*** Official Livingston v Heart Of Midlothian thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

He is a shite ref. Agreed. A HUGE leap to suggest he or any of the rest of the numpties are racist without any evidence whatsoever is nonsense IMO. 

We jump to conclusions without evidence here all the time. It's a message board FFS.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Marvin

• ri Alban

45 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well another shambles of an away game because that was painful to be at a game like that and watch 5 Hearts defenders, 2 midfielders being outnumbered & overrun, 3 strikers that never got any decent service. Yes the wee Livi manager knew how Hearts were going to play, although maybe not as poor, and got his tactics spot on. Sure Neilson can blame the wind, pitch, referee etc but it just is another 2 points dropped. 

:wallbash:

7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He is a shite ref. Agreed. A HUGE leap to suggest he or any of the rest of the numpties are racist without any evidence whatsoever is nonsense IMO. 

I've seen enough over the years to tell me the whole ducking set up is corrupt. They follow SFA instruction and the only thing that matters is that those Glasgow scumbags get well looked after. They can't simply apply the rules of the game with Hearts, though - its a case we have to have our games evened up cos we have more this or that compared to the other non Old Firm teams. Its not racism, its the colour of the shirt. Players against Hearts are able to con the refs for the whole ducking game

Edited by Riccarton3

Jambof3tornado
53 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Well another shambles of an away game because that was painful to be at a game like that and watch 5 Hearts defenders, 2 midfielders being outnumbered & overrun, 3 strikers that never got any decent service. Yes the wee Livi manager knew how Hearts were going to play, although maybe not as poor, and got his tactics spot on. Sure Neilson can blame the wind, pitch, referee etc but it just is another 2 points dropped. 

Aye the pitch and the wind had heehaw to do with today's performance right enough.

12 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

No that cant be right jkb said it was a disgrace giving Oda a start and then taking him off at half time as his confidence will take a hit 😮 quelle supreeez raquel quelle supreez

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Highlights didn’t really show if Oda was fouled at his chance - was he ?

Looked like the defender got a toe to the ball just before Kuol got there. They showed it one more time during the game.

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

No that cant be right jkb said it was a disgrace giving Oda a start and then taking him off at half time as his confidence will take a hit 😮 quelle supreeez raquel quelle supreez

😂

I’m sure the posters who posted will be on later to admit their posts were totally stupid and based on nothing but their own opinions.

Nah probably not.

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

We jump to conclusions without evidence here all the time. It's a message board FFS.

I don't know why you are getting so bent out-of shape over this. You made an unsubstantiated allegation and have been challenged about it. I've been going to games since 1978 and I've never, ever seen any ref treat any player differently because of the colour of their skin. Plenty players have been treated differently because of their reputation or colour of shirt but never skin colour. The only other time I ever heard it suggested was by Larry Kingston at Pittodrie. It turned out the ref was married to or at least in a relationship with a black lassie.

There is plenty of shite to fling at refs based on what we can see for ourselves. No need to play a race card though. 

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

It's as if Robbie knows what he is doing. Astonishing stuff. 

Ricardo Quaresma

Looked obvious Oda & Kuol getting a half each

Reckon Oda was pushed quite hard with precise timing; OF get a penalty there

Garang should have picked a side to shoot and reckon his left would have been the way to go

We were always going to have chances and they were unlikely to score

Hey-ho

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't know why you are getting so bent out-of shape over this. You made an unsubstantiated allegation and have been challenged about it. I've been going to games since 1978 and I've never, ever seen any ref treat any player differently because of the colour of their skin. Plenty players have been treated differently because of their reputation or colour of shirt but never skin colour. The only other time I ever heard it suggested was by Larry Kingston at Pittodrie. It turned out the ref was married to or at least in a relationship with a black lassie.

There is plenty of shite to fling at refs based on what we can see for ourselves. No need to play a race card though. 

I'm not bent out of shape, I'm not the one calling a one-line comment on a match thread "gross" or the worst ever or whatever it was that people were throwing around. I've responded to people who commented on it.

