Timeline for Ann Budge to Relinquish Ownership?

CostaJambo

13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The product on the pitch is substandard and as a club we are massively underachieving.  For a club of our size, stature, fan base, and income streams, it's nothing short of embarrassing.

If we were a financial institution, the share holders would have pulled the plug years ago.

:laugh:

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Bull's-eye

Honestly sick to death of some of the unbridled negativity on here, and from a minority of fans at games. 

I don’t think anybody would dispute that results and performances haven’t been as promising as you would expect after last season. But given the injuries to key players (at the same time), suspensions and run of fixtures so far, in explicit terms what would we all like to see different? 

We could be a few points better off in the league - absolutely - but we are still sat 3 points off third with a game in hand. I think we would all like performances to have been better in Europe but results wise we are performing in line with our seeding (so far). I understand disappointment over performances, I agree we have looked too passive in the bigger games in Europe but there is a degree to which we forget the other team isn’t just an inanimate object and is also trying to perform to their best, often with better players.

Feel like some fans just want is to ‘be good’ which is obviously what we all desire but if it it’s as simple as just ‘be good’ then every team would do it. Guy next to me at the Fiorentina game shouting “just ******* score Hearts” (sincerely and not in jest). Well why stop there - just go ahead and score 5. None of this is easy either on the pitch or at a club level. Could we be doing marginally better? I don’t doubt it. Ultimately are we in a good place? When you compare it to where we have been for the majority of my lifetime I’d say so. That’s not accepting mediocrity it’s just recognising sustainable progress takes time and isn’t always plain sailing.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JimboJambo93 said:

Honestly sick to death of some of the unbridled negativity on here, and from a minority of fans at games. 

I don’t think anybody would dispute that results and performances haven’t been as promising as you would expect after last season. But given the injuries to key players (at the same time), suspensions and run of fixtures so far, in explicit terms what would we all like to see different? 

We could be a few points better off in the league - absolutely - but we are still sat 3 points off third with a game in hand. I think we would all like performances to have been better in Europe but results wise we are performing in line with our seeding (so far). I understand disappointment over performances, I agree we have looked too passive in the bigger games in Europe but there is a degree to which we forget the other team isn’t just an inanimate object and is also trying to perform to their best, often with better players.

Feel like some fans just want is to ‘be good’ which is obviously what we all desire but if it it’s as simple as just ‘be good’ then every team would do it. Guy next to me at the Fiorentina game shouting “just ******* score Hearts” (sincerely and not in jest). Well why stop there - just go ahead and score 5. None of this is easy either on the pitch or at a club level. Could we be doing marginally better? I don’t doubt it. Ultimately are we in a good place? When you compare it to where we have been for the majority of my lifetime I’d say so. That’s not accepting mediocrity it’s just recognising sustainable progress takes time and isn’t always plain sailing.

Great post

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Here is me thinking they just announced a boutique hotel.

Jowever, I'm sure your expert business experience pulling pints knows better. :rofl:

Sorry cab you tell me JOWEVER means 🤪😂?
However if this boutique hotel has a turnover of well over a million a year as we do it will be doing extremely well 🤞

Edited by Pasquale for King

The biggest problem with fan ownership was always going to be the fact that the membership of our Foundation of Hearts have no say on our Hearts management. The power lies with the Board and FOH are just a minority on the Board but that’s ok for now because in the future there will be Board members who hopefully listen to what the fans want like a change of manager. I just hope that our FOH directors relay to our Hearts Board and CEO the feelings of our fans/members.

13 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Um Nicola Sturgeon has been First Minister since 2014...

That was supposed to be the joke . . .

5 hours ago, JimboJambo93 said:

brilliant post 👍🇱🇻👍

35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The biggest problem with fan ownership was always going to be the fact that the membership of our Foundation of Hearts have no say on our Hearts management. The power lies with the Board and FOH are just a minority on the Board but that’s ok for now because in the future there will be Board members who hopefully listen to what the fans want like a change of manager. I just hope that our FOH directors relay to our Hearts Board and CEO the feelings of our fans/members.

Are you serious ??? I do hope not.  Who wants a change in manager ? Randoms? I pay in every month and am a ST holder and go to a good few away games. I dont want a change so your argument makes no sense. Hence why it’s absurd to say FOH members will be playing football manager - thankfully

Edited by 1971fozzy

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11804850

I'm on a slow internet connection or I would have done that gif, cheers. ;)

Naisys Tackle
31 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm on a slow internet connection or I would have done that gif, cheers. ;)

Yeah thought you may have had it in mind :lol: 

13 hours ago, JimboJambo93 said:

Great post but just to correct you we have TWO games in hand ! What I find is getting me down is that with some posters it has reached a point where if we do drop points you just know they are going to be on here like a pack of Hyena's ... it is like they have lost their any interest in the result unless it is a negative one which gives them ammo to fire... how sad is that?

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, mitch41 said:

It really isn't. There are some fans who think they speak for everyone. They don't. 

And there are some fans who I really don't want the board to listen to. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

There is a process the board go through to be re-elected, whether anyone would ever challenge this is doubtful.

I have my doubts whether the two representatives of the FoH on the board do anything different from the others, nod whilst drinking their coffee and eating the nice biscuits.

i wish jj was my dad

Incredibly disrespectful. 

People can effect positive change without being a rabid arsehole.it is how grown ups behave. 

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry cab you tell me JOWEVER means 🤪😂?

Typo pal, from phone as I was messaging on the go.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

However if this boutique hotel has a turnover of well over a million a year as we do it will be doing extremely well 🤞

I'm pretty sure the business people running Hearts are better qualified than you are to judge.  Remind me, aren't you a barman?

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There is a process the board go through to be re-elected, whether anyone would ever challenge this is doubtful.

I have my doubts whether the two representatives of the FoH on the board do anything different from the others, nod whilst drinking their coffee and eating the nice biscuits.

It would be  a great idea to throw out the board consisting of highly successful business people and put in plumbers and sparkies who are good Hearts fans.

:Aye:

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Are you serious ??? I do hope not.  Who wants a change in manager ? Randoms? I pay in every month and am a ST holder and go to a good few away games. I dont want a change so your argument makes no sense. Hence why it’s absurd to say FOH members will be playing football manager - thankfully

It’s not all about you it’s about our support being listened to, not about playing kids games. Another thing is why do we never hear the thoughts of our Chairwoman Ann Budge and Our Chief Executive Andrew McKinley on where the club stands on major issues because an AGM is only once a year.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It’s not all about you it’s about our support being listened to, not about playing kids games. Another thing is why do we never hear the thoughts of our Chairwoman Ann Budge and Our Chief Executive Andrew McKinley on where the club stands on major issues because an AGM is only once a year.

The club have a number of Q & A events throughout the year where fans can ask questions other than the AGM.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Fans are listened to. Fortunately, the club is run by people who know a bit more about how to do it than random fans do. 

5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

we have 2 games in hand over 3rd place hibs and can go above them today.  With our defence all just about injured it’s really not that bad.  What is it you would like Budge or McKinlay to say ? 
He sent out a presser a few days ago.  Do you want him to throw Neilson under the bus because we aren’t 1st or 2nd ? 

The Mercer Takeover
11 hours ago, mitch41 said:

In my opinion, this is the one huge flaw with the setup we have.

The money we bring in absolutely incredible and it's the one debit every month that adds a smile. However, unless more representation and overall say is provided, I have concerns over the long term viability.

Everyone understands that knee jerk reactions from fans, is a dangerous way to run a football club. The flip side is also true though, ignoring the wishes of supporters who seek general change, needs to be better accounted.

I really hope we find a balance as this evolves, as just now we pay in a lot, without really seeing much of what we get for it

17 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

In my opinion, this is the one huge flaw with the setup we have.

The money we bring in absolutely incredible and it's the one debit every month that adds a smile. However, unless more representation and overall say is provided, I have concerns over the long term viability.

Everyone understands that knee jerk reactions from fans, is a dangerous way to run a football club. The flip side is also true though, ignoring the wishes of supporters who seek general change, needs to be better accounted.

I really hope we find a balance as this evolves, as just now we pay in a lot, without really seeing much of what we get for it

The problem is your argument is subjective and other than a group of very vocal posters on here, there is little evidence they represent any more than a small minority.

We have a DoF who reports to the board and will recommend change if he feels the manager isn't delivering.

22 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I also know that you don’t put whole sentences in brackets, I realise we can’t all be educated at The University of Edinburgh so I will let you off 😆.
The revisionist bit is that she built a super duper new stand, conveniently forgetting the job was given to her brother with no experience in such large projects, her pal ****ed up ordering the seats, they didn’t even have a plan for it to be finished, the TO is too small, and it’s already £10m over budget with another £10m to come, of our money. I wonder which one of her trusted pals will get the job for hotel?

I graduated in law from the University of Edinburgh, you pompous a$$...Haha

And you may notice that the post was edited. The edit was put in brackets.

And I never said anything about stands, brothers, seats, millions etc... 

I am a bit embarassed to share an alma mater with you...

(besides this isn't a formal letter or document, just a post on a football chatroom, so you are a bit misguided in expecting people bother too much about grammar or even spelling...)

Edited by Spellczech

20 hours ago, JimboJambo93 said:

Good post

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

we have 2 games in hand over 3rd place hibs and can go above them today.  With our defence all just about injured it’s really not that bad.  What is it you would like Budge or McKinlay to say ? 
He sent out a presser a few days ago.  Do you want him to throw Neilson under the bus because we aren’t 1st or 2nd ? 

Funnily enough, that's exactly what mitch wants him to do!  The worst thing that could possibly happen to Hearts from now on would be for people like mitch to actually have any say or influence in the running of the club. We'd be better off having Liz Trusster**** running the club!