• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Supporting your team, eh? That'll never catch on. 

Yeah us alleged Robbie haters dont support the team 🤪.

Ex member of the SaS
2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

It's lack luster don't you know🤣

is it?

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

lacklustre
/ˈlakˌlʌstə/

adjective

1. 1.
    lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring.
    "no excuses were made for the team's lacklustre performance"

Similar:
    uninspired

uninspiring

unimaginative

dull

humdrum

colourless

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

is it?

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

lacklustre
/ˈlakˌlʌstə/

adjective

1. 1.
    lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring.
    "no excuses were made for the team's lacklustre performance"

Similar:
    uninspired

uninspiring

unimaginative

dull

humdrum

colourless

You seem to think so.

Check your post🤣

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not a Robbie hater ( as I have stated so many times before ) but I can see his failings and will call them out every time he fails. I also call out when he does well just for balance.

But many of those who jump to his defense, seem to have missed a very large portion of the crowd booing the team off at half time, so there are far more people concerned about how we are playing than post on here.

Those jumping to his defense are a very small minority of the crowd who attend games. Most can see the slow ponderous play is not what the fans want to see and while it's been posted before we really should be seeing off many of the teams who give us a hard time. The quality of player we have should be ripping teams below us just as the bigot rip the whole league. NO, we won't win every game but we should be performing far better than recent showings, and getting beat while playing well and making an effort can be excused. It's getting beat or ripped by teams at the bottom of the league and giving a lack luster display that gets folks backs up.

Here you go...

Maybe should've checked the dictionary before posting.

Edited by Rudolf

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not a Robbie hater ( as I have stated so many times before ) but I can see his failings and will call them out every time he fails. I also call out when he does well just for balance.

But many of those who jump to his defense, seem to have missed a very large portion of the crowd booing the team off at half time, so there are far more people concerned about how we are playing than post on here.

Those jumping to his defense are a very small minority of the crowd who attend games. Most can see the slow ponderous play is not what the fans want to see and while it's been posted before we really should be seeing off many of the teams who give us a hard time. The quality of player we have should be ripping teams below us just as the bigot rip the whole league. NO, we won't win every game but we should be performing far better than recent showings, and getting beat while playing well and making an effort can be excused. It's getting beat or ripped by teams at the bottom of the league and giving a lack luster display that gets folks backs up.

Slow ponderous play....

Perform far better.....

getting ripped of teams bottom of the league.....

Checks notes 

Utd, 2w, 1d -9 goals for 2 against

Motherwell  p2, w2-for 6 against 2.

P5, w4, d1- f 15 against 4.

3rd in the league,  3rd most goals scored.

The issue  with you, as it is many others is that you make up shite and post it as criticism. 

Whether it be the nonsense above or inventing new targets like the  next level stuff.

You sound utterly ridiculous. 

You just make up shite and post it.

All because you dislike the guy in charge.

Mental behaviour.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Slow ponderous play....

Perform far better.....

getting ripped of teams bottom of the league.....

Checks notes 

Utd, 2w, 1d -9 goals for 2 against

Motherwell  p2, w2-for 6 against 2 (played the vast majority of one game with 10 men)

P5, w4, d1- f 15 against 4.

3rd in the league,  3rd most goals scored.

The issue  with you, as it is many others is that you make up shite and post it as criticism. 

Whether it be the nonsense above or inventing new targets like the  next level stuff.

You sound utterly ridiculous. 

You just make up shite and post it.

All because you dislike the guy in charge.

Mental behaviour.

Another small point added.

i wish jj was my dad
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah us alleged Robbie haters dont support the team 🤪.

I don't think i suggested you hate Robbie. I did ask why it was so odd for Hearts supporters to... er.. support Hearts? You've got me there 👍

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

He isn't, though. Nowhere even close.

Yip, folk need to read stuff before getting all excited.

Pretty obvious stuff, wants us to be more aggressive but we'll also need patience. 

Some folk getting wee stubbies because they thought they got one thing correct.

One poster doesn't need to read stuff tho.....

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Try reading that again, I said they dont like being called Happy Clappers (mimicking the term Robbie haters who those critical of him don’t like apparently). I didn’t call them Happy Clappers. 

Right we'll say that. The way you've worded it isn't particularly supportive of what you've said above but I'll take you at your word. 

Disliking and liking anyone is a personal thing.

Touched on it the other night with my irrational dislike of Claudia Winkleman.

It’s perfectly normal to dislike someone who is doing well or being successful. See Ms Winkleman. It’s also perfectly fine to like someone who is or has done badly. I had a real soft spot for Daniel Stendel. I was desperate for him to be successful. Didn’t work out.

