• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• Fozzyonthefence

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

For what it's worth I agree totally with you.

What people forget on here is that as Hearts fans we all want the best players and outcomes for the team we support.

The fact that we dare to suggest that certain player may not be up to the standard we expect is just not understood by some.

I am sure there are many that disagree but just get on with their lives instead of trying to pick holes in comments made about a player or nit pick on indvidual words used.

Just like me I am sure you would be delighted if KIO proves us wrong and goes on to be a great player for us but just like you based on what I have seen so far I am far from convinced. We all know it is early days into his career with Hearts but often first opinions stick and turn out to be correct. Of course they can often be wrong as well and hopefully we are.

Now I am sure that Joe Savage and his team have done their homework on him and I am sure Robbie was happy to take him onboard based on their groundwork in getting him.

We all know it can take a while for players to settle especially from a foreign country and he and Grant may just need that extra bit of time to settle and start producing the goods.

Like you I just don't see it happening with KIO so far but does that mean we are not supposed to dare to make a negative comment?

It is obvious that certain posters on here for reasons best known to themselves think that there opinion is final and there is no debating allowed.

Sadly that seems to be a true reflection of the online culture being adopted these days.

You are not allowed an opinion unless others allow it is the mantra

We're not talking about his opinions, we're slating his facts as in error. He then changes his facts only to still be in error. My only comment on his opinion was to state that Kio wasn't shite. 

1 minute ago, Thumperbeni said:

I’ve changed nothing, my opinion like the majority of the our support is that kio is shite. Some will have a different opinion that’s fine. Have a good day 👍🏼

You changed your story about him starting games 3 or 4 times.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

For what it's worth I agree totally with you.

What people forget on here is that as Hearts fans we all want the best players and outcomes for the team we support.

The fact that we dare to suggest that certain player may not be up to the standard we expect is just not understood by some.

I am sure there are many that disagree but just get on with their lives instead of trying to pick holes in comments made about a player or nit pick on indvidual words used.

Just like me I am sure you would be delighted if KIO proves us wrong and goes on to be a great player for us but just like you based on what I have seen so far I am far from convinced. We all know it is early days into his career with Hearts but often first opinions stick and turn out to be correct. Of course they can often be wrong as well and hopefully we are.

Now I am sure that Joe Savage and his team have done their homework on him and I am sure Robbie was happy to take him onboard based on their groundwork in getting him.

We all know it can take a while for players to settle especially from a foreign country and he and Grant may just need that extra bit of time to settle and start producing the goods.

Like you I just don't see it happening with KIO so far but does that mean we are not supposed to dare to make a negative comment?

It is obvious that certain posters on here for reasons best known to themselves think that there opinion is final and there is no debating allowed.

Sadly that seems to be a true reflection of the online culture being adopted these days.

You are not allowed an opinion unless others allow it is the mantra

👏 👏 

It’s also obvious that these same posters can’t get their heads around people being able to express an opinion on players online but still give them their full support on a Saturday.   

37 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

There is no right or wrong, it’s all about opinions, not sure what you’re getting at but get with it please 👍🏼

I think you will find there is clearly right and wrong in continually quoting appearance stats that are made up. Then making up some new ones when you are corrected.  Get with it please 👍

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You changed your story about him starting games 3 or 4 times.

No i never changed anything I got it wrong about which games he started, I can hold my hands up and say I was wrong about it something, it’s honestly no a big deal, one things for sure I have changed nothing on my opinion, thanks for playing 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I think you will find there is clearly right and wrong in continually quoting appearance stats that are made up. Then making up some new ones when you are corrected.  Get with it please 👍

As I said already I got it wrong with an appearance he’s made no big deal I can hold my hands up when I’ve made a mistake and got it wrong 👍🏼

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Every time you are shown your post is wrong you just change the point. Eventually you might get it right but that still doesn't change the basic fact that Kio is not shite

That is not a fact.  That is your opinion and I think you’re in the minority on that.  There’s a group of Hearts fans who think he’s shite and a group who think he’s decent.  One group will be right, one will be wrong.  Still too early to tell but I’d surprised if he’s a player we remember fondly in 5 years time, if we remember him at all.  More likely to be filed alongside the German guy Stendel signed (forgotten his name already).  

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

👏 👏 

It’s also obvious that these same posters can’t get their heads around people being able to express an opinion on players online but still give them their full support on a Saturday.   

How do you know that people like me for example who thinks kio is DUGSHITE doesn’t give them support on match day ? 

Edited by Thumperbeni

2 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

How do you know that people like me for example who thinks kio is DUGSHITE doesn’t give them support on match day ? 

Sorry I’ve misread your post, I compete agree with you, I don’t rate kio but obv give him my support on match day 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Read my post again. 

