***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not seen it yet, but sounds horrendous.  I hope it is not as bad as folk describe or fear, as at his age, it could finish him. 

I’ll not repost it, but there’s a horrendous picture earlier in the thread 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

Malinga the Swinga

Thought there was a rule saying if tackle was out of control and endangering an opponent, it was a red card.

Over turning the penalty is the minimum you'd expect. How the **** did he even think it was a penalty on the first place.

Don't care of Fletcher went off at same time, he went within into clash with the result that Gordon looks severely injured.

Ref gave us a foul, eventually, so it was foul play. Gordon carried off, therefore Fletcher endangered him, therefore red card is only possible result.

If it has been an accident, then drop ball would have been result.

Referee, along with Dundee Utd players and coaching staff, are a disgrace.

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I know it’s upsetting but it’s a 50-50 challenge, both entitled to go for the ball and they collide. Unfortunately the speed of the collision and the fact Craig is off the ground when he’s caught has caused a devastating injury but there is no chance it’s a red card.

injuries apart, we were shite today in every department but we’ve somehow conjured up a fighting draw.

We can cope with these injuries. Clark is fine. Sibbick is fine and the window is coming. Put it to bed and move on. No point in dwelling on it 

Well said, one positive we did not just chuck it ,and we kept going till the end. Really bad luck for big Craig I hope it's no to bad but I do fear the worse. One thing I will not be sitting doon to my Xmas dinner with a face like thunder....😁, onwards to Perth,Merry Xmas abody HHGH!!.

Edited by micole

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd have to see it again but I don't think Fletcher has tried to injure Gordon. Just his momentum and I doubt he could have stopped himself, he had the right to go for the ball. 

I dont think he's deliberately done it - but he very definitely went looking for contact as it was inside the box.

12 minutes ago, Imaman said:

There needs to be review of that tackle on Craig. The more you see it the worse it looks. 

Said it at the time .  no way it was 50/50

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

15 goals & 100% penalties record, for Shankland.

I'm going to love you all & leave you now, JKB.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas. 👍🏻

Merry Christmas ❤️❤️

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

There’s leg breaks and leg breaks. If it’s a closed injury and not too complex, they’ll fix it ASAP and he could be walking on it in a few months. As a football player he has access to physio and rehab input most of us don’t. But, on the other hand, he is 40. So he may not be up for it. Knowing Craig he will be though!

Hope you are right

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd have to see it again but I don't think Fletcher has tried to injure Gordon. Just his momentum and I doubt he could have stopped himself, he had the right to go for the ball. 

He was looking at the ball the whole time and didn’t even know he was going to run into Gordon.

Hes a thug for the challenge on Sibbick and shouldn’t have even been on the pitch but I don’t think he could’ve been carded for the Gordon one - giving them a penalty on the other hand !!!. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ref gave foul therefore Fletcher is at fault. Red card for endangering opponent is therefore mandatory.

If it was accident, would have been drop ball.

No excusing Fletcher from causing injury is acceptable.

That thing you do
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought there was a rule saying if tackle was out of control and endangering an opponent, it was a red card.

Over turning the penalty is the minimum you'd expect. How the **** did he even think it was a penalty on the first place.

Don't care of Fletcher went off at same time, he went within into clash with the result that Gordon looks severely injured.

Ref gave us a foul, eventually, so it was foul play. Gordon carried off, therefore Fletcher endangered him, therefore red card is only possible result.

Ive looked at it a few times.

I think Fletcher was offside at the start of his run which then negates either the red card for him or a penalty for United. And I think thats why no action was taken as the offside would be the ruling.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Need to see the replay. If he has raised a foot or whatever, he should be dealt with retrospectively and banned for the rest of the season.

Need to see it again myself to be honest. Not up for giving the hobo ***** the benefit of the doubt though. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I know it’s upsetting but it’s a 50-50 challenge, both entitled to go for the ball and they collide. Unfortunately the speed of the collision and the fact Craig is off the ground when he’s caught has caused a devastating injury but there is no chance it’s a red card.

injuries apart, we were shite today in every department but we’ve somehow conjured up a fighting draw.

We can cope with these injuries. Clark is fine. Sibbick is fine and the window is coming. Put it to bed and move on. No point in dwelling on it 

Nonsense. That was the case a decade ago, but not now. Every week players get sent off going in for sliding challenges where they are entitled to go for the ball, actually win the ball, but the way they challenge for the ball is deemed to have endangered the opponent. That is absolutely what Fletcher did. He was out of control or he wouldn't have hit Gordon at the speed he did. Was it enough to endanger the opponent? Well evidently. Red card all day long.

Beyond that, I thought we played some nice football today. Lacked a bit of cutting edge.

3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Apparently that second last sentence is incorrect. If a VAR penalty decision is overturned the defending side gets the ball. I say apparently because a poster earlier in the thread was adamant this was the rule after our first penalty claim. 

kingantti1874
Just now, That thing you do said:

I think Fletcher was offside at the start of his run which then negates either the red card for him or a penalty for United. And I think thats why no action was taken as the offside would be the ruling.

offside doesn’t negate a red.  You can be sent off sitting on the bench 

I’m no medical expert but a double break may mean it needs pins etc 

It’s an horrific injury. I remember playing a goalie suffered the same type of challenge the sound of the break haunts me to this day. Game abandoned in that instant. Ambulance on the pitch to take the goalie away. Sickened by this incident. 

Sickness losing big Craig for the season bit I don't think Halkett and Kingsleys are that bad 

Halkett looked like he just jarred it and Kingsleys was just a blow to the face.

Kingsley shoukd make the Derby and hopefully Halkett as it didn't look like a twist or strain .

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, That thing you do said:

No it doesn't negate red card. If you are offside and headbutt someone, you would still be red carded.

No excusing Fletcher, he caused incident as ref awarded foul for Hearts, albeit with help from VAR.

Ex member of the SaS

Has to be one of the worst ref's out there. Overturning his own decision is madness. Then to signal a penalty when the keeper ( Craig ) was assaulted only to take an age to over turn that! We allowed a geriatric and a team of cloggers to dominate the game.

Ask your self how many of their players would you take ? We need a striker and an attacking mid asap.

1 minute ago, That thing you do said:

Offside doesn't negate the red card if it is for a foul of that nature. It only cancels out bookings and red cards that are for technical fouls, like handballs.

Anyway, a foul was given against Fletcher, not offside.

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Sickness losing big Craig for the season bit I don't think Halkett and Kingsleys are that bad 

Halkett looked like he just jarred it and Kingsleys was just a blow to the face.

Kingsley shoukd make the Derby and hopefully Halkett as it didn't look like a twist or strain .

No way Halkett will make the Hibs game 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Apparently that second last sentence is incorrect. If a VAR penalty decision is overturned the defending side gets the ball. I say apparently because a poster earlier in the thread was adamant this was the rule after our first penalty claim. 

Depends on why it was overturned I guess. It looked to me like he have Hearts a foul. I believe that's what he did but he will be scrambling about trying to get an out to justify his horrific performance.

Any word why he only added 7 minutes injury time? Well, apart from the fact he was a useless cheating ***** who was so out his depth he allowed United players to kick anything that moved.

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ref gave foul therefore Fletcher is at fault. Red card for endangering opponent is therefore mandatory.

If it was accident, would have been drop ball.

No excusing Fletcher from causing injury is acceptable.

That's more than endangering an opponent - that's GBH. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Kingsley was knocked out - you saw his right arm flopping to the ground - he will be 2wks min IMO.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Depends on why it was overturned I guess. It looked to me like he have Hearts a foul. I believe that's what he did but he will be scrambling about trying to get an out to justify his horrific performance.

Any word why he only added 7 minutes injury time? Well, apart from the fact he was a useless cheating ***** who was so out his depth he allowed United players to kick anything that moved.

No idea mate. I listened on the radio and knew it was more than 7 minutes so why the **** paid official(s) at the game couldn’t work it out is beyond me 😂

1 minute ago, briever said:

Kingsley was knocked out - you saw his right arm flopping to the ground - he will be 2wks min IMO.

You might well be right. Look at Haring, expected back for weeks and still not ready.  

5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Nor should he. 

We can't afford a repeat of the Europe crap where he came back to go down injured again after a few minutes. 

Should proceed under the assumption Rowles and Sibbick will start. 

5 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Think Neilson needs to hold his hand up tonight. With that team they should stroll utd.

Surely you need to look at the early injuries though. I didn’t manage to see it so can’t really comment but our defence is generally poor without Halkett, Kingsley going off a double blow. 

