***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

17 minutes ago, Imaman said:

I’m no medical expert but a double break may mean it needs pins etc 

It’s an horrific injury. I remember playing a goalie suffered the same type of challenge the sound of the break haunts me to this day. Game abandoned in that instant. Ambulance on the pitch to take the goalie away. Sickened by this incident. 

If his leg isn’t at the right angle then both bones are broken. That means the whole assembly is unstable, and they will 100% fix it. Numerous ways to do that - most commonly they will put a rod in the bigger one and plate the smaller. But you can come back from that. Larsson had an open fracture of both bones (usually worse) and he came back to full fitness. The question is whether CG will want to call it quits at this stage. Which was always coming at some point, we just might get there sooner.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

So we limped through to the world break, optimistic about the return of:

Humphrys, Halkett, Kingsley, Haring and Beni

After two matches post-world cup, we're now without:

Boyce, Beni, Haring, Kingsley, Halkett, Gordon and Humphrys

An unbelievable amount of bad luck going on. Looks like we're already in a worse position than we were pre-world cup. Arguably missing 5 of our top 6 players (CG, CH, SK, BB, LB) and doubtful any will be back shortly. Really need a couple of big signings in January to assist now.

If we're serious about setting Neilson up for success and targeting back-to-back European group stage visits, we need to be more aggressive with finances (not spend spend spend, but look to part of the £3m+ warchest that we've probably held back for summer and release a decent proportion of what was allocated to summer to support the team now)

Agree with the first bit.  We've certainly upset the Gods but we don't need to go daft and panic. Zander is as good a replacement as we could wish for in goals. A proper dominant centre half  - even an experienced loanee gives us what we need at the back. Otherwise stick to the plan. 

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm not Neilson's biggest fan, but to come away from Tannadice with a bent/incompetent ref, the loss of your captain/GK and your two best central defenders with a point is disappointing but hardly a match we should have strolled.

:spoton:

Just now, Cruyff said:

Interested to hear what Robbie has to say. Has he spoken yet? 

I reckon he’ll be incandescent with rage at the refereeing performance. Probably as well just to decline an interview as I’m sure he’d land up in the dock at Hampden. 

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You might well be right. Look at Haring, expected back for weeks and still not ready.  

I hope all the players get a HIA baseline done at the start of the season - that way they can benchmark them after brain injuries, ps, you cannae call them head knocks now.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Some on here would rather we give him a sympathetic round of applause. Never Hearts fans with their pissy pants take the high ground attitude.

Still slavering.

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I reckon he’ll be incandescent with rage at the refereeing performance. Probably as well just to decline an interview as I’m sure he’d land up in the dock at Hampden. 

he was careful not to call him a cheat

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely you need to look at the early injuries though. I didn’t manage to see it so can’t really comment but our defence is generally poor without Halkett, Kingsley going off a double blow. 

There's a lot taken into consideration, too much to put down but that was a top side despite injuries. They should have carved them apart. 

Leveins Battalion

In amongst all the shite on this thread the day there was a poster asking for our management team to be sacked 🤣🤣🤣

Honestly some folk should not support the Hearts.

Anne,Joe and The board need to get the cheque book out and support our top manager.

Merry Xmas Jambos and a speedy recovery to our injured heroes.

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Getting tired of Neilson getting YCs - he needs to control himself, it helps nobody him pissing refs off.

The one he had his first hissy fit about was Edwards perfectly legitimate tackle on Smith when he scored - Smith hurt himself when he fell on his shoulder and he's an old man.

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d be astonished if Halkett plays again this season. That’s an ACL injury by the look of it

Merry Christmas everyone. I’ll leave the forum to the utterly clueless and the drama queens for a couple of days

**** sake m8, why do you always come over as a horrible *****. 

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

FFS, just bend over and let Fletcher and ref ride us raw.

He endangered an opponent, it is clear as day. 

This holier than thou attitude gets on my ****ing nerves.

Meet fire with fire and I'd have no problem with Hearts player crippling Fletcher or another Utd player next time we play them.

Sick to death of letting ***** like him do whatever with no comeback ever faced.

Two fragile objects heading towards each other at speed. CG moving the faster if the two. They collide. It’s devastating for CG but it’s entirely accidental. Nothing reckless by either player. A 50-50 ball and An accident - End of

7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson tells BBC Sportsound that Craig Gordon has been taken to hospital, saying only "it's not looking great".