If you haven't seen a player get different treatment because of skin color, origin, or religion, you've been watching with your eyes shut. This shouldn't even be a controversial statement, it's extremely well-documented. If you choose to refuse to believe it, that's on you.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C34&q=racism+in+football+refereeing&btnG=

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

That referee today was shocking, way below schools standard. 

Atkinson got booked for being kicked in the foot and, as soon as the card came out, the Livvie player was up from rolling about and didn't even bother to limp for ten seconds. 

He actually missed a slight tap on Oda that prevented him from scoring, the three Hearts players all saw it though but VAR stayed out of it. A penalty and a red card would’ve changed the game drastically at that point. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm not bent out of shape, I'm not the one calling a one-line comment on a match thread "gross" or the worst ever or whatever it was that people were throwing around. I've responded to people who commented on it.

If you haven't seen a player get different treatment because of skin color, origin, or religion, you've been watching with your eyes shut. This shouldn't even be a controversial statement, it's extremely well-documented. If you choose to refuse to believe it, that's on you.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C34&q=racism+in+football+refereeing&btnG=

If you scroll back you will see I never described your comment as anything other than wrong.  If that has touched a raw nerve with you I think that's on you tbh. 

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If you scroll back you will see I never described your comment as anything other than wrong.  If that has touched a raw nerve with you I think that's on you tbh. 

Was referring to the bulk of the comments that were in the post I quoted. I wasn't accusing you of overreacting, just pointing out that I'm only responding to what's directed at me.

Your post on the other hand, about bias in refereeing being a ridiculous notion, was just patently and demonstrably false. The link I shared should provide sufficient support for that.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

:kirk:

35 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Highlights didn’t really show if Oda was fouled at his chance - was he ?

20 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Looked like the defender got a toe to the ball just before Kuol got there. They showed it one more time during the game.

I think the defenders kind of eased him off the ball to get a toe on it. 

Was desperate to see a Penalty in the replays, I don’t think there was one. 

He only seemed to remember the slight contact after the chance was gone. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Any update on Devlin? He went down just in front of us and seemed to be holding his hamstring at the time.

There's an EEN article but not read it personally

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Good on you for going Mitch. At 83 years of age it can’t always be that easy. 

4 hours ago, SM8 said:

Cheers for that mate. Made for the Kilted but saw a wee studenty hangout called Braes before I got as far up Perth Rd and they were happy to stick it on.

Ah nice one mate, Braes is really good as well, never mentioned it because they only used to have 2 TVs, one above the bar on each side of the 2 rooms and used to be quite awkward to get a good angle on it. No idea if it's still the same, but it's chilled out and decent in there.

There's actually quite a lot of choice for good places along there, the Giddy Goose which is a few doors down from Braes on the left is also pretty good if you're wanting some food and a couple of beers, as well as the DCA and the Beer Kitchen.  None of them suitable for the football mind :thumbsup:

I rarely go into the pubs in the City Centre as there's so many good choices just outside of it. 

Shame about the result, but hope you had a decent day anyway! 

26 minutes ago, CMc said:

I think the defenders kind of eased him off the ball to get a toe on it. 

Was desperate to see a Penalty in the replays, I don’t think there was one. 

He only seemed to remember the slight contact after the chance was gone. 

Yeah, probably a very slight violation of the rules and could claim a pen in theory but if it had been against us and was given I'd still be raging about it.

23 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Any update on Devlin? He went down just in front of us and seemed to be holding his hamstring at the time.

Robbie said he'd had a little bit of a tight hamstring before the game but wanted to play. It acted up again and they pulled him as a precaution.

That's what Robbie said, at least.

47 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He actually missed a slight tap on Oda that prevented him from scoring, the three Hearts players all saw it though but VAR stayed out of it. A penalty and a red card would’ve changed the game drastically at that point. 

I was actually seeing the ref as shambolic full stop. I just used Atkinson as an example. 

