• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Naisys Tackle

• i wish jj was my dad

• BlueRiver

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's all good beating shite teams, but the aim is to try and compete with Rangers and Celtic (in one off games at least)

Not anywhere near happening. 

He's learned absolutely nothing in that regard. 

And yes, i know i'm wasting my time. 

we done that the last time Celtic visited? 

21 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's all good beating shite teams, but the aim is to try and compete with Rangers and Celtic (in one off games at least)

Could you tell me why teams far closer to us in budgets haven't bridged that smaller gap, please?

19 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Its a strange pursuit you have, it seems to me all your trying to do is convince content Hearts supporters that we have a Shit manager. Utterly bizarre way to get your jolly's.

If you manage to "change" someones opinion i hope you give yourself a wee pat on the back.

A_A wehatethehibs
34 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Zero progress towards the aim. 

You haven’t got a Danny La Rue about football bud 

Sinbad the Sailor
45 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Pretty sure we had Smelltic on the rack and remind me how many injured players were out against Sevco?

Smelltic spent more this month than we have since 1874 and Sevco's squad is worth 10s of £millions more.

Baby steps.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Apart from the completely unacceptable performance against Rangers at home (again)

I agree. 

That was February 1st. 

Just now, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Pretty sure we had Smelltic on the rack and remind me how many injured players were out against Sevco?

Smelltic spent more this month than we have since 1874 and Sevco's squad is worth 10s of £millions more.

Baby steps.

It's not enough for me, with the budget we have, i'm sorry. 

Teams like Ross county put up a better fight. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think we need to look at that come the end of the season.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ah, fair enough. 

He's not getting it this month then, ha. 

No chance, back to one of the uglies big heads. 

Sinbad the Sailor
22 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

1. OF raise their game against us not teams like Ross County 

2. How many points have they taken from OF games

Weneed to learn to beat the "shite" teams all the time first!

5 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

1. OF raise their game against us not teams like Ross County 

2. How many points have they taken from OF games

Weneed to learn to beat the "shite" teams all the time first!

We're only beating the shite teams because we can now afford better players though, brief moments of quality. 

We rarely play well under Neilson and have no real identity. I really feel like this could end up an opportunity missed. 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're only beating the shite teams because we can now afford better players though, brief moments of quality. 

We rarely play well under Neilson and have no real identity. I really feel like this could end up an opportunity missed. 

We just beat two teams with effectively our same budget 11-0 over three games.

9 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Saw him give this gesture during the game, Any idea at whom it was directed?

Not you . I doubt you were there to see it

10 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Saw him give this gesture during the game, Any idea at whom it was directed?

Asghar seems most likely

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What "opportunity" have we missed ?

As you say above, we are beating teams that have a smaller budget than us because we have better players.

A bit like the OF do against us.

Other teams maybe "give them a game" but the outcome is still usually the same.

Our "realistic" target at this time is to regularly be best of the rest, it seems we are on course to do that again

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

And folk wonder why some posters get it tight? This isn't constructive criticism because you think we can improve. It's made up nonsense driven by God knows what. 

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

We just beat two teams with effectively our same budget 11-0 over three games.

But they had shite managers. 

10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So basically the same reason the OF usually pump us then?

9 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

So basically the same reason the OF usually pump us then?

Was going to say the same.  The greedy fella is having a mare.

On 07/02/2023 at 21:14, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm happy with those stats, backs up my opinion that Stephen Robinson and David Martindale are better than what we've got. 

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

49 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Dont get how some are biting at this painful trolling 

Is it trolling, or is it something else?

12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That'll be the same RC that Hamilton knocked out of the cup ?

The one that has 50% of our points in the league ?

3 Hearts 25 10 42

4 Livingston 24 -7 35
5 Hibernian 25 -1 34

6 St Mirren 24 -7 33

7 Aberdeen 25 -8 32
8 St Johnstone 25 -13 27
9 Kilmarnock 25 -23 23
10 Ross County 25 -18 21

30 days has September

April June and November

All the rest have 31 days 

Excepting February alone 

That has 28 days clear

and 29 in each leap year

I just hope we keep fighting to improve  performances against the old firm and look to nick the odd win more frequently.  You’ll never dominate them but you still have to have a desire, like Neilson does and often talks about.   

Our loss percentage combined against both since 2010 is quite alarming.

Must be the worst for some time.  

I just had a quick scan of our victories per decade since 1990(didn’t count the matches played etc…)

(Top flight incl cup) if I’m right it reads (v both):-

1990- 2000.  17 wins 

2000- 2010.  14 wins

2010 to current:- 12 wins.  

