*****Official St Johnstone v Hearts match thread - match on ppv *****

mickycameron98

21 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

So want to beat them, so undeserving of winning 2 cups in same season & yet their support is a joke, just a bunch of bruisers….. been plenty times there but for some reason never seen us win there, will not be there tomorrow so hoping that brings us good luck

Undeserving ? 

They beat Hibs in the final of the SC and the semi of the LC. 

Think of the alternative 🤔

Should be grateful to them. 

Edited by luckydug

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• Fozzyonthefence

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He explained clearly why he came to that conclusion. 

You just chose to ignore it and slaver pish instead. 

He said he was good for clearing the ball with his head, Jesus, on that note I’m out, you’re as thick as him 👍🏼

8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Actually think Kio played really well up at County. Think he also got in the SPFL team of the week after that match. The guy is having to adapt. No one knows how hard it is for him to adjust to A) Being in a different country B) How fast and frantic Scottish football is.

He’s done ok in my eyes, nothing outstanding, also nothing that is worth the fee we paid but it’s too early to judge 

Precisely , but some people make their minds up straight away and then just ignore every thing that is contrary to that decision 

1 minute ago, Thumperbeni said:

He said he was good for clearing the ball with his head, Jesus, on that note I’m out, you’re as thick as him 👍🏼

Got out of bed on the wrong side this morning 😂

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Yip, and we lack height. 

He explained why he thought it was important,  you chose to ignore it and slaver pish.

Your still ignoring it, so it is better you are out, you haven't got the band width for a debate.

Do you fall over often?

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Got out of bed on the wrong side this morning 😂

Not at all, I just feel there’s no need for someone to come on and say I’m slavering pish after giving an opinion. An opinion I feel a lot of people probably agree with me on as well 😭

We need to set up the midfield to protect our centre halves. The 2 goals we lost on Saturday were embarrassing from a defensive point of view.

Someone maybe Kio needs to just sit infront of the 2 center halves ala Brellier and stay there all game .

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Valois No1 said:

I’m not overly optimistic on this one and our record there isn’t great. I think a draw is on the cards. 

A draw with 3 home wins v hibs, Aberdeen and St mirren would be a decent haul and have us in a good place.

This game is 50/50.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, and we lack height. 

He explained why he thought it was important,  you chose to ignore it and slaver pish.

Your still ignoring it, so it is better you are out, you haven't got the band width for a debate.

Do you fall over often?

Firstly we don’t sign midfielders to clear headers in the box, surely you’re not that stupid to believe that. That’s why we have defenders, everything else I “slavered” about I felt I was quite right about, the guy has proven to be a complete flop hence the reason he hasn’t started a game in a while as we have far better players in that position. No need to start being sarcastic it’s an opinion i along with many other have formed. Cheers 

Folk quoted our previous record prior to the Killie game and we beat them. Previous performances have little, if any, impact on future ones.  

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Not at all, I just feel there’s no need for someone to come on and say I’m slavering pish after giving an opinion. An opinion I feel a lot of people probably agree with me on as well 😭

33 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Please tell me how you’ve come to the conclusion that kio will be important for us, the guy is a donkey and hasn’t shown anything in the dozen or so games he’s played for us which is the reason why I think the management team have admitted defeat and left him on the bench. He is way out his depth and we have wasted very good money on a complete and utter dud. That’s the harsh reality of the situation. I’d rather have haring playing in a game such as tonight than have kio “playing” and waving his arms around pointing fingers at players whilst he spends half the time on his farter. Kio should be nowhere near our team.

That's not an opinion,  that's having a go at someone for their opinion ( despite the clarity in why he should be picked) while ripping a Hearts player for arse paper. 

It's a Hearts forum, rip a player to bits, especially when it's made up shite then expect to get a bit back.

You also called me thick, so get down from your high horse.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Firstly we don’t sign midfielders to clear headers in the box, surely you’re not that stupid to believe that. That’s why we have defenders, everything else I “slavered” about I felt I was quite right about, the guy has proven to be a complete flop hence the reason he hasn’t started a game in a while as we have far better players in that position. No need to start being sarcastic it’s an opinion i along with many other have formed. Cheers 

Possibly,  but we lack height due to Injuries and he has that.

That was clear. 

Also, the guys been in the door 5 minutes so if knocking him at least try to be reasoned and balanced. 

