Timeline for Ann Budge to Relinquish Ownership?

CostaJambo

1 minute ago, leeumboyce said:

My position is Neilson OUt.

But it's always been that position, and it'll remain like that.

Fair enough, at least yer not venting in here the way ya do on twitter. Does this mean between you and the other people with similar thought processes we are about to go back to the protests and duvets being hung up again or are you in that i want him gone but lets see where we go for now as we know the injury crisis at the back is fundamental to us sitting 20yards deeper or done quick fix even if its wrong, you want to take the chance? 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i wish jj was my dad

• frankblack

• Pasquale for King

• Bull's-eye

Just now, sadj said:

Fair enough, at least yer not venting in here the way ya do on twitter. Does this mean between you and the other people with similar thought processes we are about to go back to the protests and duvets being hung up again or are you in that i want him gone but lets see where we go for now as we know the injury crisis at the back is fundamental to us sitting 20yards deeper or done quick fix even if its wrong, you want to take the chance? 

Hope I’m not speaking out of turn but I think you’ve been a player and / or manager?

I think Hearts are at a stick or twist moment. 

Do we stick with the undoubted stability that Robbie has brought to the club or do we twist and go for a manager who might do better but is a gamble like any new manager is?

I like Robbie and guess the players do too. I’m 52 and on and off the field this has been one of the most settled periods on and off the park ever, there’s just that wee niggle we’ve underestimated ourselves. 

14 minutes ago, leeumboyce said:

My position is Neilson OUt.

But it's always been that position, and it'll remain like that.

Even if we end up qualifying for the next round?  Even if we win the cup?  If we win the league? 

1 hour ago, CostaJambo said:

Sorry if this is common knowledge already but is there a transition plan for Mrs. Budge to relinquish power? Despite the many positives she brought to the club it is not working now as we look to cement 3rd place in Scottish football and the financial rewards that brings. She seems to be very sentimental in persisting with existing personnel when things clearly aren't working, and the club management have to be held accountable for this. Is there a transition plan already in place and if so, who is going to manage the football side of the club post the Budge era?

Mate, as well as other jobs I own Hearts now. 

Let me know if you have any other questions like who is Prime Minister and when Scotland gets its own Parliament. 

1 minute ago, Rampant said:

Even if we end up qualifying for the next round?  Even if we win the cup?  If we win the league? 

None of these things will happen with Neilson incharge.

3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Hope I’m not speaking out of turn but I think you’ve been a player and / or manager?

Do we stick with the undoubted stability that Robbie has brought to the club or do we twist and go for a manager who might do better but is a gamble like any new manager is?

I like Robbie and guess the players do too. I’m 52 and on and off the field this has been one of the most settled periods on and off the park ever, there’s just that wee niggle we’ve underestimated ourselves. 

Not speaking out of turn at all. 

I think thats a very good post. Probably part of the disconnect between both positions aswell is some see the stability as a bad thing some see it as a bigger picture type scenario. 

I dont know if we need to change or not to advance as a club. Im inclined to say not at the moment but I also get very frustrated at the lack of desire and intensity at times. It also gets frustrating when you feel like it could click and we will smash teams then it just never happens. United it felt like here we go. Then we lose Rowles, Halkett, Boyce etc and thats a large part of the spine of the team 😞 

9 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Correct. 

11 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I’m  the same age and largely agree but is the stick or twist not true of every single club out there ?  I don’t think I could stomach another Cathro or Romanov roulette

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Social media break at the minute, i'm in the he needs to go and nothing can change that. 4 wins in how many games now?(not that i expected anything against Fiorentina) a bit of heart would have been good.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’m  the same age and largely agree but is the stick or twist not true of every single club out there ?  I don’t think I could stomach another Cathro or Romanov roulette

Totally agree but while I like Robbie and appreciate what he’s done for Hearts as a manager it just always feels we could do better. 

Saying that I’d take Robbie every day over the bullshit bingo David Brent over the road 🤣

2 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Sorry if this is common knowledge already but is there a transition plan for Mrs. Budge to relinquish power? Despite the many positives she brought to the club it is not working now as we look to cement 3rd place in Scottish football and the financial rewards that brings. She seems to be very sentimental in persisting with existing personnel when things clearly aren't working, and the club management have to be held accountable for this. Is there a transition plan already in place and if so, who is going to manage the football side of the club post the Budge era?

