*** Official Aberdeen fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Would tend to agree. All they need to do is get crosses into there CF. From their point of view, the rest should take care of itself. We just need to take our chances and hope for a high scoring game because we are conceding imo. 

Hopefully Gordon starts coming out for crosses even if he punches the ball away, if he doesn't we are going to give away chances.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

1 minute ago, Philfigo said:

That's what I was wondering, always thought Grant looks a good player good range off passing and a bit of skills l.

He like many others that we sign has no pace about his game and although he has nice touches that doesn't make up for his lack of energy in getting stuck in and covering the pitch.

Not been competing in the midfield in so many games this season.

Hopefully it's better today.

And McKay and Forrest get involved more for us too 

Full 90 minutes please Hearts.

Not another lazy 45.

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

He has options, I'm really not thrilled about that defence selection. Again we've went for no height at the back. 

Agree with this. Why not Sibbick, Neilson, Haring & Kingsley back four, with Cochrane left mid? 

This has far more physical strength & height. I suspect we could be dodgy with every cross into the box again. Not quite sure how Kio & Snodgrass will cope getting a grip of midfield either with two wide men again in Forrest & McKay. Hope I'm wrong. It's certainly an attacking looking selection. Just hope we get enough possession to supply the front line & McKay. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

We have 3 centre halfs available Haring (Who was signed as a centre half) Neilson and Sibbick. He continues to play 2 left backs in that position. I was going to say baffling but it's really not. The guy is clueless. We have been slaughtered with Kingsley and Cochrane shoehorned in but he continues with this. 

Just get to ****. Clown. 

Hopefully Sibbick is playing centre back. Never thought I’d say that but at least he’s quite tall. 

Dick Dastardly
15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

😂 We’ve been utterly dominated in central midfield all season and you’re suggest we play with one instead if two, when we should have three in there. 

And if we stick three in there we get dominated elsewhere. Go for broke. Hit it long and let the big Humph do the donkey work. Can't fail, i tells  you

Hopefully Sibbick is playing centre back. Never thought I’d say that but at least he’s quite tall. 

Kio is quite tall but hardly wins a ball in the air.

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

We have 3 centre halfs available Haring (Who was signed as a centre half) Neilson and Sibbick. He continues to play 2 left backs in that position. I was going to say baffling but it's really not. The guy is clueless. We have been slaughtered with Kingsley and Cochrane shoehorned in but he continues with this. 

Just get to ****. Clown. 

Stupidity is to continue to make the same mistakes and expect results to be different, I’m really struggling to get my head around that one too mate, it’s ridiculous! 

lost in space

No offence but your post did make me laugh. It has become so bad that the fans are asking for a CH who is quite tall.

24 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

We’re missing Hayden Coulson, but this is an attacking line up with us not normally playing Miovski and Duk together

Any predictions 

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

That team os ****ing horrendous, Cochrane and Kingsley in the middle with zero protection in front of them,  we are conceding 2 minimum yet  again.

And who would you play? 

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

That's what I was thinking but Snodgrass in the center with Kio. 

That's probably a bit more sensible than my approach! McKay playing Central with Snodgrass and Kio behind him would probably be better, yup

Just now, lost in space said:

No offence but your post did make me laugh. It has become so bad that the fans are asking for a CH who is quite tall.

Sibbick was one of the few players who didn’t look out of place in Florence in terms of athleticism and physicality. Was a joy to see him come on and win a few headers. 

I suspect Shankland will be playing as a 10 today in behind Humphrys. 

34 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't know them. Don't care. Just beat them. 

Screenshot_20221016_135439.jpg

I'm looking forward to the sheep belting out a Ramadani-Ding-Dong song.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That's probably a bit more sensible than my approach! McKay playing Central with Snodgrass and Kio behind him would probably be better, yup

Yeah, I think Snodgrass has been playing as a CM for the past couple of seasons now.

Why is he playing 2 left backs at centre half and leaving 2 centre halves on the bench? Square pegs and round holes again 🤷‍♂️🙄

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Any predictions 

It’ll be  a tight game.

Hoping we squeeze through with a 2-1 win

Edited by IveSeenTheLight

Kingsley & Cochrane at CB. Again. 

Pretty certain we will lose this game. Two great players that should not be playing together in that position. 