For example, Someone posted his blocks and tackles per game, it's better than Devlins.

The original poster explained why he thought he could be important you then bizarrely taken the opportunity to rip the player.

You have an opinion,  mine is you were slavering a lot of pish about him for no reason and ignored the answer to the question you asked.

• davemclaren changed the title to *****Official St Johnstone v Hearts match thread - match on ppv *****
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A draw with 3 home wins v hibs, Aberdeen and St mirren would be a decent haul and have us in a good place.

This game is 50/50.

Defo wouldn’t be a disaster but like you would absolutely love a win to give us a wee lift for the derby especially after what happened to big Craig

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That was clear. 

Also, the guys been in the door 5 minutes so if knocking him at least try to be reasoned and balanced. 

For example, Someone posted his blocks and tackles per game, it's better than Devlins.

The original poster explained why he thought he could be important you then bizarrely taken the opportunity to rip the player.

You have an opinion,  mine is you were slavering a lot of pish about him for no reason and ignored the answer to the question you asked.

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That was clear. 

Ok let’s start again, we paid £350k for kio, since he has came in and played a dozen game or so he has looked out of place, in my opinion hasn’t shown anything whatsoever other than the odd block which you mentioned, this is not something to shout about that is basics, he can’t do the basics right, he hides in games when we are in possession of the ball, he doesn’t look calm when on the ball wants rid of it as soon as he receives it, waves his finger at folk whilst running around like a headless chicken putting challenges in and spending half the time on his arse. I don’t think there’s been a game where he has got pass marks, Ross county away he was ok but that’s not good enough if you want to play for a team like hearts, he hasn’t shown he’s worth the money we paid for him and I think the management team have realised this hence the reason he has been on the bench since snoddy has signed, i personally would rather have haring before kio and ultimately that’s why kio was signed to replace or improve the squad which I don’t think he has done, he won’t hold down a starting position with a fully fit hearts squad, he will be lucky to make the bench especially when we bring in knew signings that I can guarantee, I wouldn’t trust him in a game like tonight where we need folk to battle. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Ok let’s start again, we paid £350k for kio, since he has came in and played a dozen game or so he has looked out of place, in my opinion hasn’t shown anything whatsoever other than the odd block which you mentioned, this is not something to shout about that is basics, he can’t do the basics right, he hides in games when we are in possession of the ball, he doesn’t look calm when on the ball wants rid of it as soon as he receives it, waves his finger at folk whilst running around like a headless chicken putting challenges in and spending half the time on his arse. I don’t think there’s been a game where he has got pass marks, Ross county away he was ok but that’s not good enough if you want to play for a team like hearts, he hasn’t shown he’s worth the money we paid for him and I think the management team have realised this hence the reason he has been on the bench since snoddy has signed, i personally would rather have haring before kio and ultimately that’s why kio was signed to replace or improve the squad which I don’t think he has done, he won’t hold down a starting position with a fully fit hearts squad, he will be lucky to make the bench especially when we bring in knew signings that I can guarantee, I wouldn’t trust him in a game like tonight where we need folk to battle. 

Against Kilmarnock, when we were sitting too deep and struggling at 2-1, Kio and Grant came on and transformed that dynamic. He helped to turn the pressure back on Kilmarnock by winning tackles and passing. That's what turned the tide back in our favour....IMO 

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Against Kilmarnock, when we were sitting too deep and struggling at 2-1, Kio and Grant came on and transformed that dynamic. He helped to turn the pressure back on Kilmarnock by winning tackles and passing. That's what turned the tide back in our favour....IMO 

I agree with you, we badly needed changes to be made king before the 80th minute and that’s where Neilson gets it wrong a lot of the time, 5 minute before the inevitable equaliser we should have freshened it up, my point is though kio hasn’t improved us, he doesn’t do anything different to what haring does, both of them are rather slow in moving the ball, my argument is we spent £350k on kio to replace haring (both similar type players) and improve the squad, he hasn’t done that otherwise he would be holding down a starting a spot if he had shown more than what he has. I just don’t see how he ever features when we have a fully fit squad as he isn’t anywhere near good enough and is frustrating as hell that we’ve paid £350k to find this out.

Fozzyonthefence
52 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Undeserving ? 

They also beat Rangers at Ibrox.  Very deserving in my book.

