• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

4 hours ago, karipidis said:

Think Smith will start at RWB. Their Left back looked decent at the World Cup especially going forward so may be wise to go with the better defender. 

True but our right wing back did brilliantly vs Mbappe too so , maybe better to let them worry about him 😄 

Dundee Utd have been schizophrenic in home games this season, had some horrific losses like 0-9 to Celtic and 0-3 to St Mirren but on the other hand they demolished both Aberdeen and Kilmarnock 4-0 and of course had a great home win over Alkmaar. For me, like it is for most fixtures out with when we face the Old Firm, it is all about how we approach the game and our performance. This is the time now to really kick on, the other results have gone for us, we have a huge opportunity to run away with 3rd again. Spirit seems really high on and off the park. Robbie needs to get them at it, create massive competition for places and win matches. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

True but our right wing back did brilliantly vs Mbappe too so , maybe better to let them worry about him 😄 

Brilliantly 😂 nice piece of history rewrite 

1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Oh he did . Much better than some very highly rated counterparts in fact 

Huge game. If we play well we will win. They’re bottom for a reason so let’s take the game to them from the off. 

Rowles in for Halliday would be my only change.

LochcarronJambo
10 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

St Johnston and Killie are two clubs that regularly over-achieve against us. I hope the result against Killie is the start of a new era against them.

Yes please ! 👍

1 minute ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Yes please ! 👍

St Johnstone then the next one to be put to the sword. If we're to be a real power then these hoodoo need smashing.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

He took the ball off Mbappe 4 times. His big error was not controlling a pass and losing possession that led to a goal. But against Mbappe he did really well.

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Rowles Kingsley

McKay Devlin Snodgrass Cochrane

Shankland Ginelly

4.4.2 or 4.1.3.2 with Snodgrass in holding role. 

Not likely I know, but would love to see this starting line up given a run. 

Always carry a big support to Tannadice so Saturday will be no different.

They have some top top players and a young enthusiastic guy in charge and a tremendous electric atmosphere generated by their enthusiastic support

Im hoping we can get to the 45 min mark without conceding. So a 6,3,1. Would be my ideal formation. Im sure we'll have good moments if we can keep.it on the grass.  The key will be to turn defence into offence at quick speed and have our natural ball players like Shankland, Boyce and McKay creating space and bringing our wing backs into the game. 

Such a fun city to visit we are venturing up.early to take in the V and A , and some last minute christmas shopping in the mega indoor centre , the Wellgate. Finishing off the day with a festive drink and a bite to eat at  my favourite Dundee restaurant, Tazza! 

Horatio Caine
17 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

They have some top top players and a young enthusiastic guy in charge and a tremendous electric atmosphere generated by their enthusiastic support

Im hoping we can get to the 45 min mark without conceding. So a 6,3,1. Would be my ideal formation. Im sure we'll have good moments if we can keep.it on the grass.  The key will be to turn defence into offence at quick speed and have our natural ball players like Shankland, Boyce and McKay creating space and bringing our wing backs into the game. 

Such a fun city to visit we are venturing up.early to take in the V and A , and some last minute christmas shopping in the mega indoor centre , the Wellgate. Finishing off the day with a festive drink and a bite to eat at  my favourite Dundee restaurant, Tazza! 

Good news about Boyce then?  

From your remarks you clearly know Dundee well.....

15 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

They’ve won 3 of their last 4 home games so may not be as easy as the table suggests. That said we should be too strong for them.

Gordon

Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Atkinson                       Cochrane

Devlin    Snodgrass

Gino                           McKay

Shankland

Oaft....  looking at that team and thinking how much every club in the league wouldn't want to play against an inform team of this quality. Old firm included btw. 

I'd say Gino will start in the middle again as why would you change something that worked so well against Killie eh 👌🏽 and has a good record of opening up Utd. 

HHGH ❤

Nothing will give me greater pleasure than sending a great big :verysmug: into the work and football 5's group chats, absolutely rammed full of United fans at 23:59 on Christmas Eve, just to get their seethe up bang on Christmas Day.  A Shankland hat-trick would tip a couple of them over the edge.

Can't see anything other than a Hearts win by at least 2 goals.  They are minging, and haven't had a league game to get them back up to speed yet. 

Edited by tian447

14 hours ago, karipidis said:

Think Smith will start at RWB. Their Left back looked decent at the World Cup especially going forward so may be wise to go with the better defender. 