Ex member of the SaS
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Not you . I doubt you were there to see it

I have stated many times I can no longer attend due to ill health. Had a season ticket in the old stand, section Q row Q we had seats 1-5.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I just hope we keep fighting to improve  performances against the old firm and look to nick the odd win more frequently.  You’ll never dominate them but you still have to have a desire, like Neilson does and often talks about.   

Our loss percentage combined against both since 2010 is quite alarming.

Must be the worst for some time.  

I just had a quick scan of our victories per decade since 1990(didn’t count the matches played etc…)

(Top flight incl cup) if I’m right it reads (v both):-

1990- 2000.  17 wins 

2000- 2010.  14 wins

2010 to current:- 12 wins.  

I actually think we're best ensuring we win more points off the non arse cheek teams.

As others have said, and defo more recently, the ugly sisters see us as a decent team so will up their game to beat us. our set up under budge, savage and Neilson will not be going unnoticed our west. Not to the extent of any serious concern, but enough to ensure we're put in our place.

2 hours ago, Tommy Walker said:

That'll be the same RC that Hamilton knocked out of the cup ?

The one that has 50% of our points in the league ?

3 Hearts 25 10 42

4 Livingston 24 -7 35
5 Hibernian 25 -1 34

6 St Mirren 24 -7 33

7 Aberdeen 25 -8 32
8 St Johnstone 25 -13 27
9 Kilmarnock 25 -23 23
10 Ross County 25 -18 21

Celtic and Rangers play Ross County and the likes at arms length, as they would.  It's like us playing a lower SPFL Champ or L1 team.

They're simply not allowed to do that against us.  It's jugular every time, their fans demand it.

I'm not saying we're rivals to them (its sad when Hibs behave like they're ours, I'm careful not to look like that!!), but simply that they see us as a big game domestically and beating us is their most sure fire way of asserting their dominance.  There is also genuine beef between our clubs/fans etc.

I'm 100% certain we play a different Celtic and Rangers to what most teams do on a weekly basis, and I include Hibs in that (possibly not Aberdeen, but perhaps still marginally)

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Celtic and Rangers play Ross County and the likes at arms length, as they would.  It's like us playing a lower SPFL Champ or L1 team.

They're simply not allowed to do that against us.  It's jugular every time, their fans demand it.

I'm not saying we're rivals to them (its sad when Hibs behave like they're ours, I'm careful not to look like that!!), but simply that they see us as a big game domestically and beating us is their most sure fire way of asserting their dominance.  There is also genuine beef between our clubs/fans etc.

I'm 100% certain we play a different Celtic and Rangers to what most teams do on a weekly basis, and I include Hibs in that (possibly not Aberdeen, but perhaps still marginally)

We perhaps just need to see a more consistent upgrade on Hearts showings from what we see against the other teams. You could say we have played Rangers, for example, as if it was a game against Dundee United or Ross County. Lets get those shorts dirty!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I think it has a lot to do with all the other teams playing the 'low block' whereas Robbie has the audacity (and I say that in a good way) to think we should be able to compete with the Uglies and sets out an open (to put it mildly) attacking line up. Of course, the day that it actually works will be when we really have reached the next level 🤞

35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I agree with this.  The 0-2 loss in Dec 2021 was a good example of how on certain days (when we keep 11 on the park and are tactically on it) we generally give them a game like no other SPFL team can. We lost that game after spurning multiple chances. Rangers, being a team with good players punished us. Similar to how we have won matches this season. 

Celtic fans will also tell you that their hardest game is against us so this narrative about other clubs giving them a harder game is just incorrect. These teams will scramble points setting out defensively against them and from time to time get the lucky breaks to steal a point or more.

Edited by damo

Bazzas right boot

Greedy jambo has hade a mare. 

Got the months mixed up.

Used Ross county as an example when they've not been Rangers and got emptied out the sc by Hamilton recently.

Talked about " the aim," then started scrambling. 

A besmirching that back fired quite spectacularly.

On 04/02/2023 at 18:25, No Idle Talk said:

Hmmmm.........ok I'll try asking you a different way.

We've just had a ten game unbeaten run, up until Wednesday. We had a twelve game unbeaten run at the beginning of the 2005/06 season.

(Ignoring the fact that twelve is a greater number than ten 😄) did you enjoy both of those runs equally or did you enjoy one more than the other? If you enjoyed one more than the other, why was that?

I think most people, at the time, enjoyed the one where we had players (including Champions League and European Championships winners) that we were only able to recruit because our owner at the time was bankrolling us to an extent that we could pay the necessary wages (the sort of wages that led us into administration after the bankrolling stopped) more than the most recent run. 