6 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Against Kilmarnock, when we were sitting too deep and struggling at 2-1, Kim and Grant came on and transformed that dynamic. He helped to turn the pressure back on Kilmarnock by winning tackles and passing. That's what turned the tide back in our favour....IMO 

That is what I saw too . I also do not think he has been as bad as people make out in other games either . I think he is being judged very harshly because we paid a fee 

17 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Was really good in the Celtic 4-3 game. 

44 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

May have missed this, but, who is the referee tonight?

Collum

Wonder ref Colín Steven is 4th official at Easter Road tonight.

Incredible

Edited by ShedBoy

LochcarronJambo
59 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Undeserving ? 

I was grateful, the point I was trying to make was they won 2 cups same season & still ended up with appalling low crowds,  immediately after…..

44 minutes ago, ramrod said:

We need to set up the midfield to protect our centre halves. The 2 goals we lost on Saturday were embarrassing from a defensive point of view.

Someone maybe Kio needs to just sit infront of the 2 center halves ala Brellier and stay there all game .

Agreed. With Devlin in the team we shouldn't be seeing too many balls coming through, yet we are. Cammy offers nothing in an attacking sense, his attacking instinct IMO is non-existant and his shooting is worse than bad. He is however, an outstanding ball winner and has an engine on him that reminds me of Don Cowie (never stops running). Perhaps Robbie needs to get him to focus on just sitting in front of the defence and stopping these dangerous balls coming through.

I think 3-4-3 works ok if we have the players all available to play that system and they all play in their best positions. I think we can get away with it sometimes as we have a very good squad with good players who can play in various positions but I just feel that too often in a 3-4-3 we have players not playing in their natural best position. Examples being cochrane LCB, yes he can play there but his natural and best positions are LB or LWB. Halkett, best position CB but playing RCB so Kingsley, Cochrane or Rowles can all play when fit. Smith is a full back, not a wing back, it just doesn’t suit his game, he is much more comfortable at FB. Kingsley as CB, yes he can play there but LB is his best position, arguable LCB after his performances there last season. 

I just think having three in the middle of the park is the way to go. When 3-4-3 worked at its best we had Beni and Devlin as the two. Both could run and make up the ground which we sometimes got away with. Playing three in the middle gives us more bodies in there, more options to get the ball up the park and also gets a more attack minded player on the park

i know we have had to deal with injuries and sometimes we have had to play players out of position but whether its 3 or 4 at the back I think if we go 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 I’d be more confident 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That is what I saw too . I also do not think he has been as bad as people make out in other games either . I think he is being judged very harshly because we paid a fee 

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

That maybe is the case considering we don’t often pay this kind of money for players, the fact he took so long to join up with us maybe plays a part also, bottom line is he hasn’t improved us, haring could easily have done exactly what kio has done and we would’ve saved ourselves 350k, I don’t rate the guy and that’s just the way it is, as a heart supporter I’d love him to turn into the next brellier or flogel but that’s not going to happen. 

18 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

So ignore my initial point then contradict yourself in the above post. You are all over the place.  You would have had Hartley and Pressley to name a few hounded out of the team if there starts in a hearts jersey are anything to go by. I am actually willing to bet that Kio has won more headers in our box in his short time at Hearts than Beni and Devlin put together. The loss of Halkett and the fact that St Johnstone score most of their goals from set peices. Leads me and common sense to dictate that Kio will become and important player. 

Take a wee day off and get behind the players. You never know you might actually enjoy supporting the team.

Just now, Thumperbeni said:

That maybe is the case considering we don’t often pay this kind of money for players, the fact he took so long to join up with us maybe plays a part also, bottom line is he hasn’t improved us, haring could easily have done exactly what kio has done and we would’ve saved ourselves 350k, I don’t rate the guy and that’s just the way it is, as a heart supporter I’d love him to turn into the next brellier or flogel but that’s not going to happen. 

All fair enough , opinions ect 

I think he will become a very good and important player for us 

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

I agree with you, we badly needed changes to be made king before the 80th minute and that’s where Neilson gets it wrong a lot of the time, 5 minute before the inevitable equaliser we should have freshened it up, my point is though kio hasn’t improved us, he doesn’t do anything different to what haring does, both of them are rather slow in moving the ball, my argument is we spent £350k on kio to replace haring (both similar type players) and improve the squad, he hasn’t done that otherwise he would be holding down a starting a spot if he had shown more than what he has. I just don’t see how he ever features when we have a fully fit squad as he isn’t anywhere near good enough and is frustrating as hell that we’ve paid £350k to find this out.

