***HMFC v Livingston*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully he is fit for Saturday.  Lots of players suffer reaction after first 90 mins after a longish lay-off. 

He’ll be fit. He’s bust a gut to get into that World Cup squad and he needs another 90 minutes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Marvin

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Kio

Ginnelly Devlin Snodgrass McKay

Shankland 

Subs: Clark, Stewart, M. Smith, Neilson, Pollock, C. Smith, Henderson, Forrest, Halliday

Injured: Boyce, Beni, Kingsley, Halkett, Humphreys, GMS, Haring

Suspended: Grant 

McKay to finally get his form back!

Edited by Thomson1874

Probably echoing other comments, really looking forward to this one. First sat 3pm ko for a while. 3 points is a must and will leave us in a pretty good position considering europe and Injuries. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, His name is said:

Probably echoing other comments, really looking forward to this one. First sat 3pm ko for a while. 3 points is a must and will leave us in a pretty good position considering europe and Injuries. 

Absolutely. We have now played both halves of Glasgow 4 times, neither Aberdeen nor Hibs have played them 3 times let alone 4, and we have both of these teams to play at home having been to them.

Win this one, regardless of Aberdeen result Saturday, 4th and 2 points behind, if you look at the fixtures, every chance we will be 3rd eating Christmas dinner and ready to pull away, with better fixtures, same schedule as everyone else, players rested and players returning.

We have had everything against us for 3 months, now with everything for us, we need to take advantage

2 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Gordon

Kio

Shankland 

Subs: Clark, Stewart, M. Smith, Neilson, Pollock, C. Smith, Henderson, Forrest, Halliday

yeah that's what i would go with, thought the 4-1-4-1 was working really well before the red card last Saturday. 

2 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Gordon

Kio

Shankland 

Agree with all of this

Only possible niggle would be perhaps we could play Forrest, Halliday or even Pollock in stead of Kio to play in front of the midfield rather than behind.  But then as long as the FBs play high up the park, I'm happy as you have it.

Thugs!

Hope the Aussie boys make it through the game without getting maimed.

We should be too much for them at Tynecastle.

I'm going 2-0 JT's.

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Should be an easy three points, not playing them on their pitch.

Hope the Aussies and the rest get through without any injuries.

Its never easy against Livy!

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They will be well organised and I expect them to try and boot our players up and down the park.

Especially our Aussie players.

Still it's not that horrible turf they have and if we are organised and the players in the right frame of mind, it should be a comfy win. 🤞

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Except both home games in the league last season

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Except both home games in the league last season

Yup 3-0 and 2-0. Wins we had to work hard for.

Gordon 

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Devlin Snodgrass Halliday

Ginnelly                       McKay 

Shankland 

2-0 Hearts. 

18 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Win on Saturday then all things considered its been a decent start to the season.

Incredible really considering the injuries. 

One final push.

If we can get the three points here we are in a pretty good position to kick on from after the World Cup. I think the players are in a good place right now and we will get the job done.

Hearts 2 - 1 Livingston.

Edited by No Idle Talk

Huge match, this.

Confidence is slowly starting to creep back into the team and we're right on the verge of really clicking.

It'd be nice to think that this will be the game when it all comes together.

But I'd happily take a narrow 3-2 win. Or a scrappy 1-0.

The Motherwell performance was what I have been expecting from a Hearts team.

Hopefully the same again against Livingstone before the break.

ScandinavianJambo
11 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Rowles makes a huge difference. He’s immediately made the defence more secure and I now don’t expect teams to always score from corners. Will be a tough gig against livi but we have added a bit of steel to our game so see no reason why we can’t get a win. 

Yes indeed. We can now defend concerns and take them too!

We should win this game, but it will not be easy. 2-1 Hearts. 

They will definitely be putting the boot in , it's their style away from home.

Need to move the ball quickly and take our chances,  2-0 Hearts  

12 hours ago, Thomson1874 said:

Gordon

Kio

Shankland 

Kio !       Noooooooooooo

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon 

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane 

Devlin Snodgrass Halliday

Ginnelly                       McKay 

Shankland 

2-0 Hearts. 

Gordon.

Neilson.         Sibbick.           Rowles

Atkinson.        Snodgrass.          Devlin.           Pollock

C.Smith

Shankland

With the exception of Gordon & Snodgrass, plus M.Smith, Halliday, Haring, Boyce, we have the makings of a really good squad in the next 3 to 4 years with Z.Clark, Kingsley, Halkett, Cochrane, Baningime, Grant, McKay, Forrest and Humphrys hopefully . 

I recon R. Stewart, Kiomourtzoglou, Mackay-Steven, Henderson & Ginnelly moving on in January or the Summer.

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Gordon.

C.Smith

Shankland

With the exception of Gordon & Snodgrass, plus M.Smith, Halliday, Haring, Boyce, we have the makings of a really good squad in the next 3 to 4 years with Z.Clark, Kingsley, Halkett, Cochrane, Baningime, Grant, McKay, Forrest and Humphrys hopefully . 

I recon R. Stewart, Kiomourtzoglou, Mackay-Steven, Henderson & Ginnelly moving on in January or the Summer.