What am I trying to say?

I think what I’m trying to say is it’s fine to dislike or hate Robbie. It’s a personal thing.

Where I get frustrated is when people try and influence others into disliking the person they dislike. I will make my own mind up thank you very much.

Edit:

When the influencing is driven by hatred or dislike. That’s a key point.

Edited by Vlad Magic
Explained in edit.

We were heading for a third turgid performance in a row before the luckiest man in football got lucky again with a red card and a complete change in the momentum of the game.

Fair play to Robbie, I wouldn't have put Gino to right back but we got away with it. He will probably pick Gino at left back next week just to really mess with everybody.

Ongoing problems include:

- Playing three centre halves is daft, when we do play a back three it is to accommodate Kingsley and Cochrane in the same team so that we can overload that side of the pitch. This is why I have a problem with Robbie, I don't think he understands his own tactics.

- One of Hill, Sibbick, and Rowles have to go on the bench, my choice would be Hill as he is not our player long term and he gives me the fear with his square passing.

- Atkinson, probably our best option at right wing back but Robbie will probably pick everyone including Shankland there before doing the obvious

- Kiomourtzoglou, why did we spend money on this guy? Surely he could play next to Snodgrass as a neat left foot/right foot partnership. Again Robbie will try every insane idea including Garang Kuol in central midfield before the obvious solution.

- George Grant, give him a start, lets see what he can do. Here's a wacky idea if you didn't pick three central defenders we could have an extra midfielder on the pitch and start the game with a formation that might work

- Oda, is there a plan for this guy? So far Robbie's decisions seem designed to break his spirit and confidence.

This Hamilton game is really important we can't afford to fall on our face again and hope we get lucky

1 minute ago, Niall said:

We were heading for a third turgid performance in a row before the luckiest man in football got lucky again with a red card and a complete change in the momentum of the game.

Fair play to Robbie, I wouldn't have put Gino to right back but we got away with it. He will probably pick Gino at left back next week just to really mess with everybody.

Ongoing problems include:

- Playing three centre halves is daft, when we do play a back three it is to accommodate Kingsley and Cochrane in the same team so that we can overload that side of the pitch. This is why I have a problem with Robbie, I don't think he understands his own tactics.

- One of Hill, Sibbick, and Rowles have to go on the bench, my choice would be Hill as he is not our player long term and he gives me the fear with his square passing.

- Atkinson, probably our best option at right wing back but Robbie will probably pick everyone including Shankland there before doing the obvious

- Kiomourtzoglou, why did we spend money on this guy? Surely he could play next to Snodgrass as a neat left foot/right foot partnership. Again Robbie will try every insane idea including Garang Kuol in central midfield before the obvious solution.

- George Grant, give him a start, lets see what he can do. Here's a wacky idea if you didn't pick three central defenders we could have an extra midfielder on the pitch and start the game with a formation that might work

- Oda, is there a plan for this guy? So far Robbie's decisions seem designed to break his spirit and confidence.

This Hamilton game is really important we can't afford to fall on our face again and hope we get lucky

Good post. Don’t agree with every word but raises good points. Hill is the best in the air. He wouldn’t be on the bench for me.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

😆

robbie agreeing with the haters bending one or two desperados out of shape :(

I was beginning to think starting slowly and passively was a clever deliberate tactic due to some of the recent posts on here from the students of the game thankfully prof neilson has kyboshed that nonsense

as you said earlier mate it’s good he recognises it hopefully he can start to put it right starting on Friday as that could be a 🍌 skin 🙉

Naisys Tackle
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Were you not critical of those name calling earlier on? Lets not use terms like haters, nutjobs, happy clappers, rabids etc. 

Yes I'm being sarcastic after someone named a group nut jobs earlier on today.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s perfectly normal to dislike someone who is doing well or being successful. See Ms Winkleman. It’s also perfectly fine to like someone who is or has done badly. I had a real soft spot for Daniel Stendel. I was desperate for him to be successful. Didn’t work out.

What am I trying to say?

I think what I’m trying to say is it’s fine to dislike or hate Robbie. It’s a personal thing.

Where I get frustrated is when people try and influence others into disliking the person they dislike. I will make my own mind up thank you very much.

Edit:

She annoyed me too.

The fringe  the laugh, the silliness. 

Ex member of the SaS
45 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Here you go...

Maybe should've checked the dictionary before posting.

You got me, I can't understand that as I am pretty good at the spilling

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Apologies didn’t see that 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

robbie agreeing with the haters bending one or two desperados out of shape :(

I was beginning to think starting slowly and passively was a clever deliberate tactic due to some of the recent posts on here from the students of the game thankfully prof neilson has kyboshed that nonsense

as you said earlier mate it’s good he recognises it hopefully he can start to put it right starting on Friday as that could be a 🍌 skin 🙉

Definitely, could be something really simple, hopefully anyway. 

33 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Think that might have been me in reference to people who are demanding he wins the league . If so then stand by it 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

What am I trying to say?

Edit:

Nothing irrational about your dislike for Winkleman to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The quality of player we have should be ripping teams below us just as the bigot rip the whole league. NO, we won't win every game but we should be performing far better than recent showings, and getting beat while playing well and making an effort can be excused. It's getting beat or ripped by teams at the bottom of the league and giving a lack luster display that gets folks backs up.

Great. Everyone will be be happy then because Robbie is undefeated against the bottom 6 with a 90% win rate. 

Mods, close the thread. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Think that might have been me in reference to people who are demanding he wins the league . If so then stand by it 

No wasn't bud a comment on this thread having more nutjobs than the covid thread that was posted without any context and just to aggravate other posters.   Your point is totally valid ;) 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

No wasn't bud a comment on this thread having more nutjobs than the covid thread that was posted without any context and just to aggravate other posters.   Your point is totally valid ;) 

Cool 😄 

6 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

What a crock of shite of a thread. 

Evening all 👍🏻

Glad you could join us!

:fonzie:

28 minutes ago, CMc said:

Great. Everyone will be be happy then because Robbie is undefeated against the bottom 6 with a 90% win rate. 

Mods, close the thread. 

Mods, can we do something about the likes of CMc who insist on using facts and seem to refuse to flail about embarrassingly? Unwelcome imho.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

In the interests of balance isn't pish patter like this the same as branding everyone with criticisms a Robbie hater?

Yes it probably is but Robbie lovers sounds even worse!

Fozzyonthefence
47 minutes ago, Sooks said:

People?  Is there actually more than one?  Either way, they’re so few and far between it’s easy to pop them on ignore if they wind folk up so much. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

botn, the "out of position" narrative is pish though.  Forrest played there a couple of weeks ago and did really well.  He can, at home, in a game we should be on the front foot, play RWB no bother at all.  You're hoping the game pans out that he's essentially playing winger.  Look at our WBs heat maps.  It's mostly offensive (not quite Jerry Sadowitz, but certainly Frankie Boyle).

Just a pet peev of mine, a player being assigned a positional tag and anything else is "out of position".  A player has a skillset and can be utilised to its benefit.  Forrest at RWB/RM is hardly a stretch.  A "real" RWB on the bench?  Well, yes, in essence.  But we're not at training and Natty quite obviously isn't fitting in to the thinking.

I agree more fully on Halliday at CM in a 2, along with Snoddy.  Not sure that ever had legs.  What i will say is we're not sure Grant and Kio were fit.  For neither to start the last two games, I'd suggest not.  I just can't help but keep wondering about that virus and if a lot of wailing on here totally misses Robbie etc having to manage minutes very heavily due to illness and subsequent fatigue (see Humps' interview where he had 2 days in bed then a stinker in training on Friday!!).  We don't know is the point.

Can’t think of any time Forrest has played “really well” at RWB if I’m honest. Even against St. Johnstone when he scored finishing off that excellent move, that was a moment in a match where he didn’t have many great ones. Particularly defensively.

But I have said in the past he is good for cover. As in if Smith or Atkinson are unavailable. But Atkinson has been available, and it’s pretty clear he’d be better at RWB than Forrest. If Neilson has issues with Atkinson, then he has to make sure that whoever he puts in his place does a sufficient enough job to justify the decision. Until then it’ll get questioned.

9 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I love this thread. It's a constant reminder that I have all the right people on ignore. Shame you can't block quoted posts.

Would up my subs for this feature. 

Mods: 

439E0814-A616-4907-8F2A-5D4F38FD5776.gif

Edited by CMc

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

People?  Is there actually more than one?  Either way, they’re so few and far between it’s easy to pop them on ignore if they wind folk up so much. 

Definitely more than one yes 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Definitely more than one yes 

I can think of one, supposedly ex player, who doesn’t post anymore that would come out with that but I’m sure you could count them all on the fingers of one hand.  They’re as deluded as the folk that think Robbie is irreplaceable. 