Just now, Henroddy said:

Why is he playing 2 left backs at centre half and leaving 2 centre halves on the bench? Square pegs and round holes again 🤷‍♂️🙄

Strange to say the least 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And who would you play? 

I would have liked to have seen a back 4 of Sibbick Haring Neilson and Kinglsey. 

If we lose today due to issues at CB, I think folk will be justified in their anger towards Neilson. Square pegs in square holes. 

6 minutes ago, lost in space said:

None taken 😂. The plethora of left backs is making me sad. 

I would have played Neilson at right back where his aeriel ability would be less exposed.Sibbick centre half with Kingsley.Cochrane in his more natural position.Connor smith into a three man midfield Forrest and Mckay together away from home in a tough match doesn't seem to work.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, ramrod said:

That team os ****ing horrendous, Cochrane and Kingsley in the middle with zero protection in front of them,  we are conceding 2 minimum yet  again.

Sadly this.  For a manger always going on about learning curves why the **** can he not even learn basics?!  No wonder Aberdeen are odds on now!

Just now, Henroddy said:

For Me

Gordon

Sibbick Haring Neilson Kingsley  

of the players available that's the back line id go with anything in from who knows ??

Sibbicks best performance the other night at wing back Ties in wi best for Barnsley against chelsea in the cup at yes wing back !

BigPhysicalHearts

I reckon we're playing the trusty 3-3-3-1 today.

Gordon

Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane

Kio Snodgrass Halliday

Forrest McKay Humphrys

Shankland

Fozzyonthefence
46 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If they make mistakes they will get slaughtered by so called Hearts fans. 
Look what they did to Sibbick. Destroyed a young lads confidence 

Maybe he just lost his confidence because he was playing so poorly?  Easier to blame the fans though I guess.

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I will have my eyes closed at their first corner…..🙈

Along with Cochrane and Kingsley…

Diadora Van Basten

It looks like a dogs dinner of a team to shoehorn Andy Halliday in.

Haring should be playing as he is a better centre half than Cochrane and a better central midfielder than Kio.

Devlin should be playing as he’s a better central midfielder than Kio.

I have no idea where Snodgrass is playing.

Shankland, Humphries, McKay and Forest look good just if we can provide a spine for them to build on.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Maybe he just lost his confidence because he was playing so poorly?  Easier to blame the fans though I guess.

But was he playing that poorly?Pretty much the whole team have made errors and not played well but he was the one picked on 

Edited by GBJambo

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Versatility is one of the things he looks for in players. 

Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

It looks like a dogs dinner of a team to shoehorn Andy Halliday in.

Haring should be playing as he is a better centre half than Cochrane and a better central midfielder than Kio.

Devlin should be playing as he’s a better central midfielder than Kio.

I have no idea where Snodgrass is playing.

Shankland, Humphries, McKay and Forest look good just if we can provide a spine for them to build on.

Devlin is suspended 

21 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Just get to ****. Clown. 

Haring has played one game at CB in about 3 years and it was a disaster. 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ach Wullie says Aberdeen are better all over there’s nae point in playin 

Did he? How’s the old ***** worked that one out 🤦🏻😂

Just now, CMc said:

Haring has played one game at CB in about 3 years and it was a disaster. 

Crazy for the clamour to have him as CB 

He would have a bad game and Robbie would get the blame for playing him there 😂

Sibbick Neilson Kinglsey

Halliday                        Cochrane

That would have done.

Not getting much protection from Snodgrass and Kio, surprised Haring isn’t getting more minutes with Devlin missing out.

Far from wanting Neilson out, but hes just giving his doubters more fuel.

We’ll need Craigy G to have a hell of a game to win this! The defence has more leaks than a knackered fridge! 

Let’s be honest if Aberdeen don’t score they should just pack it in!

Rudi cant fail

Cochrane and Kingsley at CB when you have Haring and Neilson on the bench is baffling. All very well in blaming injuries but you pick your strongest 11 based on players natural positions, neilson is a centre half and haring was signed as a centre half. 

you also lose Kingsley and cochranes attacking threat playing where they are. 

mckay starting again when he’s done nothing of note for weeks and clearly needs a rest

can see the “Robbie” thread being an interesting one today