*** Official Livingston v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Awkward pitch and a well drilled Livingston team, this will be a tough game but we should have enough in the tank. 2-0 Hearts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Marvin

• ri Alban

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Would love us to pick up the three points and set us up nicely for Rangers on Wednesday. Livi are a decent side tho and our only competition this season. Would take another 1-0 just like last season.

Livi home record this year;

Livi 1 - Rangers 2
Livi 2 - Hibs 1
Livi 1 - Dundee Utd 2
Livi 1 - Hearts 0
Livi 1 - Killie 0
Livi 0 - Ross County 1
Livi 1 - St Johnstone 0
Livi 0 - Celtic 3
Livi 2 - Aberdeen 1
Livi 1 - St Mirren 1
Livi 1 - Motherwell 1

5 Wins / 2 Draws / 4 Loss

I'd love to beat them and I see no reason why we can't. However, no team other than Celtic has given them a hiding at home.

If we walk away from this game with a draw, Aberdeen v Hibs a draw and St Mirren v Motherwell is a draw or Motherwell win I would accepting of it. Luckily we will know they results before our game.

I'd obviously prefer a win, I think we have good enough players to break Livi down. Another 3 points on the board before we face Rangers (any point against them is a bonus atm) will go a long way as Aberdeen play St Mirren on Wednesday and that could go any way, Hibs will probably beat Ross County and Livi will probably lose to Celtic.

1-0 to us. No injuries and ready to face that lot on Wednesday.

henrysmithsgloves

I'm not looking forward to this clog fest on a junkies carpet for a pitch... hopefully we don't pick up any injuries 🥺

Where do folk park for the game? Not been in the car since around 2005 but think I parked at the Designer Outlet. I'm assuming that's the closest you can get to the ground.

First time visit, is it one of those grounds where we sit anywhere in the away section or do folk usually go to their designated seats?

N Lincs Jambo

I’ll be watching on Sky. Heart says a win on Sunday followed by a long overdue win against the huns. Head says 4 points out of 6 keeps us bang on track for 3rd.

35 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

First time visit, is it one of those grounds where we sit anywhere in the away section or do folk usually go to their designated seats?

I'll be sitting in my designated seat I would imagine! 

Big game this, horrible place to go against a horrible team. 3 points and keep the momentum going while also putting a little more distance between us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Last game I watched there I think was the Celtic 3-0 win bar our game, didnt think the pitch looked as bad. Lets face it, its no prettier when they come to Tynecastle on a decent surface, its the style of play that is hard to watch/beat

3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Where do folk park for the game? Not been in the car since around 2005 but think I parked at the Designer Outlet. I'm assuming that's the closest you can get to the ground.

It's a safe option, reasonably priced and lots of spaces. WL College used to be an option but it's often got a barrier at the weekend.

If we can beat the rest, it will put Rangers and Celtic on the back foot. Then a full media attack comes a calling.

10 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Staying out here mate I'd say park wherever you like...pavement, grass verge, roads...nobody seems to give a ****. 

11 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Livi home record this year;

Livi 1 - Rangers 2
Livi 2 - Hibs 1
Livi 1 - Dundee Utd 2
Livi 1 - Hearts 0
Livi 1 - Killie 0
Livi 0 - Ross County 1
Livi 1 - St Johnstone 0
Livi 0 - Celtic 3
Livi 2 - Aberdeen 1
Livi 1 - St Mirren 1
Livi 1 - Motherwell 1

5 Wins / 2 Draws / 4 Loss

I'd love to beat them and I see no reason why we can't. However, no team other than Celtic has given them a hiding at home.

If we walk away from this game with a draw, Aberdeen v Hibs a draw and St Mirren v Motherwell is a draw or Motherwell win I would accepting of it. Luckily we will know they results before our game.

I'd obviously prefer a win, I think we have good enough players to break Livi down. Another 3 points on the board before we face Rangers (any point against them is a bonus atm) will go a long way as Aberdeen play St Mirren on Wednesday and that could go any way, Hibs will probably beat Ross County and Livi will probably lose to Celtic.

1-0 to us. No injuries and ready to face that lot on Wednesday.

On the other side, both Ross County and Dundee Utd have beaten them there.

It'll be tough, but we've started pulling results out of these games, home to Killie, away to St Johnstone.

That home record suggests to me they are most certainly beatable.

Budge and Nailson right oot the door if we don't.

Don't forget, we have a 5-0 to avenge.