It was more enjoyable at the time because we were playing some great football and looked capable of a serious challenge for the league title. If you adjust the wages being paid then for inflation, you'd be talking about paying something like £12k-£15k per week, if not more, for these players now. 

Expecting us to play like that now, or using it as a benchmark to judge our current performances by, is just batshit mental. 

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Greedy jambo has hade a mare. 

Got the months mixed up.

Used Ross county as an example when they've not been Rangers and got emptied out the sc by Hamilton recently.

Talked about " the aim," then started scrambling. 

A besmirching that back fired quite spectacularly.

You have a mare every day on Kickback, clogging up the threads with constant criticism of anyone who doesn't agree with you.

21 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Could you tell me why teams far closer to us in budgets haven't bridged that smaller gap, please?

20 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So, so close yet so unbelievably stupid/blinded by bias that you cannot connect the dots. 

Rangers and Celtic are only beating, well, everyone else (by comparison all shite teams) because they can afford better players. 

You must have to twist your logic up so much to avoid seeing that it applies equally to all teams, that you are in danger of cutting off the oxygen to your brain. 

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, JayTeeJnr said:

You have a mare every day on Kickback, clogging up the threads with constant criticism of anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Cool story.

The pantomime rant of some flamer calling him self Matty on The Hearts Review podcast is worth a listen for any one who wants a lesson on how not to lose their mind completely and then broadcast it to a few dozen people :rofl:

People say that hate is not an appropriate word to describe how some who want Neilson out on here feel ……………. if this guy is typical of them then it is highly accurate 

6 hours ago, Sooks said:

The pantomime rant of some flamer calling him self Matty on The Hearts Review podcast is worth a listen for any one who wants a lesson on how not to lose their mind completely and then broadcast it to a few dozen people :rofl:

People say that hate is not an appropriate word to describe how some who want Neilson out on here feel ……………. if this guy is typical of them then it is highly accurate 

Cheers, but I'd rather throw darts at my feet

Just now, Smithee said:

Cheers, but I'd rather throw darts at my feet

Depends how you look at it . I felt the same way after the first couple of listens …………. Now I appreciate the good things I can take from it . The boy is totally all over the place and it makes it quite funny . Truth is , I do not want to miss the episode where he actually just breaks down in front of the microphone and starts sobbing uncontrollably . The recent cracking in his voice suggests that this is not too far away 

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Depends how you look at it . I felt the same way after the first couple of listens …………. Now I appreciate the good things I can take from it . The boy is totally all over the place and it makes it quite funny . Truth is , I do not want to miss the episode where he actually just breaks down in front of the microphone and starts sobbing uncontrollably . The recent cracking in his voice suggests that this is not too far away 

Imagine if things were going badly

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Imagine if things were going badly

They are in his view . The episode before was covering the two vermin and the sheep game , it was gritted teeth praise a go go 😄

The latest one was Livi , Huns and United , and it was like he was just let off the naughty step by his mum . Voice was cracking , personal insults , wee high pitched noises in the back ground when others were talking , it was glorious to listen to 

Honestly could not recommend this shit show of a podcast enough :rofl: 

21 hours ago, JayTeeJnr said:

👏 certainly plays the man with incredible regularity. 

On 05/02/2023 at 23:19, DalryJambo said:

Thing is we're reasonably comfortable in 3rd despite having had a very difficult start to the season due to European football.  Add to that the larger turnover of players as the squad is being strengthend and its not surprising performances have been up and down.

However we are still third and are very much building for future success.

I'm assuming this summer we'll have far fewer incoming players (maybe only 2 or 3 max) so hopefully we'll go into the next season with our strongest squad for as long as I can remember and they'll mostly be familiar with each other and settled.

I guess we'll see if we can build further on what we have and gain some consistency. I'll be less inclined to defend Neilson next season if we don't really push on and improve our points per game average and narrow the gap on second considerably.

Barring a collapse we should be back in Europe next season. Our squad needs to improve to cope with the midweek and weekend football should we qualify for the group stages again. The summer recruitment needs to be a good one. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

They are in his view . The episode before was covering the two vermin and the sheep game , it was gritted teeth praise a go go 😄

The latest one was Livi , Huns and United , and it was like he was just let off the naughty step by his mum . Voice was cracking , personal insults , wee high pitched noises in the back ground when others were talking , it was glorious to listen to 

Honestly could not recommend this shit show of a podcast enough :rofl: 

What's it called?