• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Marvin

• ri Alban

Jambof3tornado

Livvy will press us and work hard,we cant be dicking about with slow balls across the back line, I'd live to see Oda start and Mackay drop to the bench,Humphrys must start to give us an easy option long ball.

Not an easy game at all.

First half against Hibs wasn't great, although we do have subs that can influence the game, I wonder if the starting 11 maybe needs a little rotation to sharpen things up?

Kuol for McKay might be a positive change. 

I want to see Grant in for McKay. 

He might have one eye on Wednesday too so might see another couple of changes. Kingsley for Cochrane and Atkinson for Smith maybe.

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Tomorrow is huge IMO. A win would go a long way. Wednesday will take care of itself. 

To be fair the last five games were huge as well. 😄

LarrysRightFoot
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yep, but they are done. Lose tomorrow and it could potentially turn into a scrap for a bit for 3rd. Win and we should be well on our way. 

1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Anyone else bothered by the title word ‘official’ having a lower case o?! 🙃

Took to my bed for a couple of days after thread was started but I’m over it now. 

Hope he brings in Humphreys for McKay so we can go a bit more direct if they are pressing. We will get punished soon for slow sloppy passing.

Livi are another tough team to play against, we can't play the same way we did against St Mirren.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Official Livingston v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***
1 hour ago, Homme said:

I want to see Grant in for McKay. 

He might have one eye on Wednesday too so might see another couple of changes. Kingsley for Cochrane and Atkinson for Smith maybe.

Keep Atkinson away from the starting line up.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Dave, I'd go as far as to say that all of our upcoming games are 'massive'. 😉

Kingsley, Grant, Humphreys for Hill, Gino, McKay.

McKay needs dropped, Hill took a bang on the head in the last game so i fear he may miss out with concussion protocols, and I don't think this is the type of game for Gino, too physical.

4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Long ball game tomorrow. Need to turn them on that surface. 

Hope not, nigh on 50mph gusts tomorrow. Hellish conditions to be playing thise pricks in at their dump.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Kingsley, Grant, Humphreys for Hill, Gino, McKay.

McKay needs dropped, Hill took a bang on the head in the last game so i fear he may miss out with concussion protocols, and I don't think this is the type of game for Gino, too physical.

Definitely looked too physical for him as he lashed home the equaliser at Tynecastle 

Rest Smith, Cochrane, Gino and McKay with their pitch and Wednesday in mind.

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Atkinson Devlin Snodgrass Kingsley 

Kuol Shankland Humphrys 

Just now, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Kuol Shankland Humphrys 

Like the team, but don't think we can afford to rest players, need to be going at this with a full strength team. I think part of Martindales success is teams and managers underestimating him. Should be treating this like we're playing Hibs or Aberdeen IMO. They certainly will. 

Some patience required for this match.   The first goal could be crucial, I'm hoping we score first, they tend to have more losses when they lose the first goal.  I'm going for 0-2. 

I'll be there cheering the team on win lose or draw.   Looking forward to it.   

Big week ahead for the players and supporters.   Sunday, Wednesday and finally Saturday.  I'll have to pace myself or I'll lose my voice before Saturday. 

Good luck Jambos and come on the Hearts! :flag1:

bobby bombscare

My team for tomorrow:

Clark 

Hill sibbick rowles 

Atkinson.                      Cochran

Snodgrass

Devlin 

Kuol.       Shankland.     McKay

This saves Gino  and smith for the rangers game and gives Kuol a chance to show his stuff. McKay can play the full 90mins and be dropped for Wednesday because in the 2 years he has been here, he is still to provide anything of any worth against them. Posted missing every time we play them. 

In terms of subs, Kingsley on for one of our back 3, Halliday on for Cochran to keep him fresh and Humphreys on at 60 mins for Kuol to terrify a knackered livi defence. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Kuol Shankland Humphrys 

this game is more important than Wednesdays. Rest nobody. It’s a six pointer against the team below us.  

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

this game is more important than Wednesdays. Rest nobody. It’s a six pointer against the team below us.  

Correct. Win this and we are in a great position. 

