• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Marvin

• ri Alban

Captain Sausage

Would take a draw on their joke of a pitch. Keep the gap and unbeaten run going. 

For me, Kingsley in for either Hill (if injury from Sunday is still bothering him) or Cochrane (who had a rough time up against Youan). 

Grant in for McKay who has struggled a little bit in the last couple of weeks. 

Otherwise same again. Livi seem to be holding firm as the only credible challengers we have for third place.

Another big game for us, be great to keep the momentum going against a team who will be top 6.

Going for a very tight 1-0 win, someone coming off the bench to score a last min winner. Kuol or Grant. 

Wouldn't be deeply unhappy with a point here though. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Last time through there was arguably our worst performance of the season

Humphrys first game and missed and absolute sitter if I remember right. Think I had a good moan on here about Halliday and Devlin that day as well. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Would take a draw on their joke of a pitch. Keep the gap and unbeaten run going. 

For me, Kingsley in for either Hill (if injury from Sunday is still bothering him) or Cochrane (who had a rough time up against Youan). 

Otherwise same again. Livi seem to be holding firm as the only credible challengers we have for third place.

Agree Kingsley should start one way or another and that Grant should come in for McKay. Livvy play three in midfield and Grant is more likely to drop in and help Cammy and Snodgrass than McKay when needed.

I also wonder about Humps for Gino. I know Gino's been on great form but we have a big squad and we should use it to our advantage. Humphrys is due a start and I fancy him to score.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, poultry said:

Hearts beat Livi. H1b5 v sheep draw, jobs a good un. 🇱🇻

Sensible, but Aberdeen beating hibs after last night would be funny, really funny.

A point wouldn’t be bad at all, but we could really do with a win against this lot. They’re becoming an annoyance. The astroturf-coated turd that just won’t flush.

45 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Sensible, but Aberdeen beating hibs after last night would be funny, really funny.

Absolutely would, but I just want the gap extended on them all. 🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Any statos tell me the last time we failed to score in a game?

Feels like a long time ago?

Domestically from memory-

1-0 livi

2-0 celtic

1 -0, 4-0 Rangers

2-0 Aberdeen. 

And ofc killie in lc

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Any statos tell me the last time we failed to score in a game?

Feels like a long time ago?

9th November at Ibrox

We have dismissed our nearest rivals one by one in recent weeks. We just need to do it one more time and we're on easy street for 3rd IMO. This may be our hardest game since the World Cup though.

2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Last time through there was arguably our worst performance of the season

I thought we started quite brightly but did nothing after they scored. 

Horrible place against a shite but well organised team, would love a win but we seem to struggle in these types of games.

A bit like St Mirren,  hard working, very well coached team right now.   Whilst our results have been brilliant,  I would love to see a performance with more control in the middle of the park.    Horrible pitch to play on,  I think 1-1,  but hoping for a win.  

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Domestically from memory-

1-0 livi

2-0 celtic

1 -0, 4-0 Rangers

2-0 Aberdeen. 

And ofc killie in lc

He said “when”

These are the horrible games we need to find a way to win if we are going to get closer to the old firm in the next few years. 
They are well managed and well organised but have a squad cobbled together of journeymen of limited ability. 

Probably jinxing it now but we will most definitely score. Our defence looks a lot tougher these days which should give us a better chance (stating the obvious). 

We're are much more equipped to deal with these games now and I fancy us to get a result.

It'll be tough but I have confidence in this team to produce right now, even when not playing particularly well.

I fancy Humphrys, Grant and Kuol to start to freshen things up.

Livingston 1 - 2 Heart of Midlothian

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

He said “when”

I gave him more information than he asked for. 

The Rangers game was in my answer, it was answered.

I'm good that way, uhmmmmun unlike others who constantly post inane questions and post constant drivel while trying really  hard to constantly troll other posters. 

Beat Livingston and Celtic beat St Mirren , and it is pretty much all over bar the shouting . Hibs or Aberdeen or possibly both will fall a little further behind , and St Mirren and Livingston are our only real potential threats from the smaller clubs 

Apologies , I thought St Mirren were playing Celtic this weekend 

Edited by Sooks
Mixed up the fixtures

The Old Tolbooth

I'll take any sort of win on that god awful pitch that should be banned from our game, nothing against Livvy as a club, but please get that pitch replaced with proper grass ffs! 

4 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

I knew it wouldn’t be long before someone said ‘take a draw’ we need to change that mentality if we’re going to get closer to the OF and we’ve already got 4 or 5 posters taking the draw before we’ve even started

A draw at Livingston is and always will be and always has been 2 points dropped and a poor result

Where else do yous want to ‘take a draw’ Easter Rd ? Pittodrie? Perth ? Paisley ? Kilmarnock ? Dundee ? That’s a lot of dropped points right there

Edited by JimmyCant

Any win will do. I would start Grant in this one and maybe even play Atkinson at RWB if Hill is out and shift Smith over one. Kingsley for me has to come in as well, looks to me like Cochrane was struggling injury wise on Sunday after being turned by their player in the second half so may be best to rest him with that pitch in mind as well. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Time for us to stamp our authority at the macaroni. Been a tough place and pitch for us in the past and a sign of our progression would be to take 3 points. 

have a feeling we’ll win this time round

Livi one of the 3 teams we are yet to beat this season (Rangers & Celtic being the other 2).

Hard team to play against, particularly on that surface.  That being said, we are in a rich vein of form and are well placed to notch another win. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but a win would be huge in solidifying our position in 3rd, ahead of Rangers next week.

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Time for us to stamp our authority at the macaroni. Been a tough place and pitch for us in the past and a sign of our progression would be to take 3 points. 

have a feeling we’ll win this time round

i get what you are saying but we did take 3 points off them at the pasta palace last season so have progressed to an extent - but to win this time round considering they beat us last time would definitely be improvement!

This will be a tough game. Livi are the only team we haven't beaten this season (if you don't include the ass cheeks) Even a draw wouldn't be that bad imo. A bit like St Mirren away. 

My main worry is having to play on that surface and key players at risk of season ending injuries 😪 

Edited by Hansel

This game could be the hardest of our recent ones.

They will be dogged and that pitch is horrible. 

They are dangerous down the wings also.

Not sure if the big lad who terrorised us last time is injured though.

Got to get the first goal, they get it and we are trying to breakdown 11 in their box

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i get what you are saying but we did take 3 points off them at the pasta palace last season so have progressed to an extent - but to win this time round considering they beat us last time would definitely be improvement!

I was at that game and we were pretty poor in the first half. Gordon pulled off some heroics to keep us level at H/T. We played much better 2nd half and got the goal. I remember big Nando came on and missed a good chance too. 

Mind Woodburn being subbed early on because he was having a nightmare

Edited by Hansel

Go out with a plan to win the game of course.  A win for us puts a big dent in their challenge for 3rd.  But nobody should be under any illusions whatsoever that a draw is not a decent result.  They are decent,  well organised and bloody difficult opponents.  

Size of club,  support,  turnover does not win games vs stubbornly effective teams like them.

Really due a decent performance there and we really can’t be better placed to produce it. Going for a scrappy win but hopefully it’s a comfortable couple of goals win. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Official Livingston v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***