Zander Clark

Neverforgetfiveone

His double save was tremendous,  but I'm almost certain it wouldn't have counted anyway due to a handball.

Not that he was to know obviously. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PaddysBar

• Jambo 4 Ever

• The Gorgie

• Carter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Craig Gordon comes back from this horrible injury he might find not only the Hearts No1 in his way but the Scotland No1 too. 

The double save against Hibs was unbelievable, today's was just as good, if we hadn't been spoiled with Gordon's undoubted brilliance the last couple of years we would probably be waxing lyrical about how good Zander has been

I must admit , when he signed I thought he was too good to be back up. Then when Craig got injured I wondered if Zander was going to be good enough.

So far he's done brilliantly imo. 

3 hours ago, Barack said:

3 games. 2 clean sheets...👀

But, he's a brilliant signing.

It's 2 clean sheets in 4 games (St Johnstone, Hibs and 2 x St Mirren) for Zander. 

Crazily in the 26 games Craig started for us this season (17 League, 1 League Cup and 8 in Europe) he only had 2 clean sheets.

5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

It's 2 clean sheets in 4 games (St Johnstone, Hibs and 2 x St Mirren) for Zander. 

Crazily in the 26 games Craig started for us this season (17 League, 1 League Cup and 8 in Europe) he only had 2 clean sheets.

Technically he also kept a clean sheet v dundee united.

8 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Brilliant performance.great understudy to big Craig.

Yes I think Plastic fc from Govan will be spewing they never signed him when they had the chance , he’s learned from the best and looks like he’s going to make the jersey his we are lucky to have such an understudy who has stepped up 

ScandinavianJambo
6 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

I think we have tightened up our back line since Craig went off. I did wonder if the back three almost got a bit complacent at times due to believing that Craig was the superman he is. Anyway, Zander is doing a great job and the double save yesterday was immense.

I'm not to sure about boxing the ball out instead of catching it. However, that's just because I'm old fashioned like that. Zander is rocking it!

loveofthegame

I thought he was good when he was at St Johnstone. I don’t think I appreciated how good he is.

Big, good shot stopper, commanding from crosses and decent distribution. An excellent keeper.

pettigrewsstylist

Solid, reliable and dependable start, including coming for balls.

Great enhancement to squad. Real depth for CG at time of signing.

Feels a safe pair of hands.

He is a actually a very different goalie from Craig which is very interesting. He is far more animated, comes out for more cross balls, his distribution is much quicker as well and making saves seem life or death at times. Get pumped up after making them like a lot of keepers do. 

Gordon has always been incredibly laid back, takes his time when releasing the ball, prefers to stay on his line for crosses and when making saves makes it look effortless. 

Going to be tough decisions to make once Gordon gets back to full fitness 

9 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Always been a decent keeper,glad we have him😎

Correct. Seems to be a surprise to some that he’s a good keeper. More than a Decent signing. Our keeper for the next 6 or 7 years or more.

Edited by Sarajevo5-1

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

I mean, technically he does have 2 clean sheets in 2 games. It's just we've also played another one as well :lol:

Yeah I ****ed it. 

Gordon has 90 clean sheets in 90 games. I like this way of thinking. :sweeet:

Edited by gjcc

Think we have won a watch with this signing 2 Scotland no1 at our club in one season I reckon great work lord savage :smoking:

On 13/01/2023 at 23:34, Barack said:

Pity you're not here.

Another to add to the Snodgrass & Clark list. Xx

Umm what you on about mate?

i still stand by Kello being better than Clarke has so far

clark has only played a handful of games 

On 14/01/2023 at 12:12, RustyRightPeg said:

I love his quick distribution. It’s something that was annoying me with CG. 

Agree

he definitely seems more alert and shows more urgency 

Captain Sausage

Thought he was a total bellend when he was at St Johnstone. Really disliked him. 

Absolute love him now he’s at Hearts. Quality goalkeeper. 

Fickle football fans eh? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Thought he was a total bellend when he was at St Johnstone. Really disliked him. 

Absolute love him now he’s at Hearts. Quality goalkeeper. 

Fickle football fans eh? :lol:

Think of it this way: not all bellends are associated with St. Johnstone, but all associated with St. Johnstone are bellends.  :icon14:

It's hard to believe we couldn't keep clean sheets at times with the legendary Craig Gordon. We get big Zander for free and he has 3 out 4!  Astonishing! 

Defence is better too though.