***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

defo annoying and frustrating.

quick look up on t'internet:

Odd: differing in nature from what is ordinary, usual, or expected

OTHER WORDS FOR ODD

Footballer being injured and taking longer than expected to come back - not uncommon.

Footballer with pain in a joint that modern medicine can't identify or diagnose - not the norm I'd say.

Is it home time yet? :)

Yip, of his foot transforms into a hoof then it will be odd.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

With the choices of Forest,Grant and Humphreys to come on and rag doll them dry when they are hanging out of their sandy wee Arab poo holes. Let's be ruthless Hearts, it's Christmas. Remember what those Arabs done to the baby Jesus. No time for sentiment, do it for christendom, do it for the wee donkey, do it for GORGIE!!!!

Maybe a bit over the top,and I do realise they're not real Arabs, and I have nothing against Arabs or Allah ( just in case there's a fatwah heading my way) but the gluewhien is flowing 😉 😀 👌

Wasn't it the Romans that hunted down the baby Jesus? 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure but Herod his luck there and escaped 

6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Was that the Rene Moller game ?

Yes I think he scored two goals that day, the pitch was dodgie with frost it was some game wavydavy lol.

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

it's not odd, it's just not recovered as quickly as first expected.

Nothing odd at all.

Beg to differ.

rowles was a broken foot and less.

RN stated he would be back the following week

1 minute ago, whytebeard said:

Excellent. We are so short up front

Whisper it but ……………….. Shankland , Gino and Humphrys is actually a really decent choice of out and out strikers and they can be played in combinations with other forwards like McKay and Forrest too

I said on the Humphrys thread as well, but Neilson said in his press conference he's still out for Saturday. Not available for selection yet as they are trying to build him up and make sure he's right.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Whisper it but ……………….. Shankland , Gino and Humphrys is actually a really decent choice of out and out strikers and they can be played in combinations with other forwards like McKay and Forrest too

I like Gino and shankland.

just feel with only them 2 it’s short especially if you have to change the game. 
starting with them 3 up top, I like.

like your style!!!

I'd like to see the same team again with Rowles coming in for Haliday and Cochrane going to LWB. 

I think Hallidays form has been excellent but Rowles coming in is essential IMO and Cochrane at LWB isn't up for debate :D 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd like to see the same team again with Rowles coming in for Haliday and Cochrane going to LWB. 

I think Hallidays form has been excellent but Rowles coming in is essential IMO and Cochrane at LWB isn't up for debate :D 

Agree I think the move for Cochrane might coincide with an upturn in form for Barrie Mac

41 minutes ago, OTT said:

Got to be the team, surely.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

In all the films it's sandy. So it was Arabs. I've been to Rome,defo not sandy.

Mind you,was Gullane mentioned in the bible?

59 minutes ago, Gorgierools said:

I think you'll find that Palestine was part of the Roman Empire at that point. 🥸

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think you'll find that Palestine was part of the Roman Empire at that point. 🥸

Italians are always exaggerating, my car,dick,empire etc is this big, it's a well known fact. Anyway,  so was Scotland so maybe,just maybe the bible was filmed in Gullane.  However,with its proximity to leith I'd doubt the virgin angle

2 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I said on the Humphrys thread as well, but Neilson said in his press conference he's still out for Saturday. Not available for selection yet as they are trying to build him up and make sure he's right.

Maybe mind games from Robbie?

Either way, hopefully we'll have enough to get 3 points. United are unpredictable this season.

4 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Yes I think he scored two goals that day, the pitch was dodgie with frost it was some game wavydavy lol.

It certainly was I was there. 

15 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip, of his foot transforms into a hoof then it will be odd.

if he could do that to his other foot (maybe his hands too) we'd have a quality thoroughbred of a player on our books...

Referee on Saturday is Colin Steven not one I have seen much of if at all

Just hope he keeps an eye on these cloggers

We have had quite a few injuries from this fixture lately

Alan Muir VAR

Douglas Ross on the touchline if anyone wants to vent   🤪

3-1 Hearts.     🇱🇻🤞 🇱🇻

Massive game this a real chance to build momentum and take 3rd spot and start to pull away from the pack. January has some massive fixtures with Hibs and Aberdeen in the league at home, time to start putting some back to back wins together so that we get the points on the board. IMO we are the 3rd best in the league just got to do it on the pitch now.

