***HMFC v Livingston*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

Win tomorrow and we are 4 points off where we were last season after 15 games.  Thats having played the OF 4 times in this 15 whilst only 2 times at the same stage last season.  8 tough European games, coupled with the well documented injury list and I think that is a pretty decent return. 

4th highest goal scorers in the league and 4th worst goals against.  

You have to think we are due a good post WC and post January run with a full squad to choose from. 

Cue 0-1 Livi win tomorrow 🙄

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Don Dan

• Marvin

• Morgan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

A least one thing about playing Livi you know what’s coming, first thing is matching their work rate and second not allowing the big lad up front to much space. Always think it’s vital to get the first goal against them if you don’t it gives them something to hang onto and it’s a tough ask.

I think sevco would agree with your assessment. 

Conceded early against Livi a couple of weeks ago and took until injury time to get level 

52 minutes ago, damo said:

Win tomorrow and we are 4 points off where we were last season after 15 games.  Thats having played the OF 4 times in this 15 whilst only 2 times at the same stage last season.  8 tough European games, coupled with the well documented injury list and I think that is a pretty decent return. 

You have to think we are due a good post WC and post January run with a full squad to choose from. 

League table starting to take natural shape, shows you the importance of looking at the table over the longer term rather than knee jerk reactions.

Been a while since we have had back to back top 3 finishes. Couldn’t be a better time to do it with guaranteed European group stage football on offer (and with it looking likely we could lose that soon).

If we achieve that then hopefully Neilson would finally get the credit he deserves from the whole support.

We're playing pretty well just now but Livi are notoriously difficult to play against at times. 

Ultimately we should be able to break them down and as long as we take our chances, I'll go for 2-0 Hertz.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We're playing pretty well just now but Livi are notoriously difficult to play against at times. 

Ultimately we should be able to break them down and as long as we take our chances, I'll go for 2-0 Hertz.

We are moving the ball well. If we can move it better in the final third, and draw their defenders out, good chance we win comfortably. They have conceded the wings to Rangers and Aberdeen recently, somehow you have to get them down the middle

23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

We are moving the ball well. If we can move it better in the final third, and draw their defenders out, good chance we win comfortably. They have conceded the wings to Rangers and Aberdeen recently, somehow you have to get them down the middle

Yeah, I think Snodgrass will be key tomorrow and everything will go through him. Can see him scoring too, maybe. Aim for Halliday from corners haha, and get McKay cutting in and cutting back. Might not be a game for Gino, maybe one for Forrest instead since he likes to cut in and shoot. Crossing into their box is going to do nothing. Rangers hit them with 80-odd crosses a couple of weeks ago and got nowhere so I'd like to see us take that into account. 

Looking forward to it. Should be a good game.

W2

D1

L3

is Livi’s away record in the league including a 5-0 defeat at Pittodrie, albeit they were a man down in that game. Bit of a mixed bag.

The games against Livingston are notoriously hard fought. From memory, however, last season we beat them 3-0 and 2-0 at home in our league matches (as well as beating them on pens after a 0-0 in the cup). I expect another hard fought match, but one which I expect us to edge. 

2-0 Hertz 🇱🇻

We have not had a player sent off against us in the league since February.  Hibs get one every second week it seems.

We are due it!

23 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You must have a stressful life, I'm sorry :)

Over 50 years watching Hearts - you bet I have! 🤪

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

W2

D1

L3

is Livi’s away record in the league including a 5-0 defeat at Pittodrie, albeit they were a man down in that game. Bit of a mixed bag.

The games against Livingston are notoriously hard fought. From memory, however, last season we beat them 3-0 and 2-0 at home in our league matches (as well as beating them on pens after a 0-0 in the cup). I expect another hard fought match, but one which I expect us to edge. 

2-0 Hertz 🇱🇻

They actually had better of first half at Pittodrie, until they gifted a last man foul in the final minutes of the first half, trying to play out from a goal kick. Aberdeen battered them for the final hour on Tuesday, we are better than them at moving the ball from what I've seen. Rangers might have had a reaction the day they played them, no idea, we should be well up for it, with a break now ahead for the team

Tricky fixture. I've been quite impressed with the wee bits of Livingston that I've seen. The pitch there is always a bigger challenge to away sides and plays heavily in their favour when it comes to getting points on the board but they are a bit up and down travelling away.

Need to dominate them and not allow them to win the midfield, thats they key for me and I'm happy with Snoddy, Cammy and whoever alongside them to set our tempo and dictate our game.

Never dealt with them properly at all away but tomorrow at Tynie with, hopefully, a very vocal supportive home support, matched by passion and endeavour on the park, we're sending three players to a World Cup, we can end this season part 1 on a high and overall (a few blips aside) we can be happy with the position we end in and ready to go again in four weeks.

Think we will win this one with something to spare. Time to take an early chance in a home game and dominate. Another penalty coming our way, VAR involved again and a 3-1 or 4-1 win is my prediction. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Livi have performed well this season and should be commended on punching above their station.

i do think we have far too much quality and confidence just now for them to take anything however and I’m confident we’ll go into the break with another 3 points. 

3-1 hearts 

3 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

League table starting to take natural shape, shows you the importance of looking at the table over the longer term rather than knee jerk reactions.

Been a while since we have had back to back top 3 finishes. Couldn’t be a better time to do it with guaranteed European group stage football on offer (and with it looking likely we could lose that soon).

If we achieve that then hopefully Neilson would finally get the credit he deserves from the whole support.

