*** Official Livingston v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

4 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

We need to stop playing passes across our back 5 on this pitch with Livingston playing a high press. If we can keep a clean sheet we’ll win the game but if we let them score first it’ll be a long afternoon.

Hearts to win 0-1 

That's exactly why we do play passes across the back 5. Getting Snodgrass or McKay in space, that's the key. And if we do that we'll open them up every time. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Marvin

• ri Alban

26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's about time we took a tumble, it's been a great little run and funny laughing at Hibs on every thread, but every dog has its day and I suspect our bubble will pop today.

Bring back the moaning.

Did you actually post this?

8 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

We need to stop playing passes across our back 5 on this pitch with Livingston playing a high press. If we can keep a clean sheet we’ll win the game but if we let them score first it’ll be a long afternoon.

Hearts to win 0-1 

This was discussed a few weeks ago. It builds good play but we’re going to get caught out the odd time was (I think) the conclusion. Hibs game aside we have mixed it up a wee bit more recently with a few more long balls. 

Edited by GinRummy

6 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Hearts to win 0-1 

Playing passes across the back is how we force teams to come out thus creating space. I don't like the idea of abandoning that.

Of course the passing can be better, crisper, quicker and we can look to move forward earlier if space appears but to change to a long ball game would play right into their hands IMO.

Tough game today. I think we’ll make a couple of changes.

I have a hunch that Grant might come in for McKay and Kingsley to come in for Cochrane who has looked a little tired recently. 

1-0 Hearts. 

This is probably our hardest game in the league so far this season. The tram has lots of confidence just now and we have goals coming from all over the team. Think we will win this 1-0

Franksluckypants

Squad game these days, with much less of a difference between starters and substitutes!

Think it might well be the same winning team as per (unless required through injuries), utilising the full squad strength of the subs bench (60 min mark no doubt…).

Windy weather today so possession play, with more on the deck rather than going long that often.

An on form Snodgrass is absolutely fundamental to our play, if his aged knees can cope! McKay motm and instrumental in at least 2 of our 3 goals this afternoon.

20 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Hearts to win 0-1 

This worries me. We wont have time for our back line to play pass the parcel. Livi will be all over us with their ugly press. It is effective and we need to be aware of it. 

48 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

It's about time we took a tumble, it's been a great little run and funny laughing at Hibs on every thread, but every dog has its day and I suspect our bubble will pop today.

Bring back the moaning.

You are a happy soul really hopefully.

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This one for me was just pure quality and a real team goal , but the way McKay linked with the two players in the box and then took the goal was a joy to watch 

That is the sort of thing I like to go along to watch 

The one -two was beautiful. 

Left foot for first pass, then right foot.

Effortless. 

Then the finish!

August Landmesser
23 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Did you actually post this?

maybe Noah Kenneh hacked his account?

19 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

Playing passes across the back is how we force teams to come out thus creating space. I don't like the idea of abandoning that.

Of course the passing can be better, crisper, quicker and we can look to move forward earlier if space appears but to change to a long ball game would play right into their hands IMO.

We seem to be mixing things up a bit more now and playing the long ball more often for Gino etc.

Look at Michael Smith's goal, brilliant long ball from Sibbick.

It's not likely to be a scintillating game.  Both sides will get on top for spells.  The trick is to make and take that one chance,  maybe two,  during a spell of domination.  The game will probably be decided on one quality finish or assist that the other side couldn't manage.  

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We seem to be mixing things up a bit more now and playing the long ball more often for Gino etc.

Look at Michael Smith's goal, brilliant long ball from Sibbick.

That was a pass 😇.  I've nothing against that and like wise sensible balls down the channel to turn a defense make sense too. As you say its about mixing it up.

What I dislike it people just wanting to go route one all the time, groaning every time we pass side ways etc.

Can't lose an early goal here. Livi are a horrid team, and we'll be looking at 80+ minutes of time wasting if we do. 

Get the first goal and then we can manage the game. 

10 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Spare ticket available if anyone is looking. Cost £27, will take £20. Can meet outside ground.

Message if interested.

🙂

Gone now.

👍

Just now, Daveandal said:

That was a pass 😇.  I've nothing against that and like wise sensible balls down the channel to turn a defense make sense too. As you say its about mixing it up.