350k is nout. We are loaded

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

Who says we bought Kio to replace Haring (rhetorical question BTW)?

Apart from being tall and able to win headers, they are both completely different players. Haring likes to dictate the game by spraying passes out wide, over the top, through the lines, etc. (like Snodgrass). Kio's more like Devlin, win tackles, recover the ball, pass and go. 

As I alluded previously, Kio has improved the squad in that he is a much better option off the bench than we had previously and can affect a game.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

So ignore my initial point then contradict yourself in the above post. You are all over the place.  You would have had Hartley and Pressley to name a few hounded out of the team if there starts in a hearts jersey are anything to go by. I am actually willing to bet that Kio has won more headers in our box in his short time at Hearts than Beni and Devlin put together. The loss of Halkett and the fact that St Johnstone score most of their goals from set peices. Leads me and common sense to dictate that Kio will become and important player. 

Take a wee day off and get behind the players. You never know you might actually enjoy supporting the team.

I love supporting my team, just because I don’t like or rate a player you have come to the conclusion I don’t enjoy supporting my team, strange take. I have a difference of opinion to you, deal with it, it’s honestly not a big deal, the management clearly agree with me hence the reason he’s no started a game in god know how long. If he starts tonight, I hope he doesn’t based on previous performances, then i somehow hope he can turn in a man of the match performance. Happy now ? 

1 minute ago, 5jambo1 said:

I think 3-4-3 works ok if we have the players all available to play that system and they all play in their best positions. I think we can get away with it sometimes as we have a very good squad with good players who can play in various positions but I just feel that too often in a 3-4-3 we have players not playing in their natural best position. Examples being cochrane LCB, yes he can play there but his natural and best positions are LB or LWB. Halkett, best position CB but playing RCB so Kingsley, Cochrane or Rowles can all play when fit. Smith is a full back, not a wing back, it just doesn’t suit his game, he is much more comfortable at FB. Kingsley as CB, yes he can play there but LB is his best position, arguable LCB after his performances there last season. 

I just think having three in the middle of the park is the way to go. When 3-4-3 worked at its best we had Beni and Devlin as the two. Both could run and make up the ground which we sometimes got away with. Playing three in the middle gives us more bodies in there, more options to get the ball up the park and also gets a more attack minded player on the park

i know we have had to deal with injuries and sometimes we have had to play players out of position but whether its 3 or 4 at the back I think if we go 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 I’d be more confident 

I'd prefer to see a 352. I don't think our wingers are good enough and in Cochrane and Atkinson we have two natural wingbacks. I'd like to see something like:

Zander

Smith Sibbick Rowles

Atkinson                  Cochrane

Devlin Kio

Snodgrass

Shankland Gino

McKay has been hugely ineffective this season, Forrest hasn't done well enough, if not injured GMS wouldn't influence anything and Gino looks better as a striker. Just have Devlin and Kio winning the ball back and protecting the defence. Atkinson and Cochrane can provide width and Snodgrass creativity. 

section s heart
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

All fair enough , opinions ect 

I think he will become a very good and important player for us 

Hope so too, Sooks. 

Fair to say he hasn't set the heather on fire, but he's been ok. Think many underestimate the distractions of adjusting to a new country, moving family, moving house, different style of football, language issues, weather issues, etc. 

Think we have to allow the guy time. 

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Do we have any weather spies in the area? Heavy rain forecast until late afternoon.  

Yup, Google BBC weather Perth, for a summary. I think a lot will depend on what state the pitch is in this morning, and how well it will stand up to more rain this afternoon. I'm not optimistic.

3 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Who says we bought Kio to replace Haring (rhetorical question BTW)?

Apart from being tall and able to win headers, they are both completely different players. Haring likes to dictate the game by spraying passes out wide, over the top, through the lines, etc. (like Snodgrass). Kio's more like Devlin, win tackles, recover the ball, pass and go. 

As I alluded previously, Kio has improved the squad in that he is a much better option off the bench than we had previously and can affect a game.