Personally, I'd go with Natty as he's just spent about 5 weeks with the lad and surly been getting in his head saying ''I'm at a big club, your at nothing. Bring it. Mbappe was a stroll for me pal, easy shift '' 😅

56 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

I must've sounded like Joaquin Phoenix in the Joker on the bus the now 🤣😅

this made me laugh amigo. Excellent.

heartgarfunkel
13 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The old cliche, there are no easy games, this season I  think its true. Anyone could go down in truth, St Johnstone looked a strong favourite, yet are challenging for third. 

Should be easy enough for managers now to get their teams up for every game. At least away from home teams tend not to sit in, should be 2 enjoyable games, now the farmers have a bit of freedom

Spot on, what a league this would be without the bloated Glasgow duo.

2 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

He took the ball off Mbappe 4 times. His big error was not controlling a pass and losing possession that led to a goal. But against Mbappe he did really well.

This . He was brilliant 

4 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

From your remarks you clearly know Dundee well.....

Not if they're planning to do their Christmas shopping in the Wellgate, they don't :lol:

Pretty sure there's a B&M and Home Bargains in every city and town in Scotland, no need to go into Dundee's shopping centre version of Silent Hill to shop in them! 

6 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Quite the post.

Gidi's Grill best restaurant in Dundee though. Everyone should go

24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Quite the post.

Gidi's Grill best restaurant in Dundee though. Everyone should go

Was in there on Friday. Superb stuff, and the large bottles of Gulder go down a treat.  Couldn't pick what I wanted so went with the mixed option and there was just so much of it, all of it fantastic! 

Not been since they moved from City Quay, but definitely will be back.

Get the green chilli hot sauce if you like melting your cutlery and face :lol:

Edited by tian447

Horatio Caine
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Not if they're planning to do their Christmas shopping in the Wellgate, they don't :lol:

Pretty sure there's a B&M and Home Bargains in every city and town in Scotland, no need to go into Dundee's shopping centre version of Silent Hill to shop in them! 

Which was precisely my point!  Thewiseone is clearly the WUMone! 

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Was in there on Friday. Superb stuff, and the large bottles of Gulder go down a treat.  Couldn't pick what I wanted so went with the mixed option and there was just so much of it, all of it fantastic! 

I can't help but get a bottle of Star.  Used to live in Nigeria, love the grub (and caribbean food possibly my favourite, so this place is heaven for me!!).  Really nice people.  I've not been since start of the year, but they were saying they hoped to open a second unit in Aberdeen and I was telling them not to be daft, Edinburgh please!!

Everything's good.  Like you, hard to see beyond the basket (literally!).  We tend to get pretty much everything and pig out from the middle of the table, the talapia was out of this world last time.

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

Cheers for this, I work Dundee and looking for a meal there in Jan so thats that sorted. I will also have my Whatsapp messages at the ready for Dundonians I know for when we beat this mob. Back on topic I fancy Shanks and Gino to score in this one. Might put a wee flutter on Rowes anytime. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***
On 20/12/2022 at 09:08, Bazzas right boot said:

We seem to score enough v them but are also a bit rusty at the back.

Utd may actually be a bit more pragmatic and defensive this time, could be tough.

6-3.

Another 6-5 would do me that was some gome guys lol.

On 21/12/2022 at 08:31, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not odd.

He's still having pain on his ankle after injuring it.

Why is that odd?

He's had a scan and nothing has shown up. He has been missing since 22 October and twice Robbie has suggested that he will be available and he isn't.

That's what I think is odd.

1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Cheers for this, I work Dundee and looking for a meal there in Jan so thats that sorted. I will also have my Whatsapp messages at the ready for Dundonians I know for when we beat this mob. Back on topic I fancy Shanks and Gino to score in this one. Might put a wee flutter on Rowes anytime. 

You won't regret it.  Great wee restaurant!  One of those, where I'm looking for excuses to get to Dundee and who thought that would ever happen!!!

On 21/12/2022 at 08:31, Bazzas right boot said:

It's not odd.

He's still having pain on his ankle after injuring it.

Why is that odd?

Odd that after the Celtic game it was stated he would be back next game.

Celtic game was 22nd October, 2 full months ago.

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

it's not odd, it's just not recovered as quickly as first expected.

Nothing odd at all.

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He's had a scan and nothing has shown up. He has been missing since 22 October and twice Robbie has suggested that he will be available and he isn't.

Agree.

It is odd.

Another poster earlier in the thread said same happened at Wigan.

BRAVEHEART1874
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Gidi was that the tiny restuarant next to tazza?  if so got to agree with wisemans dairies and go with the Indian, as their  burgers  took an eternity and a tad pricey. What happened to the chinese buffet? Guessing covid ended them.

Aye the only thing the wellgate is good for is a short cut through to victoria rd :)mind you the overgate is a bit like a good short cut also ;)

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree.

