Timeline for Ann Budge to Relinquish Ownership?

CostaJambo

Naisys Tackle
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Great post, RT.

Worse than a gang kicking the shit out of one guy is when those on the periphery, egging them on, take a wee sly kick themselves.

The main thrust of the op, I believe, is who has the final say regarding Robbie's position?

Despite the handover it is still, undoubtedly, Ann Budge. If she says he stays...he stays.

I'm not in the Robbie out camp at the moment but I do fear the potential of another period of wasted time and money like the one we had with Levein. 

Ann does have previous regarding her unwillingness to make decisions about her friends.

👍👍  100%.

Edited by Robbies Tackle

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Bull's-eye

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Australis said:

Robbie has given her the opportunity to make us a laughing stock.

But also given her the opportunity to meet Italians in sharp suits.

Everyone just sit on their hands quietly and turn Tynecastle into a morgue that's the way forward.

Bring back the average players that bust a gut for the club and fans.

Who get and care about the club.

McKay and Forrest are like starting the game with two players missing.

They don't care or Robbie is making them look useless and lazy and has coached any football they had out of them

What is it.

Who's laughing at us and why?

What a pile of shite from start to finish. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I’m far more concerned with how we get rid of Craig Levein 

I'd keep him, if we let him go now we might drift aimless under MacPhee for a bit before we employ a likeble but not very tactically astute German who will take us bottom. 

Just for more banter the league might finish early and we could get demoted.

Just how I see thing panning out. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Canscot said:

Ftfy 

Seriously. Pep would not get us qualified with the players we have available due to the injury situation. 
Even at full strength I doubt it. 

Aye but I bet we'd be half decent to watch at least. 

5 hours ago, Australis said:

A wee bit off key, but are we the fans and the FOH involved in the building and design of the 22 bedroom hotel in the stand?

With it being a fan owned club now.

Who decided it is going ahead.

Yeah, I'm designing the bar, it's green and white stripes, looks great. Other fans are doing the bedrooms but the toilets are done be Ann herself

13 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

We lose to Fiorentina and some fans want to sack the board, Jesus ****ing wept. :facepalm:

Can’t do that who’s going to pick the carpets and the curtains for the hotel😜😜

It seems to me there’s legitimate questions in and around the total nonsense on this thread.

What I’m a little unsure of is what fans actually want? We’ve finally achieved stability yet there’s a constant noise around change, the manager, the board and various staff members. Can we not let the club breathe, let those in charge get on with it and review at the end of the season? 

The clubs been up and down like a hoors drawers for years on and off the pitch, finally we get a good season and group stage European football. Ok it’s not plain sailing so far but surely to grow we need to learn from this season and be ready to go again better prepared, with people who are currently in the club going through this journey? If the board went who with the required experience of building a club out size fit to hold its on consistently in Europe and the league would come to Hearts, surely they’d want a step up?

I don’t particularly care about the  Robbie Neilson comments that’s opinions and most football fans want their manager to go or stay at some stage. The board stuff though seems way of the mark and there’s some short term memories. Do we really think we can accelerate success without huge risks attached? Is the FoH ownership model perhaps giving fans a sense that they’re vision for the club should be accepted without really knowing the true cost of running the club and what would happen if we just went gung ho spending cash.

We are far from perfect and things perhaps could change but sacking boards, running AB out the club and getting rid of the manager all seems a little OTT right now.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Can’t do that who’s going to pick the carpets and the curtains for the hotel😜😜

:lol: wouldn't be surprised if Ann appoints Craig Levein as temporary interior designer. 

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It seems to me there’s legitimate questions in and around the total nonsense on this thread.

What I’m a little unsure of is what fans actually want? We’ve finally achieved stability yet there’s a constant noise around change, the manager, the board and various staff members. Can we not let the club breathe, let those in charge get on with it and review at the end of the season? 

The clubs been up and down like a hoors drawers for years on and off the pitch, finally we get a good season and group stage European football. Ok it’s not plain sailing so far but surely to grow we need to learn from this season and be ready to go again better prepared, with people who are currently in the club going through this journey? If the board went who with the required experience of building a club out size fit to hold its on consistently in Europe and the league would come to Hearts, surely they’d want a step up?