In passing, I see big hoo-ha being made of Don Robertson today, quite rightly, but has been let off with some of his whoppers from last week, including ridiculous yellows again. 

7 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Hate Livingston.  

They very much remind me of midges, annoying AF, won’t go away, no one has any love for them or looks forward to seeing them!

It’s a horrid ground to go to made worse today with the conditions. Not sure how it looked on tv but at the game was pretty evident the wind was majorly affecting both teams ability to play. Actually thought we were better playing into the wind second half the first half we couldn’t judge it all and played so many balls straight out.

46 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Hate Livingston.  

I assume thats just a general statement about livi not just the team 😉

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

It’s a horrid ground to go to made worse today with the conditions. Not sure how it looked on tv but at the game was pretty evident the wind was majorly affecting both teams ability to play. Actually thought we were better playing into the wind second half the first half we couldn’t judge it all and played so many balls straight out.

Livingston were set up not to lose. They are a team full of big players who throw their bodies at everything. There were four of their subs warming up at half time who looked huge. The number of times today Cochrane was standing waiting for a pass in a good position on the wing. The ball was passed inside. Also Kuol was being held by the jersey as he entered the box the ref gave a foul against him. The wind was swirling around all afternoon. I agree we played better into it during the second half. 

4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Funny, folk on this board casually toss around epithets of incest, genetic deformities, drug use, bribery, sectarianism, and loads other, but say a ref who’s blatantly treating a Sudanese born Australian differently is being racist and it’s pearl clutching all around.

You suffer from the racism equivalent of ‘reds under the bed’ paranoia !
(Good to see the word ‘epithets’ in JKB though!)

:vrwow:

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

More than likely vicks vaporub. Helps with breathing. Most players do this. 

It's the same thing, only better; stops women snoring in bed too :rofl:

Just back. Shite  first half, a lot better 2nd half. 
I really think we should have started Ginelly unless he as carrying a knock. 
I detest Livingston. Their no 29 was a cheat and an animal.  Livingston offer zero to this league. Absolutely nothing

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Just back. Shite  first half, a lot better 2nd half. 
I really think we should have started Ginelly unless he as carrying a knock. 
I detest Livingston. Their no 29 was a cheat and an animal.  Livingston offer zero to this league. Absolutely nothing

Did you travel by tortoise? 

1 hour ago, Korky said:

You suffer from the racism equivalent of ‘reds under the bed’ paranoia !
(Good to see the word ‘epithets’ in JKB though!)

:vrwow:

"Suffer from" being "believe dozens of empirical studies that examine the prevalence of racism in football and broader UK society in general" I guess. Yes, I am in fact afflicted with that.

7 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Yes, slightly further forward in front of Devlin & Snodgrass. 

But Kio can’t pass or tackle very very good at pointing other than that a man short 

Just now, bawheed said:

But Kio can’t pass or tackle very very good at pointing other than that a man short 

He would get MOTM every week for pointing he’s by far the best pointer we have unfortunately not the best footballer 

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

"Suffer from" being "believe dozens of empirical studies that examine the prevalence of racism in football and broader UK society in general" I guess. Yes, I am in fact afflicted with that.

Yes, there's racism everywhere.

But without any actual evidence, it's a pretty daft accusation, and definitely poor form, even amongst the epithets thrown about.

Naisys Tackle

The abuse of our Kuol and would rather have a youth player than a potential footballing superstar is still a worse shout than a few other close calls on this thread.  Ted, respect you mate as you know but the racist shouts a shocker.

What an absolute used Jonny that poster is.   (Not Ted). 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

4 hours ago, bawheed said:

I was talking about Grant. I agree about Kio though. He needs to do more. Much much more. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

All fair, but in no way supports that the ref yesterday was a racist.

Poor form and accusation. 

Normally a good poster,  you've had a mare here.😱

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

All fair, but in no way supports that the ref yesterday was a racist.

Poor form and accusation. 

Normally a good poster,  you've had a mare here.😱

D'you think he was on to something? Maybe not what he thought, but something?