Genuinely think we're in such a good place just now. We'll have by far a much bigger support than them on Sunday. Being confident I think we get an early goal and we're running out comfortably 3/4 - 0 winners. 

Pitch is a disgrace but fancy the new boys to get some game time and show their quality 

16 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I’d like to know this too 👍🏼

Will be a tough game. Few pints before I think. 
Wonder if Robbie may give a couple of others a chance. Don’t think Snodgrass likes these shite pitches for instance

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/half-price-off-peak-tickets

Might be handy for those going through.

Yeah, got the email the other day and used it this morning.  Nice one 👍👍👍 the code works for a month so handy for other trips as well (unless there’s a strike of course - like the rangers home midweek game for instance). Used it for the Dundee Utd home game as well

Edited by 1971fozzy

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

I’d like to know this too 👍🏼

Just park in the multi storey car park at designer outlet

think it’s 50p an hour and only a very short few minutes walk to the ground

Everything is in context.

If we were challenging for the league then yes a draw would be a bad result. But we aren't and to paint this game as closing the gap on the OF smacks a little of moving goal posts to have a go at Robbie. 

We have just had a run of very tricky games and come out of them in a great position. We've two more huge ones in the next week starting with Livi.

They might not be a slick outfit but the reality is they are 4th and a very stuffy team to play against. Add in the pitch and where it comes in our fixture schedule a draw would be ok.

A win would be great and should be treated as a good result. Not just meh.

5 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

If we were challenging for the league then yes a draw would be a bad result. But we aren't and to paint this game as closing the gap on the OF smacks a little of moving goal posts to have a go at Robbie. 

We have just had a run of very tricky games and come out of them in a great position. We've two more huge ones in the next week starting with Livi.

They might not be a slick outfit but the reality is they are 4th and a very stuffy team to play against. Add in the pitch and where it comes in our fixture schedule a draw would be ok.

Yip a draw isn't a disaster in any shape or form. A win for me all but seals 3rd place, I just couldn't see the sides below us picking up enough points or putting a run together. If anything the gap will only widen. Would be good to keep our run going and staying unbeaten. I don't think we are even playing as well as we can either, if it clicks we are a very good side with pace and power and will be difficult to play against. However we are also capable of being sloppy for periods in games that can come and bite us. 

The Apprentice

Fully confident in a victory for us this weekend.  Like I said earlier in the thread I think there's scope for a couple of changes in the line-up but hopefully not too many.  The players will be well up for it after the last couple of results and don't think we should unsettle things too much for the sake of it.

alicante jambo

Think this will be similar to the st midden game away. Wont be surprised to see a draw 1-1 or 0-0 but it will be difficult. Draw would do me but a win would be amazing.

20 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Any word on ticket sales for this? 

It seems that hearts are now selling section Y, so presumably nearly sold out the South Stand. No idea what that would equate to overall, but certainly more already than the last few visits there - from memory we tended to sell all the East stand, then just edge into the North and south stands.

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I'll be sitting in my designated seat I would imagine! 

I think everyone will be stood up, although it was maybe 10 years ago. 

18 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Gino Grant Snods Devs Forrest

Shankland 

Shankland is suspended, I think. 

3 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

Shankland is suspended, I think. 

No suspended for the next round of the cup not the league matches. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

They are dangerous at dead balls, we will need to start attacking the crosses better that come in to both boxes. 

We've been doing that very well lately. 

3 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Good post. 

Spot on.  

Pasquale for King

Getting closer to the OF was the goal at the start of the season and was reaffirmed by the manager only yesterday. 

Voice of reason
4 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Completely correct. The draws away at Dundee Utd and St Mirren were important in keeping the points total ticking over and maintaining confidence and momentum. These away draws at tough venues are not to be sniffed at. As long as we consistently win at Tynecastle then it’s just fine. 

On 25/01/2023 at 13:42, gordiegords said:

Des seats. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Good post.

These types are always looking for a reason to chastise Bob.

What a way to " support" a team.

They are miserable atm, Grim times for them.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Getting closer to the OF was the goal at the start of the season and was reaffirmed by the manager only yesterday. 

Common knowledge tbh, also doesn't mean away draws would be bad.

On 24/01/2023 at 10:30, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'll take any sort of win on that god awful pitch that should be banned from our game, nothing against Livvy as a club, but please get that pitch replaced with proper grass ffs! 

Nothing against Livi but totally agree no way plastic pitches should be allowed in our League 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Official Livingston v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***