I don’t particularly care about the  Robbie Neilson comments that’s opinions and most football fans want their manager to go or stay at some stage. The board stuff though seems way of the mark and there’s some short term memories. Do we really think we can accelerate success without huge risks attached? Is the FoH ownership model perhaps giving fans a sense that they’re vision for the club should be accepted without really knowing the true cost of running the club and what would happen if we just went gung ho spending cash.

We are far from perfect and things perhaps could change but sacking boards, running AB out the club and getting rid of the manager all seems a little OTT right now.

Great post.

I always suspected that the short-term memories of those who started following in the Robinson through to Romanov years would hit a wall when the club had to restructure post administration onwards.

Our playing budget is far smaller to keep us stable long term.  At the same time Celtic and Sevco have grown theirs significantly.

3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

5 in 16 this season.

Looks bad, but there have been 7 defeats against sides with vastly superior resources (Fiorentina x2, Istanbul, Celtic, Rangers, Zurich x2). We'd do well to take anything from any of these games at the best of times, but we attempted it with a lengthy injury list and 5 (?) red cards.

The unacceptable performances have been the LC defeat 1-0 home to Kilmarnock, and to a lesser extent the 1-0 defeat at Livingston.

The stats will improve when we don't play good teams so often! (and if we get some important players back)

Sensible post.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Who's laughing at us and why?

What a pile of shite from start to finish. 

Agreed. 

I really do despair at the utter rubbish some fans come out with. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Gid post. 

On 13/10/2022 at 20:01, CostaJambo said:

Sorry if this is common knowledge already but is there a transition plan for Mrs. Budge to relinquish power? Despite the many positives she brought to the club it is not working now as we look to cement 3rd place in Scottish football and the financial rewards that brings. She seems to be very sentimental in persisting with existing personnel when things clearly aren't working, and the club management have to be held accountable for this. Is there a transition plan already in place and if so, who is going to manage the football side of the club post the Budge era?

Seek help.

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

A good post, Rudy.

This is not the time for major decisions.

The only doubt I have is that, when the time does come, the decision won't be made.

Many knew Levein was a lame duck, in whatever capacity at Hearts, long before Ann Budge did. 

1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Good Post the only bit I disagree with is its not just a little OTT it's ****ing madness. 

It seems to me some Hearts fans can't handle stability. 

They prefer the white knuckle ride of administration and possible liquidation. 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Much as some of us like to claim we are the Estblishment club in Edinburgh, there is a thick vein of anti-authoritarianism in the Hearts support. Basically it is the the knee-jerk reaction to any setback. Sack Neilson, Punt Budge, Sack Savage etc

Questioning people's contribution is fine but it cannot only happen following a defeat. It has to be for a period of time. Judged over a period of time Levein was the last person who deserved to be sacked...

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

See if Alan Johnson does not sign a contract extension soon , then I think we should drop him 

Why!? What's the worst that could happen, he's not exactly going to walk away for nout and play for Rangers!! 

3 hours ago, Rudy T said:

It seems to me we are pretty sh**e at the moment, and quite a large number of fans are pissed off with the status quo. It's not really that difficult to understand, it's just that you are easier pleased.

Doctor FinnBarr
8 hours ago, Fraggle said:

Why!? What's the worst that could happen, he's not exactly going to walk away for nout and play for Rangers!! 

And neither did Johnson, Rennes then Sunderland before der Hun. Webster was sneakier but we still accepted him back.

i wish jj was my dad

Are we seriously talking about binning the board? The same board that have built a new stand, attracted benefactors and stabilised our finances so for the first time in living memory the wolf isn't actually at the door? 

Christ, I hope Halkett is fit soon and we results improve. 

alicante jambo
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Are we seriously talking about binning the board? The same board that have built a new stand, attracted benefactors and stabilised our finances so for the first time in living memory the wolf isn't actually at the door? 

Yes i know its mad. Was talking about this last week after the fiorentina match. Im 50 years old and we have never been in a better place financially and our stadium is beautiful. Ok the product on the park is not great but it will come we know the injuries are the problem. Robbie anf the players will have learnt a lot by the end of this season.

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Ignoring the fact that the OP here must have been on the wind up, the mentality of this small but very vocal group of fans is absolutely insane.

It seems like they think it should just be a straight line to success with no bumps along the way and any bumps or downturns should result in someone getting the sack.

