***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Deary me, it was a collision no more, no less. Sometimes shit happens, Halkett might be out for as long as Gordon after a very innocuous incident. Get a grip. I was there and in line with it and it looked like a bad collision at the time. Not sure if that makes me a “non supportive” supporter?

Ignore him/her an absolute Drama Queen.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

Just now, Thomaso said:

He should have been off for that over the ball challenge on Sibbick BEFORE he whacked Gordon!

That's what I meant. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

He should have been off for that over the ball challenge on Sibbick BEFORE he whacked Gordon!

Old ***** given licence to hack as he slows down

Just now, Thomaso said:

Played better than Rowles I thought

Cheers, Think hes a confidence player, and in a Brutal day glad no brain farts from him today. 

8 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

But......Fletcher looked offside before the collision but with this daft rule that they don’t call that right away with VAR the play wasn’t stopped or or the collision wouldn’t have happened.  But much worse, how could that totally inept clown of a referee Colin Steven along with wee Dougie Dross the linesman, give it as a penalty?  And why was Dross hovering around the referee's VAR screen during the check giving his pennyworth?  It's supposed to be the referee's final decision depending upon what he sees on the screen.  It then took them over 8 minutes to finally give it as a foul on Fletcher so why didn’t he get a red card for dangerous play?

They haven’t a clue what they’re doing and, much worse, they're a danger to the players on the pitch.  Djoum attempts a block on Devlin, goes down in the box, plays the ball with both arms preventing a through pass from Devlin to Shankland......penalty.  Another useless ref, Alan Muir, on the VAR desk in Glasgow, tells wee Steven to check it out again on the VAR screen....he then thinks that he's been second guessed by a more experienced referee so changes his mind. 

Freeman kicks Devlin in the small of the back with no intention of playing the ball.  Why isn't that a red card for dangerous foul play?  Steven, wee Dougie and Muir never saw that one or Steven just gave the wrong card and the other two didn't want to get involved?     

At least Steven and Muir, on the VAR desk, finally got the second penalty call correct.  Arm around the neck, pulling the jersey and wrestling a player to the ground is a foul anywhere on the park.

Oh, and in addition to the EIGHT minute stoppage for the Craig Gordon serious injury / penalty nonsense along with the other injuries, stoppages and subs, never mind the united goalie being booked for time wasting, only 7 minutes were added on.  Should have been in the 12 to 15 range.

As many of us had anticipated…..it’s not so much the technology, it’s the useless officials who are just as bad with or without VAR or even good old stop watches.

Best getting out of there before someone else got injured. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not Neilson’s biggest fan but IF certain poor results are down to mitigating circumstances then eventually mitigating circumstances run out. Todays not the day to be saying we should have done this or that imo. 

Fair enough 👍

25 minutes ago, briever said:

We played poorly today - there was no excuse for their second goal.

I think so, I was hoping to see a lot more, so I'm disappointed given the squad on the pitch. A hiccup though methinks.

5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

For anyone at the game or who watched it how did Sibbick play? Starter now for the derby and would feel a bit unlucky to be dropped to bench last 2 games.

Played well.  Made some good interceptions and forward runs.  Suffered a deliberate foul from Fletcher which could well have been a red card.  Useless officials couldn't even see it as a yellow.  Toby can look after himself though.  Must have had to do that with the cloggers in League 1.

32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

**** Fletcher. Rank hibs rat ***** 

He will now be a hero to the Lochend scumbags. 😏

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Maybe you had poor view. It was reckless and out of control, and deserved a red card.

I have no idea if your non supportive, but then again, I don't give a ****.

For your own good though, I'd suggest you visit opticians.

So, in real time, from 100m to the side of the incident (you couldn’t have been behind it), you saw Fletcher deliberately break CG’s leg? 😂

Edited by bobskeldon

Imagine the weegie press with 7 mins of additional time. Celtic would simply write to the SFA without a seconds thought. 

No wonder eyebrows were raised when Anderson invested in this sham of a set up.

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Best getting out of there before someone else got injured. 

You have a point.  👍

Wee Colin Steven probably wanted it all to end after his first penalty change, (blunder?) prompted by Alan Muir, before half time.

Just now, DesertDawg said:

You have a point.  👍

Wee Colin Steven probably wanted it all to end after his first penalty change, (blunder?) prompted by Alan Muir, before half time.

He's out of his depth. 

Fletcher borderline needing a wheelchair 15 seconds before, then the Christmas Miracle is he can then sprint like Usain Bolt and ends Gordon’s career.

Plus, the wee ***** chucking second balls onto the pitch was shambolic.

I hope they get relegated.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Imagine the weegie press with 7 mins of additional time. Celtic would simply write to the SFA without a seconds thought. 

No wonder eyebrows were raised when Anderson invested in this sham of a set up.

We should be making a huge fuss about it aa well then, cant see it though can you?

1 hour ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Think Neilson needs to hold his hand up tonight. With that team they should stroll utd.

Typical Robbie away from home performance for me today. A forward thinking positive manager would have come away from there today with full points. United are murder but our manager managed to make them look better than they actually are. I said 4 points from our next 2 fixtures should be minimum but that was assuming we beat utd. I sadly can't see us beating St Johnstone but hopefully I'm wrong. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Typical Robbie away from home performance for me today. A forward thinking positive manager would have come away from there today with full points. United are murder but our manager managed to make them look better than they actually are. I said 4 points from our next 2 fixtures should be minimum but that was assuming we beat utd. I sadly can't see us beating St Johnstone but hopefully I'm wrong. 

Who gives a ****. 

Our captain and best player is lying in a hospital bed with a potentially career ending injury. 

The result, the performance, Robbie's outfit choice, whatever folk want to try and criticise as per usual, don't matter one bit. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We should be making a huge fuss about it aa well then, cant see it though can you?

