Glentoran Vs Heart Of Midlothian match thread (merged threads)

200milesfromgorgie

Clerry Jambo
1 up front then?

If Miko and Driver do their jobs properly then its a 4-3-3.

As wingers - and that is what I class them as - they need to get to the byeline and deliver decent crosses, something we NEVER done last season.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Gosling
can't wait on watching that team............not !

I'm quite happy to watch the promising youths.

Perhaps Laslo isn't picking tonight's team - and when he works out the above he will stop that formation/team being picked.

In a few days he couldn't see that Gary Glen isn't a solo striker? And that Stewart can't play in front of the midfield (if that is where he is going)?

Which other coaches will have picked that side?

Hearts: Gordon, Neilson, Sives, Berra, McAllister, MacFarlane, Kizys, Simmons, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis, Weir. Subs not used: McDonald, Pressley.

Look familiar?

heartsfc_fan

Who's the skipper if Berra and Neilson not playing?

Banks?

Ryan Gosling
So you think the new manager should listen to others without making his own judgement... are you vlad in disguise? Very vlad like.

WTF? :laugh:

I think the players should have a chance, however;

Elliot has stated he wants to leave the club, and it didn't matter who the manager was, he wanted to leave as quickly as possible once the manager was appointed.

He should be allowed to.

The Mighty Thor
In a few days he couldn't see that Gary Glen isn't a solo striker? And that Stewart can't play in front of the midfield (if that is where he is going)?

To be fair to Csaba that's a committee side. Uncle vlad and knobchoker have picked that one for sure, and no doubt the CCCP footballing doctrine (1962 version) has dictated its a 4-5-1 formation.

No big deal it's a diddy game. If it was that line up and formation for the Murderwell game then i'd be worried.

Charlie-Brown
Hearts: Banks; Thomson, Zaliukas, Karipidis, Wallace; Palazuelos, Jonsson; Mikoliunas, Stewart, Driver; Glen. Subs not used: Basso, Sives, Screpis, Docherty, Kelly, Elliot, Ivaskevicius.

Boak.

Good to see our 'own' players being used, a wee bit surpried that Doherty involved as I thought he was out the picture but maybe he has some family connections with Glentoran or maybe they want to showcase the kid to watching N.Ireland teams to help find him a club?

Glad that Sives injury problems appear to be behind him - that kid bleeds maroon & deserves every chance going in my opinion. :)

rossthejambo

with what he has on offer what other squad could he pick?? if he's going for one squad today and another on wednesday night then surely thats the best he could do no?

ffs lets get real. everyone knows we need new players but he can't just magically make them come from nowhere.

i dont think its that bad a squad considering and im not going to get my knickers in a twist over a team for 2 friendlys. its the 11 on the 9th of august that im bothered about

alwaysthereinspirit

First real day on the job and all ready he's giving people the boak.

Cant we at least give the guy a week before we run him out off town.

Talk about fickle.

WTF? :laugh:

I think the players should have a chance, however;

Elliot has stated he wants to leave the club, and it didn't matter who the manager was, he wanted to leave as quickly as possible once the manager was appointed.

He should be allowed to.

Why dont you let Csaba do the thinking as your obviously not doing it.

He'll want to asses the whole squad, not just those that want to stay or leave.

So your only not happy at Elliot being on the bench.... aye right...

I;d hope to see most of the players in our squad get mins in the next week... you obviously want to freeze players out... very vlad like.

Rick Grimes
Aye good selection Vladimir:rolleyes:

good grief. its a pre-season friendly FFS

To be fair to Csaba that's a committee side. Uncle vlad and knobchoker have picked that one for sure, and no doubt the CCCP footballing doctrine (1962 version) has dictated its a 4-5-1 formation.

No big deal it's a diddy game. If it was that line up and formation for the Murderwell game then i'd be worried.

Agree. Result doesn't matter beyond building a bit of confidence. Neither does the team selection really.

But I expect to see the likes of Ksnavicius brought in to add his 'experience' in the 4-5-1 for the Motherwell game. It will be interesting to see how Laslo/VR set up their teams.

First real day on the job and all ready he's giving people the boak.

Cant we at least give the guy a week before we run him out off town.

Talk about fickle.

Wasting your time with some mate... they want to choose the team on the merits of last years debacle.... even tho they didnt agree with the coaching set up... :confused:

Ryan Gosling
Why dont you let Csaba do the thinking as your obviously not doing it.

He'll want to asses the whole squad, not just those that want to stay or leave.

So your only not happy at Elliot being on the bench.... aye right...

I;d hope to see most of the players in our squad get mins in the next week... you obviously want to freeze players out... very vlad like.

Why do you keep saying I'm vlad like?