The form has not been great this season so far but there are pretty obvious extenuating circumstances. The running of the club in general is better than its ever been despite the grumblings of some about the hotel and other things. We are in a better place than we've even been in my lifetime!

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, leith_dude said:

Ignoring the fact that the OP here must have been on the wind up, the mentality of this small but very vocal group of fans is absolutely insane.

It seems like they think it should just be a straight line to success with no bumps along the way and any bumps or downturns should result in someone getting the sack.

The form has not been great this season so far but there are pretty obvious extenuating circumstances. The running of the club in general is better than its ever been despite the grumblings of some about the hotel and other things. We are in a better place than we've even been in my lifetime!

If only we could attract a shady, businessman to invest millions in the club. One with no respect for the status quo and not scared to pull the trigger if he is unhappy with the manager. That's what we need. 

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If only we could attract a shady, businessman to invest millions in the club. One with no respect for the status quo and not scared to pull the trigger if he is unhappy with the manager. That's what we need. 

been hoping this for years 🙈

12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

It seems to me we are pretty sh**e at the moment, and quite a large number of fans are pissed off with the status quo. It's not really that difficult to understand, it's just that you are easier pleased.

We're in a bit of a dip, which is exaggerated by the quality of opposition we've had to face whilst playing a reserve defence.  Even if we agree we're 'pretty shite', it's not really that difficult to understand why.

The status quo is: 3 points off 3rd (with a game in hand), whilst competing at a much higher level in europe (where our group standing matches our seeding), all while having to field a team missing it's spine to long term injuries and a fair few other absences due to knocks and discipline.

It is hard to understand why so many fans would be pissed off with the status quo.  It definitely seems like these fans are just more easily angered.

Edited by Rampant

As long as I have been on JKB there have been people like you complaining. 

No matter who the owner, chairperson or manager, DOF, sporting director, CEO is a vocal minority moaned. 

The majority of Hearts fans are not easy pleased but are realistic enough to know our

limitations. We've gambled with a supposed rich owner before and nearly lost our club. 

The situation with the manager will be clarified in time but the days of kneejerk reactions are gone. 

Robbie has been a good servant to the club over the years and the hounding of him from some quarters

is disgraceful. 

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Much as some of us like to claim we are the Estblishment club in Edinburgh, there is a thick vein of anti-authoritarianism in the Hearts support. Basically it is the the knee-jerk reaction to any setback. Sack Neilson, Punt Budge, Sack Savage etc

Questioning people's contribution is fine but it cannot only happen following a defeat. It has to be for a period of time. Judged over a period of time Levein was the last person who deserved to be sacked...

As long as Alex Salmond is still First Minister, there's going to be a Hearts link to the Establishment.

What status quo? The ownership model? The board? The manager? The back room staff? What is it they’re pissed off with? What do they think could change and what would they hope that achieved? What is it these fans think a change would bring?

I don’t get it, I really don’t. We’re having a poor run of results but it’s all relative to the opposition and our injury list. If we don’t pick up soon then there will rightly be scrutiny on the manager but all this questioning the board etc someone needs to be very clear on what they want rather than just ranting. I’ve seen Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Budge and now FoH and I’ll tell you this is the best it’s ever been for me behind the scenes.

And here’s the million dollar question, have any of these fans attended an FoH meeting/AGM have the approached any of the board with their ideas. Or are they just shouting like a bairn having a tantrum?

Edited by Rudy T

17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

As long as Alex Salmond is still First Minister, there's going to be a Hearts link to the Establishment.

Um Nicola Sturgeon has been First Minister since 2014...

4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Think the problem with the board is that it appears to be all friends and family

23 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

What status quo? The ownership model? The board? The manager? The back room staff? What is it they’re pissed off with? What do they think could change and what would they hope that achieved? What is it these fans think a change would bring?

I don’t get it, I really don’t. We’re having a poor run of results but it’s all relative to the opposition and our injury list. If we don’t pick up soon then there will rightly be scrutiny on the manager but all this questioning the board etc someone needs to be very clear on what they want rather than just ranting. I’ve seen Mercer, Robinson, Romanov, Budge and now FoH and I’ll tell you this is the best it’s ever been for me behind the scenes.

And here’s the million dollar question, have any of these fans attended an FoH meeting/AGM have the approached any of the board with their ideas. Or are they just shouting like a bairn having a tantrum?