I seen him as a replacement for haring. Just an opinion, he was brought in to improve our squad and I don’t think he has done that, he’s had a dozen games or so and we were having a lot of poor performances and results during that time, he has since not started a single game since snoddy has arrived and when Beni is back he won’t get a sniff, I don’t think kio has improved us at all and has shown nothing to suggest he was worth paying 350k for, if he plays tonight I hope he puts in a MOTM performance and we get a massive 3 points.

highlandjambo3

Quick question for those in the know…….I had a peek in at their ground yesterday (first time there) but, I didn’t stay long as I felt out of place what with having two eyebrows and all that.  Where is the away end? The picture below is from the top entrance and as you look down the stand to the left says “main stand home support” the stand on the right says “home support only” and the stand in between both has no “away support” signs that I could soo so, by process of elimination would I be right in saying the away stand is the far one not in the picture or what?

C3271F7E-6B52-45E9-AE36-46060EA8CF58.jpeg

Haring won’t be with us much longer - injuries have sadly done for him. Therefore the argument that he duplicates the role doesn’t carry much water. 

Regarding the fee, I think we have likely paid out similar one way or another for many of our players recently- but this has often been presented as buying out contracts rather than an outright transfer fee. We need to build a squad and we will be investing more than we used to in all positions. This should not be something to get upset about. 

Regarding a fully fit squad - do we ever have one of these? If not, should it be the centre point of our planning? Hypothetically, his stats are near identical defensively to Devlin’s so he comes on for him once carded (or Beni likewise). In reality, Beni is out for a long time and has little time left on his deal after recovery. I will be surprised and delighted if we extend Devlin’s contract. We won’t have all three fit, free from suspension and under contract for that long. 

You say he should be holding down a starting place because of his fee - why? Devlin and Snodgrass are playing extremely well as a pair in a two man midfield. Is it not extremely natural for other players to play their way in? What do you think those two would go for if bought via transfer fee right now?

You say winning headers is not a midfielders job because we have defenders for that - he won more than Smith, Cochrane and Sibbick combined in the Celtic game - whilst Kingsley and Halkett are out, it seems odd not to recognise this as being potentially useful. 

You are presenting a lot of supposition and interpretation as fact - he doesn’t want the ball, isn’t calm, won’t make the bench after January, etc. You are suggesting you know the thoughts of the management team. You don’t know any of this. 

What’s wrong with pointing and tackling?

The “donkey” and “utter dud” comments are OTT. Weird to see a hearts fan aiming so much vitriol towards their own player. Especially when it seems to be pretty commonly accepted that he has played very well 2-3 of his 7 (seven) league starts so far. Seems very early for you to write him off so definitively. 

Edited by CMc

19 minutes ago, OTT said:

Agreed. With Devlin in the team we shouldn't be seeing too many balls coming through, yet we are. Cammy offers nothing in an attacking sense, his attacking instinct IMO is non-existant and his shooting is worse than bad. He is however, an outstanding ball winner and has an engine on him that reminds me of Don Cowie (never stops running). Perhaps Robbie needs to get him to focus on just sitting in front of the defence and stopping these dangerous balls coming through.

Set up Smith on Saturday from the edge of the box so his attacking instinct is ‘existent’.

5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Quick question for those in the know…….I had a peek in at their ground yesterday (first time there) but, I didn’t stay long as I felt out of place what with having two eyebrows and all that.  Where is the away end? The picture below is from the top entrance and as you look down the stand to the left says “main stand home support” the stand on the right says “home support only” and the stand in between both has no “away support” signs that I could soo so, by process of elimination would I be right in saying the away stand is the far one not in the picture or what?

Ormand Stand as you are looking at it is the smallest stand that's recently been opened to us. The main away stand is directly opposite, there will also be fans in the main stand to the left of your picture so I would walk down that way to the main away end 

Edited by slashishere

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We are in the north stand as you say the one you can’t see but also the Ormond  stand  which will have a cash gate open tonight as well 

3 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Set up Smith on Saturday from the edge of the box so his attacking instinct is ‘existent’.

Thought auto correct would have caught that :D 

All opinons, and nothing to say he isn't improving but I can think of several occasions where his final ball has let him down. If him going forward is causing us to be less defensively sound, then I think the pros of him staying back outweigh the pros of him going forward. We need to change something in how we approach games to stop leaking so many stupid goals. 