:wacko:

with what he has on offer what other squad could he pick?? if he's going for one squad today and another on wednesday night then surely thats the best he could do no?

ffs lets get real. everyone knows we need new players but he can't just magically make them come from nowhere.

i dont think its that bad a squad considering and im not going to get my knickers in a twist over a team for 2 friendlys. its the 11 on the 9th of august that im bothered about

The 'committee' formation was 4-5-1. It was an absolute disaster.

First game back - with a new 'manager'. What formation? 4-5-1.

Quite happy for all of the players to get games. But the formation surely should be the same as when the real games start.

Hearts: Gordon, Neilson, Sives, Berra, McAllister, MacFarlane, Kizys, Simmons, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis, Weir. Subs not used: McDonald, Pressley.

Look familiar?

Was that Burley's first line up?

Good old Kickback.

Manager barely has his feet under the table, first pre-season game and we're bickering over team selection.

I think some of you just like to moan.

chester copperpot
Agree. Result doesn't matter beyond building a bit of confidence. Neither does the team selection really.

But I expect to see the likes of Ksnavicius brought in to add his 'experience' in the 4-5-1 for the Motherwell game. It will be interesting to see how Laslo/VR set up their teams.

Is this the thread for updates.

Have 3 people reporting back to me from the game. Haven't even looked on the offishul website to see if we're doing a live commentary back from the game.

Look familiar?

That the team that Burley saw play against Berwick Rangers soon after taking over as manager? He then saw how badly we needed new players and we soon saw Bednar, Skacel, Pospisil, Takis and Brellier come to the club?

De ja vu? ;)

Only a Game
Hearts: Banks; Thomson, Zaliukas, Karipidis, Wallace; Palazuelos, Jonsson; Mikoliunas, Stewart, Driver; Glen. Subs not used: Basso, Sives, Screpis, Docherty, Kelly, Elliot, Ivaskevicius.

Boak.

Magic, Its started already

His first team selection sneered at before its even kicked a ball.

Who was he meant to pick ?

What part of that team selection makes you boak ?

That the team that Burley saw play against Berwick Rangers soon after taking over as manager? He then saw how badly we needed new players and we soon saw Bednar, Skacel, Pospisil, Takis and Brellier come to the club?

De ja vu? ;)

I doubt it. Burley had a group of players lined up by Simon Hunt. Saw the weaknesses in the squad Levein left and filled them expertly.

Lazlo appears never to have had a transfer budget or brought in players in his management career.

Why do you keep saying I'm vlad like?

:wacko:

Telling the manager who to pick without letting him judge the player or make that choice first... pretty simple.

Captain Lithuania
Squad's been split mate. Other half are due to play on Wednesday.

Should be along the lines of...

Basso, Kelly, Rapnik, Sives, Brown, Cesnauskis, Aguiar, Husband, McGowan Kingston, Mole.

Or something.

That squad sounds a lot better.

Good old Kickback.

Manager barely has his feet under the table, first pre-season game and we're bickering over team selection.

I think some of you just like to moan.

I think people were looking for some sort of change especially away from the 451 pish we played last season. However with the players available there is not to much he can do. I would be hugely concerned if that's the team that plays against Hull.

Nucky Thompson
The 'committee' formation was 4-5-1. It was an absolute disaster.

First game back - with a new 'manager'. What formation? 4-5-1.

Quite happy for all of the players to get games. But the formation surely should be the same as when the real games start.

You can only pish with the knob you've got FFS:ahhhhhhh: That team and formation will look nothing like the one that starts the season:banghead:

Ryan Gosling
Magic, Its started already

His first team selection sneered at before its even kicked a ball.

Who was he meant to pick ?

What part of that team selection makes you boak ?

The formation really. The 3 midfielders can't play together.

Telling the manager who to pick without letting him judge the player or make that choice first... pretty simple.

Laszlo's not going to do what I say. :laugh:

marshallschunkychicken

It does look like a pretty weak team, but then, you can't polish a tu*d.

Hopefully this will highlight where we need to strengthen.

Is this the thread for updates.

Have 3 people reporting back to me from the game. Haven't even looked on the offishul website to see if we're doing a live commentary back from the game.

Yes, please...unless there's another one doing the rounds as I type.

You can only pish with the knob you've got FFS:ahhhhhhh: That team and formation will look nothing like the one that starts the season:banghead:

How do you know that?

chester copperpot
still 0-0.

So is this the offishul updates thread or the team news by Peanut?

Reason I ask is that I'm getting 3 individuals to report any chances or updates from the match.

maroonlegions
good start, were are you getting updates from.:P:rolleyes:

:P:p:p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Benny Factor
I think kick off is 7.45 so think its nonsense.My post certainly was.

According to the official site, kick off is 7.30.

Guest jambomickey

give the guy a chance! he's only in the job and is just looking at the squad before he decides what he needs to change, it's the team that plays against motherwell that matters

maroonlegions
So is this the offishul updates thread or the team news by Peanut?

Reason I ask is that I'm getting 3 individuals to report any chances or updates from the match.

mod edit.

well the evidence is there eh, mod edit

Archived