Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Don Dan

• Marvin

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Don’t mind Collum these days

Never thought I'd agree with this, but here we are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well we all have our opinions but it will be Robbie’s call

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting you to be picking the team :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Is cochrane fit? Not seen anything about his fitness

Halliday out was mentioned in press conference, that was all.

13 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Wrong poster….That’s Robbie’s Right Plum’s job….  ::troll::    

26 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not since they took away my fax machine…..

48 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Is cochrane fit? Not seen anything about his fitness

I read that Robbie said that Cochrane had a tight hamstring which is why they took him off and that Shankland rolled his ankle.

He said that both should be ok for tomorrow and that Kingsley should be avaialble.

Having said that we all know that often what Robbie says or is reported to have said and what actually happens are two totally different things.

Edited by wavydavy

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I read that Robbie said that Cochrane had a tight hamstring which is why they took him off and that Shankland rolled his ankle.

He said that both should be ok for tomorrow and that Kingsley should be avaialble.

Having said that we all know that often what Robbie says or is reported to have said and what actually happens are two totally different things.

True . Expect both to be fit though. 

10 hours ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Quick question folks. 

My brother can’t make the game tomorrow and I have a mate who’s going to go in his place using the season ticket. To save me heading out to pick the ticket up, he was going to send a picture of the QR code that the turnstile scanner reads. Would this work and let him through or do I need to go and collect it?

Cheers in advance. 

edit - I’ve started a separate thread for more people to notice. 

Email ticket office for a printed ticket.

done it a few times in similar circumstances 

Like last Friday and most games for me. I'd happily take 1-0. However. We really are long overdue them a good tanking at Tynecastle. 

49 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

True . Expect both to be fit though. 

Really? Cochrane's tight hamstring will probably mean he's out for 6 weeks before returning to full training, that's usually how our injuries pan out.

24 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Really? Cochrane's tight hamstring will probably mean he's out for 6 weeks before returning to full training, that's usually how our injuries pan out.

Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve not read he was confirmed to be out for a while or the extent of the injury was worse?

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Maybe I’ve missed it but I’ve not read he was confirmed to be out for a while or the extent of the injury was worse?

There's been nothing said about his injury.

I'm hopeful he'll be fine and available, but like all our injury problems, niggles seem to morph into more serious issues that keep our players out for weeks on end 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

There's been nothing said about his injury.

I'm hopeful he'll be fine and available, but like all our injury problems, niggles seem to morph into more serious issues that keep our players out for weeks on end 

I think Cochrane was taken off more as a precaution rather than an actual injury.

A lot depends on how he has been feeling in training.

Would hope he is fit bit I'd rather the club didn't take any unnecessary risks, especially if Kingsley is available

18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I would start Kuol from the start let’s see what’s in his locker 

Id wait as they will tire after Sundays game , then put him on and see how they cope 

6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Id wait as they will tire after Sundays game , then put him on and see how they cope 

Could work well but we’ve also got Humps for that. I’d like to see him start. Itching to see if he lives up to the hype. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wouldnt expect anything different from what we've seen since the resumption, 6 games undefeated, be a bit silly with two very important games to start experimenting

Captain Sausage

Start of a big 10 days. 3 wins and third is sewn up and we are through in the cup. 

3 losses and it’ll be a bit of a mess. 

Come on Hearts! I think we have enough to see off Aberdeen and Hibs and get a point at Livi.

Clark

Sibbick, Hill, Rowles

Smith, Devlin, Snodgrass, Cochrane 

Humphrys, Shankland, McKay

That's the team for me, bringing on Kuol and Ginnelly for their pace after an hour. Only wildcard is if Kingsley is fit but doubt he will be thrown in having missed a few games.

Clark 

Smith. Hill. Sibbick. Rowles. Kingsley. 

Snodric Devlin

Mckay

Ginnelly. Shankland.  

Got a feeling Neilson will just decide to rest Cochrane even if fit given we have Hibs at the weekend.  

Generally, I don’t think he’ll change much personnel wise , I don’t see why he should?  

We tend to start the first half better in that shape but what id like to see is a tweak much quicker if the trend of our levels dropping in the 2nd half occurs again.  

Edited by Debut 4

44 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Start of a big 10 days. 3 wins and third is sewn up and we are through in the cup. 

3 losses and it’ll be a bit of a mess. 

Come on Hearts! I think we have enough to see off Aberdeen and Hibs and get a point at Livi.

A win tonight and Sunday and a draw next week and I’d be absolutely delighted 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Wouldnt expect anything different from what we've seen since the resumption, 6 games undefeated, be a bit silly with two very important games to start experimenting

Would agree, one concern I’d have though is if they put Duk up against Smith. Hill will have to be over quickly to cover or will Neilson make a change?