It is odd.

Another poster earlier in the thread said same happened at Wigan.

Maybe he is just a bit of a chancer and lazy. I really hope not as I thiought he was looking like he could be a good player for us.

There was also talk of us trying to get him on a premanent deal at the end of the season. He will really need to prove his fitness and more importantly his desire before we consider doing this.

1 minute ago, BRAVEHEART1874 said:

Gidi was that the tiny restuarant next to tazza?  if so got to agree with wisemans dairies and go with the Indian, as their  burgers  took an eternity and a tad pricey. What happened to the chinese buffet? Guessing covid ended them.

Aye the only thing the wellgate is good for is a short cut through to victoria rd :)mind you the overgate is a bit like a good short cut also ;)

It was down there, but it's moved into what used to be the Italian Grill, next door to Henry's coffee shop in the Caird Square.  Much better location for it, not so far out of the way, and a lot more space.

The speed of the food was pretty good, considering we were in a group of 12! 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe he is just a bit of a chancer and lazy. I really hope not as I thiought he was looking like he could be a good player for us.

There was also talk of us trying to get him on a premanent deal at the end of the season. He will really need to prove his fitness and more importantly his desire before we consider doing this.

100 per cent.

On 21/12/2022 at 07:21, Gorgie_Rules said:

They’ve won 3 of their last 4 home games so may not be as easy as the table suggests. That said we should be too strong for them.

Gordon

Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Atkinson                       Cochrane

Devlin    Snodgrass

Gino                           McKay

Shankland

That has to be the team to start. Looks solid.

1 hour ago, Gorgi1874 said:

That has to be the team to start. Looks solid.

With the choices of Forest,Grant and Humphreys to come on and rag doll them dry when they are hanging out of their sandy wee Arab poo holes. Let's be ruthless Hearts, it's Christmas. Remember what those Arabs done to the baby Jesus. No time for sentiment, do it for christendom, do it for the wee donkey, do it for GORGIE!!!!

Maybe a bit over the top,and I do realise they're not real Arabs, and I have nothing against Arabs or Allah ( just in case there's a fatwah heading my way) but the gluewhien is flowing 😉 😀 👌

Edited by Gorgierools

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing odd at all.

depends what you mean by odd.

I'd say he seems to have an unusual / out of the ordinary injury. 

a regular ankle or joint sprain / break - usually quickly diagnosed. Well worn path of treatment and recovery expected within a known timeframe.

As someone else has suggested, he might have an Uche type injury which can only be spotted when the joint in question is moving / in a certain position - which can't show up in an x-ray or MRI.

Don't see the player as lazy as like all players he'll be desperate to play.

Never liked Dundee United . I think it is probably just down to random coincidences , but when I was a teenager , if I ever ended up in some kind of aggressive situation with opposition supporters , it was invariably Dundee United fans 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

depends what you mean by odd.

I'd say he seems to have an unusual / out of the ordinary injury. 

a regular ankle or joint sprain / break - usually quickly diagnosed. Well worn path of treatment and recovery expected within a known timeframe.

As someone else has suggested, he might have an Uche type injury which can only be spotted when the joint in question is moving / in a certain position - which can't show up in an x-ray or MRI.

Don't see the player as lazy as like all players he'll be desperate to play.

Some injurie are worse/ take longer to recover, some things can be or become more complicated.

Don't think it is odd tho, like the poster stated, just annoying/ frustrating.

3 hours ago, whytebeard said:

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nothing odd at all.

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Looks like he’s training ahead of the match at least 👌🏽

6E03ECF5-98F2-4A05-9DAE-0B2DFBCAF476.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Some injurie are worse/ take longer to recover, some things can be or become more complicated.

Don't think it is odd tho, like the poster stated, just annoying/ frustrating.

defo annoying and frustrating.

quick look up on t'internet:

Odd: differing in nature from what is ordinary, usual, or expected

OTHER WORDS FOR ODD

Footballer being injured and taking longer than expected to come back - not uncommon.

Footballer with pain in a joint that modern medicine can't identify or diagnose - not the norm I'd say.

Is it home time yet? :)

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

With the choices of Forest,Grant and Humphreys to come on and rag doll them dry when they are hanging out of their sandy wee Arab poo holes. Let's be ruthless Hearts, it's Christmas. Remember what those Arabs done to the baby Jesus. No time for sentiment, do it for christendom, do it for the wee donkey, do it for GORGIE!!!!

Maybe a bit over the top,and I do realise they're not real Arabs, and I have nothing against Arabs or Allah ( just in case there's a fatwah heading my way) but the gluewhien is flowing 😉 😀 👌

😆😆👍👍