Third place wouldn’t guarantee us group stage football, unless ourselves, Celtic or Rangers win the cup.

2 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Third place wouldn’t guarantee us group stage football, unless ourselves, Celtic or Rangers win the cup.

That's just about a certainty.  Anyway, my treble for the weekend is Hearts, Kilmarnock and England to win the cricket.

Hope the club do something special om Saturday to recognise our Aussie heroes.

Weather forecast looks good.  Place packed to the door.  I think we're in for a great day.

Interested to see on the BBC site that both Hibs and Aberdeen have significant injury problems.  Could be a very great day.

Not  certain if this is correct but I reckon we have played 13 home games this season including friendlies but have yet to keep a clean sheet I hope that changes against Livvy. 

Captain Canada

I think we'll win 3-1. 

Hopefully the players can put in one more huge effort before the break. I know they're professional athletes, but the season so far has been far from typical. 

My starting team would be: 

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Rowles Cochrane

Devlin Snodgrass

Forrest C.Smith Halliday 

Shankland 

5 hours ago, Jimbojack said:

Not  certain if this is correct but I reckon we have played 13 home games this season including friendlies but have yet to keep a clean sheet I hope that changes against Livvy. 

Beat the the mighty Bonnyrigg Rose 5-0 iirc

Byyy The Light

I’d be tempted to get through without the Australian guys. They might be subconsciously protecting themselves for the World Cup.

Be impossible for it not to play on their minds, even with the best intentions.

After the defeat at Tony Macaroni stadium, Joe Savage blamed the result on the pitch and the players not following the tactics set out pre-match to counteract the pitch. He guaranteed that we would beat them on the Tynecastle surface. Hope he’s right.

18 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’d be tempted to get through without the Australian guys. They might be subconsciously protecting themselves for the World Cup.

Be impossible for it not to play on their minds, even with the best intentions.

Or play so well it would put them in the national sides starting 11 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I seriously doubt our 3 players would shirk anything.

Something on BBC Scotland right now managed to mention the Scottish connection to the Socceroos without mentioning our three members of the squad. Got a mention in about the Celtic connection though (1 player and a manager)

Bazzas right boot

We beat them very easily last season at hone, iirc the first game they were awful. 

We'll need ti defend high balls properly and not be caught out 1v 1 on the counter, but we should score a couple. 

Be God for Shankland ti score from open play and maybe our wingers ti chip in with a goal.

Really don't want them scoring first, could become a slog.

3-0 us after breaking down stubborn resistance. 

A clean sheet would also  be most welcome. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Beat the the mighty Bonnyrigg Rose 5-0 iirc

We've only had 1 clean sheet in the leagueall season. 

Churchill Barrier
41 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

After the defeat at Tony Macaroni stadium, Joe Savage blamed the result on the pitch and the players not following the tactics set out pre-match to counteract the pitch. He guaranteed that we would beat them on the Tynecastle surface. Hope he’s right.

A couple of things are certain, they wont come to frustrate us, barely crossing half way, they will have a go.They won't rely on a long punt to a fast running forward as their only attacking tactic, and they will have more than 1 shot on target.

Be good to get a clean sheet. Defence looked far more organised & solid with Rowles back. If we can keep it tight I expect us to eventually break them down and win 2 nil. It's not going to be easy, we need to be up for it from the off and impose our game on them. Anything less and this Livvi team could hurt us. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

A couple of things are certain, they wont come to frustrate us, barely crossing half way, they will have a go.They won't rely on a long punt to a fast running forward as their only attacking tactic, and they will have more than 1 shot on target.

They'll also get beat by more than 1.

Your point is really relevant and subtle. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Buzzing this morning. Wee trip to the swing park wi the grandson then off for the supporters bus. Mon the jts 3 points. 

Hope you have fun on the swings. 

Foolishly thought this was another Sunday game so arranged a night out with my daughter and son in law in the weege , so missing the game. On this basis 4-0 Hearts. Shankland (2), Snodgrass and Rowles.

Captain Sausage
22 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

:lol:

They will park 10 behind the ball at all times and horse it to a massive striker. 

0/10 - troll better next time. 

Churchill Barrier
Just now, Captain Sausage said:

:lol:

They will park 10 behind the ball at all times and horse it to a massive striker. 

0/10 - troll better next time. 

Bet they dont

Its going to be tough for sure. Their team is packed with quality and in Martindale have a top top manager who knows how get his players to run the channels and transition defence to offence quickly.

His game management is quality. 

Perhaps not the largest support but always vociferous im looking forward to a home win though.

Not conceding has to be the priority so Id expect a 5.;4;1 formation , keep it tight and look to reach the 45 minute point at zero zero. From there we can take the shackles off perhaps move to a ,4,4,2 and really start to impose ourselves as an attacking force. Having given such a strong performance against quality opposition in Europe weve nothing to fear from Livvy today.  Im sure we can do it but wont be surprised if we dont ! 

Theres no easy games in this league.

26 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

😴

29 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Buzzing this morning. Wee trip to the swing park wi the grandson then off for the supporters bus. Mon the jts 3 points. 

Fi Alicante? Some bus driver ye have there bud

Enjoy

Apologies for the random question but does anyone know if Hearts TV is showing the full match replay tonight? Website doesn’t seem to mention it.

Away down south this weekend so can’t make the game but wondering if I can avoid the score and watch later.

22 hours ago, damo said:

I was waiting for the last sentence :lol: