***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Fletcher’s should have been off the park before he crippled Gordon for his over ball tackle on Sibbick missed by the referee and the VAR guy! A straight red all day long! 🤬🤬🤬

And Dougie Dross who was running the line on that side.  Why wasn't he waving his wee flag at that?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly. 
It would be good if he explained why he persisted with Cochrane at LCB when Rowles was available. 

Ask someone's left boot. He will be able to justify it on Bobs behalf. 

34 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Typical Robbie away from home performance for me today. A forward thinking positive manager would have come away from there today with full points. United are murder but our manager managed to make them look better than they actually are. I said 4 points from our next 2 fixtures should be minimum but that was assuming we beat utd. I sadly can't see us beating St Johnstone but hopefully I'm wrong. 

I’m what way was it typical?

You mean 3 of our best players getting injured in the same game? In that case, it was typical. Typical of going to that 💩 hole. We are cursed at tannadice. 

Surely you can acknowledge that any team who loses 2 of the 3 central defenders and their captain in the same match is going to be knocked somewhat out their rhythm? 

Also, as poor as United are, they have beaten Hibs and Aberdeen at home (the latter being a 4-0 pumping).

We weren’t negative today, like you are implying. We were sloppy defensively on a couple of occasions.

What we’ve now seen in a few games is that this team has bottle and plays to the end. Not a bad trait. 

Byyy The Light
25 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Merry Xmas bellend. Something makes me think that you were not there today. And if you were your eyes must have been shut. 

Watched it on Hearts tv. We were the better side, lost our 2 best defenders in first half. They got a flukey deflected goal from a long punt up the pitch which changed the game.

One of those games where nothing goes right and you have a pop at the manager. Try grasping a bit of reality. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure where this is from

That guy is joking surely, i dont think Fletcher meant to do that but if you break someones leg it’s dangerous play and a red card. 

Malinga the Swinga
56 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So, in real time, from 100m to the side of the incident (you couldn’t have been behind it), you saw Fletcher deliberately break CG’s leg? 😂

You mean the exact same position you were and yet your adamant he didn't mean it.

He stood no chance of getting ball and was determined to leave something on Gordon.

He succeeded.

You shrug shoulders, and just move on if you want. Doesn't mean all of us should.

Looking at video clip above, it confirms Gordon gets ball first and Fletcher could have pulled back as he wasn't getting there but decided not to, as I saw. 

Still a red card.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

And Dougie Dross who was running the line on that side.  Why wasn't he waving his wee flag at that?

Because hes a useless oxygen thief with four jobs that hes ****ing hopeless at. 

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

What EXACTLY does the 4th official do apart from argue with the dugout crews and hold up the subs and extra time boards?

That is an excellent question.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Ask someone's left boot. He will be able to justify it on Bobs behalf. 

I don’t interact with him, life's too short. 

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Watched it on Hearts tv. We were the better side, lost our 2 best defenders in first half. They got a flukey deflected goal from a long punt up the pitch which changed the game.

One of those games where nothing goes right and you have a pop at the manager. Try grasping a bit of reality. 

I watched it live at Tannadice and we made them look better than the crap team they are. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure where this is from

HO 

How the referee gave a penalty I will never know.  Was in the UTD end in line with the box and nobody there thought it was a penalty.  There's definitely an argument that it's dangerous play by Fletcher and should have been a red for him.  No way he went out to injure Gordon, he had congratulated Gordon on his save from his header a few minutes earlier, but he was never getting that ball.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

What EXACTLY does the 4th official do apart from argue with the dugout crews and hold up the subs and extra time boards?

When officiating at Sevco, Celtic and Hibs games, they advise ref on what they've seen.

When officiating rest of teams, **** all.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That guy is joking surely, i dont think Fletcher meant to do that but if you break someones leg it’s dangerous play and a red card. 

Loads of Dundee United fans saying Gordon should have been sent off. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, simplesimon said:

How the referee gave a penalty I will never know.  Was in the UTD end in line with the box and nobody there thought it was a penalty.  There's definitely an argument that it's dangerous play by Fletcher and should have been a red for him.  No way he went out to injure Gordon, he had congratulated Gordon on his save from his header a few minutes earlier, but he was never getting that ball.