2 hours ago, RDSK said:

Reckon we’ll see Kingsley and Cammy in for Cochrane and Halliday but otherwise no changes.

Yep , think that will be the team, Snodgrass possibly missing out if Robbie wants to freshen him up for the Derby 

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Would agree, one concern I’d have though is if they put Duk up against Smith. Hill will have to be over quickly to cover or will Neilson make a change?

Duk is a big doubt for tonight as far as I can see. Would be surprised to see him.

I hope Robbie sets us up in a 4-2-3-1 tonight as it would suit the players we have available. And if so, I’d start Hill at RB - he looked sharp on Friday.

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Good luck

I turn up frequently with a bag and I'd say it gets checked 2 times out of three - just a cursory glance. It is usually full of second hand books I've bought en route to the pub.

Never had a problem getting in with them but had to chuck a plastic water bottle (not a bespoke one just a £1 job) out in the bins which was fair enough as it would have been tempting to chuck it the way we were playing back then

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Good luck

I turn up frequently with a bag and I'd say it gets checked 2 times out of three - just a cursory glance. It is usually full of second hand books I've bought en route to the pub.

Never had a problem getting in with them but had to chuck a plastic water bottle (not a bespoke one just a £1 job) out in the bins which was fair enough as it would have been tempting to chuck it the way we were playing back then

every game for me but the missus doesn't complain :whistling:

14 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Clark 

Smith. Hill. Sibbick. Rowles. Kingsley. 

Snodric Devlin

Mckay

Ginnelly. Shankland.  

Got a feeling Neilson will just decide to rest Cochrane even if fit given we have Hibs at the weekend.  

Generally, I don’t think he’ll change much personnel wise , I don’t see why he should?  

We tend to start the first half better in that shape but what id like to see is a tweak much quicker if the trend of our levels dropping in the 2nd half occurs again.  

I think you make a good point about the levels dropping and think one of the reasons is the 2 v 3 in the middle of the park. 

11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Cochrane and Shanks were in the training photos yesterday so assuming they will be fine for tonight

Edited by jamle1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Word is he will not play, nor Clarkson, Hayes or Roos

15 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I think you make a good point about the levels dropping and think one of the reasons is the 2 v 3 in the middle of the park. 

When RN put Grant in with Snod and Devlin v St Johnstone, I thought it was more effective for a spell and we were seeing the change.  

28 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Good luck

Just think. Had you launched a direct hit to Broonaldo's bonce with a hefty copy of Nietzsche's 'Beyond Good and Evil' prior to his assault on Harry Cochrane then you might've knocked some sense into him.

3 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Wouldn't surprise me however the fact that Kingsley is being reported as available is good news if Cochrane doesn't make it.

37 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Goodwin reporting that the players that came off against Rangers are being given time to determine if they are fit enough to play tonight.

Quote from BBC Sport

"We've got one or two concerns over a few players. We've tried to give them the best chance over the last couple of days.

"We haven't nailed down the starting 11 yet because we're trying to give one or two of the individuals a little bit more time before we make that final decision."

42 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Cochrane and Shanks were in the training photos yesterday so assuming they will be fine for tonight

Never seen cochrane in any photos or videos so im assuming he could be missing tonight 

56 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Nice to see other teams having to deal with a major injury list…

Duk being out would be handy . From what I have seen of him , he is their most dangerous player . Do not know much about the Slovakian lad though 

Hopefully do enough to win and not pick up any injuries or suspensions ahead of Hibs and Livingston 

1 hour ago, jamle1874 said:

Shanks was but I didn’t see Cochrane. I suspect he’ll be out and Kingsley will come in.

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Everyone knows that a pulled groin can give you AIDS.

And not the good type, either.

Pray for Cochrane.

37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Goodwin reporting that the players that came off against Rangers are being given time to determine if they are fit enough to play tonight.

Quote from BBC Sport

"We've got one or two concerns over a few players. We've tried to give them the best chance over the last couple of days.

"We haven't nailed down the starting 11 yet because we're trying to give one or two of the individuals a little bit more time before we make that final decision."

That's Goodwin playing the same game as Robbie. It's almost not worth reading any manager's pre-match guff as they like to keep everyone guessing and not give any earth-shattering secrets away.

37 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Quote from BBC Sport

That's Goodwin playing the same game as Robbie. It's almost not worth reading any manager's pre-match guff as they like to keep everyone guessing and not give any earth-shattering secrets away.

Lord Montpelier
2 hours ago, Bozi said:

Clark

Sibbick, Hill, Rowles

Smith, Devlin, Snodgrass, Cochrane 

Humphrys, Shankland, McKay

That's the team for me, bringing on Kuol and Ginnelly for their pace after an hour. Only wildcard is if Kingsley is fit but doubt he will be thrown in having missed a few games.

I'd be similar. Humph and Mckay to help out in the middle and carry the ball forward where they can