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I agree

12 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

My only disagreement is that we shouldn't play anyone with lingering knee or ankle issues on that pitch. It's an important game, but not worth risking injury that could take someone out for months.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

3 games in 6 days and the plastic pitch might see some changes.

Snodgrass complained about having extra aches and pains after our last game there.

Also agree would be a good game for Humphrys to start, and we need to let Koul off the leash sometime soon. Last 30 mins or so might be perfect form him tomorrow.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Hope he brings in Humphreys for McKay so we can go a bit more direct if they are pressing. We will get punished soon for slow sloppy passing.

Livi are another tough team to play against, we can't play the same way we did against St Mirren.

Thank **** you don't pick the team.

As a matter of logic, how come that Livi's Gawd-awful pitch doesn't result in 90% of their players being crocked?

It's undoubtedly gash and you'd think that playing on it every other week would take its toll.

Just a thought.

Edited by Wee Mikey

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

As a matter of logic, how come that Livi's Gawd-awful pitch doesn't result in 90% of their players being crocked?

It's undoubtedly gash and you'd think that playing on it every other week would take its toll.

Just a thought.

Having played on one regularly before, you get used to it after a while. You realize what hurts when you do it and where it's actually a bit of an advantage for starting your run or for making a turn.

It's when you haven't played on it in a while that injuries happen.

This game is more important than sevco on Wednesday, we have no chance of catching sevco but getting clear of livi will almost cement 3rd imo. Take care of livi then look at Wednesday, which I think we can win btw. Same team as past couple of games for me, unless any forced changes. 

Any plans for a march from the Gorgie Ultras? Taking my daughter to her 1st away game (kind of, we stay in Livingston so almost a home match 😂) 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Clark

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Smith Devlin Snodgrass Cochrane

Shankland Ginnelly Kuol

2-1 to Hearts.

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Just a thought.

I think you answered your own question. 

If I go to the gym once every 2 months , I'll get severe DOMS. If I go 2 or 3 times a week, I won't. You get used to it and you'll find out what to do and what not to do.  

They'll be more confident on the surface as well. Other teams will be more wary and unsure, which could possibly lead to injury .

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I think you answered your own question. 

If I go to the gym once every 2 months , I'll get severe DOMS. If I go 2 or 3 times a week, I won't. You get used to it and you'll find out what to do and what not to do.  

They'll be more confident on the surface as well. Other teams will be more wary and unsure, which could possibly lead to injury .

I’ve always felt it’s an unfair advantage.   These plastic pitches simply play differently to grass.  Teams that have them can train on their match pitch as much as they want, and there just feels something unique about each one,  the way the ball bounces etc.    It’s bonkers to me that our top league doesn’t have a requirement for a grass or hybrid pitch.  Darvel pitch looked amazing and if you can’t survive as a professional club without a plastic pitch (think this has been part of the argument) ,  you shouldn’t be a professional club. 

Really tough game today.  Our results have been superb but performances not so much.  Can we keep being as clinical as last few games?    I think most likely outcome is a one all draw, but hoping we put in a strong performance where we dominate more further up the lurch, and spend more time in the final 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

I’ve always felt it’s an unfair advantage.   These plastic pitches simply play differently to grass.  Teams that have them can train on their match pitch as much as they want, and there just feels something unique about each one,  the way the ball bounces etc.    It’s bonkers to me that our top league doesn’t have a requirement for a grass or hybrid pitch.  Darvel pitch looked amazing and if you can’t survive as a professional club without a plastic pitch (think this has been part of the argument) ,  you shouldn’t be a professional club. 

Really tough game today.  Our results have been superb but performances not so much.  Can we keep being as clinical as last few games?    I think most likely outcome is a one all draw, but hoping we put in a strong performance where we dominate more further up the lurch, and spend more time in the final 3rd. 

Agreed. Shouldn’t be allowed all-plastic pitches in the top league. 
re today, I think this will be a really tough game - heart’s support will be great again as it has been on the road all season - I’d be delighted with any win. 
Listened to Martindale’s screaming performance in the dressing room online previously - classless wee flump in my opinion, but regardless, seems to know how to build and organise a team. 
I’d like to see us hammer these non entities on their own cheapo crappy carpet, but even if we scrape a one goal win I’ll still be happy