***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

21 minutes ago, 151 said:

Buzzing for this. Really hope its a really loud atmosphere. We are right in the front row down the bottom so all the noise will come from behind us so should be good. 

Hope we do these wanks, most of the people I speak to and have on social media are Utd fans. 

A good 4-0 please Hearts, oh and a Cammy Devlin shirt afterwards. :pleasing:

No drum allowed unfortunately but good we have sold out and should be in good spirits xmas eve.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Referee on Saturday is Colin Steven not one I have seen much of if at all

Just hope he keeps an eye on these cloggers

We have had quite a few injuries from this fixture lately

Alan Muir VAR

Douglas Ross on the touchline if anyone wants to vent   🤪

3-1 Hearts.     🇱🇻🤞 🇱🇻

Done 3 of our games last season, Cove rangers (H)(3-0 win), Dundee (H) loss, utd (A) (3-2 win)

Alan Muir VAR :jj_facepalm:

Absolutely buzzing for tomorrow. Let’s get loosened up with a couple of beers and bring an atmosphere like we did in Europe!

HHGH

Edited by D4nny_

2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

4 points minimum from our next 2 fixtures is an absolute must in our quest to cement 3rd place. Whilst I'm fairly confident about tomorrow our record against the farmers in their field doesn't make for good reading. Come on Hearts. 

4 points would be a good return and agree we should be aiming for at least that but its far from an absolute must. I'd back us to get a better return than Aberdeen in the next 2 games but even if we don't I'd still have us as favourites for 3rd. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

No drum allowed unfortunately but good we have sold out and should be in good spirits xmas eve.

Whys that?

3 minutes ago, Bill Bones said:

4 points would be a good return and agree we should be aiming for at least that but its far from an absolute must. I'd back us to get a better return than Aberdeen in the next 2 games but even if we don't I'd still have us as favourites for 3rd. 

I really want to see us start pulling away from all of our challengers for third hence why I said 4 points minimum is a must. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

That’s shite from Dundee Hibs. Where’s their sense of fun.  

** Trains **

Apologies if already on thread but too many posts to read through

Last train from Dundee is the 1724 originating from Aberdeen.

All jambos make sure you don't miss it or you'll be spending a night in shitsville or an expensive taxi home

The 1724 is guaranteed 

1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

I see a Mr D. Ross is doing the line tomorrow, 🫣🫣

should be fun.

I’ll be watching live on Hearts TV and giving him dogs abuse if he even hints at making a mistake.

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, Bill Bones said:

Don't think the players are seeing it this way at all; they badly want to win tomorrow and if they do, they'll badly want to win the game before the Derby

We should be winning these games and addressing bad records at other grounds

I loathe reading posts like this; don't make excuses in advance, it's brutal stuff

21 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Don't think the players are seeing it this way at all; they badly want to win tomorrow and if they do, they'll badly want to win the game before the Derby

I loathe reading posts like this; don't make excuses in advance, it's brutal stuff

my point was simply that its not 'an absolute must win' game if we want 3rd place. I'm sure the players will be going all out to win as they should. 

Bring back the 4-1-4-1 please.

G

Akka Halks Royce Alex

Dev

Gino Humphries Snoddy Baz

Shanks

Voice of reason
6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That last paragraph is really quite extreme! It sounds like you need to chill out and try not to get so worked up about other people’s opinions.

We all have irritations though. Mines is the polar opposite to yours - posters who say that every single match, out with playing the Old Firm, is a ‘must win’. That’s just factually incorrect and unrealistic.  To me, it’s fairly obvious that what Bill Bones said about 4 points out of 6 being a good return in the next two games is balanced and fair. It would enhance, not diminish, our hopes of finishing third. Posters saying it’s a ‘must win’ are just making ‘excuses in advance’ for going completely over-the-top if we don’t win - laying the groundwork for OTT criticism at full time. It works both ways though and both extremes are annoying.