12 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Ditto lol but missed the first three goals our train was late getting in from Fife lol.

54 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Ditto lol but missed the first three goals our train was late getting in from Fife lol.

I drove up there with a few mates. Hadn't long passed my driving test and borrowed my Dad's car. We were standing near the corner flag between the away end stand and what used to be their main terracing.

Dick Dastardly

Gordon

Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

Atkinson                           Cochrane 

Devlin Snodgrass 

Ginnelly Shankland McKay 

A few other posters have put this line up on already, i have to agree with it. 

5 nil Hearts. Shankland hat trick Ginnelly and Rowles with the others

Dick Dastardly
13 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I hope Humphrys is back he’s a cracking player. Will create and score plenty if he gets a decent run.

I think Neilson said this game was too soon for him, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️ 

28 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think Neilson said this game was too soon for him, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️ 

Exactly. Who knows. He tells the press any old shite. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

if he could do that to his other foot (maybe his hands too) we'd have a quality thoroughbred of a player on our books...

Neeheee way that will happen.

15 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Me too. Younger guys never believe me when I tell them Dundee played Rangers the SAME day with an hour between kick offs. I was 13 and I have never seen such carnage outside. All 4 sets of fans battling. My new English mate, who had just moved up from Bolton, still went on about it decades later. He hid under our bus till it quietened down. 

44 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

Me too. Younger guys never believe me when I tell them Dundee played Rangers the SAME day with an hour between kick offs. I was 13 and I have never seen such carnage outside. All 4 sets of fans battling. My new English mate, who had just moved up from Bolton, still went on about it decades later. He hid under our bus till it quietened down. 

Not sure if this was an urban legend, but apparently a Hibs supporters bus were listening to the scores on the radio and cheered so much when it said Dundee United 5 that they hadn't realised Hearts had won! An early Hibsing!

Pasquale for King
18 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Italians are always exaggerating, my car,dick,empire etc is this big, it's a well known fact. Anyway,  so was Scotland so maybe,just maybe the bible was filmed in Gullane.  However,with its proximity to leith I'd doubt the virgin angle

Scotland wasnt part of the Roman Empire but your last sentence is spot on 😆👍🏽👏🏾.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Gordon

Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

Atkinson                           Cochrane 

Devlin Snodgrass 

Ginnelly Shankland McKay 

A few other posters have put this line up on already, i have to agree with it. 

5 nil Hearts. Shankland hat trick Ginnelly and Rowles with the others

Probably Smith ahead of Atkinson, score looks good though 👍🏽.   

25 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not sure if this was an urban legend, but apparently a Hibs supporters bus were listening to the scores on the radio and cheered so much when it said Dundee United 5 that they hadn't realised Hearts had won! An early Hibsing!

Probably true. My dad (a massive jambo but who no longer went to games) told me when I got back he'd nearly had a seizure when the teleprinter came up Dundee United 5..... Hilarious.

20 hours ago, Gorgierools said:

Not sure the Jews would like you calling them arabs

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly. Who knows. He tells the press any old shite. 

Quite right as well. They make up any old shite, so he should too

Dick Dastardly
59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably Smith ahead of Atkinson, score looks good though 👍🏽.   

As someone said earlier in the thread, its a bit of a coin toss between those two. I like them both but just think this is a game for Atkinson. I've been wrong before though 

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

As someone said earlier in the thread, its a bit of a coin toss between those two. I like them both but just think this is a game for Atkinson. I've been wrong before though 

Assuming Watt plays in the wide left area then I am not so sure Atkinson is the better option this time.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I agree but the manager doesn’t seem to. 

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Assuming Watt plays in the wide left area then I am not so sure Atkinson is the better option this time.

Natty would need a bigger back pocket sewn in his shorts

4 points minimum from our next 2 fixtures is an absolute must in our quest to cement 3rd place. Whilst I'm fairly confident about tomorrow our record against the farmers in their field doesn't make for good reading. Come on Hearts. 

Buzzing for this. Really hope its a really loud atmosphere. We are right in the front row down the bottom so all the noise will come from behind us so should be good. 

Hope we do these wanks, most of the people I speak to and have on social media are Utd fans. 

A good 4-0 please Hearts, oh and a Cammy Devlin shirt afterwards. :pleasing: