***HMFC v Livingston*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

i wish jj was my dad
58 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think yesterday's bench showed just how weak our squad is. A clutch of youngtsers and two goalkeepers.

Yes we have been unlucky with injuries but a team with our standing and funding should have a squad big enough and good enough to cope better than we are.

Credit to the players for their fighting spirit in the last couple of games in picking up four point after having a man sent off in both games.

Our problem is that in both these games we created a number of chances but failed to take them.

I know it is still relatively early days yet but I just can't see what Grant and Kio offer to the team.

We really need to find someone much better than those two in the January window and a Striker.

I think we have a decent squad but could do with strengthening our attack a bit. I'm actually quite pleased we have some youngsters on the bench. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Marvin

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Did you see the ones with Obileye having both arms wrapped around Shankland in the box and Devlin pulling Ginnelly by the arm to the ground and putting him off headering the ball which was also a stonewall penalty.?

Yeah there is a crystal clear photo of him armlocking Shankland. 

When the officials are missing that, its time for an official complaint tbh. Thats not good enough and should be getting caught if not by the ref, then his assistants or with VAR as a safety net. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah there is a crystal clear photo of him armlocking Shankland. 

When the officials are missing that, its time for an official complaint tbh. Thats not good enough and should be getting caught if not by the ref, then his assistants or with VAR as a safety net. 

Just watched sportscene . Devlin and Ginelly incidents both penalties 

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, Pilmuir said:

Halliday’s withdrawal definitely had an impact on the attacking prowess of the team. The manager was left with defensive midfielders or take a chance on Pollock.

We do lack options and I’m still baffled that we let McEneff go without replacing him.

Hopefully we will have a few signings in January. We have made money and we need investment to get third comfortably...

It's the way it goes.

Shankland was off the boil. I like him but he's inconsistent and I don't think he's been near his best. That first chance he had, he should've buried. Second one he just takes too long to decide what he was doing. 

Gino should have hit the target with his sitter but also should've had a penalty as well after a great run in behind. 

Those are the margins we're dealing with. We should have won, the chances were there but we didn't take them. We need a wee bit more quality in attack to make those chances count and to create a bit more. 

Shanks had, what, 5 goals in four league games coming in? Yes he should have done better but we can’t count on him every game

Last season we got a few goals each from Kingsley, Halkett, and Souttar. Smith, Cochrane, and Atkinson had a few too. We need a bit more from defenders, midfielders, and wingers not named Josh. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
9 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Players looked utterly knackered out there yesterday. Most of those boys have played every minute in the last few week. Snodgrass was out on his feet after about 50 mins. If we didn’t have a midweek game we would have been fat zipper with the ball. A point isn’t the worst and the players and staff get a well earned rest. Glad to see Halkett back as he bullied nouble when he came on.

That's a brilliant expression 🤣

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Yes the report on BBC website is ridiculously one sided .

Think ball was well away when Devlin got wiped out , presume that was why no penalty.

2 handballs, one where Shinnie appeared to flick ball with his elbow . 2 blatant handballs outside box which could have led to livi goals .

Need to see Cochrane tackle again but if you watch livi player he is getting increasingly impatient whilst being 'treated' 

Obviously waiting for red card . Eventually got up without even pretending to limp . If Cochrane plants his studs on ankle at that speed think there might have been some damage .

Doesn't matter how far the ball away is, if you get fouled, wiped out or assaulted in the box it's a penalty, as long as the ball is still in play.

2 hours ago, john thomas said:

Surely not !

Though , the fact it was Beaton, makes it surprising Cochrane wasn't sent off

Napier is yet another in a long list of Weegie refs.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Load of shite.

Most times there was 2 or 3 player's on them, especially Mckay. 

Don’t make me laugh  if any of the 2 of them showed a bit more desire they could create theirselves plenty space and get us further into opposition half instead they take easy option and pass backwards 80 % time 

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Load of shite.

Most times there was 2 or 3 player's on them, especially Mckay. 

We do need to be looking to counter that though. No point sticking McKay on the right because Smith can't attack, so just leaves the left where Cochrane should be trying to support McKay in getting forward.

We need to be more dimensional if 2 players shutting down McKay kills our attacking momentum. 

1 hour ago, Lido said:

Doesn't matter how far the ball away is, if you get fouled, wiped out or assaulted in the box it's a penalty, as long as the ball is still in play.

Yes wasn't quite sure of the rules but you are correct .

Also Devlin did get fouled , wiped out AND assaulted

9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Another clown ref, nothing new, was a stonewaller all day, maybe sportscene will moan about it, na, probably not.

They did actually! Highlighted both the Devlin and Gino incidents and said they were stonewall penalties!