Anyway, of course, the players should aim to win both and they will no doubt do their best to do just that. I have a feeling we might win today, which would be an excellent result. Dundee United are battling for their lives though and have put in some excellent home performances this season - it’s not going to be easy. If we give our all and it ends up a draw, or even defeat, then so be it - it hardly ends our season. We’ll just go again in the next game. They’ll be blips here and there against non-old firm teams, as always, but we’ll likely finish third come the end of the season.

Edited by Voice of reason

I’ve a feeling it’s going to be tougher than we think today. I hope I’m wrong but I think we will draw this today. 

Come on Hearts get the 3 points. 

6 hours ago, Bill Bones said:

my point was simply that its not 'an absolute must win' game if we want 3rd place. I'm sure the players will be going all out to win as they should. 

Every game should be 'an absolute must win game'.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

That last paragraph is really quite extreme! It sounds like you need to chill out and try not to get so worked up about other people’s opinions.

We all have irritations though. Mines is the polar opposite to yours - posters who say that every single match, out with playing the Old Firm, is a ‘must win’. That’s just factually incorrect and unrealistic.  To me, it’s fairly obvious that what Bill Bones said about 4 points out of 6 being a good return in the next two games is balanced and fair. It would enhance, not diminish, our hopes of finishing third. Posters saying it’s a ‘must win’ are just making ‘excuses in advance’ for going completely over-the-top if we don’t win - laying the groundwork for OTT criticism at full time. It works both ways though and both extremes are annoying.

Anyway, of course, the players should aim to win both and they will no doubt do their best to do just that. I have a feeling we might win today, which would be an excellent result. Dundee United are battling for their lives though and have put in some excellent home performances this season - it’s not going to be easy. If we give our all and it ends up a draw, or even defeat, then so be it - it hardly ends our season. We’ll just go again in the next game. They’ll be blips here and there against non-old firm teams, as always, but we’ll likely finish third come the end of the season.

TL;DR

14 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

4 points minimum from our next 2 fixtures is an absolute must in our quest to cement 3rd place. Whilst I'm fairly confident about tomorrow our record against the farmers in their field doesn't make for good reading. Come on Hearts. 

It’s not an absolute must though is it … we’re in December. A win would be good and 4 points would be ideal but it’s hardly “an absolute must..”

Anyways - beside the nonsense of this being a “must win” aside, I’ve got a good feeling about this one. One of the away grounds we seem to have some luck at and we played some nice stuff against Killie. 

Captain Sausage
1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Apt user name :lol: 

Agree completely. 

Ricardo Quaresma

We may need a thread on what constitutes a 'must win'; granted people's perceptions of what constitutes this are different; it is a 'double angle' situation

But ask yourself this: When would you like your 'must win' game for our current, minimum objective (3rd); when we 'must' beat rangers away after the split?

Or a series of them now, like last season was perceived, by players & management?

16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

We may need a thread on what constitutes a 'must win'; granted people's perceptions of what constitutes this are different; it is a 'double angle' situation

But ask yourself this: When would you like your 'must win' game for our current, minimum objective (3rd); when we 'must' beat rangers away after the split?

Or a series of them now, like last season was perceived, by players & management?

I'd consider the majority of our games as must win games.

Games against the OF aren't must win games, because we're not expected to win. 

Aberdeen away isn't a game we'd consider as a must win either, but every other game Hearts play is a mist win. Imo :)

13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Whys that?

Some rule at Tannadice, complaints from the neighbours apparently :lol:

Both rangers and celtic managed to sneak theirs in however they had the shed

32 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It’s a curious thing talked about on a weekly basis.

Simply, and it’s a cliche, it’s always the next game that matters.  You want to win every game.  

Aye, when a scenario develops you may have more reason to say “it’s a must win”, like being 3 points behind a rival with just two games to go and many similar scenarios.  

Before any game I think it’s a must win because that’s why we exist.  To try and win football matches.  It’s simple for me (I think 👀😄)

2 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Good post but at the same time, do you re-post this before the next game if we lose today? 😂

“Must win” comes across too much in the shape of an ultimatum.  However, there’s nothing wrong with demands being put on the team, our own manager does that also.  

