• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Marvin

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will win this comfortably imo. Things are coming together. 

No point in dwelling too much on another loss at Ibrox - I'll take the positives on what was an excellent defensive performance.

Nelly Terraces

This is going to be tougher than people expect as Martindale really knows how to set up & get the very last drop of talent & effort out his team. We should have enough to beat them though if we show the right attitude.

A win ensures the worst case scenario is 4th and 2 points behind Aberdeen going into the break. A month ago if you offered me that I would’ve snatched your hand off. Failing to win could see us slip to mid table. Massive game this, the psychological impact being in a good place going into the break is very important, especially with a very favourable run of fixtures to look forward to at the other side 

1 minute ago, Hansel said:

If we don't win I'll be jolly well cheesed off indeed.

Sorry about the bad language 

There's no place on this communicative medium for your brand of negative piffle. Begone lipspittle.

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I can see another battling victory like Sunday. Aberdeen playing in form Dundee Utd so no guarantee that they'll win.

Yip. And it wasn't that long ago united pumped them 4-0

Although the sheep at home are a different kettle of fish

Just now, Gorgierools said:

There's no place on this communicative medium for your brand of negative piffle. Begone lipspittle.

A thousand apologies sir 🙏 

16 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I can see another battling victory like Sunday. Aberdeen playing in form Dundee Utd so no guarantee that they'll win.

im putting a tenner on that for a draw. Nothing surer

We have had a much tougher schedule than them and this yet another 3 games in 7 days.  Fatigue could be a factor.

I think we will win but it won't be easy.  Will put us in a great position going into the break.

2-1 Hearts.

3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

We have had a much tougher schedule than them and this yet another 3 games in 7 days.  Fatigue could be a factor.

I think we will win but it won't be easy.  Will put us in a great position going into the break.

2-1 Hearts.

Hopefully confidence wise Toby will be flying now. He was shepherding balls out with supreme confidence I felt tonight. Rowles beside him is a proper CB too, so we've got two proper CB's and a much more natural feeling defence, rather than full backs trying to cover etc. 

26 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Nope. Both not risked until after W/C I heard

From whom? 

Bazzas right boot

Should beat them.

But, if Livi believe,  press and have a go we could struggle. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

The joy the entire squad will have for 3 Aussies will be a facror imo.  They will pull out all the stops to send them off on a winning note.  The 19,000 crowd will be another factir in our favour.

Hope the weather is good and the place is rocking.

2 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

A win ensures the worst case scenario is 4th and 2 points behind Aberdeen going into the break. A month ago if you offered me that I would’ve snatched your hand off. Failing to win could see us slip to mid table. Massive game this, the psychological impact being in a good place going into the break is very important, especially with a very favourable run of fixtures to look forward to at the other side 

If we win on Saturday we’ll give ourselves a great chance of being in 3rd and potentially starting to pull clear by new year. Our next 3 fixtures see us play home games v Livvy, Kilmarnock and St Mirren whilst Aberdeen host a confident Utd on Saturday and then return with fixtures v Rangers and Celtic! Hibs first 4 games after the World Cup include trips to Ibrox and Tynecastle and home games v Celtic and Livvy. If we can take 9pts we’ll go clear in 3rd and nobody will be ahead of us again this season. 

bobby bombscare

Think they'll be tougher than many on here think. This is a team that has taken points of us, his, Aberdeen and rangers (not all of which is at home, so they're not just decent on the plastic pitch).

I think we will win but reckon it will be closer than many predict. 

2-1 to us I reckon!

8 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

This is going to be tougher than people expect as Martindale really knows how to set up & get the very last drop of talent & effort out his team. We should have enough to beat them though if we show the right attitude.

Totally this . Livingston are no mugs , but we have the better players and are at home . Better team than Hibs with a manager who knows to put the right type of player in each position and to play in a way that utilises their strengths . None of their players are world beaters but Martindale gels them together to be greater than the sum of the parts 

All that said I think we will win 

Rowles makes a huge difference. He’s immediately made the defence more secure and I now don’t expect teams to always score from corners. Will be a tough gig against livi but we have added a bit of steel to our game so see no reason why we can’t get a win. 

22 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Rowles makes a huge difference. He’s immediately made the defence more secure and I now don’t expect teams to always score from corners. Will be a tough gig against livi but we have added a bit of steel to our game so see no reason why we can’t get a win. 

Hopefully he is fit for Saturday.  Lots of players suffer reaction after first 90 mins after a longish lay-off. 

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

From whom? 

a mate.  Would imagine it’s probably the case (starting anyway)  seeing neither even made the bench last night. We’ll see though

Captain Sausage

Couldn’t care less about the score, just get three points Hearts. Would be a brilliant achievement for the team to be (at worst) within 2 points of third place come the break. I think we will sneak it by a goal. 

