Robbie Neilson ( merged )

Absolute Scenes

29 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It makes me laugh when I see Neilson and the players getting interviewed post match at Tynecastle . Our advertising wall with all these great sponsors and companies on it and then there is Glens jammed in there stinking the board out :rofl: 

Haha. Hadn’t noticed that. The budget brand just suits the spl. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Sinbad the Sailor
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Did you get an award too?

😁Fozzy I got the voice of reason award. On the back of our gubbin' by SEVCO there will be a few no happy! Kind of ironic. Anyway chuffed for Robbie he's entitled to the odd mincesteak.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

😁Fozzy I got the voice of reason award. On the back of our gubbin' by SEVCO there will be a few no happy! Kind of ironic. Anyway chuffed for Robbie he's entitled to the odd mincesteak.

The Sevco result is nothing to do with it, that was in February.  We were unbeaten in January.  

Naisys Tackle

Hearts win a game - slag other posters.

Robbie wins manager of the month - slag other posters.

Hearts lose a game - slag other posters.

A surprising theme developing here. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Hearts win a game - slag other posters.

Robbie wins manager of the month - slag other posters.

Hearts lose a game - slag other posters.

A surprising theme developing here. 

You surely must be enjoying the squirming though ? Been two beauties in as many days . First the one about Neilson admitting he is disappointed at how we start games , and now this . Entrenched polarised defences and assaults bouncing around all over the place , as those in the trenches scrabble around looking for scraps of validation . I am loving it , and I hope tomorrow brings a new walk of shame :rofl:

Sinbad the Sailor
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Sevco result is nothing to do with it, that was in February.  We were unbeaten in January.  

True Fozzy - apologies but there will still be some who are raging.

Edited by Sinbad the Sailor

4 hours ago, Barack said:

Anyone on this thread willing to admit that they post on Hearts' Facebook page & fan group page?

Be interesting.

I followed the group about a year back but removed myself as some of the posts were just ridiculous.  People wanting Neilson out after every single game we don't win.

Naisys Tackle
22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

You surely must be enjoying the squirming though ? Been two beauties in as many days . First the one about Neilson admitting he is disappointed at how we start games , and now this . Entrenched polarised defences and assaults bouncing around all over the place , as those in the trenches scrabble around looking for scraps of validation . I am loving it , and I hope tomorrow brings a new walk of shame :rofl:

It is quite enjoyable yeah have to admit both sides.  Lot of it I feel cringing for some. :) 

The name calling and pouncing on something positive to call people thick etc over is what gets me. 

18 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Let's flip this around and see which squads get the best value per £ spent.

Now major caveat, these salaries are taken from https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership and could be wildly wrong. I'm hoping they are all equally as accurate/innacurate though I'm surprised they have Hibs spend above us (Boyle maybe?) and Rangers outspending Celtic. This also doesn't take into consideration transfer fees spent which is far more difficult to gauge. 

image.png.3fac0faebb1e4aef1e3f31dbc2409965.png

* Teams in gold have a game in hand. 
* Utd budget from previous year 

We could plug any better/more plausible sources if available, this is just to illustrate that bridging the gap is difficult for anyone outwith the old firm. Its far easier  for Kilmarnock to have a good season at our expense spending 50% of our wages, than it is for us to bridge that gap to the old firm who outspend us by a factor of 5. 3rd - 10th is a bit of a crab bucket and we've done really well to extricate ourselves from it all things considered. 

I'd love us to use our relative success to cement a 3rd best - and use that as a platform to draw some distance from the pack. Our recruitment team makes me as excited as our relatively improved spending ability does, as we are researching our players very intelligently - and spending much more wisely. 

Since you've already got that in a spreadsheet, I'm curious what it would look like if you did £/ln(point) instead of £/pt. (In other words make a column that's the natural log of points, then another column that's points divided by that column.) My thinking is that getting from 0 to 10 points in an SPFL season is a whole lot cheaper than getting from 70 to 80.

13 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

:rofl: Ok Mr Pessimistic. I have faith in Savage given recent player recruitment and his contacts. You be a naysayer and I guess at some point we will find out what pull we have as a club with real actual football people in charge of the appointment. 

Glad you have faith in Savage. Given that Savage seems to think very highly of Neilson and values his contributions, maybe trust him on that too?

36 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I followed the group about a year back but removed myself as some of the posts were just ridiculous.  People wanting Neilson out 30 minutes into a match

FTFY

14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Glad you have faith in Savage. Given that Savage seems to think very highly of Neilson and values his contributions, maybe trust him on that too?

No idea what you are talking about. Have quite clearly stated I’ve faith in Savage to replace Robbie when that time comes which clearly isn’t now. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

😂

Saw him give this gesture during the game, Any idea at whom it was directed?