Pointless and actually self harming. The ***** would simply officiate us even worse. There is no protection  unless you are in green or blue. For our officials its not about a team  earning a right to play  its about levelling  things up by making it clear you can boot Hearts off the park with no penalty.

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who gives a ****. 

Our captain and best player is lying in a hospital bed with a potentially career ending injury. 

The result, the performance, Robbie's outfit choice, whatever folk want to try and criticise as per usual, don't matter one bit. 

I'm gutted at the injuries too just incase you think I'm not. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who gives a ****. 

I'm with you. Its been a grim day regardless of score.

This team has bottle though 

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Bellend. Merry Christmas 

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who gives a ****. 

My thoughts precisely. We might have witnessed the curtain coming down on the the career of the best player in my lifetime. But Robbie oot etc. 

Perspective, eh? 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Who gives a ****. 

Correct. 

10 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Nonsense post. 

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Bellend. Merry Christmas 

Merry Xmas bellend. Something makes me think that you were not there today. And if you were your eyes must have been shut. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Pointless and actually self harming. The ***** would simply officiate us even worse. There is no protection  unless you are in green or blue. For our officials its not about a team  earning a right to play  its about levelling  things up by making it clear you can boot teams off the park with no penalty.

So just bend over, it will never change unless someone at least attempts to do something. 
We did at least try with our demotion but since then its all about being pals again. 

32 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Fletcher looked offside before the collision but with this daft rule that they don’t call that right away with VAR the play wasn’t stopped or or the collision wouldn’t have happened.

I’m sure someone mentioned that earlier in the match thread. 

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

As many of us had anticipated…..it’s not so much the technology, it’s the useless officials who are just as bad with or without VAR or even good old stop watches.

Yep that was said on the VAR thread as well

Useless Cheating Officials both on and off the park.

22 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So, in real time, from 100m to the side of the incident (you couldn’t have been behind it), you saw Fletcher deliberately break CG’s leg? 😂

Don't engage Bob

He is a trumpet.

7 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Presume you never go to away games?  Hope you haven’t got a ticket for ER. 

Go to plenty thank you, and stream the ones I miss.

and yes have a ticket for Easter road 😜

Lambert Simnel

BBC Sport has Fletcher as the man of the match.  I really don't have words for this.

Edited by Lambert Simnel

8 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, tell that to the 2,600 away fans going through right enough.

Cheers. Too much faff for me though.

Was one of the 2600.

but no chance I would give another team money for a stream, I ll just stick to pirates when I can’t go

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, whytebeard said:

Was one of the 2600.

but no chance I would give another team money for a stream, I ll just stick to pirates when I can’t go

This!  How people can compare attending an away game to support the team to giving shitehawks like Utd free money for more than likely a crap stream with ridiculously biased commentary is beyond me.  Wouldn’t give them the steam off my pish. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Spot on. 

17 minutes ago, karipidis said:

If Kingsleys concussion settles down is it 10 days before he is able to return? Derby in 9 days…

There isn't a 10 day rule in Scotland. When a player passes medical tests they can play.

Could be less than 10 days or a lot more in the case of Haring.

If the referee has to look at a decision 30 times, there's a problem at some point. I was standing at the side, the quality of the picture the referee was looking at was an absolute disgrace. It was very cloudy and you couldn't see anything.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-hearts-captain-craig-25833845

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

This!  How people can compare attending an away game to support the team to giving shitehawks like Utd free money for more than likely a crap stream with ridiculously biased commentary is beyond me.  Wouldn’t give them the steam off my pish. 

But going to an away game is giving them money (which is more than the steam of your pish). Paying a Sky subscription is giving every team in the league money. Attending a cup game is giving the opposition money wherever the tie is. Find it weird people acting all high and mighty when they’re the ones doing the illegal streaming.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Thanks as I've already been called a bellend by one poster and talking nonsense by another. 

Cant be critiquing Bob, his main supporter is starting threads all over the place to try and deflect attention away from another poor away performance against absolute dross. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cant be critiquing Bob, his main supporter is starting threads all over the place to try and deflect attention away from another poor away performance against absolute dross. 

Wonder who that would be. 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But going to an away game is giving them money (which is more than the steam of your pish). Paying a Sky subscription is giving every team in the league money. Attending a cup game is giving the opposition money wherever the tie is. Find it weird people acting all high and mighty when they’re the ones doing the illegal streaming.

Going to an away game benefits Hearts by supporting the team, paying for Utd tv or whatever doesn’t.  It’s that simple.  

And going to an away cup tie, Hearts get half the money after policing and stewarding costs anyway. 

I’ve not been to an away game since pre Covid anyway but I have other things to do with my time and money, rather than officially boycotting.   Not sure I would feel comfortable going to Tannadice though given their role in booting us out the league.  So, no I haven’t even given them the steam off my pish!  Each to their own though.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Graham Grainger was the 4th official, so he's be the one guessing what the injury time was.

What EXACTLY does the 4th official do apart from argue with the dugout crews and hold up the subs and extra time boards?

5 minutes ago, Imaman said:

If the referee has to look at a decision 30 times, there's a problem at some point. I was standing at the side, the quality of the picture the referee was looking at was an absolute disgrace. It was very cloudy and you couldn't see anything.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-hearts-captain-craig-25833845

Not sure where this is from

My cup's always half full but my calculation at the start of the season still stands. Count the 8 matches v the arsecheeks as 0 points. Beat the rest at home and average a point away v the rest and you get 60 points. Last season we got 61 TWELVE ahead of fourth. We are bang on target for that now.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boris5115 said:

Wonder who that would be. 

Exactly. 
It would be good if he explained why he persisted with Cochrane at LCB when Rowles was available.