Gordon

Smith

Sibbick

Rowles

Cochrane

Devlin

Halliday

Snodgrass

Ginelly

McKay

Shankland

I'm gagging for this game.

A 3pm Sat KO. (All too rare)

A sell-out. (I don't even have a spare ST to gift)

Supporters travelling from far and wide.

Ticket Exchange seats getting gobbled up.

A Livi team led by a manager who is more than likely going to make a game of it. He's no Tommy Wright (imho).

But ...

... Nae home plastic pitch advantage!!!

Anticipating a sooo-fu*king-perb pre-World 🏆 - cum-Memorial Day atmosphere spurred on by The Gorgie.

Let us all come together, give our Aussie lads a brilliant send-off, and win this one to leave us in a fab position for when the league resumes.

❤️❤️G❤️

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'm gagging for this game.

A 3pm Sat KO. (All too rare)

A sell-out. (I don't even have a spare ST to gift)

Supporters travelling from far and wide.

Ticket Exchange seats getting gobbled up.

A Livi team led by a manager who is more than likely going to make a game of it. He's no Tommy Wright (imho).

But ...

... Nae home plastic pitch advantage!!!

Anticipating a sooo-fu*king-perb pre-World 🏆 - cum-Memorial Day atmosphere spurred on by The Gorgie.

Let us all come together, give our Aussie lads a brilliant send-off, and win this one to leave us in a fab position for when the league resumes.

❤️❤️G❤️

Buzzing for this too. Been a long time coming with the injury problems we have had. Place gonna be packed and hopefully rocking. A win any way will do for me 3 big points before the world cup with no more injuries. Mon the jts

This is another big game.  If we win on Saturday we will be in a very strong position after what has been a terrible time with injuries and a tough spell fixture wise.  Livvie as always will scrap for their lives but we should have enough quality to get this done.  2-0.  

9 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

If we win on Saturday we’ll give ourselves a great chance of being in 3rd and potentially starting to pull clear by new year. Our next 3 fixtures see us play home games v Livvy, Kilmarnock and St Mirren whilst Aberdeen host a confident Utd on Saturday and then return with fixtures v Rangers and Celtic! Hibs first 4 games after the World Cup include trips to Ibrox and Tynecastle and home games v Celtic and Livvy. If we can take 9pts we’ll go clear in 3rd and nobody will be ahead of us again this season. 

Totally agree, not a bad position to be in considering the doom and gloom that was going about only a month ago 

12 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

No excuses. We need 3 points and I think we will.

3-0

Must win game😏, going for 2-0 Hearts, livi will struggle on our lovely, playable, perfect, expensive , proper pitch.

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I felt the same watching the game regarding Rowles as the last few games I was sh@ting myself when we gave away a corner lol.

We only have 7 points from the last 6 games.

This is a must win.

Livingston have 10 points from their last 6 games and would go 5 points clear of us in 3rd place if they win.

If we win we go 3rd or 4th at worst in to the World Cup break which is massive.

Wins for us and United will put us 3rd going into the break. When the league restarts in December, we should have all our defensive players fit again (Kingsley might still be a doubt though). That should set us up nicely for the crucial winter period.

We_are_the_Hearts
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Wins for us and United will put us 3rd going into the break. When the league restarts in December, we should have all our defensive players fit again (Kingsley might still be a doubt though). That should set us up nicely for the crucial winter period.

NOw our defence played well people are saying that missing Beni, Boyce and Humphreys was the issue. We just need to forget all the excuses and get the job done with the squad we deemed good enough to go into the season with. I'm sure we will

56 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Must win game😏, going for 2-0 Hearts, livi will struggle on our lovely, playable, perfect, expensive , proper pitch.

Livi have a decent away record.

They will , as always , be well prepared.

In these kind of fixtures, score first (preferably early) and their game plan is screwed

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Knowing there is a month to rest after Saturday, expect us to to have the energy to win. Get the first goal, it makes life very hard for them. 

Team not got much scope for change from last night, but its November not May, and I do expect the energy to be high enough to win this well

Nelly Terraces
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Livi have a decent away record.

They will , as always , be well prepared.

In these kind of fixtures, score first (preferably early) and their game plan is screwed

They're decent & I like Martindale as a manager, he's clearly got them punching well above their weight, but they're not unbeatable. They've been smashed 5-0 away to the sheep & also lost to Motherwell & St Mingin on the road & even Ross County beat them at home on the plastic pitch.

We need to be aggressive, get the ball forward early & close them down fast when they have it.  An early goal is a REAL game changer in more than ways than one, it'll alter their entire plan & they'll have to take risks they don't really want to. Let's hope we get one, and a few others.

GORGIE RULES.