Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Marvin

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Apologies for the random question but does anyone know if Hearts TV is showing the full match replay tonight? Website doesn’t seem to mention it.

Away down south this weekend so can’t make the game but wondering if I can avoid the score and watch later.

Full match replay on BBC Alba at 6 and 11.  

14 hours ago, RS86 said:

Gonna be brave and say 4-2. Nouble to score early (and folk to say we should sign him in Jan...) and then Livi's arse to collapse as we up the pressure.

If he scores it won't 5 minutes never mind January before they start calling for him.

23 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Apologies for the random question but does anyone know if Hearts TV is showing the full match replay tonight? Website doesn’t seem to mention it.

Away down south this weekend so can’t make the game but wondering if I can avoid the score and watch later.

Better than that!!!

It's on BBC Alba 'as live' at 18:00, repeated at 22.55.

Just turn off your phone, avoid the radio & telly and yer sorted.

Done it a few times in the past. Much fun.

Always a hard game vs Livi tough game 3-2 Hearts and the real bonus is we are not playing on that abomination they call a pitch at the macaroni .

Churchill Barrier
26 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Bet they do 

Going by their performances this season,  possession will be close to equal, and they will match our shots at goal and on target.

Its a hard game to call, we should win, however no massive surprise if we dont.

When we reach that level of expectation/anticipation in Glasgow then progress will have been made. 

Feel free to reply after game and see who assessed the game closest.

Looking forward to this one. Taking my son in law #1 to Tynecastle for the first time. We went to the away 2-2 game v Killie and he seemed to enjoy it. He's a huge Aston Villa fan and a forces kid so he'll appreciate our history and tributes. Just need a good Hearts win to send us back along the M8 happy.

42 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Going by their performances this season,  possession will be close to equal, and they will match our shots at goal and on target.

Its a hard game to call, we should win, however no massive surprise if we dont.

When we reach that level of expectation/anticipation in Glasgow then progress will have been made. 

Feel free to reply after game and see who assessed the game closest.

In the away game earlier we had 64-36 possession in our favour, I’d expect to have the same or better in the home game. We had double the ‘dangerous attacks’ they had (essentially possession in the final 3rd) I’d expect that to be the same or better. However they had 6 shots on target to our ZERO. I’d be astonished if that stat wasn’t in our favour today as well. I’ll estimate we’ll have double the shots on target that they have.

This is a team who have a massive home advantage but they don’t travel that well. There shouldn’t be any question about who wins today unless we just don’t turn up offensively and get sloppy defensively.

3-1 Hearts for me with most key stats hugely in our favour 

At a guess we will start slow but then get a grip of the game after 15mins or so. You don't want to go a goal down against the like of Livi as they will happily sit back and hit on the break. Hopefully we still have enough in the tank to see this through.

Hopefully we come flying out of the traps rather than relying on fine margins to win the game.

Edited by Jingle Bells

Ex member of the SaS

Livi are no push over and if they score early I can see a disaster. Got to get wired in and score early ourselves and instead of sitting back keep at them and score a few more. Get the game out of sight early enough and they won't be a bother. Allowing them to own the park will mean a rough time. As always Heart say a Hearts win head say it won't be a walk over and could prove a banana skin.

MR INCREDIBLE
2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Livi are no push over and if they score early I can see a disaster. Got to get wired in and score early ourselves and instead of sitting back keep at them and score a few more. Get the game out of sight early enough and they won't be a bother. Allowing them to own the park will mean a rough time. As always Heart say a Hearts win head say it won't be a walk over and could prove a banana skin.

Would getting beat of a team above us in the league be a banana skin !!!

1 minute ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Would getting beat of a team above us in the league be a banana skin !!!

Livi are no doubt a hard team to beat. This is mainly due to Martindale and his expertise at getting the best out of his players.

They are mostly less talented than our players but they fight for every ball all over the pitch and put their bodies on the line.

This is something that some of our players don't do. Livi are a classic counter attacking team and we need to be 100% up for this to have any chance of winning.

At home we should be looking to beat any team in the SPFL.

13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We don’t sit back at home

14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They fight for every ball all over the pitch and put their bodies on the line.

This is something that some of our players don't do. 

Did you miss last week's game?

Biggest game of the season since the last game. This determines us going forward. Huge pressure, lots of players coming back from injury, at home. Hopefully make this game a statement and hammer them.

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Clean sheet if Rowles is fit. That's my prediction.

Also could do with giving Clark a start.

I don’t get this at all. Dropping one of the best goalkeepers in Britain for a guy who hasn’t played any meaningful football for 6 months. Beats me.

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No I was there in my usual seat. Some players need to work harder than they do.

You can’t say we lacked fight in recent games 

10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t get this at all. Dropping one of the best goalkeepers in Britain for a guy who hasn’t played any meaningful football for 6 months. Beats me.

At some point Clark needs games. So we have to play him at some point. 

15 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

At some point Clark needs games. So we have to play him at some point. 

He’s been signed as a successor, not to battle for a first team place. He knows it too. He won’t get games until the games are not as important as they are now. We’ll maybe use him in the cup 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Devlin on the bench. 

Really hope we aren’t trying to protect him. This is a huge game for us. 

The accusation from Weds he was managing that fine by himself 

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

IF he is fully fit then it’s a big risk. Holt and Omeonga are pit bulls. They’ll have the legs over Kio and Halliday. Let’s hope our front 3 do the business and it doesn’t become a scrap.

5 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He was poor. But he comes into his own in games like this for me. 

Looking at the team why the f### is C. Smith and Pollock not playing before the break. I'm sick to death with Neilson holding these talents back. 

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Looking at the team why the f### is C. Smith and Pollock not playing before the break. I'm sick to death with Neilson holding these talents back. 

Need to play out strongest 11 

scott herbertson

Livingston usually set up to hack their way through the first 20 minutes. Not surprised Robbie doesn't want  to put Devlin or Atkinson through that high risk of injury in the midfield areas. Pretty sure they will be on, fresh legs, in the second half to win it for us.... 

9 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

And if we lose 🤦‍♂️

If we lose, some people will no doubt put it down to Devlin/Atkinson  not playing

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’d have started Pollock for MCKay today. McKay doesn’t deserve his place at the moment.