numbers are actually genuine and that it's just thousands of them wearing their empty seat costumes

13 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It just occurred to me that maybe Hibs reported numbers are actually genuine and that it's just thousands of them wearing their empty seat costumes

There's always one who doesn't get the memo and spoils the illusion.

Screenshot_20230125_020501_Google.jpg

HeartsandonlyHearts

I’ll remember our demotion for many more years to come.

**** them. I hope they go lower than a snakes belly.

Karma doesn’t screw around.

A relegation party on April 15 would be the ultimate GIRFUYHB.