I think they are pissed off with the numerous team performances of late. I think they are pissed of with the lack of fight and determination of the players. I think they are pissed off with the summer transfer window being a bit of a disappointment, considering what was at stake. I think they are pissed off with the manager, and the way he approaches games, and in general, being over cautious, and worrying too much about how the opposition play.

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I think they are pissed off with the numerous team performances of late. I think they are pissed of with the lack of fight and determination of the players. I think they are pissed off with the summer transfer window being a bit of a disappointment, considering what was at stake. I think they are pissed off with the manager, and the way he approaches games, and in general, being over cautious, and worrying too much about how the opposition play.

If they are going to follow the Hearts

they will need to accept the downs as well as the ups. 

Sixty five years I've followed this club and this is the most secure we have been behind the scenes. 

gordon simpson
17 hours ago, Rudy T said:

great post ,how short are some folks memories 

34 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Um Nicola Sturgeon has been First Minister since 2014...

Never write “um” at the start of the post gives me the fear that a certain poster has even more accounts on here than he  has given away by replying from the wrong one.

i wish jj was my dad
52 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Think the problem with the board is that it appears to be all friends and family

What is the problem you are getting at? 

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Sherbet said:

It's all too cosy

The board we have in place is detrimental to the wellbeing of the club? 

The board we have in place is detrimental to the wellbeing of the club? 

If you are happy with things that's fine. I'm not. Had a great time in Florence. But whats on the pitch at present is not acceptable. No disgrace in losing   but the manner in which we lost is.  So many basic and the same mistakes every week

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Sherbet said:

If you are happy with things that's fine. I'm not. Had a great time in Florence. But whats on the pitch at present is not acceptable. No disgrace in losing   but the manner in which we lost is.  So many basic and the same mistakes every week

What has that got to do with your comment about the board?  I'm not trying to be a smart arse but I asked you if what you were implying the board were detrimental to the wellbeing of the club. 

i wish jj was my dad

And to be clear, I'm not happy with what is going on on the pitch but I can see why injuries have made us more vulnerable at the back. I also think we should be handling that better. I'm not blaming the board for that though. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
52 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If they are going to follow the Hearts

they will need to accept the downs as well as the ups. 

Sixty five years I've followed this club and this is the most secure we have been behind the scenes. 

The most secure we’ve been behind the scenes but with a team which is a million miles away from the better Hearts teams we’ve seen.

I guess that tells us everything we need to know about the board

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Built a new stand that isn’t finished, £10m over budget and probably the same again to make a hotel, Budge had to loan the club £3.1m to help mitigate her mistakes that still has to be paid back. The benefactors got in touch with the club not the other way around. 

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Some fantastic revisionist blind loyalty on this thread but that last sentence takes the nice biscuits Budge hands out to her hand picked pals on the board. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Built a new stand that isn’t finished, £10m over budget and probably the same again to make a hotel, Budge had to loan the club £3.1m to help mitigate her mistakes that still has to be paid back. The benefactors got in touch with the club not the other way around. 

Basically the £14mil FOH have contributed will.cover the overspend on the stand

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Some fantastic revisionist blind loyalty on this thread but that last sentence takes the nice biscuits Budge hands out to her hand picked pals on the board. 

“judged over a period of time” :lol: left to ruin us by a chairperson who was unwilling to show any leadership, would be closer.

We’re not far off 10 years on Budge’s watch - and whatever role she now has, this is her board. Completely disingenuous to suggest otherwise. As a team, what have we delivered in that time that any of us will remember? The title 14-15 is it.

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why do you think the benefactors got I'm touch with the club?  And you would like to see the board step down?  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Why do you think the benefactors got I'm touch with the club?  And you would like to see the board step down?  

“Board step down” is such an antiquated way of looking at it. It’s not the 1980s. I’d like to see additions to the board who are a clean break from Budge’s management of the club and have a vision for us - ie, create an actual model for recruitment and development as opposed to turning over journeymen with a coach who suits Budge’s comfort blanket mentality. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Basically the £14mil FOH have contributed will.cover the overspend on the stand

You think that’s acceptable? 

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He's better ignored. He hears snippets of drivel from drunk old slavers and posts it on here as if he's in the ken.

A waffler of epic proportions.

He's been found out multiple times.

Shall await his usual aggressive and attempt to be clever retort.