Still think Nouble would be a good addition to our squad. Good with the ball at his feet and hard to play against . Can't see us not being more of a goal threat with him playing.

3 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Still think Nouble would be a good addition to our squad. Good with the ball at his feet and hard to play against . Can't see us not being more of a goal threat with him playing.

Sign for Hearts and every challenge he makes will be a foul against him - just like Uche 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How many games will Rowles miss ? One or two

Professional foul. 1 match.

Can be 2 for dissent (would have to be some rant to get a red); 3 for violent conduct, but tends to be 2 if it's just foul play rather than fisticuff.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OTT said:

We do need to be looking to counter that though. No point sticking McKay on the right because Smith can't attack, so just leaves the left where Cochrane should be trying to support McKay in getting forward.

We need to be more dimensional if 2 players shutting down McKay kills our attacking momentum. 

Need oir midfielders to carry the ball forward sometimes

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Exactly! I really thought Hearts should have made more of that every time BM got the ball there were two or three on him... surely making them short of men elsewhere ? My only grip is the playing across the back three/four its not the actual passing it is the time they take to decide to make the passes because it gives far to much time for the oppo to get back into shape . If Shanks could have taken just one of the early chances this place would be entirely different because we would have had then all ends up ... they only have one plan.

Yip. 

100%.

I thought the same,  but our midfielders just don't break the lines or carry the ball forward,  teams know this so just mark McKay heavy.

Snodgrass was also man marked very well, boy stuck to him like glue.

15 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Professional foul. 1 match.

Can be 2 for dissent (would have to be some rant to get a red); 3 for violent conduct, but tends to be 2 if it's just foul play rather than fisticuff.

Ta

4 hours ago, john thomas said:

Just watched sportscene . Devlin and Ginelly incidents both penalties 

Were they discussed? Rarely watch it

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Need oir midfielders to carry the ball forward sometimes

Like Beni……😔

Just now, sadj said:

Were they discussed? Rarely watch it

Yes they all confirmed they were stonewallers!

Just now, Thomaso said:

Cheers Thomaso, might have a lookie, hopefully will help those on here who post thinking they werent pens to realise just how bad our ref “Napiers ear” was yesterday. 

2 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Don’t make me laugh  if any of the 2 of them showed a bit more desire they could create theirselves plenty space and get us further into opposition half instead they take easy option and pass backwards 80 % time 

Don't know who you're describing but certainly not an accurate representation of McKay or Gino yesterday. 

19 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not suggesting the fantasist actually did play for Hearts but Grant Murray, Alan McManus and David Murie were all around at the same time as Robbie. All seemed like good lads but couldn't lace his boots. 

I worked with David Murie as a Prison Officer, he was indeed a good lad. 

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Cheers Thomaso, might have a lookie, hopefully will help those on here who post thinking they werent pens to realise just how bad our ref “Napiers ear” was yesterday. 

Both defo penalties. 

Jambo in Bathgate

Livingston are a physical side. There game is based on scoring first , then holding on to what they have.  In the first 15 minutes we could/should  have scored at least two goals. VAR and the non review of penalty decisions apart. To beat them you have to score first that opens up the game. Unfortunately, we missed guilt edged chances. In the second half they man marked Snodgrass and  fouled continuously nothing blatant but enough to slow the game down. However it’s pleasing to see that we salvaged a point with 10 men again. That’s what the ugly sisters do. Maybe we are now seeing Hearts handling the rest in a similar fashion. 

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Wasn’t it the case that they didn’t show either incident during the highlights, but then raised them both in the analysis, probably by the prompting of Michael Stewart.

He had said earlier, on the radio, that he’d have plenty to say about them on Sportscene.

Jambo in Yorkshire
3 hours ago, Lido said:

If the penalty had been given it was likely to be 1-0 to us, massive difference to the game.

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Like Beni……😔

Yip.

I like Devlin, but Beni imo is the standard to set.

He was by far our best midfielder. 

41 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Wasn’t it the case that they didn’t show either incident during the highlights, but then raised them both in the analysis, probably by the prompting of Michael Stewart.

He had said earlier, on the radio, that he’d have plenty to say about them on Sportscene.

Yup missed off the highlights - typical BBC!!

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yup missed off the highlights - typical BBC!!

Thought that. I was shouting at the tv about them not showing the 2 incidents after they were only too happy to harp on for ages about some incidents from our game with Motherwell.

I am presuming it was Michael Stewart who pushed for the after highlights scrutiny. 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Thought that. I was shouting at the tv about them not showing the 2 incidents after they were only too happy to harp on for ages about some incidents from our game with Motherwell.

I am presuming it was Michael Stewart who pushed for the after highlights scrutiny. 

Think that is the way they often do coverage of games .