18 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Absolutely spot on, and explained far better than I tried so thanks for that, I have formed an opinion based on what I’ve seen and the guy is a donkey, nobody on here will convince me otherwise, I hope he proves me wrong but I’m not holding my breath as he’s had more than enough games to show something. I’ve seen nothing thus far and will go as far as saying he has no chance of getting the squad once we have all players back fit plus new additions. 

:thumb:

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Read my post again. 

Yes I apologise, I have misread it, i fully agree with your post, regardless of my opinions on players and kio in particular I still give them my full support, why folk resort to questioning this on here when someone has a difference of opinion is insane.

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

👏 👏 

Think people are not really seeing the bigger picture. If you are willing to pick out one player for well anything then that can translate to all of the players. Say Kio starts tonight. The poster mind is made up. So he is not really supporting the team. He does not believe the team is good enough due to one player. 

It’s not 100% 

I don’t have an issue with people saying that certain players had a poor game. That has always happend. If you go in with the mindset that the player is bad he will never have a good game and therefore it’s not 100% support for the team. 

Fozzyonthefence

Yes I apologise, I have misread it, i fully agree with your post, regardless of my opinions on players and kio in particular I still give them my full support, why folk resort to questioning this on here when someone has a difference of opinion is insane.

👍I think most fans are in the same boat, although there will be a tiny majority who go over the top with their criticism on match day.  Usually the older type of fan who wants the ball played forward at every opportunity!

Psychedelicropcircle

Weather update fi Pitlochry snaw melting away! Might pop down tonight no made up our minds! 

last outing at the Tory tractor arena nipper Lawrence era!

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

👍I think most fans are in the same boat, although there will be a tiny majority who go over the top with their criticism on match day.  Usually the older type of fan who wants the ball played forward at every opportunity!

Yeah the type who haven’t kicked a ball in their life, use stats as some kind of proof that there opinion is a fact, people have a difference of opinions that fine with me but I believe having read most of the topics on kio that the majority are of the same opinion as me about kio. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Think people are not really seeing the bigger picture. If you are willing to pick out one player for well anything then that can translate to all of the players. Say Kio starts tonight. The poster mind is made up. So he is not really supporting the team. He does not believe the team is good enough due to one player. 

It’s not 100% 

I don’t have an issue with people saying that certain players had a poor game. That has always happend. If you go in with the mindset that the player is bad he will never have a good game and therefore it’s not 100% support for the team. 

Sorry, but you’re wrong!  I can relate to personal experience.  I thought Sean Clare was pretty shite and remember coming away from a game thinking he had a great game today.  And he went on to improve as a player, playing in a new position.  

You just need to be openminded. 

And you can’t say a poster you don’t know isn’t supporting the team when you have no idea what he gets up to on match day.  He could be the most passionate supporter for all you know and put us all to shame. 

9 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Weather update fi Pitlochry snaw melting away! Might pop down tonight no made up our minds! 

last outing at the Tory tractor arena nipper Lawrence era!

Cash gate for Hearts fans in the Ormond Stand if you make a last-minute decision......

Edited by JALBO

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Sorry, but you’re wrong!  I can relate to personal experience.  I thought Sean Clare was pretty shite and remember coming away from a game thinking he had a great game today.  And he went on to improve as a player, playing in a new position.  

You just need to be openminded. 

And you can’t say a poster you don’t know isn’t supporting the team when you have no idea what he gets up to on match day.  He could be the most passionate supporter for all you know and put us all to shame. 

As far as I am concerned if someone pulls on that maroon jersey they will get my full support. If you go into a game believing that one of the 11 is not good enough etc etc then you are not fully supporting the team. Your supporting the other players yes but not the team. 

Sean Clare is a perfect example of what I am alluding to earlier with Sibbick, Pressley and Hartley.

10 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Yeah the type who haven’t kicked a ball in their life, use stats as some kind of proof that there opinion is a fact, people have a difference of opinions that fine with me but I believe having read most of the topics on kio that the majority are of the same opinion as me about kio. 

The type who have kicked a ball in their life would understand the need for an ariel presence for this evening game. Fans who have been watching our games this season instead of in your case looking to single out individuals will realise we need an ariel presence. 

Edit

Just seen post you will be backing Kio if he is in the team, my apologies. I just assumed types like you would be looking to boo at the slightest opportunity. 

Edited by Rods

1 minute ago, Rods said:

The type who have kicked a ball in their life would understand the need for an ariel presence for this evening game. Fans who have been watching our games this season instead of in your case looking to single out individuals will realise we need an ariel presence. 

We worry about ourselves and we pick a team that can win the game based on what we do not what the opposition do, your suggesting we stick kio in our starting 11 because he wins headers shows me your knowledge of the game, this is another of neilsons problems seen as you’ve brought it up, we don’t play to OUR strengths, if we had done we would have collected more points that what we have. 