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I can think of one, supposedly ex player, who doesn’t post anymore that would come out with that but I’m sure you could count them all on the fingers of one hand.  They’re as deluded as the folk that think Robbie is irreplaceable. 

Is there anyone who thinks Robbie is irreplaceable? Seriously?

9 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Can you make a list of these people please?

For further reference we need list of peoples names 😁

i wish jj was my dad
27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Robbie is definitely replaceable. I just don't see any need to even think about it just now unless he fancied another trip to english lower leagues which i doubt.  When the time does come we need to be very careful we don't undo all the good work he had done by appointing a Tommy McLean or Ian Cathro. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can’t think of any time Forrest has played “really well” at RWB if I’m honest. Even against St. Johnstone when he scored finishing off that excellent move, that was a moment in a match where he didn’t have many great ones. Particularly defensively.

But I have said in the past he is good for cover. As in if Smith or Atkinson are unavailable. But Atkinson has been available, and it’s pretty clear he’d be better at RWB than Forrest. If Neilson has issues with Atkinson, then he has to make sure that whoever he puts in his place does a sufficient enough job to justify the decision. Until then it’ll get questioned.

Something is up with Natty. Not my place to guess what but the coaching staff are not going to just forget about a guy who was our first choice RWB for a while without some reason. There's rumors as to why and they're just rumors but it's plain there's something going on.

14 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Robbie is definitely replaceable. I just don't see any need to even think about it just now unless he fancied another trip to english lower leagues which i doubt.  When the time does come we need to be very careful we don't undo all the good work he had done by appointing a Tommy McLean or Ian Cathro. 

You just need to look at Hibs, Aberdeen and our recent past for how likely you are to recruit an upgrade on a successful SPFL premiership manager.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Like the phrase “take us to the next level”, “doing better” also means different things to different fans and doesn’t necessarily mean winning the lesgue or even splitting the OF.   For example, even if we finish 3rd we’re going to finish more than 40 points behind Celtic this season - that’s a horrific stat and I certainly think we could and should be doing better than that.  Next season I would certainly be looking for an improvement in our league points total and performances in Europe.

Let's flip this around and see which squads get the best value per £ spent.

Now major caveat, these salaries are taken from https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership and could be wildly wrong. I'm hoping they are all equally as accurate/innacurate though I'm surprised they have Hibs spend above us (Boyle maybe?) and Rangers outspending Celtic. This also doesn't take into consideration transfer fees spent which is far more difficult to gauge. 

image.png.3fac0faebb1e4aef1e3f31dbc2409965.png

* Teams in gold have a game in hand. 
* Utd budget from previous year 

We could plug any better/more plausible sources if available, this is just to illustrate that bridging the gap is difficult for anyone outwith the old firm. Its far easier  for Kilmarnock to have a good season at our expense spending 50% of our wages, than it is for us to bridge that gap to the old firm who outspend us by a factor of 5. 3rd - 10th is a bit of a crab bucket and we've done really well to extricate ourselves from it all things considered. 

I'd love us to use our relative success to cement a 3rd best - and use that as a platform to draw some distance from the pack. Our recruitment team makes me as excited as our relatively improved spending ability does, as we are researching our players very intelligently - and spending much more wisely. 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I totally agree with your point, Atkinson should play if Smith is unavailable and I honestly don't get why he's not getting the opportunity. It seems a bit strange and even stranger given that Forrest has started with him on the bench. 

I get Atkinson hasn't had the easiest of starts here but he's had some very good games for us and he's young enough to improve. 

Ultimately we don't know the reasons, we can only speculate.

As for Forrest at RWB. Many wingers have successfully turned into wing backs, perhaps we believe Forrest could flourish as an attacking wing back. I don't know, 🤷🏻‍♂️ but I'd suspect that learning that position would take him time and wouldn't be something he'd master after 2 or 3 brief appearances. 

But you're right. An out of form Atkinson is probably going to be more efficient at RWB than Forrest. 

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You just need to look at Hibs, Aberdeen and our recent past for how likely you are to recruit an upgrade on a successful SPFL premiership manager.

Like the poster you are replying to I don't think there is any need to be looking for a replacement for Robbie but I totally disagree with your general point. Hearts are in a much much better position to be replacing Robbie, when the time is right, whenever that is, to secure a far better level of candidate. We also now have football people who have the best interests of the club at heart and in Savage someone who clearly has contacts around the globe and knows what he is doing. We will also have a budget that exceeds anything we've previously had (through legitimate means) both to entice someone salary wise and in respect to the quality of the 1st team squad they'll be in charge of. Absolutely no reason we can't bring in an exciting replacement when the time comes.