So no way he went to injure Craig, but as you say, he was never getting ball, and therefore endangered opponent.

He took a risk and Gordon payed penalty.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Loads of Dundee United fans saying Gordon should have been sent off. 

Unbelievable, if that was the other way round i think i would feel fortunate our player got away with that. 

1 hour ago, 151 said:

And that is fine and I agree... except the Ref never. Penalty Utd 🥴

The most baffling decision was when we have the ball, ref gives hs a pen. Changes his mind and gives Utd the ball for a freekick? We were in possession.

Second guessed by Alan Muir on the VAR desk, so got nervous and changed his original correct call for Arnaud Djoum handling the ball, who must then be in possession of it.  Probably got that instruction from Muir too as he was still chattering away on his headset.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unbelievable, if that was the other way round i think i would feel fortunate our player got away with that. 

This is typical. Real time at certain angles maybe understandable. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Much like Fletcher, I'm sure the United players that clattered Devlin and Smith after they had passed and scored, respectively, were also just accidentally going for ball and not trying to leave anything on opponents.

So many accidental collisions in this game, yet all seemed to be United players doing the accident.

Doesn't really matter apparently. We should draw line under this and move on. Definitely shouldn't complain or show backbone as that would upset the delicate little flowers who only see good in everyone.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not just their supporters from comments on here.

30 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This!  How people can compare attending an away game to support the team to giving shitehawks like Utd free money for more than likely a crap stream with ridiculously biased commentary is beyond me.  Wouldn’t give them the steam off my pish. 

👍🏻

i like going to the games over watching on tv. So you have no option to give your cash to the opp. Get people boycott certain teams, understand their choice. But for me nothing beats going on numbers and winning.

but handing  over cash for a stream I won’t do. Some of the cameras on these streams are appalling. Greenock Morton’s in the championship was behind a pillar if I remember. Then Inverness has the autocam that mistaken the bald linesman for the ball 😂😂😂

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly. 
It would be good if he explained why he persisted with Cochrane at LCB when Rowles was available. 

Wanted to keep Alex Cochrane and Andy Halliday in the starting 11.

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson: "We played well in periods, lost a couple of poor goals and the game became a bit of a farce at the end with VAR and the decision-making by the officials. It was a very strange day, to say the least.

"The referee made a number of decisions that will be looked at tonight that I wasn't in agreement with. If a referee has to look at an incident 30 times, there's a problem somewhere. It's just not good enough and it's a real worry for us.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought there was a rule saying if tackle was out of control and endangering an opponent, it was a red card.

Over turning the penalty is the minimum you'd expect. How the **** did he even think it was a penalty on the first place.

Don't care of Fletcher went off at same time, he went within into clash with the result that Gordon looks severely injured.

Ref gave us a foul, eventually, so it was foul play. Gordon carried off, therefore Fletcher endangered him, therefore red card is only possible result.

If it has been an accident, then drop ball would have been result.

Referee, along with Dundee Utd players and coaching staff, are a disgrace.

you missed out their ball boys. Deliberately throwing a second ball on the pitch, to  slow the game down, dropping the ball nearest the keeper to go and retrieve a different ball further away, not giving our players the ball. Clearly done under the guidance of the players/Club. .A Club with morals lower than a snakes belly

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I have no doubt that Hearts supporters will back Clark 100%.

Can't speak for a few on here though.

Clark is a different goalie, more comfortable with the ball at his feet and coming out for crosses than CG.

18 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

This is non-sensical - Halliday is not that important that fit everyone around him.  He was partly responsible for their second goal - he's a stopgap player.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d be astonished if Halkett plays again this season. That’s an ACL injury by the look of it

Merry Christmas everyone. I’ll leave the forum to the utterly clueless and the drama queens for a couple of days

Can you perhaps do us all a favour and make it a couple of months?

TYIA. 👍

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d be astonished if Halkett plays again this season. That’s an ACL injury by the look of it

Merry Christmas everyone. I’ll leave the forum to the utterly clueless and the drama queens for a couple of days

Can you perhaps do us all a favour and make it a couple of months?

TYIA. 👍

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

I’m what way was it typical?

