• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Don Dan

• Marvin

Shooter McGavin

Hopefully we can take advantage of the extra day of prep.

A draw would be decent and would keep them at arms length, a win would be massive. 

Big game. We have had an excellent run lately and are unbeaten since the break but something is just not clicking? We couldn’t have complained if st mirren nicked a draw tonight 

We have all the possession, we play good football and you can tell watching our games that we are the better footballing team, but it’s like we are struggling to create a lot of proper chances. On top of this we are also

conceding a lot of chances at the other end. St mirren looked quite dangerous when they were going forward and main was causing us problems in the air. Is it the formation? Lack of creativity? 

going to be controversial here but is making Shankland captain hindering us a bit as he now has to/will play every game? He has done very well for us and is a very good player and im not shouting for him to be dropped, but I’m not sure we are getting the best out of him in the role he’s playing? Also with all the options we have, im not convinced he should be starting every game. Feel he sometimes just lacks that bit of strength and pace but he does have good overall footballing ability. The last two games he has not contributed much at all, and you just think, is Humphreys worth a start or do we play him with Shankland?

we have a good run going just now and I hope this continues on wed. Sign of a good team is winning when not playing at their best. Just feel like there is something missing at the top end of the pitch. Hopefully playing Aberdeen, who won’t just sit in and play long balls, will suit us better. Same team but devlin for Halliday and also Humphrey’s to start upfront 

I’d like to see us change the formation for this one - 4-3-2-1.

Assuming Cochrane doesn’t make it. Devlin needs dropped and we need more in the midfield.

Clark

Smith

Hill

Rowles

Kingsley

Snodgrass

Kio

Grant

McKay

Kuol

Shankland

Aberdeen are pish. It’s a bigger game and I expect us to play better and rise to the occasion.  

3-1

Edited by GinRummy

3 minutes ago, 5jambo1 said:

Big game. We have had an excellent run lately and are unbeaten since the break but something is just not clicking? We couldn’t have complained if st mirren nicked a draw tonight 

We have all the possession, we play good football and you can tell watching our games that we are the better footballing team, but it’s like we are struggling to create a lot of proper chances. On top of this we are also

conceding a lot of chances at the other end. St mirren looked quite dangerous when they were going forward and main was causing us problems in the air. Is it the formation? Lack of creativity? 

going to be controversial here but is making Shankland captain hindering us a bit as he now has to/will play every game? He has done very well for us and is a very good player and im not shouting for him to be dropped, but I’m not sure we are getting the best out of him in the role he’s playing? Also with all the options we have, im not convinced he should be starting every game. Feel he sometimes just lacks that bit of strength and pace but he does have good overall footballing ability. The last two games he has not contributed much at all, and you just think, is Humphreys worth a start or do we play him with Shankland?

we have a good run going just now and I hope this continues on wed. Sign of a good team is winning when not playing at their best. Just feel like there is something missing at the top end of the pitch. Hopefully playing Aberdeen, who won’t just sit in and play long balls, will suit us better. Same team but devlin for Halliday and also Humphrey’s to start upfront 

Was thinking the same, Shankland should have been subbed off tonight .

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I’d like to see us change the formation for this one - 4-3-2-1.

Assuming Cochrane doesn’t make it. Devlin needs dropped and we need more in the midfield.

Clark

Smith

Hill

Rowles

Kingsley

Snodgrass

Kio

Grant

McKay

Kuol

Shankland

I'm not entirely on board starting Kuol, but thats mostly down to his age. The flip side of it is that he very nearly scored an equaliser against the winners of the world cup and has went up against Messi, so my worries are probably misplaced :D 

I like that team though. Our biggest problems are:

Smith isn't a wingback and looks chronic when played there. 

Snodgrass is getting caught on the ball far too much based on the last couple of games. Aberdeen will have noticed this. 

Think a back 4 sorts this, and gets an extra man in midfield to take the pressure off of Snodgrass. 

Bit harsh on Sibbick though, but think Hill or Sibbick would... what about Hill at RB? Take Smith completely out of the equation and make use of Hills passing there with Sibbick retaining his place? Essentially this>

Zander

Hill Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Kio Snodgrass

Grant

McKay Kuol

Shanks

Edited by OTT

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm not entirely on board starting Kuol, but thats mostly down to his age. The flip side of it is that he very nearly scored an equaliser against the winners of the world cup and has went up against Messi, so my worries are probably misplaced :D 

Snodgrass is getting caught on the ball far too much based on the last couple of games. Aberdeen will have noticed this. 

Think a back 4 sorts this, and gets an extra man in midfield to take the pressure off of Snodgrass. 

Bit harsh on Sibbick though, but think Hill or Sibbick would... what about Hill at RB? Take Smith completely out of the equation and make use of Hills passing there with Sibbick retaining his place? Essentially this>

Zander

Kio Snodgrass

Grant

McKay Kuol

Shanks

Not a bad shout with Hill, he looks like he could handle RB.

Something definitely needs to change though because Smith at RWB and a pedestrian two man midfield just isn’t working.

11 hours ago, OTT said:

Zander

Kio Snodgrass

Grant

McKay Kuol

Shanks

On paper that looks a really exciting team. In the right position I think grant can make play happen (like the pass to Humphrey’s v hibs). Grant, McKay, kuol and shanks could be a really attacking mid to front. 

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

On paper that looks a really exciting team. In the right position I think grant can make play happen (like the pass to Humphrey’s v hibs). Grant, McKay, kuol and shanks could be a really attacking mid to front. 

See on Grant, could he play Rwb in a 343? I’ve saw on here someone say he’s played there (rb) before, and with Smith essentially being a man down and Atkinson not being selected, could Grant get himself into the team here? 

Kuol to set us on fire.  Robbie needs to work on our right side defence.  Pretty sure they will target that. Very happy with 2-1.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Aberdeen have lost 10 of their 21 league matches , winning 1 of their last 5. They are not that great. 3-0 Hearts.

I believe they have only won something like 3 of their last 28 away league matches so they have struggled big time on the road. We need to play with a far better tempo and for longer than we did last night or against HIbs. If we do we will win, simple as that.

Different kind of game to recent home matches (Livi, Killie, St Mirren). Aberdeen will attack. This will suit us. 

We need to be better in attack than we were last night though.  We were too ponderous and slow in transition. When we did move the ball quickly, we caused the St Mirren defence problems. We just didn’t do it enough.

Massive game on Wednesday. To go 9pts clear of 4th at this stage of the season coupled with what is likely to be more points ahead of St Mirren (who have Celtic away on Wednesday night) is a huge opportunity.  

And one I expect this team to take 😎🇱🇻

Edited by MattyK82

Shinnie will run about the place hacking and hitting anything in maroon as per usual. We need someone in there that’ll match up to him (I’m assuming the referee won’t book him etc).

If we are on form up front we win.  If anything the defence was superb last night.

I will take any win. Going for 1-0

Aberdeen won't sit back and frustrate us, this will allow more space to utilise Gino, Kuol etc.

Controversial I know, but I'd rest Snodgrass, and less controversially, Smith. Not sure they're up to 2 games a week and I'd keep them for the derby. Robbie said Kingsley would be back (I know Robbie lies), so I'd give Cochrane the time to recover aswell if true.

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Atkinson Kio Devlin Kingsley

Grant Shankland Gino

2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Aberdeen won't sit back and frustrate us, this will allow more space to utilise Gino, Kuol etc.

Controversial I know, but I'd rest Snodgrass, and less controversially, Smith. Not sure they're up to 2 games a week and I'd keep them for the derby. Robbie said Kingsley would be back (I know Robbie lies), so I'd give Cochrane the time to recover aswell if true.

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Grant Shankland Gino

Hope not. 

Tynecastle Valhalla
58 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Clark

Hill Sibbick Rowles 

Grant Shankland Gino

Agree with that team with the exception of swapping Grant with Kio (bring him on as a sub) and would start Kuol on the right.

Humphrys and Mackay to come on as subs too

IveSeenTheLight

Just putting this out here now.

unfortunately I’ll miss Wednesdays game and won’t be able to comment on it either.

I go in for an operation on Wednesday.

You guys are deservedly 3rd this year so far, so no debate there.

Its a must win game for us if we have any hopes of hanging onto your tails

3 hours ago, Henroddy said:

Aberdeen certainly won't miss the chances St Mirren did in the last 2 games. 2-2

Hopefully we don’t moss the chances we missed against st Mirren either. 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

unfortunately I’ll miss Wednesdays game and won’t be able to comment on it either.