What I dislike it people just wanting to go route one all the time, groaning every time we pass side ways etc.

Route one has it's benefits maybe when you are late in a game and hanging on to a slender lead. Sometimes the best thing to do is play the ball long but to try and keep possession.

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Hearts to win 0-1 

Nah, we do not need to stop playing short passes.

That's ridiculous. 

Agree reference first goal.

1 hour ago, Forrest said:

Poor argument IMO. Every grass pitch is different too, depending on length of grass, dryness of soil, etc. Astro is truer too - you don't get divots in that. 

Happy to hear your opinion :)

41 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

This is where I'm at. For the first time in a long time we have a style of play and the longer we keep with it, the better we'll get. 

It also helps any players coming into the squad/team to know exactly what to expect and what we want from them.

I'm eating my words as I'm not a fan of wingbacks and felt at the start of the year we were much worse whilst playing them but since the WC we've been class.

Just now, Ked said:

Next two games are harder than last two.

Let's see where we are as a team.

It's easy to say that now but Aberdeen came into that game off the back of a decent performance against The Rangers and an Edinburgh derby is never easy, particularly away.

8-0 over those two games is sensational.

Same again over the next two please 🇱🇻

Just now, DxB Hearts said:

It's easy to say that now but Aberdeen came into that game off the back of a decent performance against The Rangers and an Edinburgh derby is never easy, particularly away.

8-0 over those two games is sensational.

Same again over the next two please 🇱🇻

Definitely. 

Franksluckypants
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Next two games are harder than last two.

Let's see where we are as a team.

Third

53 minutes ago, DxB Hearts said:

That's exactly why we do play passes across the back 5. Getting Snodgrass or McKay in space, that's the key. And if we do that we'll open them up every time. 

It’s the pitch that worries me, not the tactic.

Jambof3tornado
39 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This worries me. We wont have time for our back line to play pass the parcel. Livi will be all over us with their ugly press. It is effective and we need to be aware of it. 

This,dicking about at the back will cost us. 

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Bring back the moaning.

image.png.c45434480ab4983a9e4e6c81f30250c8.png

Tough task at Livi. Avoid defeat and injury and I'll be happy with that. If we can get the win it's massive but avoiding defeat is a must imo.

No away team ever plays that well at Livi. Just do what we have to do and get three points. Won't be a game of flowing bootball but we should get the win

Think we’ll beat them comfortably. Yes they work hard but if we match their work rate we’ll have too much for them. 1-4

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This,dicking about at the back will cost us. 

If teams press,  dicking about at the back opens up space elsewhere and tires a team out.

48 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The one -two was beautiful. 

Left foot for first pass, then right foot.

Effortless. 

Then the finish!

Both outside of the boot

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If teams press,  dicking about at the back opens up space elsewhere and tires a team out.

It does but then you need a back line that are licketty split and precise. As much as I like our defenders, they are often closed down and passes are blocked. Dangerous. 

Plastic pitch. Livvy likely to flying into challenges and rough housing (as is their right) I’d drop McKay. He can be our best player but never seems up for the physical side.

Grant or Humphrey’s in his place. 

Just now, Leisham38 said:

Plastic pitch. Livvy likely to flying into challenges and rough housing (as is their right) I’d drop McKay. He can be our best player but never seems up for the physical side.

Think last weeks performance from McKay has opened up the chance to give Oda a start or get Grant back in. 

Just now, Leisham38 said:

Agree with this. Tough game 2-0 Hearts Cochrane and Shankland to score.

Takeshi kovac

We have had some cracking results over the last month without actually playing all that well which I guess is a good habit to have. Need to up the performance today on that pitch but fancy us to win by a couple of goals if we do

3 hours ago, SM8 said:

Does such a thing as a Hearts-friendly pub exist in Dundee? Please advise.

Avoid the usual City Centre ones because of the Celtic fans. 

The Kilted Kangaroo on the junction of Perth Road and Roseangle (just past the Uni) has lots of screens, and their food is cracking as well. Never had any issues in there before, and it's in the wrong direction to Tannadice for the great unwashed. 

Tinsmith on West Port also a safe enough bet, because the Uglies will be next door in Molly Malones (if they're up that way at all) 

Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

anyone know what the new he’sgoal is called ? Not gonna use it obviously just wondering 

Hesgoal tV