I’m a bit in the middle. I don’t like how some fans get ready to accept a poor result and “move on” just as you also allude to people preparing OTT criticism incase we lose.  

I expect Hearts to be good enough to win at Tannadice and have the attitude they can win but I very much know we could trip up. What becomes a problem is if we consistently fail to take sufficient points at supposed weaker teams grounds.  I think thats why some use the term “must win” because ones that look easier on paper are part of the momentum you are trying to establish regards form.  

Edited by Debut 4

12 hours ago, RealMaroonCF said:

** Trains **

Apologies if already on thread but too many posts to read through

Last train from Dundee is the 1724 originating from Aberdeen.

All jambos make sure you don't miss it or you'll be spending a night in shitsville or an expensive taxi home

The 1724 is guaranteed 

That doesn't stop at many stations though (only Leuchars).

Those of us in Fife (which tbf may fall under shitsville) need to get the 4:38pm train.

😁

25 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Has anything replaced hesgoal? Thought of radio commentary is just horrific 

Wondering the same. Chance of being able to watch it? 

Horatio Caine
14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

That doesn't stop at many stations though (only Leuchars).

Those of us in Fife (which tbf may fall under shitsville) need to get the 4:38pm train.

😁

Looks like there's major disruption through Kirkcaldy due to a broken down train.  Best to check before travelling.

pettigrewsstylist

One game at a time is my thoughts over the next 7 games. Certainly a pivotal period for our hopes for 3rd.

Would be good to see a consistent 90 min performance. Other teams need to have a go at some point, particularly if we are leading, and we cant expect to dominate  for 90, but the ability to deliver a consistent 90 min performance seems to remain elusive.

No trains running through Kirkcaldy at the moment, worth keeping an eye on for those going by train.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

22 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I drove up there with a few mates. Hadn't long passed my driving test and borrowed my Dad's car. We were standing near the corner flag between the away end stand and what used to be their main terracing.

If I remember right supporter used to swap ends at half time in those days thats when a few scuffles would happen lol.

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

It’s not an absolute must though is it … we’re in December. A win would be good and 4 points would be ideal but it’s hardly “an absolute must..”

This is a must for me as our record in Perth isn't great. We're chasing third and playing the bottom of the table today so anything other than a win will be a dissapointing in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

This is a must for me as our record in Perth isn't great. We're chasing third and playing the bottom of the table today so anything other than a win will be a dissapointing in my opinion. 

two very different things. It will be disappointing if we don't win, but there are 20 games between now and the end of the season . It's not a "must win."

3 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Good summary. If we won all our away games  outwith the uglies we would be challenging at the top of the league and that type of consistency would probably be good enough to take points of the gruesome twosome at home. Historically we invariably struggle more away from our own patch as indeed do most other teams. Statistically for various reasons home advantage is a key influence 

3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

two very different things. It will be disappointing if we don't win, but there are 20 games between now and the end of the season . It's not a "must win."

Here is hoping we are all toasting a Xmas win today. 

Are Dundee Utd having this as one of their PPV games? Or is this only illegal stream only? I’m going to be busy getting stuff ready for tomorrow anyway so might not be able to watch all, but if I am able to watch any I’m not going to do it on a dodgy stream.

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Are Dundee Utd having this as one of their PPV games? Or is this only illegal stream only? I’m going to be busy getting stuff ready for tomorrow anyway so might not be able to watch all, but if I am able to watch any I’m not going to do it on a dodgy stream.

Dodgy stream **** giving Utd money

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not one of the ppvs.  There will be streams that I will share but suggest everyone uses Chrome and installs addblock.

13 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

Dodgy stream **** giving Utd money

Yes, tell that to the 2,600 away fans going through right enough.

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Not one of the ppvs.  There will be streams that I will share but suggest everyone uses Chrome and installs addblock.

Cheers. Too much faff for me though.