After Motherwell game do you reckon we play better with 10 men? 

6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Gordon.

C.Smith

Shankland

The club spent about 350k on kio so think will be given more of a chance. Outgoings otherwise I wouldn’t disagree tho gino not until the summer but the others sooner

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Gordon.

C.Smith

Shankland

why would Kio move on in January or the summer ??

Edited by 1971fozzy

The Grim Reaper
On 09/11/2022 at 23:05, Bazzas right boot said:

Should beat them.

But, if Livi believe,  press and have a go we could struggle. 

You’re exactly right for once Tosh, well done. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Gordon.

C.Smith

Shankland

10 men..

Our £400k sIgning away in January ..

Smith starting...

With the exception of 6 players....eh?( with the exception of half a team and some of our best players we'll have a good team)

:vrface:

and the best thing about it- it's your most sensible post in weeks!!!

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Absolutely. We have now played both halves of Glasgow 4 times, neither Aberdeen nor Hibs have played them 3 times let alone 4, and we have both of these teams to play at home having been to them.

Win this one, regardless of Aberdeen result Saturday, 4th and 2 points behind, if you look at the fixtures, every chance we will be 3rd eating Christmas dinner and ready to pull away, with better fixtures, same schedule as everyone else, players rested and players returning.

We have had everything against us for 3 months, now with everything for us, we need to take advantage

Your Xmas dinners are a bit different  from mine.

images.jpeg

Shooter McGavin

Got a feeling this is going to be a really tough game, and I suspect they’ll try and nullify us by simply kicking us at every opportunity.

Hope they get a man sent off early doors.

1-0 Hearts.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

10 men..

Our £400k sIgning away in January ..

Smith starting...

With the exception of 6 players....eh?( with the exception of half a team and some of our best players we'll have a good team)

:vrface:

and the best thing about it- it's your most sensible post in weeks!!!

For once I agree with you, that post is horrific 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, poultry said:

Shanks hat-trick, 18/1 WH.

2.05 Hearts on Betfair, possibly one of the best even money bets I've seen in a while. Sure they will defend hard, but giving up 70% possession regularly, you need the cards to fall your way

12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

2.05 Hearts on Betfair, possibly one of the best even money bets I've seen in a while. Sure they will defend hard, but giving up 70% possession regularly, you need the cards to fall your way

👍🤞

19 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Agree with all of this

Only possible niggle would be perhaps we could play Forrest, Halliday or even Pollock in stead of Kio to play in front of the midfield rather than behind.  But then as long as the FBs play high up the park, I'm happy as you have it.

Would also be happy with the change you suggest. I think the fact Kio has sat out of the last two probably means he will be coming back in for this one. Hopefully if he is in the team, it allows Devlin to push a bit further forward, intercepting/winning the ball further forward allowing us to get up the pitch a bit quicker! The danger is if he naturally drops a bit deeper then the last thing we need is to play two defensive midfielders at home to Livi.

9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Kio !       Noooooooooooo

Ross County away was a very decent performance from him. The club has invested a decent amount of money in him so I think we’ll see a bit more of him yet!

The fact he now has Devlin and a close to full fitness Snodgrass in beside him will definitely help Kio to raise his game up another level.

17 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Hearts win & Hibs lose is almost 5/1 on Skybet

23 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Would also be happy with the change you suggest. I think the fact Kio has sat out of the last two probably means he will be coming back in for this one. Hopefully if he is in the team, it allows Devlin to push a bit further forward, intercepting/winning the ball further forward allowing us to get up the pitch a bit quicker! The danger is if he naturally drops a bit deeper then the last thing we need is to play two defensive midfielders at home to Livi.

Ross County away was a very decent performance from him. The club has invested a decent amount of money in him so I think we’ll see a bit more of him yet!

The fact he now has Devlin and a close to full fitness Snodgrass in beside him will definitely help Kio to raise his game up another level.

Absolutely.  I like Cammy playing high up the park, and if Kio is there "sweeping" it allows Cam and Snoddy to play close the front line, which is great in possession but also out of it.  Having Kye back allows this a little as well as if Livvy go long to negate the press, I've more faith in Kye and Toby to deal with headers and balls over the top.

Ok, let's go with your team!!

I really, really hope Barrie plays and tears it up to shut a few on here up (but moreso, so we win of course!!)

Snodgrass playing deeper has been a revelation, and makes up for not having Haring available. It's a shame for him though, hopefully a month off will help.

LochcarronJambo

Games against Livingston are rarely easy & I expect same tomorrow, with their form being good, however, if we play like we have in last few games, hopefully we will have too much for them

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Snodgrass playing deeper has been a revelation, and makes up for not having Haring available. It's a shame for him though, hopefully a month off will help.

Quite worrying for Pete. Been nearly a month now since that match, and still suffering, hope he has some good time off now and recovers very soon

A least one thing about playing Livi you know what’s coming, first thing is matching their work rate and second not allowing the big lad up front to much space. Always think it’s vital to get the first goal against them if you don’t it gives them something to hang onto and it’s a tough ask.