Hope your op goes OK. What is it, blue tongue? Sheep scab or foot rot?

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You won’t get third even if you do win on Wednesday. 

hope the op goes well. 👍

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Gorgierools said:

Hope your op goes OK. What is it, blue tongue? Sheep scab or foot rot?

Thanks,  It’s a heart operation.

I believe the root cause linked back to the COVID I caught last year

Just now, GinRummy said:

You won’t get third even if you do win on Wednesday. 

hope the op goes well. 👍

Thanks.

I agree, we probably won’t get 3rd anyway, but if we are to maintain any interest, we have to win (which I don’t think we will)

17 hours ago, OTT said:

Zander

Kio Snodgrass

Grant

McKay Kuol

Shanks

I would go with that back 4, but Cochrane must start ahead of Kingsley if fit. Kingsley has to work his way back in and earn his place. 

It will be interesting to see what RN does with the formation and selections.   We’ve badly struggled to control the last couple of games against St Mirren, and the 2nd half against Hibs, with midfield being the problem area.  Been disappointed and I’m sure it will be on RNs mind…this performance should set us up for the Cup game.     We need to see more of Kio and in particular Grant and have more control in the middle of the park.

Kuol looked full of energy and positivity in his short cameo,  don’t care about his age…I’d give him 2nd half Wed and all being well start him against the slow Hibs lot,  they won’t know how to handle him and genuinely think he will cause havoc. 

Our defence is looking stronger with Hill coming in, RB is a decent shout.    I think we’ll put in a better performance against the Sheep,  and win 2-1.    A draw would also be decent but a win and 3rd is ours to lose 🇱🇻

2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

All the best for the op and recovery.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Best wishes for the operation 

Thanks,  It’s a heart operation.

I believe the root cause linked back to the COVID I caught last year

Thanks.

I agree, we probably won’t get 3rd anyway, but if we are to maintain any interest, we have to win (which I don’t think we will)

Forgive my previous frivolity. Hope the op and recovery go well.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We need to play better than yesterday. However Aberdeen not going to play like St Mirren, they will try to play. 

Just watching the first semi, pitch looking very heavy, be a big ask for them regardless of result tomorrow. 

Each game seems to be throwing up some questions, injury or form. 

Tempted to let Kuol loose, only a cameo but looked ready for a part. Gino maybe needs a rest

Just noticed we have what will be a full on game against the Sheep on Wednesday whilst they Tramps have a week off before the cup derby. 

good luck with your operation 👍

All the best for Wednesday.

I certainly wouldn't recommend a Hearts v Aberdeen game post Heart surgery :lol:

2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

I would go with that back 4, but Cochrane must start ahead of Kingsley if fit. Kingsley has to work his way back in and earn his place. 

Kingsley is one of our best players and must play if fit. He is also a big threat at our free kicks and corners.

"Folks, let me tell you, Heart of Midlothian Football Club is a winner. A tremendous club with a tremendous history. They've got the best fans, the best players, the best coaches. Believe me, they're going to be back on top. They're going to be making Scotland great again, and they're going to be putting the other teams to shame. They're going to be the talk of the town, believe me. You're going to be seeing them everywhere, on TV, in the news, everywhere. They're going to be the best, the biggest, the most successful. So get on board now, folks, before it's too late. Trust me, it's going to be huge."

Just now, Thomaso said:

Kingsley is one of our best players and must play if fit. He is also a big threat at our free kicks and corners.

Nice problem to have eh!

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thos will be a tough game but I'll go 2-1 Hearts but please no injuries before Sundays cup game

Indeed whilst Hibs have the week off!

IveSeenTheLight
28 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

Forgive my previous frivolity. Hope the op and recovery go well.

Ha, nae worries min.

I can take a joke 😝

Thanks everyone, I’m sure it will go well, just didn’t want you to think I was ‘dissappearing’

We need to win this. A draw isn’t a good result here as it could open the door for Livi. They are the danger at the moment, not Aberdeen. 

I honestly think we’ll smash them. It’ll be the first time this year a team will try and attack us which will leave gaps. 

Get 343 binned, Shankland in his proper position and a number 10 on the pitch. 

Clark

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Devlin Snodgrass 

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland 

Edited by DS98

pettigrewsstylist

Any sort of win probably leaves sheep too much to do this season. Be good to acheive that and narrow it down to Livi.

Shankland to score.