:cornette:

Robbie has given her the opportunity to make us a laughing stock.

But also given her the opportunity to meet Italians in sharp suits.

Everyone just sit on their hands quietly and turn Tynecastle into a morgue that's the way forward.

Bring back the average players that bust a gut for the club and fans.

Who get and care about the club.

McKay and Forrest are like starting the game with two players missing.

They don't care or Robbie is making them look useless and lazy and has coached any football they had out of them

What is it.

HEARTS FOREVER

Stoap it 😂

8 minutes ago, Australis said:

Robbie has given her the opportunity to make us a laughing stock.

But also given her the opportunity to meet Italians in sharp suits.

Everyone just sit on their hands quietly and turn Tynecastle into a morgue that's the way forward.

Bring back the average players that bust a gut for the club and fans.

Who get and care about the club.

McKay and Forrest are like starting the game with two players missing.

They don't care or Robbie is making them look useless and lazy and has coached any football they had out of them

What is it.

just my opinion but I think football has moved on from that unfortunately 

Hard to believe Budge is still getting the blame for everything from the half time pies to faulty hot water system in the away dressing room....😁

wtf

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mate, as well as other jobs I own Hearts now. 

Let me know if you have any other questions like who is Prime Minister and when Scotland gets its own Parliament. 

Suppose Sean Connery's out of the question....

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

I’m good mate ta. I don’t disagree but just saying her influence is diminishing but let’s be thankful she saved the club. We were done if she hadn’t stumped up. There was no one else prepared to stump up £2.5m for the shares with only a suggestion that x thousand hearts fans would commit to direct debits to pay her back. 

Definitely, I think we need a more demanding board moving forward though. 

baron of ness
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, I think we need a more demanding board moving forward though. 

Explain what you  mean. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Explain what you  mean. 

One that’s doesn’t accept the mediocrity we’ve seen in the past under her stewardship. One not based on her hand picked lackies who know they’re not allowed to question her. One that if they’re building a new stand don’t employ family and have no idea what to do with the space, and run over budget by £10m of our money. One that doesn’t employ a CEO because his wife works for Hearts. 

Naisys Tackle

It's pretty obvious the OP means is there a timeline of Ann Budge to not be in charge of the club being the Chairman.

Instead of focusing on the other valid points posters chose to rip and bully the question.

Here's a question though - as a newly fan owned club, do we not get to ask the question at the very least as to how long AB will be Chair?   

I don't want Budge to go but right now we have an Ann Budge appointed board of directors, with very little voice of us the owners who have the call if we ever need to change the person at the top.  

So the answer to the OP.  Is.  Anne will be in control of the club until she decides otherwise.   A bit like other clubs' owners.  But she isn't the owner. 

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

We lose to Fiorentina and some fans want to sack the board, Jesus ****ing wept. :facepalm:

^^ copy and pasted from last Thursday. 

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It's pretty obvious the OP means is there a timeline of Ann Budge to not be in charge of the club being the Chairman.

Instead of focusing on the other valid points posters chose to rip and bully the question.

Here's a question though - as a newly fan owned club, do we not get to ask the question at the very least as to how long AB will be Chair?   

I don't want Budge to go but right now we have an Ann Budge appointed board of directors, with very little voice of us the owners who have the call if we ever need to change the person at the top.  

So the answer to the OP.  Is.  Anne will be in control of the club until she decides otherwise.   A bit like other clubs' owners.  But she isn't the owner. 

Great post, RT.

Worse than a gang kicking the shit out of one guy is when those on the periphery, egging them on, take a wee sly kick themselves.

The main thrust of the op, I believe, is who has the final say regarding Robbie's position?

Despite the handover it is still, undoubtedly, Ann Budge. If she says he stays...he stays.

I'm not in the Robbie out camp at the moment but I do fear the potential of another period of wasted time and money like the one we had with Levein. 

Ann does have previous regarding her unwillingness to make decisions about her friends.

14 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Doh! Unbelievable! 

JKB at its finest.