The Scotland goalkeeper was involved in a sickening collision with Steven Fletcher, with both players unable to continue.

"We played well in periods, lost a couple of poor goals and the game become a bit of a farce at the end with VAR and the decision-making by the officials. It was a very strange day, to say the least.

"The referee made a number of decisions that will be looked at tonight that I wasn't in agreement with. If a referee has to look at an incident 30 times, there's a problem somewhere. It's just not good enough and it's a real worry for us.

18 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm not Neilson's biggest fan, but to come away from Tannadice with a bent/incompetent ref, the loss of your captain/GK and your two best central defenders with a point is disappointing but hardly a match we should have strolled.

I see your point but still think the quality on the pitch should have made mincemeat of them. Maybe I'm being harsh.

Malinga the Swinga

I suspect the Scottish media will be more concerned with clearing Fletcher of blame, despite all evidence being available showing he knew exactly what he was doing.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Two fragile objects heading towards each other at speed. CG moving the faster if the two. They collide. It’s devastating for CG but it’s entirely accidental. Nothing reckless by either player. A 50-50 ball and An accident - End of

:spoton:

Just now, 22games nro said:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson tells BBC Sportsound that Craig Gordon has been taken to hospital, saying only "it's not looking great".

The Scotland goalkeeper was involved in a sickening collision with Steven Fletcher, with both players unable to continue.

"We played well in periods, lost a couple of poor goals and the game become a bit of a farce at the end with VAR and the decision-making by the officials. It was a very strange day, to say the least.

"The referee made a number of decisions that will be looked at tonight that I wasn't in agreement with. If a referee has to look at an incident 30 times, there's a problem somewhere. It's just not good enough and it's a real worry for us.

Cheers. 👍 That was him holding back I suspect. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Cannae argue wi gammon bud. 👍

Dean Winchester
4 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Id probably rather he take the ban and call them out after a performance like that

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We're all human, we've all get legs and many of us have broken them or done cruciates. So some of us know that once you've had a very bad injury, you'll never be the same. No one needs a doctor to tell you that. 

Fair enough,  I agree.

Just frustrated after the Halkett talk.

Lucky it's happened now and not 15 years ago, I think he'll be back.. as a coach.

Shitty day today, at least as t we battledfir a point. 

The most valid point is why did that even get varred for penalty. A total joke. The main thing taken from this "game" is how agricultural these minging *******s are. End off.

Malinga the Swinga

Strange that's it's the usual non supportive Hearts fans stating it was an accident and let's just move on, while the vast majority of actual supporters are incandescent with rage over a foul that's left us without our best player.

Actually, not strange at all. Sadly ****ing predictable 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We aren't.

That is easy to check as well.

We weren't even the worst away team last season, don't talk utter mince for the sake of it- you'll look daft.

Yep, Mostly why we were 3rd last year and are 4th on goal difference with a game in hand at the moment is that we get a good points haul on the road against dross.

9 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

I see your point but still think the quality on the pitch should have made mincemeat of them. Maybe I'm being harsh.

We played poorly today - there was no excuse for their second goal.

This is becoming an incredibly frustrating and  actually after today depressing season. 

Despite how awful the other teams are we really need to figure out how to defend to have any chance of Finishing third. And now we have to do that without the best GK in the country. 

Simple long balls over the top and cross balls are not dealt with, which leaves us very very vulnerable. 

Will be interesting to see how Neilson deals with this now but I really dont think a 3 of Sibbick, Rowles and Cochrane is going to work. 

Malinga the Swinga

Strange that's it's the usual non supportive Hearts fans stating it was an accident and let's just move on, while the vast majority of actual supporters are incandescent with rage over a foul that's left us without our best player.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

This is becoming an incredibly frustrating and  actually after today depressing season. 

Despite how awful the other teams are we really need to figure out how to defend to have any chance of Finishing third. And now we have to do that without the best GK in the country. 

Simple long balls over the top and cross balls are not dealt with, which leaves us very very vulnerable. 

Will be interesting to see how Neilson deals with this now but I really dont think a 3 of Sibbick, Rowles and Cochrane is going to work. 

Piss off man 🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

**** Fletcher. Rank hibs rat ***** 

Left the boot in on Sibbick about 5 mins before that outrageous assault too.

13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I suspect the Scottish media will be more concerned with clearing Fletcher of blame, despite all evidence being available showing he knew exactly what he was doing.

Why would the Scottish media do that?  Gordon is the Scotland goalie.

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

Absolutely gutted for craig, his save from fletchers header just before that shows he was still at the top of his game.

step up Mr Clark, as it turns out, now a really astute signing. 

Yep, the fans need to get behind Zander, and probably we need to bring in a keeper in the window. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Well hes done ****all up until now so dont hold your breath. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Yep, the fans need to get behind Zander, and probably we need to bring in a keeper in the window. 

I have no doubt that Hearts supporters will back Clark 100%.

Can't speak for a few on here though.

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And that is fine and I agree... except the Ref never. Penalty Utd 🥴

The most baffling decision was when we have the ball, ref gives hs a pen. Changes his mind and gives Utd the ball for a freekick? We were in possession.

7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Why wouldn't we? He was really good at St Johnstone and got a big support today when he came on.

24 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Not said anything wrong there imo.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

But......Fletcher looked offside before the collision but with this daft rule that they don’t call that right away with VAR the play wasn’t stopped or or the collision wouldn’t have happened.  But much worse, how could that totally inept clown of a referee Colin Steven along with wee Dougie Dross the linesman, give it as a penalty?  And why was Dross hovering around the referee's VAR screen during the check giving his pennyworth?  It's supposed to be the referee's final decision depending upon what he sees on the screen.  It then took them over 8 minutes to finally give it as a foul on Fletcher so why didn’t he get a red card for dangerous play?

They haven’t a clue what they’re doing and, much worse, they're a danger to the players on the pitch.  Djoum attempts a block on Devlin, goes down in the box, plays the ball with both arms preventing a through pass from Devlin to Shankland......penalty.  Another useless ref, Alan Muir, on the VAR desk in Glasgow, tells wee Steven to check it out again on the VAR screen....he then thinks that he's been second guessed by a more experienced referee so changes his mind. 

Freeman kicks Devlin in the small of the back with no intention of playing the ball.  Why isn't that a red card for dangerous foul play?  Steven, wee Dougie and Muir never saw that one or Steven just gave the wrong card and the other two didn't want to get involved?     

At least Steven and Muir, on the VAR desk, finally got the second penalty call correct.  Arm around the neck, pulling the jersey and wrestling a player to the ground is a foul anywhere on the park.

Oh, and in addition to the EIGHT minute stoppage for the Craig Gordon serious injury / penalty nonsense along with the other injuries, stoppages and subs, never mind the united goalie being booked for time wasting, only 7 minutes were added on.  Should have been in the 12 to 15 range.

As many of us had anticipated…..it’s not so much the technology, it’s the useless officials who are just as bad with or without VAR or even good old stop watches.

17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Deary me, it was a collision no more, no less. Sometimes shit happens, Halkett might be out for as long as Gordon after a very innocuous incident. Get a grip. I was there and in line with it and it looked like a bad collision at the time. Not sure if that makes me a “non supportive” supporter?

Edited by bobskeldon

For anyone at the game or who watched it how did Sibbick play? Starter now for the derby and would feel a bit unlucky to be dropped to bench last 2 games.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Still think Fletcher should have been off!

Real coincidence too that we seem to get so many injuries at Tannadice.

He should have been off for that over the ball challenge on Sibbick BEFORE he whacked Gordon!

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Deary me, it was a collision no more, no less. Sometimes shit happens, Halkett might be out for as long as Gordon after a very innocuous incident. Get a grip. I was there and in line with it and it looked like a bad collision at the time. Not sure if that makes me a “non supportive” supporter?

Maybe you had poor view. It was reckless and out of control, and deserved a red card.

I have no idea if your non supportive, but then again, I don't give a ****.

For your own good though, I'd suggest you visit opticians.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

31 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

There's a lot taken into consideration, too much to put down but that was a top side despite injuries. They should have carved them apart. 

I’m not Neilson’s biggest fan but IF certain poor results are down to mitigating circumstances then eventually mitigating circumstances run out. Todays not the day to be saying we should have done this or that imo. 

3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

For anyone at the game or who watched it how did Sibbick play? Starter now for the derby and would feel a bit unlucky to be dropped to bench last 2 games.

Played better than Rowles I thought

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well hes done ****all up until now so dont hold your breath. 

Take a day off ffs