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Edit

Just seen post you will be backing Kio if he is in the team, my apologies. I just assumed types like you would be looking to boo at the slightest opportunity. 

What a weird thing to say.

5 minutes ago, Rods said:

And by the way I haven’t singled anyone out I’ve once again given my opinion on a player who due to his poor performances has singled himself out for criticism, that’s the way these forums work, surely you understand that ?

12 minutes ago, Rods said:

As far as I am concerned if someone pulls on that maroon jersey they will get my full support. If you go into a game believing that one of the 11 is not good enough etc etc then you are not fully supporting the team. Your supporting the other players yes but not the team. 

Sean Clare is a perfect example of what I am alluding to earlier with Sibbick, Pressley and Hartley.

You be as well just giving up now, if someone doesn’t rate a player that there choice, you’ve just slavered a lot of nonsense about not supporting the team if you don’t rate one of the starting 11, football is about opinions you can’t seem to grasp this.

Just now, Thumperbeni said:

We worry about ourselves and we pick a team that can win the game based on what we do not what the opposition do, your suggesting we stick kio in our starting 11 because he wins headers shows me your knowledge of the game, this is another of neilsons problems seen as you’ve brought it up, we don’t play to OUR strengths, if we had done we would have collected more points that what we have. 

I feel like I am repeating myself. Kio came on against Killie and done that very thing he was asked to do and that was shore up the defensive side of things.

If you dont think we have weakness in the air then that shows what you know about football. We have had 2 shut outs in 32 what strengths are you talking about.  

I dont get the we are Hearts and we should be winning games. It does not translate onto the pitch and shows a naivety. Tonight is a perfect example we have not won in Perth for a long time. 

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, Rods said:

Of course they should all get our full support even if they’re pish.  You support the players through your actions during the 90 minutes, getting behind them, not through any preconceived negative perceptions you have in your head.  I just gave you my personal experience with one player to show that you’re wrong - I always supported Sean Clare when he pulled on a maroon jersey even if I didn’t think he was good enough (I still maintain he was a very average player by the way, as his career has proved).  

There’s been many, many players over the years who haven’t been good enough to pull on the maroon jersey.  To pull the blinkers over your eyes and pretend otherwise doesn’t make you a better Hearts fan, it just makes you deluded.  I don’t know many years you’ve been watching Hearts but you’re not honestly telling me that that you go to games and think “he shouldn’t be playing”?  Joel Perriera for example?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

6 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

What a weird thing to say.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Superfan alert me thinks.

Not really mainly just believe we should get behind the players that were the jersey. If you two have a problem with supporting players then I will leave you to it

You be as well just giving up now, if someone doesn’t rate a player that there choice, you’ve just slavered a lot of nonsense about not supporting the team if you don’t rate one of the starting 11, football is about opinions you can’t seem to grasp this.

It is there choice I never once said it was about saying a player had a bad game. 

You have clearly made your mind up on Kio. I just hope you can see past it and give him your full support when he pulls on the jersey(which I believe you have already said)

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Rods said:

Not really mainly just believe we should get behind the players that were the jersey. If you two have a problem with supporting players then I will leave you to it

More of the "types like you" comment.  You obviously feel you are some sort of better supporter.

All players in the jersey gets the support regardless of if people deem them good enough or not.    They play as a team on the pitch and get full backing.  

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Of course they should all get our full support even if they’re pish.  You support the players through your actions during the 90 minutes, getting behind them, not through any preconceived negative perceptions you have in your head.  I just gave you my personal experience with one player to show that you’re wrong - I always supported Sean Clare when he pulled on a maroon jersey if I didn’t think he was good enough (I still maintain he was a very average player by the way, as his career has proved).  

There’s been many, many players over the years who haven’t been good enough to pull on the maroon jersey.  To pull the blinkers over your eyes and pretend otherwise doesn’t make you a better Hearts fans, it just makes you deluded.  I don’t know many years you’ve been watching Hearts but you’re not honestly telling me that that you go to games and think “he shouldn’t be playing”?  Joel Perriera for example?

I normally reserve my judgement until after the game. 

You realise that players are not good but you back them 100% anyway just incase they turn things round. 

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I feel like I am repeating myself. Kio came on against Killie and done that very thing he was asked to do and that was shore up the defensive side of things.

If you dont think we have weakness in the air then that shows what you know about football. We have had 2 shut outs in 32 what strengths are you talking about.  

I dont get the we are Hearts and we should be winning games. It does not translate onto the pitch and shows a naivety. Tonight is a perfect example we have not won in Perth for a long time. 

You are repeating yourself, you don’t need to tell me what kio has done in previous games as I have seen it with my own eyes, and believe it or not whatever you say he’s done I still think he’s dugshite as I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve seen, we have a difference of opinion, simple, but I still support hearts and the team regardless if he’s playing or not, I don’t think we need to worry about headers in our box if we work on what we are good at and what will in turn win us the game tonight, we play to our strengths and not worry about what the opposition may or may not do, we have a terrible record up in Perth I know that so on that basis I can see it being a battle and I for one don’t want to have to depend on kio for that kind of game. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

More of the "types like you" comment.  You obviously feel you are some sort of better supporter.

All players in the jersey gets the support regardless of if people deem them good enough or not.    They play as a team on the pitch and get full backing.  

This.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

This is what I have been saying. 

1 minute ago, Thumperbeni said:

You are repeating yourself, you don’t need to tell me what kio has done in previous games as I have seen it with my own eyes, and believe it or not whatever you say he’s done I still think he’s dugshite as I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve seen, we have a difference of opinion, simple, but I still support hearts and the team regardless if he’s playing or not, I don’t think we need to worry about headers in our box if we work on what we are good at and what will in turn win us the game tonight, we play to our strengths and not worry about what the opposition may or may not do, we have a terrible record up in Perth I know that so on that basis I can see it being a battle and I for one don’t want to have to depend on kio for that kind of game. 

You mean like Ross County away were he one the man of the match. 

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Cash gate for Hearts fans in the Osmond Stand if you make a last-minute decision......

Any idea roughly how big this is?  And still do the adult / child deal there?

Fozzyonthefence

I normally reserve my judgement until after the game. 

You realise that players are not good but you back them 100% anyway just incase they turn things round. 

So, how many games was it before you started going to games knowing that Peirrera wasn’t good enough?  Or did you have some sort of miraculous brainwashing technique to erase all his previous performances from your head before each game?!

This is what I have been saying. 

25 minutes ago, Rods said:

It literally wasn’t what you were saying.

Theres been 100’s of Hearts players I’ve not rated over the years but the team still gets support. 

As it stands from the games he’s played Kio isn’t at the level we require IMO, he may improve and hopefully he does. Does his height compensate for the rest of his game, I’m not so sure. I’ll be shocked if they don’t score tonight so I can only think our best form of defence will be attack and push them back Kio doesn’t really fit with that approach, he’s a sideways player and we need to get the ball forward at pace.

Don’t get why our record there is so bad. It’s probably one of the least intimidating venues in Scottish football. Lucky if it’s half full and that’s including away fans. 

Really no excuse imo for having such a shit time there. 3 points Robbie 🇱🇻

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

So, how many games was it before you started going to games knowing that Peirrera wasn’t good enough?  Or did you have some sort of miraculous brainwashing technique to erase all his previous performances from your head before each game?!

I dont really remember much about when the penny dropped for Pareira. Do you think Kio is another Peirrera or do you agree with Thumperbeni he is not good enough? 

Any chance of anything about the game rather than my dad's bigger than yours discussion. 

Anyone know if the pitch is ok?

Edited by connlach

15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Any idea roughly how big this is?  And still do the adult / child deal there?

The stand seats 1,900 so shouldn't be any problem getting in, even with us pre-selling aroung 700 seats in that stand. I don't think the adult and child deal was available in this stand, so I think it'll just be the regular pricing.

3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Pitch inspection for flooding?

As the rain spreads north it could get dodgy as the snow melts.  Last one up there it was a last minute pitch inspection. Gates didn’t open until about 19,10

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

It literally wasn’t what you were saying.

Theres been 100’s of Hearts players I’ve not rated over the years but the team still gets support. 

As it stands from the games he’s played Kio isn’t at the level we require IMO, he may improve and hopefully he does. Does his height compensate for the rest of his game, I’m not so sure. I’ll be shocked if they don’t score tonight so I can only think our best form of defence will be attack and push them back Kio doesn’t really fit with that approach, he’s a sideways player and we need to get the ball forward at pace.

I believe we are lacking in winning headers without Halkett and we need someone in there who can help defend crosses. 

My whole point is get behind the players. Be it Kio or recently Sibbick who was booed when coming on a sub. Not some kind of superfan of Kio's just the height stuff looks kind of obvious to me. Hence why my original point he could be important tonight. 

If you dont believe we have been leaking goals then that is fair enough everyone is allowed their opinion. 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, JALBO said:

The stand seats 1,900 so shouldn't be any problem getting in, even with us pre-selling aroung 700 seats in that stand. I don't think the adult and child deal was available in this stand, so I think it'll just be the regular pricing.

Cheers 👍

Sinbad the Sailor

FFS we lost 3 internationalists in our last game. My concern is how their replacements cope, rather if our jury still out midfielder will play.

• davemclaren locked this topic