Very believable 😆😆😆😆😆😆

1 hour ago, martoon said:

The main thrust of the op, I believe, is who has the final say regarding Robbie's position?

Aaah it's another Robbie oot thread then, great stuff.

Great post, RT.

Worse than a gang kicking the shit out of one guy is when those on the periphery, egging them on, take a wee sly kick themselves.

Despite the handover it is still, undoubtedly, Ann Budge. If she says he stays...he stays.

I'm not in the Robbie out camp at the moment but I do fear the potential of another period of wasted time and money like the one we had with Levein. 

Ann does have previous regarding her unwillingness to make decisions about her friends.

This is the bit that probably makes some folk a bit edgy. 

Great post, RT.

Ultimately it's the board. 

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

One that’s doesn’t accept the mediocrity we’ve seen in the past under her stewardship. One not based on her hand picked lackies who know they’re not allowed to question her. One that if they’re building a new stand don’t employ family and have no idea what to do with the space, and run over budget by £10m of our money. One that doesn’t employ a CEO because his wife works for Hearts. 

100% and get her hibby nephew to run the new Skyline Lounge.

31 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Aaah it's another Robbie oot thread then, great stuff.

The seethers don't half make up some pish like this thread and present it as fact to try and support their case.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ultimately it's the board. 

Get out of here with logic and common sense

Edited by sadj

A wee bit off key, but are we the fans and the FOH involved in the building and design of the 22 bedroom hotel in the stand?

With it being a fan owned club now.

Who decided it is going ahead.

1 minute ago, Australis said:

A wee bit off key, but are we the fans and the FOH involved in the building and design of the 22 bedroom hotel in the stand?

With it being a fan owned club now.

Who decided it is going ahead.

Jesus ****… Instead of having another pathetic rant why not go and read about how fan ownership works and how we choose our reps and then go and demand a refund for your FoH contributions and tell us you are stopping your dd. 

Your posts are getting to levels that feel as though they need the ignore function to avoid the loss of brain cells reading them. 

gordon simpson
7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

could you imagine the board if the spangles on  this forum had a say lol we would be defunct in weeks 

The Mercer Takeover
10 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

We lose to Fiorentina and some fans want to sack the board, Jesus ****ing wept. :facepalm:

Perhaps it is because of is some hideous figure like 5 wins in 20

I thought Budge’s role these days is to appease benefactors etc 

No actual day to day running or involved in any big decisions 

3 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

could you imagine the board if the spangles on  this forum had a say lol we would be defunct in weeks 

Correct.  Place is riddled with panic merchants and interlopers.

We've seen what happened last time.  Some think a club like us can cherry pick top managers when the reality is the fish in our pond are your Jack Ross, McInness etc.

Ex member of the SaS

Maybe should be in the Robbie thread but I wanted Robbie to get the job, as I assumed he would be the manager that won the championship with style. What we have now is Levein mark 2, a manager that sets out not to lose and invariably does. Robbie of old went out and got the team fired up to win, I believe that was because we had nothing to lose, It was stated that we had a five year plan and with Hibs and Sevco in the Championship with us, we were meant to stay down longer, this gave Robbie a free hit and he went for it big time. Now however we have as stated a Levein mark 2, with too much emphasis on defending. Get the Championship Robbie back and I will want him to stay, the one we have now is devoid of inspiration and must go.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Perhaps it is because of is some hideous figure like 5 wins in 20

5 in 16 this season.

Looks bad, but there have been 7 defeats against sides with vastly superior resources (Fiorentina x2, Istanbul, Celtic, Rangers, Zurich x2). We'd do well to take anything from any of these games at the best of times, but we attempted it with a lengthy injury list and 5 (?) red cards.

The unacceptable performances have been the LC defeat 1-0 home to Kilmarnock, and to a lesser extent the 1-0 defeat at Livingston.

The stats will improve when we don't play good teams so often! (and if we get some important players back)

18 hours ago, Cruyff said:

None of these things will happen with ( insert name here!) in charge.

Ftfy 

Seriously. Pep would not get us qualified with the players we have available due to the injury situation. 
Even at full strength I doubt it. 

Dick Dastardly
20 hours ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Genuinely starting to wonder if some fans only just started following Hearts in our last  5 matches 🤔

Glory hunting bassas