Edited by GinRummy

The White Cockade
7 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Didn’t give offside 

we got a free kick in

out box

I thought it looked offside at the time but haven’t watched it again

if it was offside then It shows how how dangerous it is to leave decisions to var and play on 

Lino flags and whistle goes then Craig doesn’t get hurt

VAR is killing the game 

Should accept officials will make sting calls and just scrap it

The 7 minute delays are ridiculous and it’s hard to celebrate a goal knowing it might not stand 5 minutes later

That thing you do
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

7 minutes was a crazy decision I agree. I thought 9 minimum more like 11 counting it up. Referee had a bad game though, no question

I don't think Fletcher "meant' it, but that doesn't change the fact that he was completely out of control, was never getting the ball and the only possible outcome was a bad collision. He knew that and carried on regardless.

13 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

You could see what the ref reviewed on Hearts TV and it definitely wasn't the offside so must have already been deemed onside.

24 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

👍

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

I don't think Fletcher "meant' it, but that doesn't change the fact that he was completely out of control, was never getting the ball and the only possible outcome was a bad collision. He knew that and carried on regardless.

Yep, Fletcher to blame 100% for incident. No doubt we will get the crocodile tears of regret from him and DUfc. Well, can I just say **** Fletcher and **** DUfc. Hopefully someone will do exactly the same to him in next few weeks.

17 minutes ago, King prawn said:

He was looking at the ball the whole time and didn’t even know he was going to run into Gordon.

Hes a thug for the challenge on Sibbick and shouldn’t have even been on the pitch but I don’t think he could’ve been carded for the Gordon one - giving them a penalty on the other hand !!!. 

agree with this post, I think sibbick not going down and just hobbling helped fletcher, but in reviews it certainly looks to warrant a red card 

Captain Sausage

So we limped through to the world break, optimistic about the return of:

Humphrys, Halkett, Kingsley, Haring and Beni

After two matches post-world cup, we're now without:

Boyce, Beni, Haring, Kingsley, Halkett, Gordon and Humphrys

An unbelievable amount of bad luck going on. Looks like we're already in a worse position than we were pre-world cup. Arguably missing 5 of our top 6 players (CG, CH, SK, BB, LB) and doubtful any will be back shortly. Really need a couple of big signings in January to assist now.

If we're serious about setting Neilson up for success and targeting back-to-back European group stage visits, we need to be more aggressive with finances (not spend spend spend, but look to part of the £3m+ warchest that we've probably held back for summer and release a decent proportion of what was allocated to summer to support the team now)

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

FFS, just bend over and let Fletcher and ref ride us raw.

He endangered an opponent, it is clear as day. 

This holier than thou attitude gets on my ****ing nerves.

Meet fire with fire and I'd have no problem with Hearts player crippling Fletcher or another Utd player next time we play them.

Sick to death of letting ***** like him do whatever with no comeback ever faced.

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Thought it was a shocking challenge at the time.

Fletcher brings his knee up prior to assaulting Gordon.

Watching it back doesn't change my mind, that hubz c#unt has probably ended Gordon's career.

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Thought it was knee, honestly hope it's his leg as horrible as that sounds.

His leg was snapped in two! 🙈

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Graham Grainger was the 4th official, so he's be the one guessing what the injury time was.

We're a bit of a soft side. Firstly we allowed Dundee Utd to bully us and boot us up and down the park without leaving a mark on them. Secondly, no one came steaming in to back up their team mates when they had been assaulted and thirdly, zero afters or in the tunnel it seems. 

Should've been paggers at F/T. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'll be disappointed if there isn't a Hearts player sent off for smashing him around the halfway line next time we play them at Tynie.

Some on here would rather we give him a sympathetic round of applause. Never Hearts fans with their pissy pants take the high ground attitude.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

A bad game would mean he fell below his usual standards. He was pretty much par for the course today: Innocuous yellow for Hearts (Snodgrass), Utd player kicking Devlin only a yellow, got all weak at the knees with VAR, and inconsistent injury time added. That's reffing in Scotland in a nutshell. 

Fletcher’s should have been off the park before he crippled Gordon for his over ball tackle on Sibbick missed by the referee and the VAR guy! A straight red all day long! 🤬🤬🤬

21 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I’d be astonished if Halkett plays again this season. That’s an ACL injury by the look of it

Merry Christmas everyone. I’ll leave the forum to the utterly clueless and the drama queens for a couple of days

Edited by JimmyCant