Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Marvin

• ri Alban

Ricardo Quaresma
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

Is that not a penalty then? 

I think VAR should have been used and it's enough for a pen, because it was a goal scoring opportunity prevented unfairly

It's not just a simple barge; the defender knew precisely what he was doing

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Still should probably have scored but that picture sheds some light on why he maybe didn’t.

All four Hearts players claimed for a penalty. 

19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Is that not a penalty then? 

Looks like one, as this is an angle they don’t have so they probably didn’t see it in the VAR booth. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Still photos aren't much worth. He was 'bumped', but even that photo looks outside the box.

Having said that ... a free kick anywhere else on the pitch? 🤔

It’s when the cross flashed past them in the box

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think VAR should have been used and it's enough for a pen, because it was a goal scoring opportunity prevented unfairly

Definitely but not sure they had enough camera to see it 🤦🏽

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yeah, its what I was thinking. Oda just missed the ball, and I think its down to the defender pulling his jersey. 

I wonder if we're going to struggle to get penalties because the refs have deemed us to have had too many? 

Appreciate the ref could have easily missed it, but is VAR not supposed to spot that sort of stuff?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely but not sure they had enough camera to see it 🤦🏽

The angles were bad, yes

Can't help but think the livvy players know this and they keep one eye on the refs position too; tramps

4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Look at the neckline on Oda’s jersey. Hard to tell from the photo how much leg contact there was but he’s definitely having his jersey pulled hard

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

The angles were bad, yes

Can't help but think the livvy players know this and they keep one eye on the refs position too; tramps

Quite possibly, he certainly got away with it 🤦🏽

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, its what I was thinking. Oda just missed the ball, and I think its down to the defender pulling his jersey. 

I wonder if we're going to struggle to get penalties because the refs have deemed us to have had too many? 

Appreciate the ref could have easily missed it, but is VAR not supposed to spot that sort of stuff?

It seems that could be a consideration but a pen's a pen

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Look at the neckline on Oda’s jersey. Hard to tell from the photo how much leg contact there was but he’s definitely having his jersey pulled hard

Absolutely and angles of view were bad; thought he shoved him when seeing it live, with the camera behind the action

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It seems that could be a consideration but a pen's a pen

By the letter of the law and outside factors like how many pens we've had shouldn't be considered. But our refs are piss weak and awful. It wouldn't surprise me if for us to get another penalty this season we're going to need it to be a stone waller. 

We had 3 right good goal-scoring chances, plus a good save from Humphreys' shot.

Such is life.

Wed v The Rangers should be epic.

❤️❤️G❤️

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, OTT said:

By the letter of the law and outside factors like how many pens we've had shouldn't be considered. But our refs are piss weak and awful. It wouldn't surprise me if for us to get another penalty this season we're going to need it to be a stone waller. 

We'll just have to keep an eye on it

i wish jj was my dad
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yes, let's move on ...

I felt sorry for the young lad sandwiched between two middle-aged knuckle-dragging slapheids who spent the entire game yelling out expletive laden abuse towards our own players and management whilst (typically) ignoring any opportunity for encouragement.

Trumpeting their ignorance with no self-awareness and shouting gems of wisdom like, "Kye, ya big cu*t", and, "Kio, yer fuc*in' shite" etc. etc. Thick as 4 short planks.

Mind you, with a 10 game unbeaten run including 2 x 3-0 victories over H1b5 whilst knocking them out of the 🏆 yet again, it's comforting for me to be educated that, "Neilson hasn't got a fuc*ing clue".

Away games, eh?

Did he have a 41 on his shirt? 

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Did he have a 41 on his shirt? 

You've lost me. 🤔

The wee lad was sporting a Hearts scarf, but the 'responsible adults' were showing no colours.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

You've lost me. 🤔

The wee lad was sporting a Hearts scarf, but the 'responsible adults' were showing no colours.

There is a 'responsible adult' who constantly has the pitchforks out. He sounds like the guy you describe. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
49 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I don’t remember if they VAR’d that one - it does look a pen but none of the replays shown on Sky made it look clear cut. 

I can understand it was missed - the dark arts played pretty well by Livi there.

Id be more outraged but we have been more than fairly dealt with by VAR so far this season.

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

There is a 'responsible adult' who constantly has the pitchforks out. He sounds like the guy you describe. 

It's true to say that some of our older supporters need to take a leaf out of our Young Team & The Gorgie who are having a hoot singing positive songs.

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's true to say that some of our older supporters need to take a leaf out of our Young Team & The Gorgie who are having a hoot singing positive songs.

Supporting the team. It shouldn't be too difficult, eh? 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t remember if they VAR’d that one - it does look a pen but none of the replays shown on Sky made it look clear cut. 

I can understand it was missed - the dark arts played pretty well by Livi there.

Id be more outraged but we have been more than fairly dealt with by VAR so far this season.

Have we though? The Rowles red & penalty was a bit too much, I reckon

Also, the large number of VAR decisions in our favour this season may simply reveal what's been going on v the diddy teams

Maybe they didn't try anything clever in their box v OF teams, because it was a high risk of giving them a pen, before VAR

Whereas against us, refs don't shit themselves to refuse us a pen, but VAR gives them no choice but to look into it and make the decision in our favour

11 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Supporting the team. It shouldn't be too difficult, eh? 

I sometimes wonder about that.

Just look at the Aaron blog from the 🏆 derby.

Compare that with auld gits frothing at the mouth at a mis-placed pass.

Our GORGIE are doing the biz.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Quite a hard to spot that as a penalty if we’re honest. Even VAR, with the cheap set up we’ve taken, wouldn’t always spot one like that.

I’m just glad the laddie has at least some excuse for missing the chance. Still should have scored IMO but at least there is mitigation. Oda is going to have to grow up fast and be made of strong stuff. He’ll have had his eyes opened up in 45 minutes so he’ll be better prepared next time. FFS give him an easier spell next time though 😀

Edited by JimmyCant

Pasquale for King
52 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Come to think of it, there's been a few occasions recently where VAR wasn't even looked at, hasn't there?

Yeah, last time we played them at Tynecastle we could've had three penalties. The refs would really be shown up if they corrected every mistake. 

AussieObserver

Shame that Kuol missed his big chance to score on the weekend. He does have plenty of promise, and I don't think the miss will dent his confidence too much. That said, he is also super raw and hasn't started many games at professional level. I wonder if this loan has come six months too soon, but hopefully that isn't the case for you guys.

21 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Will do - but how many starts did Henderson get?

Don’t know mate, you seem to be a fan of his - you tell me.

Edited by Thomaso

21 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Quite a hard to spot that as a penalty if we’re honest. Even VAR, with the cheap set up we’ve taken, wouldn’t always spot one like that.

I’m just glad the laddie has at least some excuse for missing the chance. Still should have scored IMO but at least there is mitigation. Oda is going to have to grow up fast and be made of strong stuff. He’ll have had his eyes opened up in 45 minutes so he’ll be better prepared next time. FFS give him an easier spell next time though 😀

I thought he should have scored too until I saw the photo showing he was clearly hampered by the Livy player.

I do agree with you that I would have thought his first start should have been at Tynecastle playing on a decent pitch.