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd prefer to see a 352. I don't think our wingers are good enough and in Cochrane and Atkinson we have two natural wingbacks. I'd like to see something like:

Zander

Smith Sibbick Rowles

Devlin Kio

Snodgrass

Shankland Gino

McKay has been hugely ineffective this season, Forrest hasn't done well enough, if not injured GMS wouldn't influence anything and Gino looks better as a striker. Just have Devlin and Kio winning the ball back and protecting the defence. Atkinson and Cochrane can provide width and Snodgrass creativity. 

with the players we have got and available, this wouldn’t be far away from our beat team/formation. Maybe Kingsley if fit, replaces smith, so a back three of Sibbick, Rowles Kingsley. 

it’s the McKay problem we have. Is clearly going through a bad run of form and been off it for a while but he does seem undroppable. You sometimes watch a game though and think even though he’s off form, you just know he’s got the potential to do something out of nothing. Can see he is lacking confidence just now and maybe just needs a goal to get him going. 

Edited by 5jambo1

he’s had a dozen games or so and we were having a lot of poor performances and results during that time, he has since not started a single game since snoddy has arrived and when Beni is back he won’t get a sniff

Both Snodgrass and Kio made debut on 18th September v Motherwell. Kio has started 8 games (all comps) since then. 

The bit in bold is outright untrue. 

Edited by CMc

38 minutes ago, OTT said:

Zander

Smith Sibbick Rowles

Devlin Kio

Snodgrass

Shankland Gino

Quite like this. Might have Grant in for Kio and move Snodgrass deeper. 

23 minutes ago, CMc said:

Haring won’t be with us much longer - injuries have sadly done for him. Therefore the argument that he duplicates the role doesn’t carry much water. 

Regarding the fee, I think we have likely paid out similar one way or another for many of our players recently- but this has often been presented as buying out contracts rather than an outright transfer fee. We need to build a squad and we will be investing more than we used to in all positions. This should not be something to get upset about. 

Regarding a fully fit squad - do we ever have one of these? If not, should it be the centre point of our planning? Hypothetically, his stats are near identical defensively to Devlin’s so he comes on for him once carded (or Beni likewise). In reality, Beni is out for a long time and has little time left on his deal after recovery. I will be surprised and delighted if we extend Devlin’s contract. We won’t have all three fit, free from suspension and under contract for that long. 

You say he should be holding down a starting place because of his fee - why? Devlin and Snodgrass are playing extremely well as a pair in a two man midfield. Is it not extremely natural for other players to play their way in? What do you think those two would go for if bought via transfer fee right now?

You say winning headers is not a midfielders job because we have defenders for that - he won more than Smith, Cochrane and Sibbick combined in the Celtic game - whilst Kingsley and Halkett are out, it seems odd not to recognise this as being potentially useful. 

You are presenting a lot of supposition and interpretation as fact - he doesn’t want the ball, isn’t calm, won’t make the bench after January, etc. You are suggesting you know the thoughts of the management team. You don’t know any of this. 

What’s wrong with pointing and tackling?

The “donkey” and “utter dud” comments are OTT. Weird to see a hearts fan aiming so much vitriol towards their own player. Especially when it seems to be pretty commonly accepted that he has played very well 2-3 of his 7 (seven) league starts so far. Seems very early for you to write him off so definitively. 

I said he hasn’t held a starting position because of snoddy coming in, which means the management clearly think kio hasn’t shown enough to keep his space in the team. The donkey and huddy insult is a term used often in football, it’s a supporters personal opinion and I just don’t rate the guy based on all the games I’ve seen him play. It’s really not rocket science, I can’t take to him and he cost us a decent fee, really isn’t a big issue, I don’t think he will get much game time regardless of all these stats you’ve produced. I don’t think he is good enough for this level, whenever he does play or make an appearance from the bench I hope he does better than what he’s shown so far. 

39 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

I love supporting my team, just because I don’t like or rate a player you have come to the conclusion I don’t enjoy supporting my team, strange take. I have a difference of opinion to you, deal with it, it’s honestly not a big deal, the management clearly agree with me hence the reason he’s no started a game in god know how long. If he starts tonight, I hope he doesn’t based on previous performances, then i somehow hope he can turn in a man of the match performance. Happy now ? 

Its just strange your totally writing of a player based on well absolutely zero. I look forward to speaking to you in the future in regards to Kio.

In the meantime get behind the starting 11 and any players the management decide to pick.

• davemclaren locked this topic