Wonder who came to the decision to award it to Robbie.

Is it a collection of judges ?

If so, i want to see a copy of the minutes. 

10 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

No idea what you are talking about. Have quite clearly stated I’ve faith in Savage to replace Robbie when that time comes which clearly isn’t now. 

Dont think Mr Savage has ever stated he wants to be the new manager . . . But, he is just down corridor . . . Soooo !!!

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Dont think Mr Savage has ever stated he wants to be the new manager . . . But, he is just down corridor . . . Soooo !!!

Don’t give up the day job. 

Ex member of the SaS
10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The best man was in the building all along.🤣

1 minute ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

The best man was in the building all along.🤣

Its not funny, Luckies doesn't think so ☹️

24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Sorry then, misunderstood your point. Apologies.

3 hours ago, Mac80 said:

May be an image of 4 people, people standing, outdoors and text that says "GLEN'S PREMIERSHIP 2"

Robbie's arrogance in this photo is clear for all to see, being the only one allowed a coloured crest on his jaiket. Get him papped.

Niemi’s gloves
18 minutes ago, Sow Easy said:

Robbie's arrogance in this photo is clear for all to see, being the only one allowed a coloured crest on his jaiket. Get him papped.

seriously though, it’s good to see him sharing the kudos with the other coaches.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

He's is stating that since you have such faith in Savages judgement to replace Bob, you should extend that faith in Savages judgement in backing our current manager. 

In this context, I think its called a check mate.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

He's is stating that since you have such faith in Savages judgement to replace Bob, you should extend that faith in Savages judgement in backing our current manager. 

In this context, I think its called a check mate.

Bizarre. Nowhere have I suggested otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Since you've already got that in a spreadsheet, I'm curious what it would look like if you did £/ln(point) instead of £/pt. (In other words make a column that's the natural log of points, then another column that's points divided by that column.) My thinking is that getting from 0 to 10 points in an SPFL season is a whole lot cheaper than getting from 70 to 80.

Not sure if this what you wanted

image.png.fefa1193d330b1ee9c064f54d7a93370.png

12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Not sure if this what you wanted

image.png.fefa1193d330b1ee9c064f54d7a93370.png

That's it. Didn't work out like I thought it would, but thanks anyway. I feel like there's some kind of expected additional cost function that would level things out a little more but it's clearly not natural log. . .

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Brilliant, well deserved.

Apart from the completely unacceptable performance against Rangers at home (again)

I agree. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Apart from the completely unacceptable performance against Rangers at home (again)

I agree. 

That was February.

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I agree. 

That was February.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I agree. 

Manager of the month for January. 

January..... 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It was the 1st of February, geeza break. 

If you're gonna spraff nonsense at least be on point, otherwise you may come across a bit daft.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If you're gonna spraff nonsense at least be on point, otherwise you may come across a bit daft.

What nonsense did i spraff? I got the date wrong by a day, and you prefer to go on about that and completely ignore the Rangers performance. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What nonsense did i spraff? I got the date wrong by a day, and you prefer to go on about that and completely ignore the Rangers performance. 

You came on to besmirch Bob and his award and made an arse of it, ha!

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You came on to besmirch Bob and his award and made an arse of it, ha!

Aye, whatever, clappy hands. 

39 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I agree. 

425f562d369d334bf939b883b04582e3.jpg.61f1053512addbff1b029548a595b97b.jpg

13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

27nccq.jpg

Always good to highlight an epic slavering.

Wouldn't want the good folks of JKB to miss oot 😃

Avg

1. Squad number28Player nameClark
    Average rating

2. Squad number21Player nameSibbick
    Average rating

3. Squad number61Player nameKuol
    Average rating

4. Squad number9Player nameShankland
    Average rating

5. Squad number15Player nameRowles
    Average rating

6. Squad number77Player nameSnodgrass
    Average rating

7. Squad number19Player nameCochrane
    Average rating

8. Squad number18Player nameMcKay
    Average rating

9. Squad number3Player nameKingsley
    Average rating

10. Squad number17Player nameForrest
    Average rating

11. Squad number30Player nameGinnelly
    Average rating

12. Squad number72Player nameHill
    Average rating

13. Squad number88Player nameOda
    Average rating

14. Squad number8Player nameKiomourtzoglou
    Average rating

It's all good beating shite teams, but the aim is to try and compete with Rangers and Celtic (in one off games at least)

Not anywhere near happening. 

He's learned absolutely nothing in that regard. 

And yes, i know i'm wasting my time. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's all good beating shite teams, but the aim is to try and compete with Rangers and Celtic (in one off games at least)

Not anywhere near happening. 

He's learned absolutely nothing in that regard. 

And yes, i know i'm wasting my time.