You mean 3 of our best players getting injured in the same game? In that case, it was typical. Typical of going to that 💩 hole. We are cursed at tannadice. 

Surely you can acknowledge that any team who loses 2 of the 3 central defenders and their captain in the same match is going to be knocked somewhat out their rhythm? 

Also, as poor as United are, they have beaten Hibs and Aberdeen at home (the latter being a 4-0 pumping).

We weren’t negative today, like you are implying. We were sloppy defensively on a couple of occasions.

What we’ve now seen in a few games is that this team has bottle and plays to the end. Not a bad trait. 

Well said 👍

Watching the highlights, doesn’t seem a game where we created much. 

Feel our first pen shouldn’t have been overturned. The Fletcher/Gordon incident should never have been given as a pen in the first place. Shankland goes down very easily for the equalising pen, but naive defending.

United fans seem adamant Gordon should have been off and their penalty should have stood. Bizarre.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Strange comment.  At least going to away games you’re supporting the team and they’ll appreciate the backing.  Paying for some shitey tv chanel, you’re only supporting Utd so **** that - dodgy stream for me or I’d rather not watch at all.  It’s hardly the same thing as going to a game.  Only Hearts didn’t last long though did it?!

Not really strange.  There are fans who will go to every game if they can, home and away.  There’s also others who if they can’t go will pay for a stream to watch it.  I’m in those groups Regardless of who the money goes to it’s watching Hearts that’s important. In football, as in most things, money makes the world go round.  The other clubs need our contribution just as much as we have needed their fans contributions for as long as I can remember. Don’t understand the mentality that says give nothing to other clubs. If the OF fans and ours stopped going to away games there would probably be a three team league and we would be third every season, for as long as it lasted. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not really strange.  There are fans who will go to every game if they can, home and away.  There’s also others who if they can’t go will pay for a stream to watch it.  I’m in those groups Regardless of who the money goes to it’s watching Hearts that’s important. In football, as in most things, money makes the world go round.  The other clubs need our contribution just as much as we have needed their fans contributions for as long as I can remember. Don’t understand the mentality that says give nothing to other clubs. If the OF fans and ours stopped going to away games there would probably be a three team league and we would be third every season, for as long as it lasted. 

Far to sensible a comment for most on JKB.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

But he clearly got to the ball first and Fletcher kicks him, no matter the angle. No mention of a red on sportscene though. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

So basically play 3 players out of position to keep his blue eyed boy Halliday in the team, to its detriment. You pick your best team. 

1 hour ago, whytebeard said:

Go to plenty thank you, and stream the ones I miss.

and yes have a ticket for Easter road 😜

Delighted you give money to the others teams😂😂

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Much like Fletcher, I'm sure the United players that clattered Devlin and Smith after they had passed and scored, respectively, were also just accidentally going for ball and not trying to leave anything on opponents.

So many accidental collisions in this game, yet all seemed to be United players doing the accident.

Doesn't really matter apparently. We should draw line under this and move on. Definitely shouldn't complain or show backbone as that would upset the delicate little flowers who only see good in everyone.

Spot on, Holt got sent off for less at ER. 

5 minutes ago, 151 said:

Kingsley said he might miss one game and then be back. From his mouth at the coach after the game as I waited with the young lad to see the players.

I think concussion is 6 days subject to passing all tests. 

Kingsley should be back for Hibs. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So basically play 3 players out of position to keep his blue eyed boy Halliday in the team, to its detriment. You pick your best team. 

Based on todays performance he did.  Rowles was given a lesson by Fletcher today. Fletcher won everything, bullied him,  and Rowles looked  slow coming out for the goals and pen. Any clubs watching him today won’t be back. 

I would love someone to ask why Rowles didn't start today, because it looked like he wasn't match ready when he came on for Halkett, and got a little turned around by Fletcher at the first goal.

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'll be disappointed if there isn't a Hearts player sent off for smashing him around the halfway line next time we play them at Tynie.

Yup - if CG is finished it’s only fair that one of our players ends Fletcher next time we play Scumdee Ushited

Diadora Van Basten
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That gets on my wick also. You see the probable teams before and Halliday is never in them but come 1.50pm he is always there.